Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many is too many (guests)

I've just signed on with SU to become a demo and my Mom is hosting my very first party for me. My question is this? How many guests are too many. I have at least 30 people who are very interested in attending. I know not all will show, but I know of a few more who may be interested as well. Should I not invite them in hopes that someone at the party books a workshop and they can invite them (since they are friends) OR do I invite them all as well. I just don't know what to do?..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I would invite them all as long as your mom has room. The more exposure you get, the more orders you get, and the more free stuff for her so it benefits you both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

One thing you may want to do if you don't think you'll have enough room, is hold two different sessions. Or you can set it up in an open-house format, where people can come and go as they please.

Congrats on all the response!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I would split it up into 2 sessions. I know I get frustrated if there are too many people. There are too many people trying to look at & use the products that I always seem to be waiting forever. I'm more encouraged to buy if I have more opportunities to "do".

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I would hold two sessions with that many people. I find that when I have more than 15 it's just a mad house. Not enough of you to go around and usually not enough space for them to make a project. Sharring the set for your M&T with that many people at once could have people waiting for a long time. I think you'd be able to do a better demo with a smaller crowd.

Congrats! You're going to have a blast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

From my own experience with SU parties, you need to invite twice as many people as you would like to have show up! If you have 30 people who are indicating interest in coming, that means that 15 of them will be out of town that day, have another commitment that conflicts or are ill or have a family member ill. I would just go ahead and send out the invites and see who responds.

Be sure and do a final call the week of the party so that people are reminded and that you will be aware if someone has had a change in plans. Guaranteed the day of the party that at least one and maybe two of your confirmed guests won't show - trust me on this! ;)

I may sound like the biggest pessimist, but that's not true! I am a realist who has had some VERY successful SU parties as a result of hard work on my part as hostess and dedicated work on the part of my demo to do a quality party.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Congrats on becoming an SU demo! One of the best things about being a demo is being able to sign up for the SCS SU demo forum, where many experienced demos share their secrets with use newbies!

Congrats also on having such a big interest in your first event. My experience (as a newbie) is that fewer is better. My first workshop was a large workshop (not nearly as large as yours, but large for me) and it definitely wasn't my best -- I was too nervous and didn't really know how to get a "handle" on so many people. So I think if you really do get firm committments from that many people, you might want to split up the event over two sessions, especially if you plan on doing any make & takes and you have a lot of guests who never stamped before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

As far as 2 sessions do you mean 2 different nights? I was hoping to do it all in one night but don't know if that's possible. Don't get me wrong i am soooo nervous and shutter every time i think about it.
Reply With Quote Likes