Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I used to shop at the Goose Barn too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
Contact The Goose Barn (5311 Charles Street, Rockford, IL 61108--815-397-9391) for the EZ Duz It or Removez It cleaner that was made just for them. It is wonderful. All my stamping buddies loved it so much when they borrowed it, I gave them a bottle of it for a gift. I just add it to my wet cloth and rub my stamp in it. I dry my stamp on another dry cloth. If my cleaning rag dries out over night, I just add water and the cleaner is rejuvenated and works until my cloth is just too messy to use and then I have to rinse it out well and start the process over. It is the only thing I use other than water for those harder to clean jobs.
Its been 10 years since I have been there but I loved to go there when we lived in the area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
Contact The Goose Barn (5311 Charles Street, Rockford, IL 61108--815-397-9391) for the EZ Duz It or Removez It cleaner that was made just for them. It is wonderful. All my stamping buddies loved it so much when they borrowed it, I gave them a bottle of it for a gift. I just add it to my wet cloth and rub my stamp in it. I dry my stamp on another dry cloth. If my cleaning rag dries out over night, I just add water and the cleaner is rejuvenated and works until my cloth is just too messy to use and then I have to rinse it out well and start the process over. It is the only thing I use other than water for those harder to clean jobs.
My lss sells the EZ Duz It as well, and it is hands-down the best stamp cleaner I have ever used. Ev.er. I had some used stamps that I purchased that were very well loved and apparently never cleaned - they had traces of metallic pigment ink dried on them and the rubber was nearly black. I took them off the blocks (since I use all unmounted) and threw the rubber into a rubbermaid sandwich container with about 1/4" of the EZ Duz It cleaner in the bottom and let them soak for a bit, and voila! clean! It is also safe for acrylic blocks, unlike Staz On cleaner - so you can use Staz On ink and clean the stamp on your block without worrying that the cleaner will harm the block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

What is the Goose Barn? My good friend lives Rockford. Is it a stamp store? Might get some cleaner if I visit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
What is the Goose Barn? My good friend lives Rockford. Is it a stamp store? Might get some cleaner if I visit!
Yes, it is a stamp store that is in a huge old barn. The address is posted earlier.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Are there any other places that offer EZ Duz It? I found a questionable website that claimed to sell it but would rather purchase from a reputable site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MzteazeView Post
Are there any other places that offer EZ Duz It? I found a questionable website that claimed to sell it but would rather purchase from a reputable site.
This Site: Joy of Stamping is the website that is actually listed on my bottle - but they have a minimum $25 order.

The only other online store I've seen it at was the place I got my very favorite acrylic blocks; unfortunately, they have gone out of business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

LOL that's the website I found and thought it was questionable because it looks soooo old. I guess I will never get to try it because there is no way I can order enough stuff for $25 worth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 06:12 AM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

I do love the stamp-n-scrub from SU. It's the quickest way for me to get the stamp clean, in all the nooks and crannies, and dry and ready to use again if I want to.
I make my own stamp cleaner with the lemon scented Simple Green diluted with one part Simple Green and 10 parts water.
The SU scrub pad has two sides, I lightly spray one side, directly on the pad, not the stamp...keep the other side dry. Then I'm good to go during my crafting time.

I have some baby wipes that I use sometimes if I am only making one quick card, but I don't like the fuzz they can leave behind on my stamp.
I don't care if the stamps get stained, some ink won't come off...as long as it's clean enough not to contaminate a lighter color ink I'm good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Goose Barn will send it to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts

I use simple green mixed with water and SU scrubby. A bottle of simple green will last forever when diluted as back instruction state.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diy stamp scrubber Link

http://youtu.be/kbACJ-ynF30.
Frugal crafter DIY stamp scrubber. Lindsay Weirach.

Check this out. She uses a replacement pad for painting edgers which has that texture to it to make a frugal version of a stamp scrubber. She just sprays simple green on it. It was just posted a couple of days ago.

That woman is clever!

She has a blog too but the stamp scrubber is only on the YouTube channel. Worth the 2 minute watch

Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazooMIView Post
http://youtu.be/kbACJ-ynF30.
Frugal crafter DIY stamp scrubber. Lindsay Weirach.

Check this out. She uses a replacement pad for painting edgers which has that texture to it to make a frugal version of a stamp scrubber. She just sprays simple green on it. It was just posted a couple of days ago.

That woman is clever!

She has a blog too but the stamp scrubber is only on the YouTube channel. Worth the 2 minute watch

Barb
I've used these before & go through them QUICKLY! I was trying to find a cheaper way of cleaning my stamps too. I have one of those Tim Holtz cleaning pads & they LAST! I clean it every so often. They come 2 in a pack, so while one is drying, I use the other one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

I talked to the maker of Easy Duz It and Removez It. He is awesome and super helpful. You can order the product from him directly.

Because he uses a flat rate box, it's probably best to combine your purchases to offset the shipping price. However you won't be disappointed.

I cleaned an old ratty looking stamp back to nearly new status using his product. This will definitely be my go to cleaner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 02:10 AM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I've used these before & go through them QUICKLY! I was trying to find a cheaper way of cleaning my stamps too. I have one of those Tim Holtz cleaning pads & they LAST! I clean it every so often. They come 2 in a pack, so while one is drying, I use the other one!
I was using the Paint Edgers too and they don't last. I learned the Paint Edger/Simple Green trick here years ago. ;) I have the strangest reaction to Simple Green it makes me sneeze a lot. I don't use it any more.

I have started using the Shammy tip a few of the ladies recommended. Thank you, Thank you! I love the Shammy. My stamps got so clean using that method. I just used my homemade stamp cleaner and a Shammy. It's like I bought my stamps new.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 02:40 AM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,092 Likes on 836 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I was using the Paint Edgers too and they don't last. I learned the Paint Edger/Simple Green trick here years ago. ;) I have the strangest reaction to Simple Green it makes me sneeze a lot. I don't use it any more.

I have started using the Shammy tip a few of the ladies recommended. Thank you, Thank you! I love the Shammy. My stamps got so clean using that method. I just used my homemade stamp cleaner and a Shammy. It's like I bought my stamps new.
Is that Joan B and the Absorber? Blog link: i make i talk: Sunday Savings: Cleaning Stamps, but I know it was discussed in a thread here.
I'm glad to hear you say how good you find it! Since Amazon.com seem to be able to ship a lot more stuff to Ireland than they used to, I slipped an Absorber into my basket when I was shopping with my Moddy Christmas present :mrgreen:.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Is that Joan B and the Absorber? Blog link: i make i talk: Sunday Savings: Cleaning Stamps, but I know it was discussed in a thread here.
I'm glad to hear you say how good you find it! Since Amazon.com seem to be able to ship a lot more stuff to Ireland than they used to, I slipped an Absorber into my basket when I was shopping with my Moddy Christmas present :mrgreen:.
I've been using the absorber for a while now and it is great. I cut up relatively small pieces so I still have most of unused. It doesn't wear out, at least not yet. Although it gets so stained even after washing. love that thing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep forgetting to pick that thing up! I think they sell them at Target. I am adding it to my Target list today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

I always stamp off then use a baby wipe and then I rinse off with cold water so no fuzz. or if stamp is really black, stamp off use the wipe and then a toothbrush into those little hard to reach places. Some clear stamps clean better than others and don't stain. Best advice I think is clean your stamp off right after using, takes a minute but my stamps look like new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #59  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Is this cloth like a "sham-wow?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Thank you it was Joan B. Joan I am sorry. You know I am good at remembering your tips. It is a Chamois or as my DH's car friends call them "Shammy's". This is where I got Shammy's stuck in my head. My DH got mine for me. I don't know if it is the name brand Absorber.

Like Joan I cut mine up too. That thing was huge. I love it and it is the best thing I have ever found to clean stamps. The best frugal option too in the long run.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2015, 04:36 AM   #61  
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up Thank you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Thank you it was Joan B. Joan I am sorry. You know I am good at remembering your tips. It is a Chamois or as my DH's car friends call them "Shammy's". This is where I got Shammy's stuck in my head. My DH got mine for me. I don't know if it is the name brand Absorber.

Like Joan I cut mine up too. That thing was huge. I love it and it is the best thing I have ever found to clean stamps. The best frugal option too in the long run.
THANK YOU DeeAnn!!!! My hubby gave me a Sham-Wow recently.....now, WHAT did I DO with that thing? LOL I look forward to trying it! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes