Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I don't get these Bella stamps!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-dont-get-these-bella-stamps-238935/)

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-08-2007 06:01 PM

I don't get these Bella stamps!!
 
OK, I have really tried..I really have..to like these Bella stamps that seem to be so popular lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm always into all the latest things. I went out and bought about 7 giga and mega punches, I have all kinds of Basic Grey paper, etc., etc.....but these Bella stamps I just don't like. Am I the only one? Is something wrong with me??

LOL!!!! :) :)

Jeanne S 04-08-2007 06:04 PM

Nope, nothing wrong. That's why there are a jillion stamp companies out there. Something for everyone.

Personally, I wanna look like a bella :)

housefan 04-08-2007 06:07 PM

Shhh! They will come and get you! LOL! Not OK to say you don't like them according to some posters. But, (in a whispered voice), I don't like them either. Ducking!

MommaJ 04-08-2007 06:10 PM

They are not my fav either. But I have seen some adorable cards made with them!

gkkscrapper 04-08-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Shhh! They will come and get you! LOL! Not OK to say you don't like them according to some posters. But, (in a whispered voice), I don't like them either. Ducking!

LOL! I'm with you...I don't like them either. But that my opinion.

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-08-2007 06:11 PM

May I add that I am not trying to offend the Bella lovers..I just don't understand this total and utter dislike of them. I am still trying to like them, though. I'll work on it!! LOL!!

prbloom 04-08-2007 06:16 PM

I have to say I think it's really rude for someone to say they don't like something, maybe they don't get the idea behind something or even that it's not your style, but if you say rude things, it can be a hurtful thing to somebody out there!

CardFanatic 04-08-2007 06:18 PM

I haven't cared for many of them either. But I went to their site tonight and found a couple that I really want to have. I put them on a birthday wish list and sent it my MIL. She's always asking what I want, so I thought, What the heck? So, I might be stamping with Bellas soon.

PMSabella and docabella

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-08-2007 06:20 PM

Wow, Paula..take it easy. I don't see anything wrong with saying I don't get them! Sorry if I offended you and the Bella stampers! I was only joking!!

CardFanatic 04-08-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellrick
Wow, Paula..take it easy. I don't see anything wrong with saying I don't get them! Sorry if I offended you and the Bella stampers! I was only joking!!

LOL! Maybe someone can make a PMSabella card? Sorry... but I just cracked myself up! :rolleyes:

Just a-joking everyone! :p ;)

housefan 04-08-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prbloom
I have to say I think it's really rude for someone to say they don't like something

This is a bit scary.

Jeanne S 04-08-2007 06:43 PM

Play nice girls. Remember SCS is a fun place :)

Lilann 04-08-2007 06:50 PM

I am purposely not looking at any Bellas for fear that I might like them. That would be just one more stamp line that I would need to buy. Right now I am trying to figure out where to store the two boxes of stamps sets that just came in from TAC and stampin up. Thank goodness the CTMH stamps are skinny and I can put almost 20 sets in a box.

mungojerry 04-08-2007 06:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with you. They don't move me either. There are many popular things that I have no desire to add to my burgeoning craft supply area. It's really okay not to like everything.

llevans 04-08-2007 06:54 PM

A little background: Paula may be remembering, like me, that there has been a thread about this already. Emily the creator/owner of the Bellas is a SCS member and is active in the forums and I don't want to see her feelings hurt.

That said, I love my Bellas! Got order #4 on it's way!!!

friendly63 04-08-2007 06:58 PM

There IS a PMS bella she just put in on this weekend :)

jailbirdstamper 04-08-2007 07:02 PM

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh! The Bellas will hear you!

I love them all - I want them all! I adore them! but were' all different huh? I *LOATHE* vintage stuff (don't flame me!)!

stillstampin 04-08-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mungojerry
There is nothing wrong with you. They don't move me either. There are many popular things that I have no desire to add to my burgeoning craft supply area. It's really okay not to like everything.

Thank you for saying exactly how I feel!!!

jailbirdstamper 04-08-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
I haven't cared for many of them either. But I went to their site tonight and found a couple that I really want to have. I put them on a birthday wish list and sent it my MIL. She's always asking what I want, so I thought, What the heck? So, I might be stamping with Bellas soon.

PMSabella and docabella

I knew we would capture you eventually!!! tee hee

Willow01 04-08-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llevans
A little background: Paula may be remembering, like me, that there has been a thread about this already. Emily the creator/owner of the Bellas is a SCS member and is active in the forums and I don't want to see her feelings hurt.

That said, I love my Bellas! Got order #4 on it's way!!!

OMGosh what is Emily's user ID?? I would love to see her gallery! I have one Bella and a friend gave it to me. LOVE IT!!

Thanks
Charlene

myhappyplace 04-08-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llevans
A little background: Paula may be remembering, like me, that there has been a thread about this already. Emily the creator/owner of the Bellas is a SCS member and is active in the forums and I don't want to see her feelings hurt.

That said, I love my Bellas! Got order #4 on it's way!!!

Yes, and she's a professional. I'm sure she recognizes that someone not liking a certain product in no reflection of her as a person or her abilities.

We have threads about not liking other things all the time, I'm sure Shelli Gardner is not offended that I thought last year's summer mini sucked :D

llevans 04-08-2007 07:08 PM

I agree. My post was just trying to keep things nice....:D


Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
Yes, and she's a professional. I'm sure she recognizes that someone not liking a certain product in no reflection of her as a person or her abilities.

We have threads about not liking other things all the time, I'm sure Shelli Gardner is not offended that I thought last year's summer mini sucked :D


Wasatch Wizard 04-08-2007 07:08 PM

Isnt it GREAT that there is such an incredible variety of stamp images out there for us to choose from? That way there is Something out there for every taste and need!!

Stamping Bella 04-08-2007 07:12 PM

Ahem, I am very professional **BIGG WAVESS AND HUGSSS*** (even to those who don't love the bellas)

Em

llevans 04-08-2007 07:15 PM

You are soooo sweet and a good sport!!! Looking forward to the release of the Fella Bellas!!!:)


Quote:

Originally Posted by shmem
Ahem, I am very professional **BIGG WAVESS AND HUGSSS*** (even to those who don't love the bellas)

Em


Willow01 04-08-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmem
Ahem, I am very professional **BIGG WAVESS AND HUGSSS*** (even to those who don't love the bellas)

Em

WooHoo now I know your user name! Darn it no pics in the gallery but I will be adding your blog to my Fav's and checking it out. So proud to be your fellow Canadian!!

stargirl 04-08-2007 07:25 PM

I love the bellas! I ordered three my first order, and a few weeks later I ordered four more. There are about a dozen more I want! That being said, it's fine for everyone not to like them-don't worry about it!

The bellas were my first unmounted stamps, and I'm seriously considering going unmounted now because of how nicely they stamp. I'm just a little daunted by the idea of unmounting seven years of SU! demo's stamps! I'll bet I have more than a thousand stamps, easily! YIKES!

Stampin Wrose 04-08-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmem
Ahem, I am very professional **BIGG WAVESS AND HUGSSS*** (even to those who don't love the bellas)

Em

LOL!!

Yes, and as I posted in that other thread, there is a nice way to say you don't care for something.

That's why there's chocolate and vanilla, ya know? I can prefer vanilla without insulting chocolate. :)

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-08-2007 07:26 PM

Hi Emily, I really didn't mean to open up a can of worms...honestly!! Just trying to understand this Bella craze!! Sounds like you have a winner on your hands!!

TJStamper 04-08-2007 07:42 PM

I think the "Bellas" are very cute but I'm not compelled (thank God!) to buy them ... mostly because I don't have any un-mounted stamps and I'm a little bit afraid of them!:rolleyes: It's a good thing for me though 'cause I don't think my wallet could take much more of my addiction spending ... ha ha!

I honestly don't think the OP was trying to "offend" anybody (least of all the creator of the Bellas) ... I'm sure she was just feeling like "am I the ONLY one" because the boards are kinda "Bella crazy" these days, KWIM? I understand where she's coming from and I don't think it's from a place of meanness at all. I also think it's OK to say you don't really like something and wonder if you are alone in that feeling or if anybody else agrees with you.

I am grateful for all the amazingly talented artists out there who come up with all the wonderful rubber stamps designs. If you think about it, it's really incredible just how many different styles are out there! So much to choose from - it would be almost cruel if we all loved EVERYthing that was available. Can you imagine? I would be broke! :)

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-08-2007 07:45 PM

Tj, you are so sweet...thank you kindly for putting those thoughts into words!!

BTW, I am a retriever lover too. I have my 3rd golden, Buddy, who is 10!!

Stamping Bella 04-08-2007 07:45 PM

Hi there,
just having innocent fun and tried to develop a line that "MOST" can identify with in terms of look, profession, the ability to have fun. The best part is when I hear people say "OMG that is so my mother, my friend, my sister".. makes me warm and tingly.. OH and did I mention all the people I have met on this journey? I wouldn't know what to do without them.. we are now officially almost related! Hence, the term "sistahs".
The main problem here is that I am the type that loves BOTH chocolate and vanilla.. oh what to do...

Em

Our Daily Bread Designs 04-08-2007 07:47 PM

I hated feeling that I was "missing" something. I keep seeing them more and more and thinking I should be loving them...thought I was losing my touch!!

santakitty 04-08-2007 07:50 PM

A lot of stuff in the stampin' world I'm 'craz-e' about & the Bellas are cute but not one of things I'll be getting into....but I also seriously dislike pink & pastels, am not known for being a girlie girl (although I can be), am known for liking fast cars, motorcycles, dirt, jeans, etc.........it's wonderful what makes the world go 'round.
Kitty

Jeanne S 04-08-2007 07:55 PM

I was the model for the Bellas ;)


...............................NOT!!!


I could be the model for SaggyBaggyBella :)

llevans 04-08-2007 07:56 PM

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!




Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I was the model for the Bellas ;)


...............................NOT!!!


I could be the model for SaggyBaggyBella :)


texasjodylynn 04-08-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper
I think the "Bellas" are very cute but I'm not compelled (thank God!) to buy them ... mostly because I don't have any un-mounted stamps and I'm a little bit afraid of them!:rolleyes: It's a good thing for me though 'cause I don't think my wallet could take much more of my addiction spending ... ha ha!



Let me offer a suggestion... IF you wanted to try an unmounted stamp, a Bella would be the perfect start. They are RUBBER (which I prefer over clear even though I DO own clear stamps as well). All you have to do is stick a piece of double sided tape (like scotch) on the sticker side of a SU block and stick the Bella on and stamp. You wouldn't even need to invest in an acrylic block if you didn't want to. The double sided tape peels easily off your SU wood block and no harm, no foul.

I must admit I do NOT like to color, but I LOVE Bellas. The stamps are not super fine detailed or ornate so even I can color them. heehee The images are adorable. There is one for almost every hobby (EXCEPT ribbonloverbella which I am waiting for Emily ;) ). I don't resemble a Bella at all, and would LOVE a "fluffy" Bella line (or one wrapped in ribbon *cough cough Emily*), but they are cute and you should really give them a try. :D

enabling speel over. ;)

Jeanne S 04-08-2007 08:23 PM

I need a Bowlingbella. Em, are you still out there?

Maybe a Cowgirlabella too........lol

texasjodylynn 04-08-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I need a Bowlingbella. Em, are you still out there?

Maybe a Cowgirlabella too........lol


Cute! BUT I neeeeed a ribbonloverbella, Jeanne... me first! LOL Are you listening Emily? LOL

I already succumbed to cruiseabelle and PMSabella today. :cool:

Jeanne S 04-08-2007 08:28 PM

Wantabella wars.......hehe


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:22 AM.