Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Gift

My sister wants me to make some stamped items for her three friends that are all due in September. I guess I need to go drink their water! =)

Anyway, she's thinking of a stamped set of cloth diapers and a bib. I'm trying to think of images to stamp on them. I've got the little giraffe from Tag Time (a hostess set) and the diaper pin from the "bold" hostess set. Then I have have the rattle from Just My Type (with the round part being the circle from the Convention set). My demo lives next door and I can borrow any of her sets. Any other ideas on sets to use? Or, better yet, any ideas on some sites with samples of these non-card type items?

You are all so creative and I can't wait to see your ideas!

Martha
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2004, 08:31 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

For baby gifts you can stamp:
cloth diapers
bibs
bottles
onsies
personalized matboard journal to use as a brag book
brag book pages ready for her pictures
baby announcements for the parents to send out
thank you cards for her to use from her shower
um I will let you know if I think of anything else.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinwithjoleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Why don't you make those neat Memory cans that are made using paint cans? I know someone on the site has posted fantastic pics of ones done for weddings, and I think I also remember seeing one for new babies. (In case you haven't seen these, picture a gallon paint can with a cardstock label that has been stamped and has an appropriate poem/saying done on a computer....the poem says something to the effect, the first year will be hectic, but fun; time being tight, write a quick note about baby's first step, cute face, etc. and stick it in the can for later enjoyment. As a "go with", make a pen with stamped liner and a notepad for jotting notes.) Hope you find the perfect project!
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2004, 11:41 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Default Baby gift ideas

Aloha Martha,

Here's the link for the paint can idea...I just bought some paint cans to make these for some expectant friends too!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Two of my "stamping" girlfriends and I got together while I was pregnant and stamped a BUNCH of thank you notes for me to use...that was SOOO helpful for me to have.

Also, a friend of mine stamped some onesies and a picture frame for my daughter when she was born. They are such special gifts. I just pulled the onesies out to show at my first workshop and got a tear in my eye thinking of how little my daughter was when she was born...she's almost a year old now!

Hope this helps! Amy
Reply With Quote Likes