Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to store unmounted stamps?

I am in the process of unmounting my SU stamps, but I have no idea how to store them. I'm thinking about maybe a binder, but what do I put them on? The stamps are on the E-Zmount stuff. Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I love CD cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can buy the binders that have the ezmount system for storing the cling stamps but I just use CD cases. I love how easy it is to store and access them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the binder system for about five minutes. Those pages are very thick and heavy once you load them with stamps. I would have had fifty binders, I'll bet. I switched to CD cases and am very happy.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I like the cd cases, but am finding it hard to find the thick/regular cd cases anymore. The stores seem to carry only the slimline cases now. Today I actually bought some binders to start putting my clear stamps in because I could not find the thick cd cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Another vote for CD jewel cases. I get mine from www.rima.com good pricing, great service and you can get them without the CD inserts. I think I have about 350!! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up

The DVD-sized jewel cases are definately awesome! I sell more of these than anything else in the store!

http://www.shop.stampbystep.com/prod...&productId=759

Cheryl Kay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

cd cases! now I am looking for a cd tower!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll look into these since I do have several PT stamps and they come that way. I think what I liked about the binder was that I could flip through several stamp sets at once and "see" what I've got. How can you tell what stamps are what and what they say when they are not clear?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 03:50 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Default cd cases

When I first unmounted my stamps -- I used a binder system -- I had a hard time deciding how to organize them. I didn't want to waste space by putting one set on each page -- so I tried to put multiple sets together. After unmounting everything and putting them in binders -- I hated my system of organization. :(
I never liked the idea of cd cases, I thought it would be more confusing -- until I tried it!!! For most sets -- you can fit the set in one jewel case -- the larger sets I have split into two cases. I LOVE using the cd cases. I stamp the images on white copy paper cut the size to put in the front of the case - and write the name of the set. Organized by themes. I do not use 'cd' holders with slots to organize the cases -- I use small wooden crates made for cds -- so I can easily flip through them. LOVE IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:17 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I just went unmounted last year, actually finised during Christmas holiday (about 200 cases). What I have done is that I have an index of stamps in a binder. I have listed all my stamp sets as well as stamp them onto printer paper (white bond) and have them organized similar to an SU! catty.

I also have a section for background stamps only where I have taken the background stamps that come with the different sets, stamped on a page and put the name of the stamp set. Sometimes I want to mix it up a bit and that makes it easy to find.

Along the same lines, I have taken all the sayings/expressions and put those in a seperate section also listing the stamp name with it so that I can find it easily.

My stamps are stored in CD cases labeled on the side using the Word template for the labels and just cutting them out and taping them to the inside edge of the CD case (I'm picky, I want them to stay nice and clean.)

Also, I am doing the stamp to spend challenge. As a result, I am tryng to see which stamp sets I really use and which are just "collecting dust". As I use a stamp set, I index on the back of the CD case using StazOn an image of the stamp that I used. This way, I remember what goes in each case and if there are words, I can see the words easily. For larger stamps, this has been a problem because the plastic of the CD case dips and doesn't always give an even image; but for me, it's ok because I can see enough of the image to trigger my memory of the whole image.
Attached Files
File Type: doc CD inserts for titles.doc (42.5 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Lisa Silver recently did a tutorial on this very subject.

Storing unmounted stamps

It helped me so much! I have now transfered all of my stamps to metal CD or DVD tins. Fortunately I found a company locally, but even if you buy online, they are very affordable! Effectuality just happens to be 40 minutes from me, how lucky for me. They are super nice and there are no minimums. Love that.

www.effectuality.com

White Metal CD Tins (for smaller sets)

Metal DVD Tins

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My least favorite style of stamps used to be unmounted rubber on ez foam because I couldn't "see" what I had. I finally figured out that I needed to stamp each image on a piece of paper (or print off the internet) and put it in the container where I store the stamps. (duh). Now it is great.

I don't use CD folders as I find them too small for most sets. I use the same boxes that SU uses. I know that it takes up way more space, but I find that I can "see" what I have more easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

I tried my own binder system and disliked it intensely. Big mess for me. I am a huge fan of using CD cases. DH and I had plenty of empty CD cases from CDs we had purchased years ago and put into a CD binder. WE were going to toss them a long time ago and DH said to save them b/c we may end up using them for something. I was reluctant to keep clutter in the basement, but he was right! I put all of my cases in a CD case holder that we had used before our CD binder. They are super cute wooden crates. Pretty small and stackable.
Reply With Quote Likes