Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #1  
Failed Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring Stampin' Up! to England campaign!!!

On another thread, stampingcaz had the great idea for all the UK SCSers to send a card to Shelli, begging her to expand SU into England. I think it's a fantastic idea and think it would have most impact if we all sent our cards at roughly the same time.

I've made mine - you can view it at Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

So who else is in? If you want to join in, please say so and post a link to your card here.

How about we send the cards on May 31st - that gives us plenty of time to make a card and get our stamping friends to make one, too!

The address to send them to is:

Shelli Gardner
Stampin' UP!
12907 South 3600 West
Riverton, UT 84065

So come on... we need all the help we can get to get SU here in the UK!

Helen

Last edited by Bagpuss; 05-01-2005 at 01:40 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

How clever!
I'll support my UK sisters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #3  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrysmom
How clever!
I'll support my UK sisters!
Thanks Nancy! I never even thought of getting support from the US and Canada, but the more the merrier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow,

Card is gorgeous. Staying with mum and dad for the long weekend, will definitely get onto it when I get back from Wales. I am seriously suffering from crafting withdrawal symptoms.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Wink

Dear Hemeynell

You likely already know about this site, but if you don't here is a little something from Canada sent your way. Thanks for your kind comments on my card today...Rebecca

ps...this site has some good ideas we can adapt for the north american market...

pss..I hope you get your wish for Stampin Up to get to the UK.

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/INDEX.htm

my gallery
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #6  
Failed Lurker

Okay, so that's three cards so far - thanks for the support!

But I'm sure we can do better than that! Where are all the other UK SCSers??? Away for the Bank Holiday??

Thanks, Rebecca - yes Hobbycraft website has some good ideas, but I don't visit it often. I wonder why that is? Perhaps it's because I'm here all the time!!!

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 02:23 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

You know I'm there with you! I will also ask my good friends (name dropping now) Julie Hickey and Kim Reygate to make cards as well, they both have SU stamps (from who I wonder??) and I'll also ask my stamping friends in my group.

Will let you know how I get on.
Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 03:28 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Support for Overseas Demos

I live in Qatar and am seriously thinking of becoming a demo this summer when I return to the US for vacation. I am prohibited from selling here, so for the time being, I'll just be buying my own supplies.

I know SU would do well here.... I'll send my card too! Count me in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 08:40 AM   #9  
Failed Lurker

BUMP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

This may sound like a stupid comment, but I though Stampin' up was going international. I assumed that meant Europe. Maybe not?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #11  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn g
This may sound like a stupid comment, but I though Stampin' up was going international. I assumed that meant Europe. Maybe not?
When I emailed them about that, they said they only had plans for Quebec so far, and added: "Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer any information regarding if and when we will be able to start doing business in the United Kingdom."

That was in March, so it's not looking good for the UK. And think how long it's taking to go into Quebec since the launch in Canada!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 01:36 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Default On the scrounge

I think its a brilliant idea. As long as Alli either buys me some stamps for my birthday or lets me borrow hers (hint hint) then I'm in. I've never had anything on a gallery before - any tips?

I think this will beat Avon and chocolate as my idea of heaven!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Well.... with Hemeynell's most recent comments, I think the cards to SU idea is a futile effort. Having said that, I would like to still participate. Honestly, they may not even realize how many people are actively stamping overseas.

What I really don't understand is why they (at least) won't allow demos to sell and then maybe put the requirement of no direct overseas shipments. In other words, several of my friends utilize intermediary freight forwarders like www.aramex.com to purchase goods from stores like Lands End, Best Buy, etc. It costs a premium, but that may be the way to go for legal reasons.

Hemeynell: Are there some stores with at least adhesives, non-SU papers, etc near London? I ask since my husband is often there on business. Thanks!

Hi Fiona: Is this the same Fiona from Sienna Plantation? If so, what a Small World, isn't it? Good to see you involved in this thread! I just posted my first cards in the gallery. I know you have some very beautiful cards, so you absolutely must! I figure too it's one way to ease the stress of giving away a beautiful card. That was my problem, I didn't want to give any of mine away! The only real tip is to crop your photo within your own photo editor program and resave it so only the card is showing. Maybe write down your ink/paper colors before you sit down and then it walks you through the rest. Let me know when you do.

Take care,

Last edited by Margaret64; 05-02-2005 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 05:47 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Default Wrong Fiona

Sorry Margaret - wrong Fiona

I'm from Kent in the UK - where is Sienna Plantation?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 06:16 AM   #15  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret64
Well.... with Hemeynell's most recent comments, I think the cards to SU idea is a futile effort. Having said that, I would like to still participate. Honestly, they may not even realize how many people are actively stamping overseas.
It's never futile - if we make ourselves heard, they might realise just how many of us are out here and bring SU to England quicker than planned. And if they don't, well, Shelli will have some nice cards to look at. It's got to be worth a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret64
Hemeynell: Are there some stores with at least adhesives, non-SU papers, etc near London? I ask since my husband is often there on business. Thanks!
Yes, we can buy everything here, it's just expensive! But we really want Stampin' Up! stuff because it's nicer... and all the colours match... and I want to be a demonstrator and there are no other companies that do that... and, well, anyone on here will tell you why we want SU!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Fiona and London

Fiona: yes, wrong Fiona. I have a friend Fiona who lived near me in Houston, Texas. She is from the UK and is in the process of moving back this summer. I don't recall which city though...

Yes, I do agree that the overseas / UK voice needs to be heard. It's just judging from reading the other posts about how long other countries took (like Quebec! - still laughing about that one!) I wouldn't expect anything to happen soon anyway.

About non-SU stuff, I still buy non-SU papers for my daughters, ages 5 and 8. They make more cards than me! Also always looking for cool embellishments. I'm tickled though, I just found a scrapbooking store in Dubai and I'm going there in 3 weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Uk and Stampin' Up!

I've just got back from a 2week visit to the UK though not to London, I was in Devon and Swansea. Since I was last there less than 6 months ago there's been a whole explosion of crafting, stamping and other card making stuff in several of the stores such as Lakeland and the Range to name just two. I'm not sure that Stampin' Up! would have place in the market or if it did, it would be more of a challenge and maybe not as easily profitable as in Canada and the USA. Don't get me wrong, I'm an SU addict! My daughter is an avid cardmaker and crafter and was not really that interested in all my SU stuff I took to show and share with her. She likes the stuff that she has easily and quickly available and is not into the 'party plan' business. Also things are not as expensive there now as they were when she first started taking an interest in making her own cards. Actually I have to admit I bought a whole load of varying items back that I've not seen over here to add that little extra to cards when I'm not restricted by using SU stuff!! Really I only 'scratched' the surface of what's available in the UK now! So although I sort of agree it would be great to have SU in the UK I think you may be fighting a losing battle simply because of the market place. Good luck anyway.

Lily_Louise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 12:49 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Creative Memories are here in the UK, I believe it has taken them some time to get going, my friend Annie joined in the beginning and stuck with it whilst it took off, its doing much better now and she a Director!

I run a stamping group, of approx 16 women, they would all love stampin Up! here. Also where I used to work at the Craft Barn then constantly run beginners classes full of 12 people, these are full and taught at least once if not twice a month, so I definately see the interest is here. (And this has been the case since I worked there and is still going strong)

Of course there will not be anywhere near the numbers as in the US, seeing the size of us compaired!! LOL but we certainly do have crafters here, stampers here and I think we need something different and refreshing.

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily_Louise
I've just got back from a 2week visit to the UK though not to London, I was in Devon and Swansea. Since I was last there less than 6 months ago there's been a whole explosion of crafting, stamping and other card making stuff in several of the stores such as Lakeland and the Range to name just two. I'm not sure that Stampin' Up! would have place in the market or if it did, it would be more of a challenge and maybe not as easily profitable as in Canada and the USA. Don't get me wrong, I'm an SU addict! My daughter is an avid cardmaker and crafter and was not really that interested in all my SU stuff I took to show and share with her. She likes the stuff that she has easily and quickly available and is not into the 'party plan' business. Also things are not as expensive there now as they were when she first started taking an interest in making her own cards. Actually I have to admit I bought a whole load of varying items back that I've not seen over here to add that little extra to cards when I'm not restricted by using SU stuff!! Really I only 'scratched' the surface of what's available in the UK now! So although I sort of agree it would be great to have SU in the UK I think you may be fighting a losing battle simply because of the market place. Good luck anyway.

Lily_Louise
Hey Lily-Louise
I hope you had a good time in Swansea. I grew up in Port Talbot just along the coast from Swansea. I have just spent the weekend there visiting my mum and dad.
I think there would be a place for Stampin Up. I buy most of my stuff from the US because I still consider UK prices too high compared to the States. We are still paying twice what you do in most cases.
Also, my favorite thing about Stampin Up is that everything matches. In the sets you get sayings with stamps and you get 6 or 7 in a set in some cases up to 12 or 14, so there is far more versatility.
The real genius of Stampin Up in my opinion though is that the inks match the papers and all the accessories match these. We don't have anything like that over here. It is really annoying when you spend hours making a card for the ink to be a slightly different color to the paper. It spoils the professional look we are all looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #20  
Failed Lurker

Smile

I think we all know it's a bit of a long shot to expect SU to come to England based on a few cards sent to Shelli, but can't we just think positively about this and just TRY IT? If everyone gave up on their campaigns because "it might not work", nothing would ever get done! I really don't mean to be rude (honestly!), but I think this thread is in danger of losing its way a little - all we are doing is asking for support in this light-hearted venture.

So, how many cards do we have so far? I think I can get 7 sent from our stamping group, then there's Nancy (henrysmom), Ally, Caz +2, Margaret64 and Fiona... that's 14 so far. Any more takers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

(bump)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 02:00 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up We want SU in ENGLAND

Cardmaking and scrapbooking has really taken off in England. I live in Derbyshire which is sited in the middle of England and I can think of at least 7 places where I can buy stock etc to make cards and scrapbook. But I cannot find any company in England like SU. Their stamps are of very high quality and as previously stated everything co-ordinates!!! Why would it be futile for them to come to England? Tupperware was very successful in the UK when trading I went to several parties and not everyone likes cooking!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 06:59 AM   #23  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisonrichardson
Cardmaking and scrapbooking has really taken off in England. I live in Derbyshire which is sited in the middle of England and I can think of at least 7 places where I can buy stock etc to make cards and scrapbook. But I cannot find any company in England like SU. Their stamps are of very high quality and as previously stated everything co-ordinates!!! Why would it be futile for them to come to England? Tupperware was very successful in the UK when trading I went to several parties and not everyone likes cooking!!!
So can we count on your support Alison? Will you be making a card to send to Shelli?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 07:16 AM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Cool

You bet I will be sending a card to Sheilli and so will my daughter who is only 11. She loves making cards etc and could be a future demonstrater for SU if they expand to England.
Reply With Quote Likes