Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Help! I'm looking for an idea that my 3rd graders can make for their parents.

Does anyone have a good idea that I could use (involving stamping) for making parent gifts? I would greatly appreciate any ideas!! Thanks so much-
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Check the tutorials on this site. Tons of ideas that I have used for my 7th/8th grade "craft club". Maybe a popcorn slider? some simple gift tags? a bookmark? hanging tag for a water bottle? I kit every project I have the kids make--we only have about 30 min and I want them to take home a completed project. Depending on the number of kids you have and how big of a mess you can tolerate, you may want to cut/stamp some things ahead of time. Don't let them use your "good stuff"!

joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

How about a coaster ornament? Maybe you could even get a restaurant to donate enough coasters for the class. Then cover each side with designer paper.....kids can use glue sticks and just trim off the excess....punch a hole in the top, thread some ribbon through. Let them stamp some sort of greeting and adhere on one side, put their photo on the other side.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be too young for 3rd graders, but I treasure the photo ornaments that my daughter made at school. Very simple, the teacher took the photo on a school program night (the kids were dressed up) and then they just placed them on a piece of cs. I think they would be nice on a coaster and could up the degree of difficulty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

one of the thing i love about parents is anything their kid makes, as long as it was made with love, its the best gift ever. LOL
that being said LOL, how mature are the kids? if the answer is they can be sorta trusted, then heres a project- ornament in a can.
Start with cat food or tuna cans, the kind that had a pop top have minimal chance of injury LOL. Clean em with bleach and soap and let em dry.
the kids can trace and cut a circle of fancy paper and lay it in the back, another circle covers the inside.
use either strips of paper or wide ribbon to cover the part of the can that used to have a label, and the inside of the same....
now if you have a crop o dile, use that to punch a hole at 1/16 to put an ornament hook through. if not, use a hammer and nail.
some of the things that can go in the ornament 'opening' are- styrofoam or cotton ball snowmen, those little ceramic figurinees you get free in tea bags, or even a photo, cut in a circle.
thats the basic setup, of course glitter and doodads can always be added.
-laura s
Reply With Quote Likes