Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile HELP! I CAN'T DECIDE!!!

Less than a month left & I can't decide which of the retiring stamp sets I HAVE to have! You guys are so creative and resourceful so I'm hoping you'll tell me which ones are the best! I'm particularly (but not limited to) interested in "Bug Builders" and "Bold Basics"! Tell me all your favorites and why! (If you would be so kind)!

Thanks again!
~Melanwee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Sorry I don't have either set. Pick the one that is more versatile. Bold Basics seems like it would be. Unless you have kids and could use Bug Builders for cards and scrapbook pages. Another thought would be to go into the gallery and see which set has more samples that you like. I hope I've helped. Dina

Last edited by dgmlmax; 06-10-2005 at 06:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I really like the bug builders (don't have it but have seen some great cards with it). I just made a last minute order and got the paisley print background. There were still a lot of great sets retiring that i wanted-oh to be rich!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

I too just place a last minute order (party) I got
water color garden 2
sparkle
heads up
vertical greatings
letter perfect back ground
and just cause I love them
Terrific tulipd
Definite Daisy
and I really need to be here to hide them when they get here lol
now all my mad money is gone :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Well Melanwee,
I didn't get those sets, but here's what I did order:

Born To Ride, Botanicals, Paisley Background, Fun Phrases, Classic Convertibles, Watercolor Garden 2 and Wonderful Wings

I got the motorcycle and car sets because I don't have a lot of masculine stamps, plus I just bought the stampin wheel with the "making tracks" stamp (I also have two small boys and will be making invitations for parties with it)...my husband loves American Chopper and convertibles so it was a natural...

the Botanicals has been on my mind for some time-never thought I liked it until I went on SplitCoast's gallery (and Paisley for that matter)....I just LOVE to watercolor, and this set, along with wonderful wings is perfect for that...

as for watercolor garden, well you can never have enough flowers right?! Plus the gallery is great for checking out the verstatility of that set...

and Fun Phrases, well I'm not much for stamping INSIDE the cards, but I love a title on the outside-plus I'm a scrapper and it'll be great for certain pages....I also sell cards at school and this fits the bill perfectly!

Tina

MY UPLINE IS A RISING STAR!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I really really want botanicals and the paisly background. But, I'm being stubborn this year and waiting for the new catalogue. I'm not sure why. I just seem to spend way too much and this is my feeble attempt at limiting my spending. Hopefully, there will be someone willing to sell these to me one day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Talking Thanks!!!!

Thank you so much you guys! You're AWESOME! I have decided (for the moment! hee hee) to get Bug Builders since I don't have many "little boy" style stamps. I will also probably get the matching wheel. My other set & matching wheel will probably be Crayon Fun since I have the Crayon Kids. So hard to decide when I want it ALL! LOL

Thanks again my Stampin Sistahs!
~Melanwee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I decided that I HAD to have Wonderful Wings, when I found out it was retiring, and I also use Steppin Style a real lot. It is great for cards for women, as I get the most compliments on those cards when I give them to friends. They all seem to love the shoe cards the best.

I don't have Bug Builders, and contemplated getting it, but I use Bunch 'O Bugs probably the most, so I had to restrain myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I just ordered Bug Builders this weekend, I love bugs! I got the matching wheel too.

The other retiring set that I didn't have that fell into my catagory of have to have that I ordered the weekend before was Stipple Shells and the matching wheel.

Those were the only retring sets I had to had to get. I went through the whole list and looked at each set in the catalog and marked the sets ? (might would like) and * (have to get) and some *? (not sure if I have to get) in the end those were the only ones that were have to get.

Know I just can't wait for the new catalog.

K
Reply With Quote Likes