Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   how do most of you view the gallery? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-do-most-you-view-gallery-327392/)

lwhelan 02-24-2008 05:10 PM

how do most of you view the gallery?

I'm pretty new here, just posted my first card today. I didn't know about the no posting on Sundays unless you're a paid subscriber rule, oops! Anyway, I'm not "getting" the gallery. I'm a longtime viewer/poster at 2peas and I guess I'm so used to their gallery, I'm having trouble acclamating. So, do you usually go to member galleries to view the latest entries? And if so, how do you select to view then? I don't understand the alphabetical galleries, is that SU sets? Duh, I'm sorry, I'm just kinda trying to learn the whole stamping thing and trying new things!

Jillgunter 02-24-2008 05:20 PM

On the home page there is a link for all of todays gallery additions. I look at that daily. And I will also go to the gallery to look at cards say for a certain stamp set I own/thinking of owning. There is also a section for anything but a card, there is a TON of stuff there. Everything you can imagine from boxes to altered items. Once you figure it all out you will be so addicted:)

debzi333 02-24-2008 05:27 PM

I do it a number of ways.. sometime I will go into a challenge gallery and comment there, sometimes I will just watch cards go by in the gallery - and comment there. I also go to the homepage and go through * today's additions*. I also have certain friends galleries I try to visit fairly regularly - and I'll either do a search for their gallery in the search box ( go back to the second search and click on member galleries and enter the name of the person's gallery that you want to look at - ( and unclick where it says thumbnails. )

Another easy way to comment on a particular friend's gallery - is to find a comment on your card - and from there you can go to that person's gallery!

BTW - I don't do all methods at once!! :)

lwhelan 02-24-2008 05:46 PM

OMG, thanks! I never even saw that section in the middle of the home page. I was clicking on "gallery" at the top right.

thanks SO much!!!

Luciesfloozies 02-24-2008 05:55 PM

Welcome! Another thing you can do is go to the forums section and click on General Stamping. There are several threads called something like "Comment-Round 6" or 7, etc. If you click on that thread, then you can go to the last persons gallery and comment on their cards. Then the next person that goes to the thread, goes to your gallery, and so on. It is a good way to see others peoples work, and people can see your work and give you feedback.

Lets see if the link I just made works!!:wink:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=326448

momis mama 02-24-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwhelan (Post 8905787)
OMG, thanks! I never even saw that section in the middle of the home page. I was clicking on "gallery" at the top right.

thanks SO much!!!

you can do it that way too... that is how i do it.

i click on gallery at the top and then on the gallery page right below the search is '1 day'... i like to do the '1 day'

also i search according to stamp set name.

sometimes i like to search a certain technique, theme, type of card or tool... just put that in the search on the gallery page.

SophieLaFontaine 02-24-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333 (Post 8905500)
I do it a number of ways.. sometime I will go into a challenge gallery and comment there, sometimes I will just watch cards go by in the gallery - and comment there. I also go to the homepage and go through * today's additions*. I also have certain friends galleries I try to visit fairly regularly - and I'll either do a search for their gallery in the search box ( go back to the second search and click on member galleries and enter the name of the person's gallery that you want to look at - ( and unclick where it says thumbnails. )

Another easy way to comment on a particular friend's gallery - is to find a comment on your card - and from there you can go to that person's gallery!

BTW - I don't do all methods at once!! :)

One thing I do if I like a person's gallery is, I'll favourite one of their cards. Then I just use that card as a gateway to their gallery. But recently, I have just added people's galleries to my web browser "favourites" - that is even quicker.