Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I don't get these Bella stamps!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-dont-get-these-bella-stamps-238935/)

CMCAnne 04-09-2007 01:43 PM

When I first read talk of the bellas a few months ago, I went to the website and of all the bellas, only 2 really caught my eye because I had something specific in mind for them. I bought a 3rd one that I knew my daughter would like. The rest of them? Just not for me. I couldn't relate.

But then a funny thing happened. I received a stamped bella image as part of a blog candy prize (thanks SweetHeidiJo!), and I thought "Hmmm, I kinda like this one. I just might have to buy her."

Then today I received 14 of the cutest cards I've seen using 14 bellas that I don't have ... and I'm thinking, "Hmmmm, I kinda like a LOT of these. I just might have to buy this one ... and this one ... and maybe this one too!"

My point is that through SCS, starting to participate in swaps, and checking out a handful of blogs on a regular basis, my tastes in cards are evolving, and I think my creativity is maturing a bit. I'm learning all sorts of new things and I'm looking at things that didn't appeal to me before in new ways.

It's not just getting caught up in the bella fever, it's seeing the different treatments of those plain, black & white images that makes them come to life for me. So while I can relate to OPs post, I'm excited to see that my eye is becoming less critical and more open to new possibilities ... now if my bank account could grow at the same rate, I'd have nothing to worry about, LOL!

Joan B 04-09-2007 01:51 PM

Remember: all publicity is good publicity!! or so someone once said!

Topaz_n29 04-09-2007 02:35 PM

Hmmm i'd like to see a country/western bella..and a Bababella.
would love the cowbot hat..n boots on those little legs..lol..how can u tell i from the country?/..lol
loves ya

Stamps'nCoffee 04-09-2007 03:00 PM

I just spent a significant amount of time reading this entire thread...I am now going back to the stampingbella website (this will be order #3) as I am pretty sure that I will NEED pmsabella (even though I have not yet seen her). I'll betabella I'm not the only one that's been enabledabella by this thread started by a nolikeabella:)
In reference to JulieHRR's hen smiley...no harm no fowl:D

jailbirdstamper 04-09-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Fluffy Bellas......... I could relate to those! :D

I need a curvesworkoutbella so I can *NOT* be a fluffybella anymore!

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-09-2007 03:15 PM

Wow, I'm glad this has turned into a fun thread for so many!!! LOL!!!

stargirl 04-09-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamps'nCoffee
I just spent a significant amount of time reading this entire thread...I am now going back to the stampingbella website (this will be order #3) as I am pretty sure that I will NEED pmsabella (even though I have not yet seen her). I'll betabella I'm not the only one that's been enabledabella by this thread started by a nolikeabella:)

Clever girl!

Mahloumel 04-09-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
The nature of a forum is to express your opinion. Honestly, if you said, I just don't care for the Gina K. Designs animal stamps, for example, that would be okay with me. I understand that not everyone wants to stamps pigs and cows. Many would prefer stamping with Bella's, Amuse and SU. It's really okay with me.

And that's why you *rock* the rock rock! :) So professional, and an excellent representative of your enterprise! Walking on eggshells is no fun!

Stampin Wrose 04-09-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamps'nCoffee

Oh this was beautiful to read!!! :)

mollymoo951 04-10-2007 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I need a Bowlingbella. Em, are you still out there?

Maybe a Cowgirlabella too........lol

YES YES YES YES

Cowgirlabella! Yes. pulleeeeaaaaassssseee

Moo! :)

mollymoo951 04-10-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
I love the bellas! I ordered three my first order, and a few weeks later I ordered four more. There are about a dozen more I want! That being said, it's fine for everyone not to like them-don't worry about it!

The bellas were my first unmounted stamps, and I'm seriously considering going unmounted now because of how nicely they stamp. I'm just a little daunted by the idea of unmounting seven years of SU! demo's stamps! I'll bet I have more than a thousand stamps, easily! YIKES!

Same here - Bellas were my very first unmounted stamps. I resisted purchasing them because they WERE unmounted. I like that they are not clear.

Suzy_H 04-10-2007 06:08 AM

I love them they are PERFECT for girlfriend cards. Stampin up doesn't really have any gf cards that aren't too teenager-ish, or folksy. It fills a void.

momis mama 04-10-2007 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
I love them they are PERFECT for girlfriend cards. Stampin up doesn't really have any gf cards that aren't too teenager-ish, or folksy. It fills a void.

i totaly agree with what she ^ said! i have 'girfriends' from SU! but i bought it with my daughter in mind.
i love the bellas!

willosmama 04-10-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H

Oh!! Ditto to this~ huge gap!!!

Also- as for the cowgirlabella, how 'bout a cowboyafella???? (and he doesn't have to be "flufffy" ;))

jazzytobi 04-10-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prbloom
I have to say I think it's really rude for someone to say they don't like something, maybe they don't get the idea behind something or even that it's not your style, but if you say rude things, it can be a hurtful thing to somebody out there!

I don't know how many times i've seen threads about not liking SU! stamps. for example, "what set do you wish you'd never purchased," or "what set do you want to see retired," and the list goes on and on. My wish is that one day someone could express their opinion on an SCS forum and not get their head bitten off.. it's almost like we're all scared to go against the common thread, and that's just not real life.. we're artists, we have likes and dislikes, we have mood swings, and as juliehrr put it, we're WOMEN.. and women bicker... i don't like stuff all the time, lol, but i certainly don't post my opinion here for fear that people will black list me for saying so..

me personally? i dig the bellas. i'm a plus-size lady and i don't think i would buy a "fluffy" bella.. i would buy it, make a card from it, and give it to whom? me? nah.. i like them as is.. skinny and fictional as can be.

queenoe 04-10-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Personally, I wanna look like a bella :)

Trust me Jeanne you wouldn't, people are thoughtlessly cruel to skinny people! I use to be a Bella (minus the curves) and now I am fluffy (but with the same skinny arms and legs) I think I like fluffy better.

I have been TRYING to resist the bellas. Been saving for my upcoming trip and am so paranoid about ordering online! My phobia saves me a lot of money, yes? But the mention of the PMSBella and the saying is just about gonna drive me over the edge! Off to check the site. Thanks alot you enablers! LOL!

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-10-2007 12:30 PM

Wow, 96 posts later and this has turned into ANOTHER "I Love Bella's" thread!! I guess this confirms I am REALLY in the minority on the Bella stamps. LOL!!

Jazzytobi, you would not believe how many PM's I received from SCS'ers who encourage me to continue expressing my opinion on my likes and dislikes!! Join us, won't you??

It used to be this website dealed so much with Stampin' Up and now is really starting to branch out somewhat!! I am a hobby demo and I even like that fact!

Mynee 04-23-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellrick
Wow, 96 posts later and this has turned into ANOTHER "I Love Bella's" thread!! I guess this confirms I am REALLY in the minority on the Bella stamps. LOL!!

Jazzytobi, you would not believe how many PM's I received from SCS'ers who encourage me to continue expressing my opinion on my likes and dislikes!! Join us, won't you??

It used to be this website dealed so much with Stampin' Up and now is really starting to branch out somewhat!! I am a hobby demo and I even like that fact!

Hi Kelley. I just PM'd you. ;)

housefan 04-23-2007 06:33 PM

For those not fond of them and want more real looking women with attitude, check out the Rubber Romance Divas!! I just got my order today. High quality deeply etched rubber and they get them to you so fast. Adorable.

Stamping Bella 04-23-2007 06:52 PM

Housefan, I love the Rubber Romance Divas as well! I think that they have great attitude and spunk yet are elegant.. I personally own almost the whole collection :)

Thanks for sharing!
Em

llevans 04-23-2007 07:01 PM

you can buy them at:

http://www.eclecticpaperie.com/index.html

along with all their wonderful Crate, Cosme Cricket, Daisy D's......etc. paper! Can you tell what I have been shopping for?? LOL!

Topaz_n29 04-23-2007 07:37 PM

how can u tell the sizes in RubberRomance??
loves ya

ddgr2331 04-23-2007 07:40 PM

Oh Kelley, you silly girl, there is nothing wrong with you. You aren't suppose to like everything because then nothing would be special, especially about you! Just be true to yourself and you'll be happier playing with the things that have meaning to you, now this is money well spent!

laciann 04-23-2007 08:31 PM

SPeaking the truth and your true feelings is fine.....as long as it doesn't hurt some one. Not always true but something I try to remember.

Skittl1321 04-24-2007 04:04 AM

You know anytime anything I don't have/want takes over the site (cricut, cuttlebug, scallop punches, bellas) I find myself visiting SCS less. I can't take part in the fun conversation.

At first I LOVE LOVE LOVED the bellas- but didn't buy any. There are still quite a few that I really like, and I love the idea of them, but I wish their necks were a little shorter. Seems silly huh? Other than that, I think these girls are beautiful.

I've requested a few images on WRAK- and they are cute, and might order 1 (the birthday one- whose neck is covered!!!) if a friend group orders, but mostly I try to get sets because I'm so bad at coordinating things.

The gal who dreamed these up sure pleased a lot of people though.

StampinHay79 04-24-2007 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
For those not fond of them and want more real looking women with attitude, check out the Rubber Romance Divas!! I just got my order today. High quality deeply etched rubber and they get them to you so fast. Adorable.

Oh I like those!

Topaz_n29 04-24-2007 04:50 AM

bump..size on rubberromance??
loves ya

jamlau 04-24-2007 05:35 AM

Okay - I'll jump on the bandwagon. I know that I am compulsive and I love the Bella's. I have ordered Bellas and want a Fella and think they are just too stickin cute. But now I just checked out the Rubber Romanace Divas, and I think I will have to order some of them too!!! What's a girl to do???

Mynee 04-24-2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan

I just checked out the Rubber Romance Divas. They are very cute. There's even one named Melanie so I think I'll have to order it. :)

housefan 04-24-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mynee
I just checked out the Rubber Romance Divas. They are very cute. There's even one named Melanie so I think I'll have to order it. :)

Here is a card with one: See post #117

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/rubyslippers74

KimberlyinMN 04-24-2007 05:46 AM

I get an error message when following the link above.

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

wendykins 04-24-2007 05:54 AM

They are very cute, just checked them out! There may even be some on their way to me right now, LOL!

jbalcer 04-24-2007 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz_n29
bump..size on rubberromance??
loves ya

They're pretty large! I love them!
- http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1946_38099909
- http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1945_25510680
- http://jbalcer.blogs.splitcoaststamp...ubber-romance/
I've purchased quite a few, both mounted and unmounted. I was hesitant about the unmounted, but it really wasn't that hard to do the apply-to-pad-and-cut thing!

housefan 04-24-2007 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
I get an error message when following the link above.

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

The link works for me!

InkyFairy 04-24-2007 08:33 AM

just my 2 cents..

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobi
I don't know how many times i've seen threads about not liking SU! stamps. for example, "what set do you wish you'd never purchased," or "what set do you want to see retired," and the list goes on and on. My wish is that one day someone could express their opinion on an SCS forum and not get their head bitten off.. it's almost like we're all scared to go against the common thread, and that's just not real life.. we're artists, we have likes and dislikes, we have mood swings, and as juliehrr put it, we're WOMEN.. and women bicker... i don't like stuff all the time, lol, but i certainly don't post my opinion here for fear that people will black list me for saying so..

You read my mind jazzy! I've been lurking on this thread and I finally decided to open my trap (at the risk of being voted off this island :mrgreen: ) because it's really strange how everyone gets all huffy about how Em's feelings might be hurt, and how if you don't happen to like them, that's fine but it isn't nice to criticize them 'cause she'll read the posts, etc., or if somebody says another thing about the Bellas their threads get closed because it's yet another thread on the subject. I remeber how we vented at length about the SU! gnomes and the "Children of the Corn" sets.. I mean, people may not have known it, but what if the actual artist of those sets is one of us? what if it was me and everybody was in an uproar about how scary those kids were? nobody was starting a riot defending me and my ugly designs!! :mrgreen:
I happen to have NO discipline when it comes to all the enablers on this site and I purchased a bunch of the bellas when people started showing them off, and I loove looking at all the super cute cards people have made - I even made a few of my own, but I have to admit I am probably done with them. I just hate to think that I couldnt say anything about it without causing controversy..lol.. Seriously though if I was somebody like Em or Gina K. I would just be happy to have my own designs out there, and as a professional I would have to be aware that I will not please everybody (and I am sure they do know that) and again, this is just my humble opinion, I just hate to see that this place is getting a bit like my high school where you can't hang with the cool girls unless you're wearing the two pairs of legwarmers over shimmmery leggings because Debbie Gibson wears them like that..:rolleyes:

StampinHay79 04-24-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Maldonado
You read my mind jazzy! I've been lurking on this thread and I finally decided to open my trap (at the risk of being voted off this island :mrgreen: ) because it's really strange how everyone gets all huffy about how Em's feelings might be hurt, and how if you don't happen to like them, that's fine but it isn't nice to criticize them 'cause she'll read the posts, etc., or if somebody says another thing about the Bellas their threads get closed because it's yet another thread on the subject. I remeber how we vented at length about the SU! gnomes and the "Children of the Corn" sets.. I mean, people may not have known it, but what if the actual artist of those sets is one of us? what if it was me and everybody was in an uproar about how scary those kids were? nobody was starting a riot defending me and my ugly designs!! :mrgreen:
I happen to have NO discipline when it comes to all the enablers on this site and I purchased a bunch of the bellas when people started showing them off, and I loove looking at all the super cute cards people have made - I even made a few of my own, but I have to admit I am probably done with them. I just hate to think that I couldnt say anything about it without causing controversy..lol.. Seriously though if I was somebody like Em or Gina K. I would just be happy to have my own designs out there, and as a professional I would have to be aware that I will not please everybody (and I am sure they do know that) and again, this is just my humble opinion, I just hate to see that this place is getting a bit like my high school where you can't hang with the cool girls unless you're wearing the two pairs of legwarmers over shimmmery leggings because Debbie Gibson wears them like that..:rolleyes:

Well Said!!!

StampBee 04-24-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

I was the model for the Bellas ;)

...............................NOT!!!

I could be the model for SaggyBaggyBella :)

ROTFLMBO! ooooo that is too funny!!! BUtt, unfortunately, I WOULD BEE that model :(

Mynee 04-24-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Maldonado
I just hate to see that this place is getting a bit like my high school where you can't hang with the cool girls unless you're wearing the two pairs of legwarmers over shimmmery leggings because Debbie Gibson wears them like that..:rolleyes:

I second that.

chrise16 04-24-2007 12:19 PM

I just love the Bellas. My DH, on the other hand, cannot figure out WHY I love them so much! I guess to each his/her own! :)

Granna 04-24-2007 12:46 PM

I like some of them a lot, though I haven't bought any yet. Probably will soon. I think some of them are very pretty.