Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2004, 12:03 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Idea for copy rights

For those that don't want their cards used on others website. I would put the acual copy right in the middle of the card. Not big and bold but in the middle. When they are on the bottom you can crop it off..

Also a story for all. I was making address labels and selling them on ebay years ago. I was making great money, but I learned fast about copy rights. I copied most of my artwork from clip art sights on the web. But the imagine that got me in trouble was using Mickey mouse. I acually got a email saying they took them off ebay and I was not to use any disney clip art to make any profit from. (email from disney themselves) I was lucky to have had the warning only and not get punished for this. I had no idea, I had the idea that the clip art was free so I could use it. Yes I can use it for my own personal address labels but not for profit. I was also selling NFL logo address labels at the same time. I took those off ebay myself as I learned a huge lesson. So yes once its on the web its free game, what you do with it is when it becomes illegal. Personal use is one thing, profit is a whole other story!

Same kinda goes for handstamped items I think. What if I made a card and it got published or something and the person I cased the card from didn't get any of that credit. I think its ok to use cased items as long as you are not using them for your own personal profit. Its really the principle of the whole situation. I mean I have a conscience and if I got credit for something I didn't create I would feel just awful for not being truthful in the first place.

Just a thought on the copy right deal. I see lots of items on the web that you can order but not steal because they have the copy right logo right in the center of the picture. Sad it has to come to this...

I am not a demo or anything just a stampin up addict.

[email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes