Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Moving home to Kiwiland sometime soon, I hope! Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada until then.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas For Teacher Gifts

Does anyone have any good ideas for teacher gifts? I've done tiles, nugget boxes, and other things that escape me right now, but was wondering if anyone has any new and exciting ideas?
I prefer to stay away from the apple motif!

Thanks for your help!
Karen (at a loss, and running out of time)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I decorated a lunch tin and made 25 mini cards with coordinating envelopes to put inside. The teacher can use these cards for her student's birthdays next year. You can see it on my blog if you're interested: http://imagine-dream-create.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

If you make anything with candles, may I suggest more of a "home" motif than "school". Most schools do not allow any candles at all in the classroom, even if they are there for decorative purposes, due to fire codes. The teacher will have to remove the candles, and frankly, I LOVE being a teacher, but I don not wnat my home decorated like a classroom!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I usually package the cards I have made in packs of 5 or 10 with an assortment of bday, ty, & thinking of you. Teachers love the cards and they can use them. This year, I did those and also made some matching jumbo paperclips and put them in a coordinating altered CD metal tin. You can visit my blog as the last entry was about the teacher gifts that I gave to our teachers this year.
Ranger Certified Educator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I have to say packs of cards are a great idea. In our school district our school are the Shamrocks. (Don't ask, I don't know, some schools are Panthers are Cougars or something and we are the 'Rocks!)

Nearly everyone has enjoyed the cards I have made with shamrocks on them. We are just Shamrock proud. I don't know what your schools mascot would be, but you could incorporate it into a card if it is possible. It is easy to decorate with shamrocks, but not everyone has a mascot whose image is readily available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

The name frames I have made for teacher's have been a BIG hit. Also clipboards and I ditto the packs of cards. My dd's teacher especially appreciates thank you cards I have made her so she can write her thanks yous to parents for all their help or gifts that have given her. I also made my dd's teacher this year a treasure box that I painted in the school colors and stamped the school mascot and Eagle on them and the letters HOPE on them. The school motto is HOPE (have only positive expectations) She really loved it. She used the treasure box as incentive program for the kids. The kids each had a tiny calendar on their desk. For every 5 days they stayed on green all day they could get a treasure out of the box. The kids really took to this program!
Reply With Quote Likes