Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Sending A Tag Instead Of A Card
Fine To Do 29 55.77%
Strange Thing To Do 23 44.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the information, ejluyk, and for sharing your photos! Your tags are beautiful! I love that your daughter hooked you up with clothing tags from the store she worked at! SCOOOORE!!! LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

HobbySue showed off pretty tags? Where were they? Oh, I see they are by that beautiful lamp that I am coveting ! Hobby Sue your tags are so beautiful. They really are. You are a tag queen. You are a lamp queen too because Oh, that lamp!

Gregzgurl I didn't know that about ruby-hearted mom making ATC version of the technique challenges. I always thought we had to make cards so I never joined in on the challenges. I know I am idiotic. Thank you for sharing that. I love to make ATC's & Tags. Those two things are my paper crafting life right now.

I collect tags from packaging and use them as templates. I design my own tag templates too. I have been getting into buying tag dies that are unique.

Have you all seen Hobby Lobby's tag punch? Scallop Tag Punch | Hobby Lobby | 1518059 I think SU has a similar one too. I know there are other generic versions if you don't shop at the big box stores.

I also have the WRMK tag punch board. Amazon.com: We R Memory Keepers 660248 Tag Punch Board, Off Off White: Arts, Crafts & Sewing I bought this on a whim at TM because it was so cheap. I thought it would be just a fun toy. I love it so much. I am not trying to enable. A lot of you know how hard I am on tools and it has to pass my strict tests, lol. If you can find this board for under $5 it's a lot of fun.

I use the WRMK reinforcer punch to make my reinforcer's Amazon.com: American Crafts We We R Memory Keepers Hole Reinforcer Punch

I also buy the little reinforcer's from Dollar Tree and make them my own style. I print and cut reinforcers too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

My Favorite things has a two cute items for cards that work for tags too. One is a Hershey’s nugget holder and die set, and the other - which I have -is for lip balm. There’s a plastic holder, and the die cuts have a rip strip or perforated edge to access the nuggets or balm without ruining the front.

A short video showing construction is toward the bottom of each MFT page, and the YouTube video at the bottom is Amy R (Prairie Paper & Ink) making the nugget holders and wrapping the nuggets - on {drumroll} tags.

Nugget holders: https://mftstamps.com/products/nugge...c61d811a&_ss=r

Lip balm: https://mftstamps.com/products/lip-b...0706937c&_ss=r

https://m.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 05:01 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

DeeAnn thanks for the compliments on my tags and...lol.......my Lamp. I am a Milk Glass horder too and love love love my many many lamps scattered around my house. Thay do make perfect backgrounds for photoing cards and tags:lol::lol:

I "Second" the advise from DeeAnn on the Hobby Lobby Tag punch. I LOVE IT! The WRMK tag punch board is also awesome. I have that too but paid full price on HSN so yes if anyone gets the opportunity to grab one at TM...DO IT. lol

TAG ON PEEPS! heeheehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 05:02 AM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

{checking where Susan and Eloise live in hopes of convincing them to come over to help me make tags that bear some resemblance to theirs} Holy cow, beautiful.

BTW, there are also tag topper punches - and dies - so a strip of paper can have a pretty tag top. I have at least one, and will take a photo of it later.

(I don’t have many punches, and finally pulled them out of their containers to put them on a Totally Tiffany stadium arranger in order to see - and use! - them. Now they’re by my dies so it’s brain sensible.)

Last edited by bjeans; 08-22-2019 at 05:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 05:24 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

[QUOTE=lylacfey;21857603]
Gregzgurl I didn't know that about ruby-hearted mom making ATC version of the technique challenges. I always thought we had to make cards so I never joined in on the challenges. I know I am idiotic. Thank you for sharing that. I love to make ATC's & Tags. Those two things are my paper crafting life right now.
/QUOTE]

In general most challenges are quite open: the general assumption is that people make cards, but ATCs, tags, even scrapbooking layouts can all be done for most of them. I've occasionally done canvases.

It would be a dream come true for me if I ever got to see ruby-hearted mom's ATC album. Every time I see one, it enchants me to know how small they are, especially when she scales fun folds down.

That reinforcer die in the Sizzix tag set is my most used die in the set. It makes great washers too if you layer a couple up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 05:30 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

[QUOTE=Cook22;21857699][QUOTE=lylacfey;21857603]
/QUOTE]

In general most challenges are quite open: the general assumption is that people make cards, but ATCs, tags, even scrapbooking layouts can all be done for most of them. I've occasionally done canvases.

It would be a dream come true for me if I ever got to see ruby-hearted mom's ATC album. Every time I see one, it enchants me to know how small they are, especially when she scales fun folds down.

That reinforcer die in the Sizzix tag set is my most used die in the set. It makes great washers too if you layer a couple up.[/QUOTE]

Yes - those washers keep our cards moving smoothly, along with a few nuts and bolts. ;)

Any gallery photos to see? Non-gallery photos to put here? Would love to see one - or more.

(I remember being excited when reinforcements went from the type to lick to being peel-off/self-stick.)

BTW, I saw a cute card of a house someone made using a very wide tag die - in her case from MFT Blueprints #9. Right shape. Narrower ones could be cute townhouses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 05:40 AM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Just noticed that MFT has a couple add-ones for the lip balm set - tall tags and sentiments.

Balm – MFT Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 05:42 AM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I made this accordian card several years ago. It has 2 tag pockets but could easily been made to hold more.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 06:07 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

[QUOTE=stampin stacy;21857716]I made this accordian card several years ago. It has 2 tag pockets but could easily been made to hold more.

This is a great tag. Do you mind if I CASE this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #51  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny! I just watched an Olga Direshenko video and decided to make some different types of tags like she does. One has an A2 card glued to the front (left one, tag is approximately 4.5 x 5.75), the other is scored so that it opens. I love making these when I get tired of typical cards!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2019, 04:27 AM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Thank you and I don't mind at all, go for it!! There is another pic in my gallery with close ups of some of the elements that may help. The family member I gave the card to still has it on a shelf so they can see it as they walk past.

Fyi, I used angle cut offs to make the pockets. The small one for the bottom and the taller cut off from the bottom the gets move up for use higher up. Easy peasy as they are already the correct width, just need adhering to the card.

Last edited by stampin stacy; 08-23-2019 at 04:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2019, 02:12 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Stacy- Your tag is beautiful. I always think you are the queen of creating your own pattern paper.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

I love using tags on everything, but have never thought of using a tag instead of a card. Most of the people I send cards to are family members who wouldn't know what to do with a tag, so I'll continue to send regular cards to them, but I can see sending a tag to another paper crafter. I used to make tag blanks by the dozen but just cutting a long rectangle and then snipping the top corners to make the standard manila-tag shape. I had a stack of old manila folders that my husband was going to toss, but...being a big-time recycler and upcycler, I grabbed them for my craft stash. I never even had a tag die until a friend gave me her old one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #55  
Mad Swapper

:oops: Awww thanks. The pink side is just mulberry paper glued to the plain back side of designer paper and then stamped with a theme appropriate lemon stamp.

...lylacfey, less than a week away from you being able to hear me hollar hey out the car window...;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2019, 10:36 PM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

stacy- I was thinking you are going to be down here really soon. I bet you are looking forward to it. Bring your allergy meds. Seriously not joking. We had a mold count of 106,000 today. Still dealing with a lot of the flood damage. The weather is going to be gorgeous next week with highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's. I don't think the trees will be pretty this Autumn season with all the flooding. You better hollar.

Reply With Quote Likes