Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2003, 10:35 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inking large stamps

I did not have a sucessful stamping night tonight. One of my problems was trying to ink one of my large card sized stamps evenly. What is the best technique?
Also, I had a problem embossing the new Birthday Greetings stamp, I didn't get the embossing powder on evenly, then I had some "dust" get embossed where it shouldnt have been..... needless to say I finally stopped wasting paper and am going to bed after this post. Any suggestions?
Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I find with inking the large background stamps it works best to use just the corner of the ink pad. The SU pads that I have all seem "slope." THey are not completely flat. I used to end up with light or uninked spots in the middle of the stamp, but using the corner seems to work pretty well.

tara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2003, 05:20 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

The first trick is to make sure that your stamp pad is nice and juicy! Try rocking the stamp pad across the surface of the larger stamps and place an old computer mouse pad underneath your paper or cardstock when you stamp. This usually yields a better impression.

When using embossing powder you should use one of the little pads that removes static cling from the surface of your cardstock before you stamp your image. Then, when you apply the embossing powder, the powder won't stick anywhere except the area you've inked with your image.

Hope this helps anyone new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2003, 09:22 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I usally check my large stamp after inking to be sure it is covered. Move it back and forth in the light and you should be able to see which spots need more ink. Another way to ink up a large stamp is to pick up ink on your brayer, and brayer the stamp.

Besides using the embossing buddy, you can also use a small paintbrush to dust off excess powder. I always give the paper a good solid "flick" that also helps.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I ink a large stamp I place it rubber side up on a firm surface and apply the pad to the stamp. That way it's easy to see if you've got good coverage. When stamping with it, I leave it rubber side up and place my paper face down on it, apply even pressure with the back side of another large stamp, or go over it carefully with my fingers, being careful not to move the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2004, 08:10 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Default Inking a Large Stamp Design

I just recently discovered that if you use a brayer to ink your large stamp designs you will usually get very even coverage.

It also works best to put your stamp image side up, brayer it and then place your cardstock on the inked surface and gently rub with your flattened fingers.

This has worked well for me - hope it helps you as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2004, 06:33 AM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

I do it a similar way: Place stamp rubber side up, ink LIBERALLY with juicy stamp pad, put Cardstock on top of rubber and use the Rubber Brayer insert over the top of Cardstock. That give the ink great coverage with the cardstock. When I press with my fingers I tend to "miss" a spot. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes