Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:46 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Let's look back - how did your stamping change in 2004??

I'm interested in hearing what you all have to say about this... Just briefly, here's my experience:

A year ago, I'd been to just one SU workshop - I owned 2 SU stamp sets and 3 inkpads.

In February, I started going to my now-upline's Stamp Camps - I placed a LARGE order so I could get all 4 SAB sets!

I placed SU orders every month.

I joined SCS in May.

I became a demo in late July.

I recently found a card I made a year ago - oh my, that's all I have to say!!

Thanks to EVERYONE here on SCS, for inspiring me! I know that I wouldn't own as many stamps if it wasn't for SCS's influence, and I probably wouldn't be a demo either!

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 03:58 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten so many beautiful ideas from the artists here. I also attended 2 stamping classes held by my SU demo and I joined her monthly club. I now make all of my cards. I usually do some kind of stamping every day. I've started paying closer attention to the catalogs - lots of good info in them. I really appreciate this web site.
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:23 AM   #3  
Mrs. Incredible

This past year I have finally gotten into techniques. Once I discovered that not all techniques are overly time consuming I was hooked. Learning techniques has opened up another world for me with stamping and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I was introduced to Stampin Up in the fall of 2003. Went to that one workshop and fell in love. I had absolutely NO MONEY at the time and could only order the versamark pad. Didn't do any more until Sellabration of 2004. By then I was back to work and getting a regular paycheck again. I too placed enough orders to get all 4 sets for free. I signed up to become a demo in February. Had my first workshop at the beginning of March. Reached both my Stampin Starts!!! I now own between 90-100 sets, all four sets of full sized inks, the marker set and many accessories. I would have to say that my stamping ability has improved way much more than I thought possible (even though it's not nearly as wonderful as many of the samples that I've seen on this site) and I am now totally addicted to the world of stamping, totally addicted to this site and my housework has suffered so much because of this. :oops:
But I'm having a ball!!!! So that's all that matters.

Pam

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

At the beginning of 2004, I was not a stamper at all! Had attended 1 CTMH workshop, and thought it was fun, but wasn't that interested. I was an avid scrapbooker, but really didn't "get" stamping. Hosted my first SU! workshop in March, and was hooked, big time. Bought my first set, and two ink pads. Signed up as a demo in June, made both stampin starts! Now I've got around 30 sets, two sets of spots and lots of pads. HAVE to keep cardstock in all 48 colors at all times!
Made all my Christmas cards for the first time ever, and have not bought a card in months. I'm a daily scs addict, and don't know how I lived without stamping :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 09:07 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

You would all be appalled with what I own and that i am NOT a demo!

Lets see for 04 I have improved on my layouts. I have been inspired by all the wonderful ideas on SCS! YES - I case but try and remember whom I am casing! I am not afraid to "try" a new technique.

I also am now into embellishing - I used to HATE eyelets, buttons and fibers - I was "bow" challenges and couldn't get a row of eyelets straight to save my life!

I also my wee ones ahve grown and will actually "let" me stamp w/o as many interuptions - THAT in its self has been my Biggest improvment this year!

smiles

kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 09:12 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

well I've been stamping for about 3 years now, but this year I have added lots of techniques! like: Pearl-ex and anything (hairspray, future, versamark), direct to paper, glue pen and glitter, shaving cream, watercoloring, use of ribbon and fibers, pollished stone. the list goes on. I wasn't as much into techniques until I started discovering all the cool things that were out there. now I'm all about the techique.
I used to think that stamping was just stamp, and color it in with markers, chalks, or watercolor pencils, and you're done. boy was I WRONG! I'm so glad I discovered this great place where I can learn all these techniques that really make stamping an obcession lol! (and I thought I didn't need the accessories when I started lololol) it's been a blast!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been paper crafting for years, but never used rubber stamps. Untill my friend brought a set for us to use to make Christmas cards last year. Still wasn't enamored with them, until I got my hands on a cheap foam mounted angel set at Barnes and Noble... Then I went wild and slowly started getting more. Then one day in late May 2004 I saw an SU ad in a mag and decided to find a demo and signed up the next day. I had never even heard of SU until I saw the ad and went to their website, and thought, "what the heck, I might as well try it."

My starter kit set I decided to pick my own sets, which were just the cutesy ones. 6 months later I now have 35+ sets and many more random stamps for here and there.

Plus my stamping techiniques are much better now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I attended my first workshop in March and joined a monthly club at that workshop. I will be sending in my paper work tomorrow!

I think I am starting to develop my own "style" or at least I am figuring out what style I usually go with lol. I am starting to use new techniques like crayon resist and more dtp.

It's exciting to see how much you have developed in a year, isn't it !

My work and the card sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

My stamping has grown by leaps and bounds just by virtue of having joined this website! Your inspiration and challenges have done wonders for expanding my horizons. I love all the input and feedback here. I have learned about techniques I'm sure I would never have encountered and I have discovered so many darling embellishments and such. In fact, I just finished my first microscope mailer... I love the way it turned out and I can't wait to do more. That would not have happened if I hadn't met girlygirl in a swap (is her work incredible, or what??!!)

I've only been on this site since August... I'm looking forward to answering this question again in another year... I'm sure I will have learned even more from you creative, talented women after a full year of interacting with all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 10:47 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I too have become more adventurous in trying different techniques, using more embellishments, etc. primarily as a result of becoming a member of SCS and seeing what others have done (and wow, what a pool of talent we have here!)

Probably the one thing I started doing over this past year that's different is in my approach to making a card. I used to think, "ok, today I've got the whole afternoon to stamp." Then when the time came, I'd sit down at my table with a couple of sets and supplies, and say, "Ok, what should I do with these now?" But over the past few months I've found that if I do my homework during non-stamping time, like when I'm looking through my journal at the stamps I have, or looking at card samples here or in magazines, and then make a mental note or actually jot down ideas of what I'd like to try before I actually sit down to stamp, I'm more productive when I get to table; I know ahead of time what I'd like to work on and then I'm not spinning my wheels as much. I'm not a demo, and sometimes I think it's easier for you who are since you're probably (?) always in the "creative-mode" thinking up new ideas for workshops/stamp camps. I stamp for pleasure/therapy only, and don't always feel the creative juices flowing freely, but I truly enjoy what I do.

Thanks for posting this thread -- I really hadn't thought about it, and I feel better looking over the past year and seeing where growth has actually occurred!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 11:13 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I can now make a card in less than 2 days. ROFL - but I'm not kidding. It was almost painful a year ago...I have cranked out as many as 30 cards in one day (Christmas.....never again!!).

I became a demo in July (made both sides of my stampin start too!!), have amassed too much stuff to hide from my DH ;) and absolutely LOVE sitting down to stamp now.

Embellishments and techniques are new friends....and I love them. Can't wait to try more of each!

Now if I could only win the lottery, I'd be quitting my job and stamping full time! (Hey, a girl needs a dream!)

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's see, I was able to make ok cards that my mother loved...now I make ok cards that everyone loves??? LOL
But for real, since finding SCS I have really found that I can make a nice presentation on my stamped items and that you can stamp on just about anything!!!!!
I love the fact that I too now do specific techniques and that I enjoy trying out new things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Well, March of 2005 I will be a Demo for 5 years! I can't believe it. When I look back on some of my beginning cards I don't know whether to laugh or cry . I now don't fear looking at a card and liking it but changing it either color wise or different accents. I can even come up with ideas on my own. That being said, I get loads of inspiration from SCS and truly am glad to have found this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I am no longer afraid to try new techniques! or stamping things other than cards! I owe SCS many thanks for that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I've been stamping for about 4 years and started seriously scrapbooking for about the last 2 years. I have about 100 stamp sets and almost all of the ink pads, chalks, E.P.'s, and P.X.'s. I would have to say that I've "grown-up" over the past year. When I started it was with small "cutesy" sets, I've expanded to larger more "challenging" sets. I'm not a demo, but for the first time I'm seriously thinking about it :!:

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:53 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

I am with everyone else, love to try those new techniques and have started to use accessories on every card! My clubs love it, they get a new technique each month, some they know others they don't. And I must say thanks to all of you who are so creative and inspire others by giving great, easy instructions to make me think I can do that!
Reply With Quote Likes