Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2016, 04:41 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

Fun question and replies...I have a ton of stuff, some even unused, so I wish for more time to get in my room and work on stuff. Working full time and having to make dinner, do laundry, gardening, etc. really cuts into my stamping time. Every once in a while, I take a "mental health" day from work just so I can stamp and be crafty.

On a side note...same here on the eye thing...I have to take my glasses off to color, cut and see close up and put them on to pick out marker colors and see everything else. When I wear my contacts, I need reading glasses. So, either way I need glasses. I'm lucky to have good insurance so I get free eye exams and usually get my glasses at Costco. Recently got progressive trifocals complete for under $200.

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 06:35 AM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone to stamp with. I miss stamping with friends. I haven't found anyone since the move, YET!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketweberView Post
My wish comes down to one word: SPACE! My craft room/SU! Demonstrator needs (ie computer, printer, files) all have to fit into a 10'X10' room and if I want to work with one of my big tools like Sizixx I have to carry everything I need downstairs to the kitchen table. Now that our daughter graduated from college and found her dream job 7 hours away, I am eyeing her room as a place to expand, but DH also wants the room for his acrylic painting hobby. I just have to keep organizing everything to know where it all is and not to trip all over it when I am in "my" room!
Explain to hubby that you need it for business...,......
That might give you an advantage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

It's actually the lenses that cost so much. Our insurance will cover the frames up to a certain amount, but the lenses aren't covered as much. So, they get you in the end! And don't forget if you get anti-scratch on them, that will cost you even more! Insurance will soon be a thing of the past, except for the elite!

My wish is that I wouldn't have back problems/pain, so I can sit & do my crafting without pain for as long as I like. I recently discovered what the problem was, Scoliosis! I have had back issues since I was young & never realized what it was. As you get older things just seem to appear, when they've actually been there all along. A fall had me look into what the problem was as the pain wasn't going away. After that wish, it would be to have SPACE!!! LOL My very own Craft Room. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

I share lots of my wishes with the rest of you - I too take my glasses off for close up work; like Karen, I wish the Canadian dollar would improve; but my biggest wish would be for an organization fairy to come and stay with me forever!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
If you could have one wish for something to help you with your crafting, what would it be? I would wish my eyes were better! Its so hard trying to create when I'm constantly taking my glasses off to see close-up details and then putting them back on to see the overall picture.
I don't want to sound greedy or ungrateful, but I would love a craft room. I use a former dining area in our great room. I don't have much space to work in so I have avoided larger projects lately. I am close to the front door and let's just say I'm not the neatest crafter. :mrgreen:
Old 05-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by WELUVSTANGSView Post
I don't want to sound greedy or ungrateful, but I would love a craft room. I use a former dining area in our great room. I don't have much space to work in so I have avoided larger projects lately. I am close to the front door and let's just say I'm not the neatest crafter. :mrgreen:
I figure if things get put away, that is neatness. Before it is just organized chaos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally got rid of the drugstore readers and got progressives two years ago. After all of the problems listed by others, I got a new pair is called Silhouettes. They are used by athletes and frameless. They do not slip down. They work great for crafting. They were crazy expensive. Even with insurance they were almost $300. So far they are worth it.

I wish I had more crafty friends to craft with. I finally organized my space. Now I need to get aground going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookedoncraftsView Post
I figure if things get put away, that is neatness. Before it is just organized chaos!
I have had a project out for two weeks, and it's been totally disorganized chaos. My know where things are, but I get some cross looks from my husband when I'm in the throes of it all and have a mini mountain of things piled up. :mrgreen:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Today it's the knowledge to turn a pdf into a cut file for the Silhouette.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 12:54 PM   #51  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketweberView Post
My wish comes down to one word: SPACE! My craft room/SU! Demonstrator needs (ie computer, printer, files) all have to fit into a 10'X10' room and if I want to work with one of my big tools like Sizixx I have to carry everything I need downstairs to the kitchen table. Now that our daughter graduated from college and found her dream job 7 hours away, I am eyeing her room as a place to expand, but DH also wants the room for his acrylic painting hobby. I just have to keep organizing everything to know where it all is and not to trip all over it when I am in "my" room!
I am in the same boat, thanks for posting. At least I know I am not alone in my frustration. And for the life of me cannot seem to get things organized as I guess I have too much stuff (I hate to admit that) and not enough room.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hear you and that's why even though I'm in an unfinished basement, I am truly grateful for the space. (Doesn't keep me from wanting an eventual upgrade when the kids move out though. ;)) I spent years with my stuff in a hall closet and had to pull multiple things out just to find anything and with then small kids in the house, everything had to be put away again immediately or I'd have inky mess all over the house! Next phase was in our previous unfinished basement, but in the middle of a bunch of boxes and other stored stuff....not very pleasant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well it would be nice if my depression didnt get in the way. But I really want a glowforge! I keep seeing adds for it and I would love to cut wood. Right now I use my cameo and cut several of the same image and stack them. People cant tell what Ive used on my mixed media canvases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Watching HSN (yes, I know better ) and wish that all of the products from the UK were more available here, especially their terrific magazines! I know there are a lot of things that are available, but there are a lot that aren't OR you have to refinance the home for postage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #55  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

I agree Ketweber. Business always trumps hobby for space.

I'd say he should take the little room but what about when DD comes home for a visit? Would there be somewhere to sleep?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #56  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

SPACE! It is, after all, the final frontier, lol. xoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 05:06 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I hear you and that's why even though I'm in an unfinished basement, I am truly grateful for the space. (Doesn't keep me from wanting an eventual upgrade when the kids move out though. ;)) I spent years with my stuff in a hall closet and had to pull multiple things out just to find anything and with then small kids in the house, everything had to be put away again immediately or I'd have inky mess all over the house! Next phase was in our previous unfinished basement, but in the middle of a bunch of boxes and other stored stuff....not very pleasant.
Lucky you! It is so nice to have room to spread out. :p

I started out in our unfinished basement when we moved in our home, but it only took me one winter of being cold (and the thought that a broken water pipe could ruin my pretties) before I moved upstairs. Sadly there isn't one area in this basement/garage that doesn't have pesky pipes overhead, and it will never be warm with garage doors down there. I hope to move upstairs someday, but that is boy territory for now.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Lucky you! It is so nice to have room to spread out. :p

I started out in our unfinished basement when we moved in our home, but it only took me one winter of being cold (and the thought that a broken water pipe could ruin my pretties) before I moved upstairs. Sadly there isn't one area in this basement/garage that doesn't have pesky pipes overhead, and it will never be warm with garage doors down there. I hope to move upstairs someday, but that is boy territory for now.
My floor is super cold in the winter. I have used a space heater to help but wore the last one out! I've also worn out a dehumidifier but it's a necessity so I will have to replace that one!
I really do appreciate the space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #59  
Glitter Queen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to get myself upset since I didn't have the gift of creativity but made peace with it since I felt a sense of pride after I finished a card that I had CASED. The recipients of my cards were so complimentary and have said they save them. The purpose of making a card is to bring joy to someone so that is where I found my acceptance and peace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 456 Likes on 307 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
Why are glasses so expensive? You are using the same frames, so it's just the checkup and lenses that cost $600-800 dollars? Wow.

I met a young lady a couple of years ago and she had eye glasses from an antique store. They were those cat eye glasses that slanted up at the corners, maybe from the 50's? Very retro looking. I told her I loved those, and she said she did it because it was so much cheaper than buying frames. She paid $12 for those frames and had her lenses put into them.

Costco does glasses, right?
I didn't use the same frames, cause I'd had those last ones for several years. I don't want to spend to much on the lenses and then have the frame break, and have to buy a whole new everything cause I couldn't get another frame that would fit the lenses. I usually wait till I just can' wait any longer to get new glasses and that means it's a few years since I got my last set, so I get new frames and everything.

Bad part about it, since we moved here to north Missouri, we are an hour and a half to two hours away from the city that may have a little cheaper place to buy them at, which would mean two trips...which just isn't going to happen, so I go here to a local doctor and get them.

Last time I went and got glasses at wal-mart, they couldn't get them right, so I stopped going. Not to mention one of the eye drops they used for one of the tests (think it was to dilate them) made me sick and no way would I want to feel like I did that night again. I'm sensitive to chemicals so have to be careful...and I asked another doctor about it and he said there are two kinds, one can do that the other doesn't. Now I just plain tell them I don't need drops in my eyes...just in case.

Sadly I guess my eyes are changing faster at this time in my life, cause I didn't even get a year away from new glasses before they changed enough I needed new ones. Before I got bifocals I could keep the same pair for 5 or 6 years, and not notice it so much...but not now! :( However...I'll be keeping these a while longer, cause I haven't managed to come up with money for new ones yet...to many other things we've had to do lately. Thankfully it's only the close work I have issues with, and that I can do with them off...so I'll live. ;-))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default where do you live?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookedoncraftsView Post
Someone to stamp with. I miss stamping with friends. I haven't found anyone since the move, YET!
You are welcome to come stamp here! I had friends over to stamp today and as usual it was a rit..in a great way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2016, 05:47 AM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

I have the same wishes that many of you have; better vision, less arthritis pain in fingers, wrists and knees (I stamp in our finished basement, so up and down the stairs), less back pain which keeps me from sitting for extended periods.
But I do feel very blessed to have lots of space that is all my own. It's not particularly pretty to look at, not all matchy-matchy, but it's functional. And I'm also blessed to have a good sized group of friends to stamp with, both here and with a church card ministry group. So I'm not complaining - just wishing that my body would cooperate with what my brain wants to do. Like Bette Midler said, "getting old ain't for sissies"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123scrapView Post
SPACE! It is, after all, the final frontier, lol. xoxo
No this just made me laugh out loud!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #64  
Kookie Creator

WALLS! My crafting area has 1 door, 2 windows, a double door size opening into the hall, and no end wall (that end is open to the dining area.) And there's a major traffic pattern length ways through it from the carport door/laundry room to the dining/kitchen/living room. The area is plenty large, but with so little usable wall space arranging storage/furniture is a challenge.
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 AM   #65  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default One wish

Just had to post this. I know it is not quite one wish, but...
Attached Thumbnails
if you could have one wish-image.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #66  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 2,186 Posts

Here's a good wish. Supplies and tools that appear when you need them and then disappear when you don't! Imagine a clean craft room with lots of space to create because the only things in there would be what you need at the moment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 AM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post

My wish is that I wouldn't have back problems/pain, so I can sit & do my crafting without pain for as long as I like. I recently discovered what the problem was, Scoliosis! I have had back issues since I was young & never realized what it was. As you get older things just seem to appear, when they've actually been there all along. A fall had me look into what the problem was as the pain wasn't going away. After that wish, it would be to have SPACE!!! LOL My very own Craft Room. ;)
I stamp standing at a raised desk, on a cushioned pad. I bought a high stool but use it as a working space with cuttlebug or big shot. Almost all my supplies are arranged so I don't have to bend over much. This is how I've adapted to living with a bad knee and bad back.

I too had scoliosis. I went to a chiropractor 30 years ago for a minor back injury. He treated me for $9 a visit b/c I didn't have insurance and was in school full time. I gained an inch in 3 months and stayed that tall for 25 years. Hope you find some relief and a pain free way to stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 AM   #68  
Compulsive Stamper

Default One wish...

This is KETWEBER here, responding to the replies I got on my post, where I wished for SPACE.

Using it as a business deduction won't work. My DH is scared to death of the IRS and thinks having a home office is a red flag for an audit. When I was a lawyer, I specialized in tax information and know that the audit won't happen unless you go crazy with deductions--like reams of paper, an expensively decorated space, etc.

When DH comes home, there is yet another bedroom she can stay in; we are empty nesters and really only need one bedroom, but we have 4 plus an office downstairs (guess who gets that nice space?).

I took a big step the other day and lugged my Sizixx bag and all my dies into my husband's future art space and put them on a shelf. He hasn't noticed yet...Next to go is my big paper cutter and zillions of sheets of cardstock and DSP.

Ironically, I am waiting for my nasty UPS man (I have a broken knee in a brace and he thinks it is a big deal to put my stuff close to the door) to deliver yet another batch of stuff I will have to find good homes for...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #69  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Here's a good wish. Supplies and tools that appear when you need them and then disappear when you don't! Imagine a clean craft room with lots of space to create because the only things in there would be what you need at the moment!
I'm voting for this kind of reality!!!! Genius wishing!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 367 Likes on 269 Posts

I want an organizer to come and organize all my stuff (and have it fit in my craft room instead of the spill over to the guest bedroom) and then....and this could be the same person..I need a cleaner-upper to put away all my supplies after I'm done stamping. :p
The other thing I would like is (and I'm borrowing this from my pal Carla-Covington Crafter) to have a transporter like they have in Star Trek so I could go back and forth to my SCS friends house so we could stamp together. I don't really have anyone to stamp with either (for the most part...every once in a while I have one friend who I can stamp with). But the transporter thing would make it possible to go to Canada, Australia, or wherever my pals live.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #71  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by peeps321View Post
I want an organizer to come and organize all my stuff (and have it fit in my craft room instead of the spill over to the guest bedroom) and then....and this could be the same person..I need a cleaner-upper to put away all my supplies after I'm done stamping. :p
The other thing I would like is (and I'm borrowing this from my pal Carla-Covington Crafter) to have a transporter like they have in Star Trek so I could go back and forth to my SCS friends house so we could stamp together. I don't really have anyone to stamp with either (for the most part...every once in a while I have one friend who I can stamp with). But the transporter thing would make it possible to go to Canada, Australia, or wherever my pals live.;)
YES! YES! YES! Me too!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2016, 06:22 AM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

These are all great wishes. I agree with most. However, if I could have anything I wanted it would be to be AN ARTIST. With the ability to paint/draw/design. <sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2016, 06:35 AM   #73  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
Oh, the cleaning fairy sounds wonderful and hopefully she would bring her sister, the organizing fairy, too!
Please send them both to my house when you are finished with them!

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2016, 07:11 AM   #74  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by skm330mksView Post
These are all great wishes. I agree with most. However, if I could have anything I wanted it would be to be AN ARTIST. With the ability to paint/draw/design. <sigh>

Try the book, Drawing On The Right Side of the Brain- It will help you with creativity & show you what you can ACTUALLY DO with being an artist! You will surprise yourself!
</sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #75  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I'd love more space too . . . I'm thankful for the space I do have but my stamping space is about 6 feet X 8 feet. It forces me to be well organized but I'd love to be able to spread out more with space to leave my tools out on a surface where I could just go to them to use, instead of having to pull them out.

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2016, 04:37 AM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks! I have no line bifocals and still have to take them off for close up work! I just said to DS that I may invest in one of those long arm lighted magnifiers.
No pain in my fingers and hands and back would be wish number two!
I understand!! My no line bifocals are great at a distance but terrible for close-up. I had my husband measure the distance from my eyes to the music on the piano and my book when I'm reading in bed. Then I had my eye doctor use those distances to make prescriptions for reading glasses for up-close work. They were inexpensive. No blurry edges and I can see great. I keep one pair on the piano and one pair beside the bed. Sounds like you need a pair for your craft table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2016, 05:52 AM   #77  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 2,186 Posts

I never thought of that! I will ask my eye Dr. About that at next visit!
Reply With Quote Likes