Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad but true

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiKView Post
Yeh...I'd like to hear this story too...I've been missing a night of navy stamp pad for sooo long that I bought a new one....I think there is a stamping fairy who is enjoying our stuff!
Maybe one day I'll be able to laugh at this story.

When I first started buying nesties, I bought the 4-packs - large & small plain ovals and large & small scallop ovals, etc. One day, I started to use one of the ovals and discovered there were only 3 oval sets in the box. Over the next several weeks, I searched high and low for those nesties. I cleaned off my desk, searched in drawers and looked in all the cabinets in my craft room. Since I store the nesties in CD cases, I even looked where I store my music CDs and where I keep extra empty CD cases. Searched all over the house. No ovals to be found anywhere.

This was getting serious now. But wait. Hadn't a friend in my stamp group asked to borrow a set of ovals for a Christmas project she was working on? She had ordered the ovals but wanted to work on her project before she received them. I was a little to reluctant to lend them out, but she is very reliable, so I took them to her at one of our meetings. I was even able to calculate that it would have been either the October or November meeting. So I contacted my friend to ask about them. She says, no, she didn't borrow them. Now I never for a moment considered that she would try to "steal" them from me. I just thought that she had forgotten. Later I asked her about them again. Again, she says no. I'm still convinced that she has simply forgotten about borrowing them, I figure that one day she'll be cleaning in her craft room and come across them, and we'll have a good laugh about it.

I have this detailed scenario running around in my head, and my friend is adamant that it's not true. So OK, I must be mistaken. Someone else in my group must have borrowed them. So I asked. But no, they all say they didn't borrow the dies.

So by this time, I have accepted the fact that no one borrowed my ovals. I can't count the number of times in my life that I've lost something and bought a new one only to find the original buried somewhere in my house. So I decide to replace the dies, figuring that sometime in the near future I would own 2 sets of that particular oval. So replace them, I did. Still have not found the originals. They must have been accidently knocked into the trash and got thrown out. I don't keep my trash can in the safest place and have had to dig some things out before they got tossed. I am reconciled they are gone for good.

Eventually I reached the point that I didn't care about the dies themselves, I just wanted someone to collaborate my memory of lending them out. I REALLY needed someone to agree to my story. My conclusions about the whole scenario of lending out my nesties: 1) I dreamed about lending them and later could not distinguish the dream from reality. or 2) I made up the whole story about someone borrowing the dies. Either way, the inescapable conclusion is that I am totally loony and need to be committed. I promise to go quietly. And yes, I do manage to hold down a full-time job. Glad I just signed my contract for the next year. If anyone from work reads this post, my contract won't be renewed.

StamperDea
Insanity isn't as much fun as I thought it would be.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member

StamperDea, I LOVED your story. I have many mysteries in my craft room as well... things do show up in the strangest places...sometimes weeks, months and even years later (AND sometimes never.. so I have to believe those have gone the way of the trash can) so I hope you have resolution some day.

MY latest thing is that I have ordered the latest Spellbinder Marvelous Squares and the order has arrived but a week later when I went to use them, no Marvelous Squares. I seem to have the Equisite Circles (which I did NOT order, but I did consider it at one point) and NO Marvelous Squares. Of course I have gotten rid of the paperwork and the packaging. My online reciept shows they sent me the Marvelous Squares. I have not had the circles on order with anyone so they must have come from the place I was supposed to get the squares...Confused? You see when I got the order I did have several orders coming from different places so I just unpacked and put away the order away when it came. Silly me for not checking it against the paperwork (lesson learned). I am now trying to convince them to let me buy the squares at the same great price as when I originally ordered them (and I also had free shipping). SO far they have not answered either my email or my phone call. It probably is a done deal. Circles are O.K. but I really wanted the squares... AND I KNOW I have not lost them... I never recieved them...

It is a good thing I am not up for another year contract... it would be a done deal with that as well....

Smiles,
Peggy

"She who lives with the most JOY wins!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

My daughter does this all the time!!! She will holler "where is the ____?" and it always seems to be right there in front of her, on the counter, next to the bread. So that's what we say now when we can't find something - "it's on the counter, right next to the bread."

Seriously, I have put something down and within seconds it's gone. I just imagine it's some person on the other side playing games because they can. After searching I will finally say "OK, you had your fun. Put it back - NOW!" It's amazing how quickly those lost things show up when you use your "mom is mad" voice out loud.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gosh, I save all my receipts. I just stick them in a binder in a page protector as I open my boxes. It's helped me more than once when I realized (usually not right away) that an order was incorrect or missing something because I could email with date and order number. It's also solved those mysteries of "Why they send me THIS?" (because you accidentally ordered it, duh) or "Why did they send me TWO of these?" (because you weren't paying attention as you were flinging things in your online cart and ordered two, duh). And someday I'll add up ALL my receipts and be, I don't know, amazed/shocked/stunned to see that what is sitting in my craft room could have bought me a new compact car!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
And someday I'll add up ALL my receipts and be, I don't know, amazed/shocked/stunned to see that what is sitting in my craft room could have bought me a new compact car!
Ouch!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Someday! I didn't say now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #47  
Glitter Guru

You're right. Denial is sometimes the only sane course of action.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

This thread makes me feel so much better. I think the one thing I hate about paper crafting is looking for stuff. Things seem to vanish in mid air, seconds after you handle them! I lost a clear stamp one day that I needed to complete a card. I ruined my day looking for it and finally gave up. Found it about 6 months later stuck in the pages of a scrapbook. How did it get in there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Dare I mention that I have 5 kitties? I will walk into my crap room and find stuff knocked all over the floor. I am still missing a tote bag - of all things!

It is my favorite and I always take it on vacation as my "purse" on the airplane.

I have not seen it since July. I know it is somewhere - it is a large quilted bag!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
Dare I mention that I have 5 kitties? I will walk into my crap room and find stuff knocked all over the floor. I am still missing a tote bag - of all things!

It is my favorite and I always take it on vacation as my "purse" on the airplane.

I have not seen it since July. I know it is somewhere - it is a large quilted bag!
LOL
I know it isn't funny. But where do these things go?! I don't know how much time I waste looking for things. It is comforting to see I am not alone!

Thank you StamperDea for sharing! It is good therapy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
LOL
I know it isn't funny. But where do these things go?! I don't know how much time I waste looking for things. It is comforting to see I am not alone!

Thank you StamperDea for sharing! It is good therapy!

And I didn't mention that i haven't seen my SU real red ink pad is about 4 years and I can't find an 8 1/2 x 11 set of clear stamps since my recent "clean and organize" session. :
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #52  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that 7kidsCollegeFund.com is where I had the mixup with the squares and circles (read a few posts above) and they were so cool, sent me the squares and a return label for my OPENED and only partial packaged circles to send back. I was very impressed that they did it no questions asked and it didn't cost me any money in postage for the exchange! They will certainly get more of MY business.

I found my long lost Wild card Cartridge handbook in a really wierd place...still no pointsettia's :-(

Peggy

"She who lives with the most JOY wins!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Peggy..so glad you found the Wild card cartridge. My finder angel is still working on your poinsettias..okay?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is hilarious. Next time I start frantically looking for something, I can tell DH that I'm not the only one!!! But what I really CAN'T understand is how I can lose something WHILE I;m working on it. That happens a lot: I haven't moved, I haven't thrown anything away, but I can't find it at all. I've got some stamps I've lost, ribbon, cut-out dies, and lots more. I think there's a wicked little genii who watches me work, then steals things when I'm distracted!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #55  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

I'm loving this thread, and I can SO relate! Currently among the missing- a set of tag dies. I wasn't SURE that I had even bought it (who keeps track, right?), and was getting ready to start looking for a good deal on the set (I have a set of stamps designed to go with the dies) when I came across some test cuts I must have made when the dies first came in. OK, so I do own the dies, but I cannot find the dratted things anywhere. If the angel could visit Kansas, I'd appreciate it!
And the memories you guys have got stirring for me! Back when I still lived with my parents, our cranky old cat Sabrina apparently played counter hockey with all my brand new make up, scoring goals into the bathroom waste basket. When I couldn't find any of my new stuff, I accused my mother of having done away with it. She pointed out it was garbage day, and maybe I ought to race the garbage truck to our can. Right she was- I retrieved the plastic bag from the bathroom basket, and there were all my brand new cosmetics! Bad Cat!!!! (Sabrina was something of a character- tiny, mean, and very opinionated- if Mom went to the potty in the morning before going to the kitchen to feed the cat, the little snot would bite Mom's ankles bloody while Mom was on the potty! And she would paw open the linen closet bi-fold doors, and make herself at home in the clean fluffy towels- try drying yourself on something the cat slept on- YUCK!)

Reply With Quote Likes