Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you get started stamping?

My daughter asked me to a demonstration, and I was just blown away by the beautiful cards. I finally joined her group about 6 months ago - I was a little nervous about it, because I didn't know how to do anything, but I have learned little by little. Now I can't get enough of stamping! Now I'd be curious as to how others got started.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

My CM upline had a party being that this was going to be her hobby and what was all she wrote!! Been lovin' it ever since!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

MamaK showed up at my door (almost 2 years ago!) with some stuff and said "we're gonna stamp". I kept telling her I could buy that at *gasp* Hallmark!

And 2 years (and several thousand $$$) later....here I am!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #4  
ADK
Pearl-ExPert

I had a friend who started over two yrs ago, and thought that would be really a neat thing to do, I love crafty things. BUT, she kept saying it is really expensive (maybe trying to deture me?) So last year, late spring, early summer my neighbours friend from church mentioned she was starting this 10 4 10 club and was needing some ladies to join...and I was needing time out!! Come to find out it was stamping!!!! I was hooked the first session she had, and I LOVE IT!!

Now, I want to get into srapbooking!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

My best friend, Wendy, lives in another state. She was always sending me cards to use, packs of Christmas, birthday, etc. I always enjoyed them but NEVER thought I wanted to do them. She kept at me and a few summers ago I gave in and made 6 Christmas cards (lace snowflakes) while visiting her. It took me hours...no, days...because I am a perfectionist, detail person (probably a pain in the rear for most stampers to endure a first time stamper-ha!) Then she packed up LOTS of paper, goodies, some stamp sets, etc. and sent them back with me on the airplane. I've been hooked since. My problem is I collect them($$$) and stamp too little, sad to say. I go to stamp camps, classes, and have hosted, but I really hope this next year will bring me more time to stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #6  
First To Quack

I was in a monthly craft group that made a stamped photo album. I was hooked! After years of quilting, it was wonderful to finish a project so quickly!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I had wanted to stamp for a long time. There was a little stamp shop in one of the craft houses in my town. I was SHOCKED at how expensive everything was...mind you I was in college and had a very small budget. Fast forward about 6 years...I was on a yahoo list for mothers in my state and one of them mentioned a great stamp company called Stampin' Up! She was having a party, but I couldn't go. So I had a party of my own...that was in January 2002...great way to get hooked...have a party during SAB!! I have brought many friends over to the dark side...and none of their husbands like me very much now (jk) !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

A friend of mine got me started by inviting me to a Stampin' Up party the rest is history

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Five of my closest friends starting stamping at about the same time and kept trying to get me involved, but I fought them to the end. LOL. Finally one day I buckled and went and bought a few things at Hobby Lobby, then my sister mentioned that she worked with an SU! demo who was trying to book shows, and would I be interested? I said yes, and the rest is history.

This was about three years ago. Now three of the five friends who got me started have quit and sold all of their stuff while I sit here with a ROOM FULL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I first started stamping about 14 years ago when I attempted to make homemade Christmas cards when DH and I were newly married. ( Needless to say I have learned a lot since then.) :cool: Over the years I would buy a few stamps here and there. Then about 4 years ago I got invited to an SU workshop and I haven't been the same since. I am totally addicted to stampin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I work in a radiology department in a hospital. One day about 4 years ago, while waiting for films to develop, I spent time talking with my patient. She described cards she had made. It sounded so cool!

At the time, she and a group of women were meeting once a month to stamp and they invited me. I went several times and was instantly hooked!! They introduced me to Stampin' Up! Great stamps, matching inks and pens and cardstock!!

I've always loved anything to do with paper...pens, staples, paper punches, paper clips, paper...So this was a natural outlet for those loves!!

....I now have my daughter addicted!! Shame on me!!!!!

I'm never going back.....I'm happy to be on the "dark side"!

Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Location: At my front door peering through the sidelight anxiously awaiting a visit from 'Mr. Brown'...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
A friend of mine got me started by inviting me to a Stampin' Up party the rest is history

Me too.. last October. Then I had a workshop of my own during SAB in January, then joined a 6 club, now I'm signing on as a demo... the pull of the dark side is very strong.. ;)

Splitcoast Uploads - 2 Peas Scrapbook Gallery -
Stained Glass - Jeeping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

We did a "girls night out ~ stamp til you cramp" at church. I spent all night on one card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I belonged to a mom's club and I was the secret sister to someone who liked to stamp. I found out where she got her stamps (an SU demo in our mom's group) and the demo got a catalog to me. I was immediately WOWed by the catalog. I called the demo up the next day and told her that she was NOT getting her catalog back. I hosted my first workshop a few weeks later and then immediately joined her stamp club. Two years later the demo has become my best friend in TN and I absolutely, positively love stamping.

Thanks for sharing your great stories,
Brenda (Qbee)

Last edited by Qbee; 07-09-2005 at 04:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I still think my story is pretty funny (and so does my boyfriend)...

My friend invited me to her SU party. I said - No way! She said just come and eat and watch! I said --- okay (but hesitated.)

The day of the party I really did not feel very good...but wanted to be true to my word. My boyfriend said "why don't you stay home and just place a big order". I said --- that won't work, Steph just wants me there and anyway, I don't have any use for that "junk" --- (Can you believe I said that???)

So I picked up my friend and we went to the party --- the entire way in the car we talked about how we could not believe we were going...and we were NOT buying anything....

I was totally amazed at the party...I spent about $300 and booked a party (I am such a sucker! ---- he, he)

I came home (catalog in hand, no bag) and my boyfriend says "Oh, you really did not buy anything" (in a surprised voice...side note: I am a sucker for any home party)...I sheepishly look at him and said..."just $300...and booked a party" ... after wanting everything in the book...I signed to be a demo before my party.

That was a little over a year ago...and thousands and thousands of $$$ and many new friends too!!!

I just love this hobby!

Visit my Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

My enabler, er make that my friend, had a SU party during Sellabration 2003 and invited me. Was immediately hooked and bought over $100 worth of stuff including the complete set of Earth Elements stamp pads that afternoon. That was the beginning as others have said of many $$$ worth of purchases both SU and from my LSS. I am my demos best customer :0 She teases that I should become a demo - other than not wanting the income tax hassle I tease back. If I became a demo she'd loose all her instant income ;)
Fran #1698
Matt Kenseth- GO #17

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

We would get together with a few couples once a month for dinner. One lady (Cheryl) metioned a few times that she was a stamping demonstrator. I had no idea what stamping was. I pictured these moms sitting around and stampin pictures on their kids brown lunch bags. I didn't even know about "THE CARDS!" But one time when we went out to eat she brought swaps of cards she had just got from convention. I was wowed!!! I asked if I could come over to her house soon and she could show me some stuff. I was at her house for 4 hours but it felt like one hour. I WAS HOOKED! I still remember watching her emboss that day, I thought it was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I joined her stampin 10 group (she's a stampin up demo) and that was 3 years ago. I've been nuts/obsessed about stamping ever since.

One funny little note, Cherlys husband is kind of quiet and so is mine. Not long after I started stamping I called Cheryl and ask her if when we met for dinner next time if she could show me how to use one of the wheels. Well, she brings an entire project to do at the restuarant table, including glitter! The guys didn't know what to do, they kept worrying about us getting the glitter everywhere. By the time we left the restuarant all 4 of us had glitter on our faces, it was in the booths, everywhere. It was so funny.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up

I saw a picture of the bold butterfly stamped on the wall in the 2004-2005 IB&C and i was hooked!! can you believe it, that's all it took. I started stamping in Late February '05 & already have over 40 sets.. i'm obsessed I love it..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Stampinaholic

My neighbor knew that I was into scrapbooking and that I dabbed my fingers into card making a bit so she gave me this idea book she aquired through her sister-in-law. It was the 03-04 IB&C. I literally drooled over all the samples in the book, not even realizing it was a catalog of rubber stamps.

Being that my mother was heavily into scrapbooking and crafts, I showed her this awesome book. She LOVED it! She immediately went on the SU website to locate a demo and had a party. I attended and after that, it was all over! I had a party then signed right up to be a demo. I have been a demo for nearly two years and I am lovin' every minute of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Talking

I have always been into crafting even when I was little. Give me a ball of yarn and I'd make a bikini, some fabric and Barbie had nicer clothes than me. Even a shoe box turned into convertable furniture for Barbie (a bed/couch). Anyway I continued as an adult. I had wanted to scrapbook and stamp for along time, but I denied my urge. CAUSE I KNEW I'D BE OBSESSED, AND HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING!!!! (MY budget wouldn't allow for that). I eventually gave into scrapping. Then I went to a SU party... and I was officially was into stamping!!! I signed up as a Hobby Demo, cause I'm a bargain hunter (I guess that comes from my childhood). The funny thing is, I was right .... I have to have everything!! Thankfully I am able to afford most of this hobby, now. Or at least I've convinced myself of that!! LOL! Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:45 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I started at a friends SAB party in Jan 2002. I bought a bunch of stuff and left it sit for about 6 months or so. (I know...unimaginable). Then I went over to her house and stamped a bit with her...and then some more and more....

Now we are at the point of going to our vacationing demos house June 28 when we found out the new catty was there and convincing the house sitter to turn the boxes over so no one got hurt (JK. our demo left word it was ok for us to get them) We then drooled together while driving home and oooed and ahhhed at the same table where it all began.

And I see she already posted here!!!!

Lorie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I blame my library assistant for getting me involved.

I got started in 1998 when my assistant at work brought in her catalog for me to look at because she said she does stamping and I was like... what's stamping? and I just didn't get it. She had to bring in the catalog.

Well... I was like hmmm... that's cool looking. And I really wanted to learn more. So... I BEGGED her to have a workshop - she did. I still remember the demonstrator was Elizabeth Williams. I bought so much stuff at that workshop that Elizabeth let me keep a catalog. I still have it!

I didn't sign up as a demonstrator under Elizabeth though - I was building a house at the time and didn't have money to sign up as a demo until 2001 - so I signed up under someone else who had demo'd at my cousin Tabby's party. My upline and cousin Tabby go to the same church and we are all pretty much friends of friends.
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod

Last edited by Michelle Laycock; 07-09-2005 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great stories. I love crafts of all types. My mom is a wonderful artist and painter (unforunately I didn't get the drawing gene). I went to a DOTS party in November 95 and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw (gasp). I bought an ivy stamp and a green stamp pad (I always feel obligated to buy something). Then tried some Christmas cards with my mom and it was over from there. Now almost 10 years later I have a whole room in my house. You should have seen me trying to live in a 1 bedroom apartment and dorms for the last 8 years. I don't have as many stamp sets as many, I'm more into the accessories and other ideas besides cards. I hope some day to have more time to spend on stamping, but I have too many other crafts I like too. Not to mention reading. I need a 30 hour day.

Happy Stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

I had never heard of stamping until four years ago. A new employee at work brought in her IB&C to all of us ladies at work. The more I looked, the more I wanted to know more. Then she started bringing in cards she had made. She eventually became a demo, but never really hosted any parties. My boss and I started buying stamps, paper, ink etc. from her, but eventually, another friend of mine became a demo and started a Hostess of the Month Club and we joined that. That was two years ago and I have tons of stamp sets and can't wait for each month to go to our group meeting.

I have a funny story about my stamp buying. I never told my dh that I was buying stamps. Oh, I would show him one every once in a while, but three years ago at Christmas he was telling a story to his dd and her husband about hiding my Christmas gift and he thought he had found the perfect place that when he opened the cabinet, every shelf was filled with stamp sets. My secret was out and he told them he thought I only had a couple of stamps. I don't know if I will ever live that down, but he knows now that this is a passion of mine and I love it.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Christmas '04 my DIL said she had an idea for my Christmas present but wasn't sure I would like it. Mind you, she is a CM demo and I've been buying CM from her since about 1998! She showed me the IB&C - the kits in the front. She was going to get me "All the Best" but I liked "All Natural" better because I could get 3 stamp pads.

Eventually, I got tired of having to call her to order supplies, and after seeing SU! products I just couldn't deal with buying in stores, so about mid January I did a demo search on the SU! website, sent emails to the 4 demos listed there, picked one out, and the rest is history! Now, my original upline is no longer with SU! and I am an orphan in search of a home!

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

What great stories! Thanks to all of you. Here's to stamping - enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #27  
PAPER SCAPER

My sister in law tried to get me started and I kept saying �I don�t think so� and sort of laughing to my husband that his sister has lost her mind! It just wasn�t me. I loved to create things since I was a child but making cards just didn�t seem to be my thing. After all I create stained glass panels for windows which were a much bigger project than doing a greeting card!
Well I had to have back surgery after living with a problem for 25 or more years. I was in a back brace, couldn�t drive and stuck at home for six months. I had to stay busy and stained glass and other hobbies were out of the question.
Sis told me how she found this children's charity to make cards for and I decided that would keep me busy. That was five years ago and I haven�t stopped and due to the standing problem I hardly ever do stained glass these days, but I have lots of stamp sets. Sis still has lots more than me but I can borrow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

About 4 or so years ago I got involved with an online community called Get Crafty and Nervousness.org I had been doing alot of mail art and other art projects and somehow integrated this old set of circus font stamps into my artwork then I got addicted to collecting and using odd arcane stamps, and found companies like Zettiology and just loved thier style.

I also was new to the Twin Cities area and met the wife of one of my husbands friends, and she was a hardcore stamper, and she taught me almost everything I know about stamping, and since then I have really come to love it... I am learning new stuff everyday and I am just getting my feet wet in scrapbooking... so, yeah that is how I became a stamper....

Today I made my first waterfall card and I am very proud of myself!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Mom got me started!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #30  
The Digi-Freak

I was pregnant with my older daughter Libby and a friend on a birth board mentioned stamp camps. I was bored and on bedrest and googled stamping and found stampinupfriends yahoogroup. I bought some JUNK (and I do mean JUNK) on ebay and started piddling with it and had a catalog for ***6*** months before buying a single item and then went CRAZY NUTS!!! I got my first catalog almost 3 years ago! And started buying in January of 2003

Kimberly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had a CM consultant that decided to have a SU! party and invite those of us who normally came for her crops. We made a scrapbook page and I bought Itty Bitty Backgrounds, a set of spots and a black pad but was a little overwhelmed. I barely used them because I didn't know what to do. That was about 2 years ago.

During SAB this year one of the ladies that I met through the CM consultant decided to be a demo and I went to her kickoff party. We made a card at that one and I thought it was pretty cool. I bought A Greeting for all Reasons and enough other stuff to get Fun Filled as my free set. About that time I also found SCS which really helped me to understand what to do with the supplies I have.

I decided to make my daughters 2 year birthday party invitations as my first project and I have since joined a hostess club and bought several more orders worth of stuff on the fly. I finally feel like I have enough to create and the SU! demo is great at answering my questions and helping out.

I am going to hostess a party for the first time in August and I can't wait!

I love to hear all of these stories so keep 'em coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #32  
Crimping Master

When I couldn't find a basic children's lamp in primary colors, without paying an arm and leg, nearly 7 years ago I went to good old Target and found a perfect lamp for $8. I went to a local craft store and bought 3 stamps and 3 colors of paint. I had no idea what I was doing, but by golly I was going to save $$! It came out cute! I used the same stamps on some kid invites. ENJOYED IT LOTS. Never heard of CTMH or SU or any such thing. About 4 months later I got invited to an SU party by a neighbor. I was intrigued that it was a home party with rubber stamps involved and I wanted to see.... Well, the rest is history. That darned little $8 lamp has cost into the $1000s now and also got me to start a stamping related business to boot! YIKES! Could have NEVER been planned to work out that way.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Reluctantly.......
My very good friend signed up to be a demonstrator. I had already got hooked on scrapbooking but had no desire to stamp. I wanted to support her, so I signed up to have a party.... I was hooked after that.
BTW - I got hooked on scrapbooking the same way- a friend signed up with CM and begged me to have a show. I was reluctant and told her I was not really interested, but I would support her by inviting my friends. Well - I was hooked that first night on scrapbooking too. Now, the biggest room in our house is all mine for my crafts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

One day I was at a computer store, notice a place called The Paper Zone right next door (if you live in western Wa. you probably know this place. Anyway, I went in and saw stamps and all kinds of paper and had to have some. Well, after a few months of dinking around, I signed up for a basic class at Michaels. The person teaching happened to be an SU demo and she invited me to a workshop. I walked out with just a catalog and a new friend. That was 7 years ago, we are still good friends and I am still helping her make her minimums!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
Back when I was 7 or 8 my Mom found a set of stamps from 1932 for me to play with. It's actually an educational set for schools for kids to stamp their own stories. There are image and words, letters and numbers. Very cool, a little over 300 individual stamps, it has 3 wooden trays and a large storage box. I know I used it a little back then, but Mom put them away and I completely forgot about them. Fast forward to now, I'm 43 so that tells you how long ago that I played with stamps. Back in 1992 my friend gave me a stamp pad, a balloon stamp and a "you're invited" style stamp so I could make invitations for my two little boys.
The boys are now 17 and 14, and we added a little girl 8 years ago. I became a demo in 1995 after going to a SU party in 1994 and hosting a few parties. So here I am, a demo and hopelessly addicted to stamping with tons and supplies and a year ago my Mom found the old stamps and gave them to me. They still work, although not all work as well as others. They're good for collage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 02:50 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

7 years ago, my best friend said that I should come with her to a stamp camp.....I told her she was nuts. I wouldn't be interested in anything like that....7 years later and thousands of $$$ later...I am fully addicted and can't get enough..Now I have a small greeting card business that just seems to be growing by leaps and bounds...Everytime she sees me out and about now. She gets a big smile on her face " Look at you now!!!"
I wasn't expecting this to happen to me...But it is SSSOOO MUCH FUN!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 03:56 AM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

I was at a craft show in the mall and saw a booth with rubber stamps. Bought one and the rest is history. That was 18 years ago. I used that stamp on my envelopes. The hardest part back then was finding supplies. In the Early 90's I discovered a magazine called Rubberstampmadness. I finally found resources to buy paper and inks! Then, I was invited to a SU workshop in 1998 and WOW! Everything you need in one catalog. Stamps that come in sets. Paper and ink that match. I signed up to demo 3 years ago and my collection keeps growing!

V
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 03:58 AM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

About 5 yrs ago I walked into a local art shop to get my dd something (she's the artist) and walked past a stamped and embossed card. Then I picked it up and looked at it. Then I couldn't walk away from it! I asked the proprietor about it and she said she didn't know much about stamping but she could show me how to emboss. HOOKED! I then realized why I had been buying my dd stamping stuff and being frustrated that she never used it!! I'm the one who wanted to stamp!

Later I borrowed an SU catalog. Loved the matching ink and paper but didn't like the style of the stamps. Found a demo about 2 yrs ago and have been a happy stamper ever since!

BTW I searched and searched until I found the stamp from the card that hooked me so that I could duplicate it! It's still one of my most favorites!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 04:43 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

These answers are fun to read. I was in a local chain craft store looking for poster board for my son's school project when I saw an aisle full of embossing powder and other stamp stuff. The embossing powder looked interesting but I couldn't figure it out. So, I bought a book on stamping basics and bought a few stamps and inks. Then a coworker gave me her SU catalog because she isn't into stamping and the rest is history. That was about 4 years ago and it has become my one and only outlet!! Love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 05:17 AM   #40  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgmlmax
I have always been into crafting even when I was little. Give me a ball of yarn and I'd make a bikini, some fabric and Barbie had nicer clothes than me. Even a shoe box turned into convertable furniture for Barbie (a bed/couch). Anyway I continued as an adult. I had wanted to scrapbook and stamp for along time, but I denied my urge. CAUSE I KNEW I'D BE OBSESSED, AND HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING!!!! (MY budget wouldn't allow for that). I eventually gave into scrapping. Then I went to a SU party... and I was officially was into stamping!!! I signed up as a Hobby Demo, cause I'm a bargain hunter (I guess that comes from my childhood). The funny thing is, I was right .... I have to have everything!! Thankfully I am able to afford most of this hobby, now. Or at least I've convinced myself of that!! LOL! Dina
You must be my twin! All of the above for me but don't forget dressing your troll dolls! I'm not a demo but my daughter is cause I 'encouraged' her. Anything for that discount! Are you an organizing freak too!?!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes