Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:54 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How many page kits should I make for a crop?

I have been a scrapper for many years but I am going to my first ever crop this Saturday. It is an all-day event from 9:00 in the morning til 11:00 at night. In an effort to make the most of the time I have started making "page kits" to take so that I can just work on the pages when I get there. The hard part will be done - the thinking! I would like to feel like I got alot accomplished when the crop is over but I don't know what is realistic. My question is this - how many pages do you usually get done at an all day crop like this? How many kits should I make? Thanks in advance for your input!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how fast you are, how much you plan to gab, etc... Are your pages more journaling intensive? If they are, and you have to do the journaling at the crop, you'll finish fewer pages. Have you already chosen your pictures for your layouts so you only have to stick things together, or do you have to do that in your crop? Choosing pictures and getting them in order is often time consuming! I've found with crops that you don't work full tilt the entire time and should give yourself some time to just fart around!

I say do what you want to do and what you can. If you feel fantastic completing 10 pages, then by all means, do page kits for 10 pages. If you feel like that's too little, then do more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:12 AM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have done quite a few day crops and weekend retreats now - the best way to look at it is to try to be organised so you achieve alot of scrapping but also to have a wonderful relaxing time :-) I usually also pack in another little project just in case I finish the pages I take...but I havent needed to use whatever extra I pack in yet! Its very personal - 10 pages would be perfect for me...

I have a Crop in Style paper taker that I now keep stocked with lots of different colors of cardstock, speciality papers and velums - then I just add papers and stickers in the various compartments that I think I will use for my pages for that particular crop/weekend.

I do try to organise my photos beforehand as it makes it much easier for me but I dont tend to crop them beforehand as I never am quite sure which part of the photo I will use.

I used to be very good at pre-organising my pages and photographs but the last few times I have found myself arriving at Walgreens to pick up my photo order enroute to the retreat - and to be honest I still have a great time and although the first hour or so is spent sorting them out, it gives me time to get into it and chatter :-)

Have a wonderful time...

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did a weekend crop last spring. I didn't plan any "page kits" but instead just took the pictures I thought I would like to work on and a bunch of different papers. I had to plan my pages as I went, and I still ended up completing 30 pages over the course of 1-1/2 days. If I would have planned ahead and had kits assembled, I know I could have done many more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I would say you could get at least 20-25 pages done if you already have the stuff picked out for the page. That is the hardest part.
Project 365 blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

regardless of how many pages you get done in a day; you will not be disappointed if you are planning the pages in advance. I usually stick all the
items for those pages in a page protector. Are you planning on a few stamped pages; I think pages that face open, look neat together if there is only stamping and maybe some background or colored card stock. This site may have some nice stamped page ideas. Crops are so much fun
enjoy YOUR DAY Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes