Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2005, 05:56 AM   #1  
One TOT Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michaels will now honor...

other stores advertised sales. Here is the catch....you have to have the add AND (here is where they saved their butt last week!) they will only honor dollar amounts and not percentages off. For instance - last week they would not honor the 50% off ink pads from Hobby Lobby, but they will honor 12x12 paper 6/$1.00 sale that hobby lobby is having this week.

Just thought I would pass it on. A friend saw it at her Michaels so I called the 2 near my house and they confirmed it so I assume it is all Michaels.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Michaels does the same thing. They will price match on dollar amounts, but NOT percentages. When Hobby Lobby had their 50% off Sizzix sale I called to find out.

Take care, Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 07:44 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AC Moore, on the other hand, has always accepted my %-off coupons from Micheals. Most of my son's Thomas train collection came from Micheal's discount coupons used at AC Moore.

Alyson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 08:25 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I also shop at AC Moore and I actually like it better than Michael's. The honor all the % off coupons from various craft store competitors.

The only catch at the AC Moore store I shop at is you have to put the coupon with the item you want to use it on. One would think they would use the % off coupon on the most expensive item but they don't. If I have the coupon laying on a $5 item they will take the 40% off the $5 item. You have to tell them which item to use it on. Kind of stupid, but that's their rule.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 09:04 AM   #5  
One TOT Mom

I don't have an AC Moore.... :o(

But, Michaels will honor the whole ad, not just one coupon, which is kind of cool. Although, I too am worn out on Michaels....when will they EVER get anything new?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 05:08 PM   #6  
kvb
Rubber Obsessor

Default Michaels, ACMoore and JoAnn Fabric

The Michaels, ACMoore and JoAnn Fabric stores in my area (all with in a 5 mile area of each other) honor each other�s % off coupon for the current week. ACMoore will also honor their competitor�s sale ads (excluding the percent off) plus give you an additional 10% off the item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 08:38 PM   #7  
Sassy Shani

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaMay
I don't have an AC Moore.... :o(

But, Michaels will honor the whole ad, not just one coupon, which is kind of cool. Although, I too am worn out on Michaels....when will they EVER get anything new?!?
Exactly....my Michaels is getting REAL old!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 03:47 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mich3703
I also shop at AC Moore and I actually like it better than Michael's. The honor all the % off coupons from various craft store competitors.

The only catch at the AC Moore store I shop at is you have to put the coupon with the item you want to use it on. One would think they would use the % off coupon on the most expensive item but they don't. If I have the coupon laying on a $5 item they will take the 40% off the $5 item. You have to tell them which item to use it on. Kind of stupid, but that's their rule.
Odd, my ACMoore will automatically take it off the highest price item. I also noticed that their coupon this week was 50%, not 40%. Finally broke down and bought that Sizzix machine, now I have to save up another coupon for a die!

One thing I've found is that ACMoore generally has lower regular prices than Michaels. I bought one of those huge bags of flat backed glass marbles for a magnet project. I paid 40% off coupon price at Michaels, I think they came to about $4.25. Then I went over to ACMoore, and their REGULAR price was $3.88. A significant difference! I also find that ACMoore tends to have a better selection overall than Michaels, at least in my area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 04:02 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

We too have an AC Moore and Michaels. I prefer AC Moore because the people who work there are nicer and the store is newer. Michaels though told me they are planning to revamp their scrapbooking section. I was in Michaels and they will honor the prices in the ad but not %off. I did not get an addl 10% off though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 04:14 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I also noticed there was no Michaels ad this week. The website says to check back for an ad on the 29th. I know a couple of weeks ago, there wasn't an ad either. Wonder why they don't do a consistent weekly ad?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 04:16 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I just went to Michaels and AC More this weekend trying to find dimensional dots that I forgot. AC Moore had them but more expensive than SU. At Michaels they didn't have the size I needed. But low and behold they changed the store and I was just there last Saturday. They have moved everything and I wish I had been there during the week because they must have had a great sale because all there racks were empty. A lot of new stickers etc.
AC moore was empty but usually is on Saturday. That is one reason I don't like it. I can't get in during the week and on the weekend they seem not to restock. Though I did find some really good bargins. The stamp-a -mig is ckeaper at AC moore by a lot. Almost $5.

I also use the coupons no matter where I am. I get Michaels all the time but we don't get the weekly paper so don't often get AC Moore. Though I have to be careful about the pricing at Michaels. Some times it isn't what is on the sale and then I have to have them check but they are really good about it. But it happens to much and it makes me wonder if they justhave incompetent pricers or they do it on purpose. A few pennies here and there make up in volume and if everyone doesn't catch them it could be a lot. But I do love there sales and the folks are far more knowledgeable about what I ask than AC Moore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 04:47 AM   #12  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
Exactly....my Michaels is getting REAL old!!!!
DITTO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 05:37 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymama
I also noticed there was no Michaels ad this week. The website says to check back for an ad on the 29th. I know a couple of weeks ago, there wasn't an ad either. Wonder why they don't do a consistent weekly ad?

They tend not to do ads before holiday weekends...maybe there will be a special coupon for Memorial Day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 08:32 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Unfortunately, whether or not Mike's will take other coupons is a store-by-store basis. Mine won't take JoAnns coupons. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 11:28 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

our Beverly craft center will take other coupons too. for percentage and everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 03:50 PM   #16  
Inking Addict

Just did a survey at Michael's and they paid me for it. They must know people are dissatified.

They finally send their ad with the freebie mail instead of putting it in the newspaper; AC Moore always did this. And if you tell AC Moore that you forgot your coupon they will give you the percentage off just as if you had one. (I really do forget it, not just a ploy)

And I never buy ink pads at Michaels because they are old and dried out.

Hobby Lobby is not in the area where I live, but I got to visit it when I was in Charlotte NC recently; I liked it even better.

~Nancy~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #17  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Michaels

This thread prompted me to go try to price match at my Michaels. I took the Hobby Lobby ad, printed off of my computer. I chose a bunch of ribbon (probably 35 rolls) and went to the cashier with my ad. She deducted 1/2 off every roll of ribbon. I saved a lot of $$$$! The ribbon selection at Mikes is way better than the ribbon at hobby lobby too! I was a happy camper! I called ahead and the mgr just told me to bring the ad.
Reply With Quote Likes