Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Clean & Simple Christmas 2016 -1
2016/12/11/Christmas_2016_1_by_Bohodiva.jpg
I checked out your card - so pretty! Here's a link for it that functions so others can see: Christmas 2016 by Bohodiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2016, 06:15 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did manage to get some tags made today. Some are already on gifts, but here's a handful of others:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Can someone, ANYONE, explain to me how I can have a bizillion and twelve Christmas stamps, a huge stack of pretty Christmas papers, a handful of Christmas dies and embossing folders and ZERO desire to touch ANY of it? All I have to do right now is make some tags so that when I wrap the gifts I can identify who they are going to. Have I managed that? Nope! They have to be done by Saturday so my daughter can take them back to Utah with her... Cards get to wait until AFTER that. Sheesh! Oh - forgot to mention that I also have a Pinterest board of ideas that I've been collecting... What the...?!
LOL, I think you are not the only one, Sue. Sometimes I actually think what realm of h e double hockey sticks have we all fallen down into. Hope I am not offending anyone. I do have good days too, lol.....I spent this evening printing out a list of all the dies I have and trying to get some semblance of order. I felt better after I did that. But when I do stuff like that, I DO NOT want to buy one more thing. But then you know that is not going to happen. I will be buying more at some point.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, yes, Sue, and your tags are really cute!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
Sound like the Christmas Card Challenge may help some of you in 2017.
2017 CHRISTMAS CARD CHALLENGES by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

I have been participating for several years. One year I didn't do it at all.
This is a very low stress challenge. You can do however many cards you want each month and you don't have to follow the monthly suggested challenge-just do whatever you want to. If you get behind, who cares!!!

Check out CCC16 for card ideas from this year.

For those who need a quick solution this year, here are some of my cards which are very easy to make:
SUO, CCC16 NOV Card Mini Mates Happy Holidays by stampindoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and
SUO CCC12 July Group by stampindoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and
SUO CCC12 JAN Card by stampindoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Happy Stampin' and CASE-CASE-CASE!!!
Thanks for sharing your cards! Your July group looks like a good way to whittle down the pile o' papers, the snowflake one is classic CAS, and the Mini Mates made me smile to see an "oldie but goodie" put to use! Fun, fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2016, 04:56 AM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I did manage to get some tags made today. Some are already on gifts, but here's a handful of others:

They're cute. Are your presents wrapped and ready to be tagged?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2016, 04:16 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

They're cute. Are your presents wrapped and ready to be tagged?
Thanks! Yes, the presents are wrapped, tagged and packaged for delivery (one for the mailman, the rest for my daughter to take back with her to Utah). NOW I can think about cards!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nightmare before xmas

i did what i thought would be a simply card. I think my big shot pro needs a doctor visit, because it seriously has some sweet spot issues. but finally i used wax paper a fresh sheet each time, this metal plate thing and a metal shim and another cutting plate and it mostly worked. still had a few to poke out. someone on here suggested a wet sponge with glue to pounce on the back to cover it with glue (brilliant) and then i used a sock with cornstarch to pounce on the front if there was any sticky. This was not the simply card i planned. and every year i get fewer and fewer cards but i keep sending out the same amount. in 2017 i think i may try to make a few each month. well, that's a good thought anyways!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

I started to more sets of cards, calendars cards and trees... They're for local mailing. I hope to get them done and in the mail this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I send a little under 100 cards every year. I had been doing the Christmas Card challenge here in previous years, but not this year (everything fell apart for me this year). I started mine a little after Thanksgiving and worked on them here and there, and I just finished today. I didn't have to rush or stress (but I did spend most of today signing, stuffing envelopes and affixing postage).

My trick is to make multiples so it can be an assembly line (especially now that I have a MISTI), keep the design simple, and make sure the cards are flat so I don't incur additional postage.

Assembly line pro tip: do all of a task at once. After figuring out the design, I cut the front panels, then I stamped the panels (I had three different variations on the design to keep me from getting bored). I then colored the panels with copics, and found that I could bring them with me to a couple of car service appointments where I sat and finished almost all of the coloring while I would otherwise have not been productive). I then cut the bases, scored the bases, stamped the inside sentiment, stamped my signature stamp on the back, and then affixed the front panel. I print my address labels, but stamp my return address so I did all of the envelopes at once. This year I also added a fun stamp to the outside of my envelope.

It sounds like a lot, but you get into a groove and it goes quickly. The only reason I wasn't finished earlier is because I ordered a new custom signature stamp (finally got the exact logo I wanted for Oddesigns, after 16 years stamping) and it just came on Saturday.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2016, 07:07 PM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

I AM DONE! I've made all the cards I'm going to make this holiday season. I surprised myself by coming up with two more designs in addition to my first card.
One of my cardmaking goals for 2017 is to start in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lovely cards!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I still have to make my Christmas Cards.... Ahhhhhhh!!!! I bought everything I needed - I'm doing the stockings from SU that hang from the fireplace die... I just love the little polka dot stocking. But I'm working on other people's projects instead of my own and I'm afraid I'm going to run out of time. I either have to learn to say I can't do it when other people need my help last minute making crafty gifts or I think I need to take a day off work to craft, lol. Or well... really, make my cards earlier! I love people who make them months early. That is so smart! And this year, only people who I know won't throw away my card are getting a handmade one, lol! I just don't have enough time this year to make as many as usual!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

OMG -- it's the afternoon on the 19th and I am still stamping. Twenty cards left to stamp, then address a bunch and get them in the mail early on the 20th. Hoping for the best.
I need a new system for next year, I am way too stressed out over cards!
Mary Beth

Last edited by lutheran; 12-19-2016 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #55  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
And this year, only people who I know won't throw away my card are getting a handmade one, lol! I just don't have enough time this year to make as many as usual!
This is me too. My list is getting pretty short, considering I have received ONE card so far this year!! Are people just not mailing cards anymore?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

it actually makes me a bit sad. i used to send out 75. this year i sent out 32. i have received exactly 6. in fact, someone said to me a couple of weeks ago, " i can't wait for your xmas cards, i frame them and use them as xmas decorations", ( she must have a little gallery in her house of my cards!) yet in the 15 years i have sent this person a card i have never received on in return. when we got married 9 years ago, my husband left all his friends in NYC, that he had had since jr. high. I felt it necessary to keep in touch, drop them a line, send them bd and xmas cards, so he could maintain those relationships, not anymore. i am not sure those people even know my name! so yes, it just makes me sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 03:20 PM   #57  
Proud Fan Club Member

I find it hard to accept that people choose to stop sending cards. I was shocked years ago when a friend said she was not going to do it anymore. Of course she said she still loved to receive them, lol......But I wasn't laughing. It really upset me for some reason. It used to be a wonderful tradition. I have always loved to send cards and to receive them. It is a good way to keep in touch with people at the very least. I am pretty sure people love to receive a card and like getting some love in the mail.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2016, 03:20 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I feel the same. Tried to keep up the tradition of card sending but alas, it seems I'm the only one who's doing it!! (so then it's not a tradition anymore, right?)

Oh well. Sent out a bunch of Christmas cards to kids at Send Kids The World.com. Found the site a couple of years ago here at SCS. Makes me feel good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

I gave up on making cards this year. I had some that I had previously made, so I just stamped a sentiment inside, signed them and sent them. Like the previous posters, I don't send anywhere near as many as I used to - only a handful of people outside of immediate family. I've only received two cards this year - one from the woman I work for, and one from one of my daughters.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent out about 40 plus 8 for the women in the stamp club. Just remembered another one that's fairly local and I have a card for that, phew! We have received 8. Some of this is due to elderly relatives on very tight budgets so I don't mind that. The married nieces and nephews not communicating does bother me!
Funny thing is our youngest is sending cards to her grandmother and cousins. Not what she would typically do at all so we'll see if she keeps it going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 03:47 AM   #61  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm working on my Christmas cards for next year already and work on them off and on throughout the year, so the week end before Thanksgiving I sit down and address them all, stamped and are ready to put in the mail the day before or else the day after Thanksgiving. Once in the mail I start making my cards for the next year and by the time the first of November rolls around, my cards are finished and can concentrate on holiday baking, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 04:42 AM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

I'll be so glad when December is over. I'm ready for the New Year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 05:45 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only make about 20 cards for close family and a few friends. Most of those don't send cards to me. I still like sending a little hand made lovin' to them. I can echo all the sentiments expressed here. One thing that adds to the time I spend on each card is losing things right on my table! "I know I put that die cut, stamp, paper, down over here so where is it"! LoL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 06:03 AM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
I only make about 20 cards for close family and a few friends. Most of those don't send cards to me. I still like sending a little hand made lovin' to them. I can echo all the sentiments expressed here. One thing that adds to the time I spend on each card is losing things right on my table! "I know I put that die cut, stamp, paper, down over here so where is it"! LoL
Ditto that! I bought several sheets of metallic cardstock from an LSS, put it down, looked through a bunch of DSP to make tea bag "wallets" and *poof* the silver cardstock disappeared.

I finally abandoned the search. Later, when I pulled more DSP from the paper cart, it was behind that DSP. (I think I heard it laughing at me.)

Last week I instantly lost the plastic spoon from an embossing power container, and the top to my tweezers - both within a 3-minute time span.

All this was after I put everything away to have a nice, clear workspace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #65  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I make them. Just have trouble sending them. Give stacks to charities for sale. Give boxes as gifts to others. Just can't seem to address my own and get fhem out. Mailed 14 really necessary ones yesterday and have stacks left as I am a technique junkie.
When I see a technique I want to try, no matter the time of year, I use the technique with sveral seasons or themes. Makes for a messy workroom, but if I remember to file them in the proper place-- I always have something. Now get me to send it🙀😝
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #66  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Ditto that! I bought several sheets of metallic cardstock from an LSS, put it down, looked through a bunch of DSP to make tea bag "wallets" and *poof* the silver cardstock disappeared.

I finally abandoned the search. Later, when I pulled more DSP from the paper cart, it was behind that DSP. (I think I heard it laughing at me.)

Last week I instantly lost the plastic spoon from an embossing power container, and the top to my tweezers - both within a 3-minute time span.

All this was after I put everything away to have a nice, clear workspace.

Hey! I resemble those remarks!!!

And off to the Mom Cave to go make a last minute order for a friend...and no, OUR Christmas cards aren't done yet.

Sigh. Good thing nobody minds getting them after Christmas

Joni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

I'm still 6 cards short! Good thing they're not being mailed. I'll deliver them next week since they're going to be calendar cards. The more calendar cards I make the more I like them.
I am sick of December, I'll be so glad when this month is over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

All stamped by late Monday, addressed and mailed Tuesday morning. DH finished his Wednesday and we have quite a few left to start a collection for next year. I feel like a great weight is lifted off of me and now I can just clean my house a bit and grocery shop and not worry about cards and decorating.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2016, 09:31 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like that Christmas falls on next Sunday. I felt more organized this year because of it--I have the whole week to address envelopes, wrap presents, make the cookies and the food.

Yes, I wish Christmas would always come on a Sunday and that I could always feel this organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2016, 04:54 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm still 6 cards short! Good thing they're not being mailed. I'll deliver them next week since they're going to be calendar cards. The more calendar cards I make the more I like them.
I am sick of December, I'll be so glad when this month is over!
I think that "burnout" is one of the sad by-products of the whole "let's start Christmas while it's still Halloween" mentality that retail has going. While I understand how important the pre-Christmas season is for their bottom line (that's how "Black Friday" got its name, after all), I still lament the days when the big push didn't happen quite so early...

Being empty nesters and not having a lot of people in our immediate circle (we haven't lived here long enough to acquire a lot of friends) helps to keep things relatively calm, and our kids all understand the scaled-down version of Christmas that happens with us, so it takes a lot of pressure off. I send a few things to the grandkids and a little something for their parents, but that's about it. My husband and I don't even exchange gifts - we don't need anything, so we usually save the money for a trip and just spend a nice, quiet Christmas enjoying each other's company. It's lovely...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #71  
Insane Embellisher

oh sue I frigging hate my empty nest. I do enjoy the clean but beyond that I hate it. I like to celebrate big. I work a full tIme day job a part time night job and while I can I will much to my husbands dismay. he would rather not celebrate anything that might require buying something. I love beautiful packages and because none of this is my husbands deal I do it all. now having said that I am on day 14 of pneumonia trying to stay out of the hospital and have all the gifts in the spare room waiting for fancy wrap. not sure how I will pull this off. I got the cards done before I got so sick and that required very little movement. wish me luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
oh sue I frigging hate my empty nest. I do enjoy the clean but beyond that I hate it. I like to celebrate big. I work a full tIme day job a part time night job and while I can I will much to my husbands dismay. he would rather not celebrate anything that might require buying something. I love beautiful packages and because none of this is my husbands deal I do it all. now having said that I am on day 14 of pneumonia trying to stay out of the hospital and have all the gifts in the spare room waiting for fancy wrap. not sure how I will pull this off. I got the cards done before I got so sick and that required very little movement. wish me luck.
Good luck and enjoy the season doing what you love.
Take care of yourself for a healthier New Year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori - I'm so sorry that you're so sick! I hope you get much better very soon! I used to celebrate big, but I became an "empty nester" about 14 years prematurely, and spent a number of years absolutely dreading the holidays (long story - no one needs to hear it...). I've made peace with what is, and moved into trying to create new traditions. Still, no need to go all crazy any more. If any of the kids/grandkids are visiting then I do more. This year will be a quiet one...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2016, 05:28 PM   #74  
Kookie Creator

Well, Lori, there's no way in you know where I'm going to like your post - I hope you can rest, relax, follow your doc's orders and get well so that 2017 begins with easy breathing and healthy lungs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

I second what a few others have said. For next year, try joining the SCS Christmas Card Challenge (you set yourself a monthly quota, there are suggested monthly themes, and lots of support) and if you're a SCS Fan Club member, there is a monthly Christmas challenge on the Fan Club page. And also use the Dare to Get Dirty and Falliday challenges to get some done, as well as any of the weekly challenges that can be adapted to Christmas. I find all this makes it more fun and interesting.

And there are the non-SCS challenges - tons of Christmas ones out there in blog-land that run year round.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

I make christmas cards all year round but I aways fall behind on my tags. This year was no different. I was making tags on Christmas Eve..Oy Vey! Hopefully 2017 will be better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #77  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
I make christmas cards all year round but I aways fall behind on my tags. This year was no different. I was making tags on Christmas Eve..Oy Vey! Hopefully 2017 will be better.

I was, too! And loving it! Yes, not all the packages were wrapped - and for immediate family and the great nieces, I used Kraft Paper - bought on the roll in packing supplies, a cheap and great resource!, chunky red and white twine - nearly 20 yards! - and then decorated with stamps and some d/lded postage stamp kinds of images and colored in with colored pencils. I had such fun. It was creative and relaxing, and filled my afternoon in relaxing ways. Just me in my Mom Cave, doing art. ahhhhhhh...no fuss, no muss. Ok, a lotta muss but the kind that makes me happy - inky fingers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

joniworx...Had to laugh at Mom Cave...Thats what I call my room too. Now that the holiday card rush is done it may just be time to get back in there and do a little cleaning up....Told my hubby if I'm not out by Spring to call in the military! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #79  
Insane Embellisher

I did not get any tags done this year. I wrote on the backs with sharpie. it's the best I could do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 10:03 PM   #80  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
joniworx...Had to laugh at Mom Cave...Thats what I call my room too. Now that the holiday card rush is done it may just be time to get back in there and do a little cleaning up....Told my hubby if I'm not out by Spring to call in the military! LOL
The family room is the man cave...I escape to my happy place, hence the Mom Cave. Happy to know someone else uses it as well! Testosterone free zone!

I spent today cleaning up in there, and it will take tomorrow, too, then a planning calendar, end of the year supply inventory, and I will be set to go to get ready for the new year and markets and sales. My inventory of already made is low, so I need a plan to be in good shape for spring when things really get going for me.
Reply With Quote Likes