Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2018, 12:28 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you're advertising a product for sale, please have it in stock AARRGGHH!!!

So I've been eyeing these watercolor prints on SimonSaysStamp for a couple weeks now. Plus some masking paper but they're all out of stock. They are all SSS brand. So this morning I get an email that all Simon brand products will be 30% off for today (Thanksgiving). But of course out of the (7) SSS brand things that I want, only one is available. Why do stores do this? Just aggravates me :mad:

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2018, 03:47 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 983 Likes on 478 Posts

That stinks. I do enjoy shopping through them but am disappointed that the sale is their products only. And given what you shared, a depleted inventory sale at that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I think people jump quickly, and SSS doesn’t know what will go and what won’t. A lot of people have them in their cart ahead of time, apparently, as suggested by some bloggers, so when the sale hits they can immediately check out.

It’s happened to me on other sites, from Ellen Hutson to Studio Calico to Elizabeth Crafts, and not just paper crafting sites. And in brick and mortar stores, it’s why some line up ahead of opening. I can’t imagine doing that in 100 years (and wouldn’t even go shopping on Black Friday) but it’s a thing! Just my take.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

SSS runs out of things SO quickly, even when there isn't a sale! It's hard to buy from them and get everything you want (or even most things you want). If you wait for your item to come into stock, something else will be out of stock. I don't know if they don't have much inventory, or what? I know that if Jennifer McGuire mentions something in a video, it's GONE from SSS within hours!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2018, 03:49 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

You think? I haven’t found that to be the case more than other stores when Jennifer promotes them. Ellen Hutson, Hero Arts, others have often been out of stock with what’s promoted that I want. So I either have to jump fast - sometimes before the end of the video if I think it will go like hot cakes - or wait or do without. And that’s fine, usually. It’s not like it’s medicine or chocolate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 299 Likes on 116 Posts

It's not just SSS - every single thing that I was even remotely interested in over at Stampingbella's Black Friday sale is out of stock. Good thing it was more of a curiosity than an actual want that made me check it out, eh? On the other hand, it was NEED that drove me to Purple Onion Designs this morning, and I already have a notice that my order is SHIPPED! I'm sure that just means that they've printed the label, but still...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2018, 04:36 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
It's not just SSS - every single thing that I was even remotely interested in over at Stampingbella's Black Friday sale is out of stock. Good thing it was more of a curiosity than an actual want that made me check it out, eh? On the other hand, it was NEED that drove me to Purple Onion Designs this morning, and I already have a notice that my order is SHIPPED! I'm sure that just means that they've printed the label, but still...

Now there’s the one trend I could do without: getting a “shipped” email before shipping. The update *is* appreciated but why not “preparing to ship,” or “label created,” or wherever it actually is in the process.
Reply With Quote Likes