Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Karen Foster Snap Stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/karen-foster-snap-stamps-148678/)

Cat 05-23-2006 08:33 AM

Karen Foster Snap Stamps

I read several posts about these new stamps from Karen Foster - it's an alphabet where the individual letters actually snap together so you make words and phrases with perfectly spaced letters. VERY cool! So, you know I decided I had to have them! Especially after seeing the samples in SweetMissDaisy's and laurakj's galleries!

Anywho - I was playing with my new stamps and thought the same thing another poster did, that it would be so cool if the set included a 'spacer' stamp. When I went to Karen Foster's homepage, I found this statement - which in my opinion is even better than a spacer.

I recently purchased some of the KF Snap Stamps after reading posts from you and SweetMissDaisy. I saw this post and thought you might want to know what Karen Foster says:

"Is there a reason the rubber is removable on the Snap-Stamps? Yes! For your creative convenience, the rubber part of the stamp is not glued on so you can remove the rubber for perfect spacing when spelling a phrase or sentence. Also, this makes cleaning the rubber a breeze! (NOTE: make sure you put the rubber back correctly on the snap stamp holder so you don�t mix up your alphabet!)" http://www.karenfosterdesign.com/p_faq.asp#f20

Looks like KT Crafts has the best prices in town, but beware - it looks like their item graphic isn't correct because it shows a different font. Check Karen Foster's page for exact info.

laurakj 05-23-2006 01:45 PM

This is SOOOO good to know!

I've had these stamps for over a month and never knew the rubber came out! LOL I was turning one upside down to make a spacer, but this works just as well if not better! Thanks Cat for the great info!!! Ya learn something new everyday ;)

speale 05-23-2006 01:50 PM

What an awesome tip! I plan on getting these soon and this will really be helpful!

Thanks for sharing!

SweetMissDaisy 05-23-2006 03:49 PM

Aren't they great!! I just love mine!

mamakimberly 05-23-2006 03:53 PM

stop torturing me please ;)

jdsgrl97 05-23-2006 04:03 PM

I was wondering what size you all use? There are mini-S-M-L - which do you think would be most versatile? I was thinking M - any suggestions??

SweetMissDaisy 05-23-2006 04:36 PM

I have samples in my gallery of on the mini size (which is 1/8").
LauraKJ has samples of the small size in her gallery (which is 1/4").
I haven't seen samples of the medium (1/2") or large (1") in the galleries yet.

Jackie G 05-23-2006 05:00 PM

Those of you who ordered from KT or other sites....

Were the number stamps in the sets that you received? The picture on the KT site shows #'s in the set but also shows a seperate number set farther down. I ordered the 1/8 and 1/4 inch sets from Joann's because of free shipping but am concerned that even though it says "alpha/number" the set is only going to have alphas.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

Jackie G 05-23-2006 05:02 PM

Kim, they are totally cheap!!! $6 and $9 for the 1/8 and 1/4 inch letter!

On Joann's.com they were 6.99 and 9.99 but I got free s/h! Can't wait!

Cat 05-23-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie G
Those of you who ordered from KT or other sites....

Were the number stamps in the sets that you received? The picture on the KT site shows #'s in the set but also shows a seperate number set farther down. I ordered the 1/8 and 1/4 inch sets from Joann's because of free shipping but am concerned that even though it says "alpha/number" the set is only going to have alphas.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

I actually bought a set of alphas and a set of numbers. They are separate - I don't think you'll get both unless Joann's has special packaging. But, let us know what you get!

SweetMissDaisy 05-23-2006 05:12 PM

Mine are only alpha too; numbers were a separate set.

Tracy-Stamper 05-23-2006 05:13 PM

these are too cute!! thanks for sharing ladies!

jdsgrl97 05-23-2006 05:15 PM

Thanks, Anna ~ I wouldn't have been able to "picture" the sizes without your examples! I just ordered both the mini and the small... I think they'll come in very handy!

nmslmomto3 05-23-2006 05:16 PM

Joanne's sells them seperatly or as a set.

Jackie G 05-23-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
I actually bought a set of alphas and a set of numbers. They are separate - I don't think you'll get both unless Joann's has special packaging. But, let us know what you get!

I will!

I have another question--on the KT site, I tried to order the numbers but it would only bring up the casual font not the formal.

Anyone, anyone?

Jackie G 05-23-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
Joanne's sells them seperatly or as a set.

the store or on line? I didn't see the numbers as a set on Joanns.com

Sherrie 05-24-2006 03:53 AM

Just ordered from Joann.com...the mini were $4.99 and the small $7.49 (plus delivery and tax)...can't wait to get them!! Thanks for all the info!

deshacrafts 05-24-2006 03:54 AM

Addicted to Rubber is having a Memorial Day weekend sale, and I am pretty sure I saw these on their website last night in the sale stuff. Unfortunately I already have mine on order, but maybe one of you would like to take advantage of the sale and half price on shipping this weekend!

anniesmom 05-24-2006 04:31 AM

I just saw these. Any tips on what you would do if you needed to have the same letter next to one another. Ex: DD's name is Annie. How would I stamp this?

Cat 05-24-2006 04:48 AM

Just checked a few things... ATRS does carry the Snap Stamps - but each alpha set is about $.75 more than KT Crafts with the sale price!

Joann's sale prices are better than KT Crafts-about $1.00 less for the mini set and $3.50 less for the large. While Joann's online says "alpha/numb" I'm thinking that might be a mistake since it also says "52 pc set". The alpha sets (on Karen Foster's website) note 52 pieces for just the alpha, and that what I got in the mail. There's also comments on some of the items that say buyers only recv'd the alphas.

Anna741 05-24-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmom
I just saw these. Any tips on what you would do if you needed to have the same letter next to one another. Ex: DD's name is Annie. How would I stamp this?

There are 52 stamps per alphabet set, so each set has multiples of the common letters. Somewhere I saw a photo of the actual stamps, so you could see how many of each letter. I'll see if I can find it...

Here's a link to a photo of the set. Looks like 3 of each vowel and 2 of most consonants.
http://www.createforless.com/product...CID=C10601x061

jdsgrl97 05-24-2006 05:10 PM

Uh-oh

New question for those of you who purchased online from Joann - are those letters UPPERCASE, lowercase, or BOTH? I was so click-happy I didn't even check and when I went back to the site, I still wasn't able to figure it out. I wanted the casual lowercase that laurakj and sweetmissdaisy used in their cards - did I do the right thing? :confused:

mamakimberly 05-24-2006 05:27 PM

casual is all lowercase, formal is all uppercase

mamakimberly 05-24-2006 05:28 PM

i just ordered 4 sets. i am a nerd.

I got formal and casual in both 1/4 and 1/8 sizes.

jdsgrl97 05-24-2006 05:35 PM

Nice - thank you Kimberly... I was freakin' out a little. Good for you, treatin' yourself right like that. Let me know how you like the formal set, will you? :-D

mamakimberly 05-24-2006 06:03 PM

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all need to put in "scallop punch" and see the price on joann!!!!!

jdsgrl97 05-24-2006 06:17 PM

Um, yeah - I totally just ordered the numbers, too. Thanks, KT Crafts! :)

Sherrie 05-24-2006 06:30 PM

Oooh...thanks...I 'needed' the #s, too! :)

thescpells 05-24-2006 06:32 PM

Kimberly's right! Joann.com has $5 off the mega scallop punches and $6 off the giga sizes. I had to get both the circle and the oval at that price! And free shipping until 12:00 tonight.

Julie

mycatstamps2 05-24-2006 07:17 PM

Well, I think there's a lot of us out there buying up these snap stamps. I put a set in my basket at addictedtorubberstamps this a.m., decided to purchase them this evening and they were all gone :-(. Then I came and saw this thread and got a chuckle.

Jackie G 05-25-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
i just ordered 4 sets. i am a nerd.

I got formal and casual in both 1/4 and 1/8 sizes.

DUDE!!! So did I!! I should get mine tomorrow, I mean today since it already is tomorrow!!! I want the numbers too, as I think we will not be getting them with these sets. Oh well!

Jackie G 05-26-2006 01:43 PM

These little gems are the coolest!!! Of course I just played with them, not "real" stamping yet--LAZY!!! Pefect alignment!

Does anyone have the bigger sizes? I wonder how they look-do the letters look "too" far apart. The 1/8 is perfect and the 1/4 seems a bit farther part than a word would normally look but for perfect alignment....

Edited to add: I hope they come out with Upper Case for the casual font.

stampinboilermaker 05-26-2006 01:57 PM

I recently ordered and received the 1/4" casual alpha and numbers, and am not too happy that there is only one 'z'. I know this sounds goofy, but if you want to do words like pizza, jazz, buzz, etc., ya gotta get creative! Not that these are words that are done alot, but when ya need the letters, KWIM? There is also no punctuation... turn the i over for !, but that's about as far as it goes. I also did not know that the rubber slides out to do a space, so ya learn something new everyday! Anyhoo, I think I'm gonna like these stamps!

mamakimberly 05-26-2006 02:00 PM

jackie, I wonder the same thing for the letter spacing....

jailbirdstamper 05-26-2006 02:17 PM

dumb question but these are re-useable right? the website says "This set includes mostly lower case letters, but a few upper case and there are 1 to 3 of each letter." and I can't figure out why there would be a FEW upper case and 1 to 3 of each letter.

help me!

Cat 05-26-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
dumb question but these are re-useable right? the website says "This set includes mostly lower case letters, but a few upper case and there are 1 to 3 of each letter." and I can't figure out why there would be a FEW upper case and 1 to 3 of each letter.

help me!

There are duplicates of most letters so you can spell out and stamp an entire word at one time... So, if you want to stamp "letter" there's enough t's and e's .

Make sense?

jailbirdstamper 05-26-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
There are duplicates of most letters so you can spell out and stamp an entire word at one time... So, if you want to stamp "letter" there's enough t's and e's .

Make sense?

ok (duh) but why are only a few in uppercase???????

jailbirdstamper 05-26-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
I read several posts about these new stamps from Karen Foster - it's an alphabet where the individual letters actually snap together so you make words and phrases with perfectly spaced letters. VERY cool! So, you know I decided I had to have them! Especially after seeing the samples in SweetMissDaisy's and laurakj's galleries!

Anywho - I was playing with my new stamps and thought the same thing another poster did, that it would be so cool if the set included a 'spacer' stamp. When I went to Karen Foster's homepage, I found this statement - which in my opinion is even better than a spacer.

I recently purchased some of the KF Snap Stamps after reading posts from you and SweetMissDaisy. I saw this post and thought you might want to know what Karen Foster says:

"Is there a reason the rubber is removable on the Snap-Stamps? Yes! For your creative convenience, the rubber part of the stamp is not glued on so you can remove the rubber for perfect spacing when spelling a phrase or sentence. Also, this makes cleaning the rubber a breeze! (NOTE: make sure you put the rubber back correctly on the snap stamp holder so you don’t mix up your alphabet!)" http://www.karenfosterdesign.com/p_faq.asp#f20

Looks like KT Crafts has the best prices in town, but beware - it looks like their item graphic isn't correct because it shows a different font. Check Karen Foster's page for exact info.

BAD girl ~ I went and bought the casual 1/8" and 1/4" and 1" all in casual! I did get the 1" at 50% off with a coupon code on their website.

boobookittysgranny 05-26-2006 04:45 PM

Where did you see the coupon code??

jailbirdstamper 05-26-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobookittysgranny
Where did you see the coupon code??

It's MAYH650 it just pops up when you go to their site. Good today only and it's 50% off any one item.