Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Edmonton PTI lovers?

Hey!

I realllllllllly want to place an order with PTI, but would love to go in with someone in my area so that we can save on shipping - especially if we go over $200 ($20 credit)! Would anyone be interested?

Thanks!
Shelby
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I might be interested, but don't know whether I will spend $100. I really want the quilting stamp set. I'm in Calgary. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

In case you haven't seen this thread in the PTI forum, and it may be of interest to you, it says...

I have started a small venture that will help some of you afford the shipping charges outside of the US. I will gift wrap and send your items to you via First Class International, with insurance, for a small fee. I am doing this in the hopes that you can afford to spend more on your order and less on shipping, and if it's a gift you will be able to save money on duty, etc.

If you're interested in taking this person up on their offer, send me a message and I'll point you in the direction of the thread.

Keep in mind, you'll only have to place a $50 order for it to be shipped to this person at no charge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island ChickView Post
In case you haven't seen this thread in the PTI forum, and it may be of interest to you, it says...

I have started a small venture that will help some of you afford the shipping charges outside of the US. I will gift wrap and send your items to you via First Class International, with insurance, for a small fee. I am doing this in the hopes that you can afford to spend more on your order and less on shipping, and if it's a gift you will be able to save money on duty, etc.

If you're interested in taking this person up on their offer, send me a message and I'll point you in the direction of the thread.

Keep in mind, you'll only have to place a $50 order for it to be shipped to this person at no charge.
interesting...anyone planning on using this service???

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Suzanne,

I would love to share an order with you, but due to you being in Calgary, I'm not sure that it would actually save us any money, depending on how much it would cost to ship to Calgary from Edmonton...

Island Chick & Alanna,

I found the thread mentioned and I'm certainly interested... but also a little skeptical, as the thread was locked and she asked people to message her - therefore I don't know if anyone has used her service successfully. It *could* theoretically be a scam, could it not?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I too want to place a PTI order. I don't know if I'd trust that service that person is offering, since I don't know her personally.

I've been thinking of teaming up with one or two others to place an order as well. Either here in Leth, or with those in Calgary (as I go up there often).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2008, 06:39 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi,
I am in Calgary and would be interested in teaming up with other Calgarians ( Lethbridge too, if you come into Calgary once in a while) to split shipping. I probably won't do an order till September or October. DH works for American Airlines and the airline is not going so great, same as all the other airlines. Must keep down the spending until he knows a bit more of what will happen with AA.

But if I could split shipping, I could do a smaller order, which would be nice! Just PM me if you are interested.

(last order I did was exactly 100$, so I got the 10$ back...so 13$ for shipping...I could live with this, but it is the duty charges that get me too).

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"

Last edited by denidill; 07-16-2008 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Come on, Edmonton ladies! I know you're out there! You can't ALL be loyal SU fans... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

btt...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidiculouslyAddictedView Post
Suzanne,

I would love to share an order with you, but due to you being in Calgary, I'm not sure that it would actually save us any money, depending on how much it would cost to ship to Calgary from Edmonton...

Island Chick & Alanna,

I found the thread mentioned and I'm certainly interested... but also a little skeptical, as the thread was locked and she asked people to message her - therefore I don't know if anyone has used her service successfully. It *could* theoretically be a scam, could it not?

You bring up a good point. There's always a risk when dealing with people you don't know, and it requires even more trust on the buyers part when they don't have any idea if others have used the service and if this person is honest.

One could post a message in the PTI forum asking if anyone has used this person's service, or ask this person to provide contact information of those who have used the service. But, there would be no way of knowing for sure whether or not those people really used it or if they're just friends of this person who are willing to lie.

You could ask if the person is a seller on eBay and check their feedback. But, again, the person could give you someone elses eBay ID.

If it is a scam, I'm sure someone would bring it to Nicole's attention and the thread would be removed right away. But, someone would have to get scammed first before that would happen... nobody wants to be the first person to find out of course!

If the order is paid for though Paypal, would the buyer be protected at all???

Hey... I just realized something! I don't think USPS offers insurance for packages that are sent by First Class International anymore! It would have to be sent by Priority... there goes your savings on shipping! I wonder if this person is aware of that???

If anyone does take this person up on their offer, and is willing to take the risk of entering a "partnership" with them, don't pay extra for insurance and know that if PayPal doesn't offer any kind of buyer protection, then you're on your own!

Sigh... I'm sorry I even mentioned this person's thread. Sorry everyone... I thought I was being helpful. Lesson learned... I'll be more careful next time. :(
Reply With Quote Likes