Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2004, 05:23 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever make a card...

...That you're not satisfied with so you keep changing it and the more you change it the more unsatisfied you are? Well, my Christmas card is making me crazy!!! I've changed the design and the colors and I've spent way too much on it so it's going to be what it is - but I'm still not satisfied with it.
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 05:32 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

UGH! I hate when that happens...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I know that sometimes I become so obsessed with making the "perfect" card that I find myself not satisfied with anything I do. But we need to keep in mind that we are not making a card for someone to judge, we are making a card to show someone that we care about them. The fact is, people will be thrilled to receive any homemade card and will most likely not give any thought to how "perfect" it looks. So just stop changing it and mail it out! Otherwise you are likely to not have any cards to mail because they can never be perfect enough!!! I think of it as sending a little love in an envelope
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 05:39 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Oh that is so frustrating!

I usually set it aside and clean my area, browse through some stamping mags for inspiration, go on SCS!!!! or something to clear my mind. And sometimes I just throw that card aside to start over!!!! I have a whole drawer of bits and parts that I've started but wasn't satisfied with and I still can't throw them away!
I used to have a friend (she moved) who would come over and just go through that drawer, pull stuff out, and then make the prettiest cards! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

grr...that drives me crazy! i will try to fix the card, but after a wbile i will just put it away and maybe if i look at it later i will get an idea....and i will just star something different. GOOD LUCK!!

Allie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2004, 02:43 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Default oh yah!

I hate when that happens. My advise is to remenber that you are your own worst critic, so leave it alone and let everyone else ooh, and ahh, because guaranteed they will LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2004, 06:27 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I always hate it when I find myself making the same kind of card each time I sit down...... And then when I try to add something to make it different, it just goes down the tubes and it turns into a big bad mess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

one of my few cards that did get mailed was cute but a reject so I sent it to my sister and wrote a funny note to my two nephews. The glue ran on the nose so the blue ink was kind of shiny and added an extra dimensional blob to the red rhinestone nose if you get my drift... I added a note to my ten-year old nephew about this is what hapens when it is so cold your nose freezes and threw it in the mail.

She thanked me for the fabulous card and said she was showing it to Everybody that came over! they all LOVED It. I said oh they liked the note? Not one person had noticed the glue glob that I thought should have been in the trash! But she had wondered why I put that in the card LOL

So think of the thoughtfulness of your ray of sunshine(or snowflake) and send them out. Hmm maybe people would believe these cards have been lost in the mail for a week....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2004, 07:21 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

You are totally right---- no one but you knows that it's not supposed to have turned out the way it did!
And---- beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2004, 07:43 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Group Leader

Sometimes I will take a card like this and show it to another stamper friend for critique... sometimes it is just one element that is missing or needs a change. You could always post it for suggestions if you have a way to do that! At a Convention a while back they talked about doing successful cards using the BLT sandwich to remember all the necessary elements and I go back to this example. Backgrounds, layering, techniques and then they add avocado...Accessories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2004, 08:42 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

I appreciate all of your comments. I did go ahead and mail these out in time for Christmas. I never did feel satisfied with them. I asked my husband several times for suggestions but he always liked them the way they were.

I showed the card to my SU demo and she liked it. And since sending them I've received positive comments except from my younger daughter who lovingly told me she felt it wasn't my best work. She knew I wanted an honest opinion (not that others didn't give an honest opinion). My other daughter liked the card but said she thought she could see why I might not like it - she felt it looked quite masculine.

I did all the sandwich steps - even though I've not heard that term before. And I guess, in my vanity, I was afraid to post a pic of it. I posted the first version and then was upset with myself for doing it because I really didn't like the first one. Hopefully if I ever post more I will be able to see a growth in my skills.

Good suggestion, however, to post a pic of a card and ask all the wonderful experts here for advise. I'm so in awe of some of the cards that are in the gallery, here.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes