Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Karen Foster Snap Stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/karen-foster-snap-stamps-148678/)

boobookittysgranny 05-26-2006 04:50 PM

Thanks so much!!! Off to place another order!!!

hedgiemama 05-26-2006 04:51 PM

I have ordered the formal, the casual, every size, from JoAnn's....
My husband is in Japan for 2 weeks, over Memorial Day....so this is my TREAT!!

boobookittysgranny 05-26-2006 04:56 PM

It says the coupon is not valid.

Jackie G 05-26-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinboilermaker
I recently ordered and received the 1/4" casual alpha and numbers, and am not too happy that there is only one 'z'. I know this sounds goofy, but if you want to do words like pizza, jazz, buzz, etc., ya gotta get creative! Not that these are words that are done alot, but when ya need the letters, KWIM? There is also no punctuation... turn the i over for !, but that's about as far as it goes. I also did not know that the rubber slides out to do a space, so ya learn something new everyday! Anyhoo, I think I'm gonna like these stamps!

Good point!!! I always think about the Z because my son's name is Zane but you are right about those "infrequently used" words although pizza is used in my house quite a bit!!! Those would be words that might be good for scrapping--pizza party, etc. Woe to the Z!!

Jackie G 05-26-2006 05:33 PM

OK, I just tried this---

PiZzA mixing the 1/4 and the 1/8 fonts. I just used the formal font and it looked kinda cool.

This idea was on the back of the box.

jailbirdstamper 05-26-2006 08:01 PM

my daughter just used the code and it worked fine. www.joann.com promo code goes in a box towards the bottom of the screen and it is MAYH650 when you go to their site it should pop up the info. for you about the discount code.

wagonwheelorchard 05-27-2006 08:43 PM

If you want the alphas and the numbers, KT Crafts has a 10% off coupon code "spring06" and the shipping is WAY cheaper than JoAnns! If you just want the alphas, JoAnns is WAY cheaper with the "MAYH650" coupon code!

mindeola 05-27-2006 09:57 PM

Just rec'd my set from ktcrafts this afternoon. I already made three cards. This is the best thing since sliced bread!! LOL You can say anything , anytime.

They are the pink/orange/green cards.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=54150

Mine are 1/4" casual lowercase.

Sherrie 05-28-2006 08:16 AM

Mindeola--Your cards are adorable!! Can't wait to try mine!

Stamp_rack04 06-02-2006 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture from one of the websites showing the casual alphabet.

Laura Duet 06-02-2006 05:38 PM

Is there anywhere I can go to buy these TOMORROW????????? I am in the chicago western suburbs..

Stamp_rack04 06-02-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura Duet
Is there anywhere I can go to buy these TOMORROW????????? I am in the chicago western suburbs..

I would call JoAnns and local scrapbooking/stamp stores. Some have found them at Joann's, but no luck here, so I just ordered them.

jaxma 06-02-2006 05:45 PM

Anyone have a pic of the formal set?

Anna741 06-02-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura Duet

I'm in the western suburbs too. I never looked for them in the stores, but the standard shipping from joann.com was very fast. I received them 2 days after ordering. I think they were shipped from Michigan.

Anna741 06-02-2006 05:51 PM

Here's a link to a photo of the 1/4-inch Formal:
http://www.createforless.com/product...oductID=103421

Stamp_rack04 06-10-2006 03:58 PM

I just made some tins to hold my snap stamps. I used Altoid tins for the mini sets and the Rectangle coffee tins for the small sets. Right now I only have the formal, but ordered more so, their tins are ready to go.
Here are the pictures of them.
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=297932&cat=500&ppuser=4880
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=297933&cat=500&ppuser=4880
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=297934&cat=500&ppuser=4880

Jessrose21 06-10-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp_rack04
I just made some tins to hold my snap stamps. I used Altoid tins for the mini sets and the Rectangle coffee tins for the small sets. Right now I only have the formal, but ordered more so, their tins are ready to go.

Cool! I think I'll have to beg for coffee cans from people who drink coffee! :D

stampingrose 05-17-2007 03:29 AM

I have just found out these have been discontinued and you will no longer be able to get them. So I have just put my order in for a mini casual set.
Which do most of you prefer? the formal or the casual set.
Just wondering if I should get both.

88 keys 05-17-2007 04:54 AM

someone was wondering about the different sizes. here is an example of a card made with medium casual.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=75175

i heard they were discontinuing production of the snap stamps. does anyone know why? somebody comes up with a fabulous idea, sells them in huge quantities, and then decides to stop making them? what? they don't like making money? :confused:

housefan 05-17-2007 05:19 AM

I thought the letters were too far apart with the 1/4" set so I cut the sides off all of them, slide them in close together and VOILA!! Problem solved.

Jenmouer 05-17-2007 05:19 AM

I have a mini set of Casual (1/8") and a small set of Casual (1/4")...
the medium size is 1/2 inch and large is 1"

I JUST bought another set of the Small Casual because I have been using mine up a storm in my Scrapbooks and on cards...and was finding I needed more letters...luckly when I walked into my LSS they had 2 sets left and I grabbed one...I had looked on-line but the only places I could find them I would have paid almost $7 in Shipping for a $8 stamp set...if you find them I would highly recomend the small casual if you want to use them for cardmaking - AND buy 2 sets....-JMO

I recently used the small casual on this card
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/551782?cat=500&ppuser=4417
and used both the mini and the small on the card on the right (only used the mini on the card on the left)
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/516966?cat=500&ppuser=4417

Sairabee 05-17-2007 05:22 AM

Did y'all know they have the KF number snap stamp set at Archivers for $1.99? It's the largest font size. A good deal if you have the alpha already and want to add the #'s!

Suzy_H 05-17-2007 05:36 AM

According to a blog I read today ALL of the Snap Stamps will be retired. This is just crazy. Hopefully the reason they are retiring is that a new and imporived version is coming.

pegg 05-17-2007 07:45 AM

I cannot for the life of me find that thread about snap stamps being discontinued. On that thread, someone posted an email for that company ([email protected]) -- I wrote to them asking them not to discontinue the snap stamps (so unlike me) -- I was pleading on behalf of me and SCS :)

Anyhow, someone from customer service wrote back and asked my opinion and said they were going to discuss the situation at the next company meeting! So maybe if more of us write in......

nyoprinces 05-17-2007 08:35 AM

Hooray! I just ordered my Mini Casual and Mini Formal sets - I have a feeling these are going to be my favorite stamps.

Suzy_H 05-17-2007 08:40 AM

Oh ladies I just sent an email to karen foster and they answered immediately! We may be able to persuade them to keep this wonderful product! Here is the email she sent below. I am thinking about what fonts we would most like to see. I know I would love a script and maybe a thicker bolder font - what else? Any ideas?

Hello,

What size of stamps and font would you like the most? We are going to discuss this in our next company meeting.

Thank you!

Shauna Kxoxoxo

Karen Foster Design

Customer Service

nmslmomto3 05-17-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
Oh ladies I just sent an email to karen foster and they answered immediately!

I got the same e-mail and e-mailed them back immediately. :-)

stampylisa 08-04-2007 09:14 PM

has anyone heard if they were going to produce these again. I'm looking for a set of the 1/8 casual and haven't found em anywhere online.

stampingrose 08-04-2007 10:56 PM

I emailed them through the Karen Foster site and was told they were not going to be making them anymore. I grabbed what I could from ebay before they disappeared.
It is a shame though.

mum-on-the-run 08-05-2007 03:33 AM

I love these stamps and have the casual in all sizes, I use another letter as a spacer! There's a picture using the spacing letter here and how to do it :)

stampylisa 08-06-2007 11:00 AM

grrr, i am sad now. I want to get a set in the small casual 1/8 size
I don't wanna look on ebay!

Cat 08-06-2007 03:43 PM

createforless.com has several of the sets still available: 1/4" & 1/2" formal, and 1" casual.

karenabd 08-06-2007 08:39 PM

Be careful when removing the rubber to make a space - I learned the hard way that the plastic pieces that hold the letter in place bend / break very easily. My letter 's' broke, so now I keep the rubber along with the rest, and when I need more than one 's' I just swap it out with another letter (very carefully).

aberness 08-06-2007 09:06 PM

This is sooooo bad *starts pulling out her credit card*

Kimichan1 11-30-2007 01:57 PM

Re thread #60, how do you cut it so it's closer together? Do you cut the plastic? Confused.

Sairabee 11-30-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimichan1 (Post 7867536)
Re thread #60, how do you cut it so it's closer together? Do you cut the plastic? Confused.

You can slide the rubber out of the plastic handles. I'm assuming she did that, then slid them back into the handle, snapped her word together, then pushed the letters closer.

If you do it, just be sure to trim the sides of the letters only. If you trim the top or bottom they will be too small for the holder (probably common sense, but I just thought I'd mention it).