Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2005, 03:56 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone store the greetings from the stamp sets separately?

I have about 35 or so sets and realize there is no way I am going to a) get rid of any of them, and b) sit down to stamp all the stamps from each set to organize them.

I was thinking of taking all the "word" stamps from all the sets and keeping them in a few separate boxes so I would have all my greetings together. Now I know they are supposed to "go" with certain sets, but there have been so many times I have wanted a greeting and not wanted to paw through all the boxes of sets to get it out.

Has anyone else done this? It sounds like it would be so much easier when I make a card.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

This sounds likea great idea! You can buy the empty stamp boxes and store your greeting stamps in these. I'm sure I would get a lot more use out of the various word/phrase stamps if I had them all together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep my greetings stamps in a plastic 3 drawer case that I got at Bi-Mart. I keep the case on top of the book case where I store my stamp sets. I find this system much, much easier to find what I need quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I think it would be a good idea as long as you only had a few sets but eventually as you grow it could pose problems. I notice all the time when people are trading they are missing stamps and I wonder if that might come from not keeping sets indexed and together. Just a thought.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 06:43 PM   #5  
PAPER SCAPER

I keep all my greetings separate also. I do the scan of the labels before mounting them put it in the stamp set case so I know what stamp is missing from the set and where I can find it. If the sets name isn't to long I just write it on the stamp block in pencil. It�s much easier to find a greeting when I want it. Works better for me this way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
I keep all my greetings separate also. I do the scan of the labels before mounting them put it in the stamp set case so I know what stamp is missing from the set and where I can find it. If the sets name isn't to long I just write it on the stamp block in pencil. It�s much easier to find a greeting when I want it. Works better for me this way.
Thanks for the tip. I've considering separating my greetings but was afraid I wouldn't know where it went if I wanted to later sell a set. You have a great system!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 04:16 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep my only " greetings " sets together. But sets that have 1 greeting in them, I stamp the greeting on a paper and label the set it came from and then reference my stamped paper if I am looking for a greeting. I am way to anal to break apart my SU sets. I started doing this at Christmas time so I knew all the sentiments I had by just glancing at my full stamped paper sheet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 06:50 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Joni, I think I do the same thing as you. I keep all my stamps together in the set they came from. I have reference sheets for the greeting that I use the most: Happy Birthday, Thank You etc. and I keep these sheets in a binder right next to my stamp table. When I'm looking for a greeting I just pull out my binder and have a look. I think this method is even handier than separating the greetings from their stamp set.

Take care, Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 07:00 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

That's what I do, too, except I have a reference sheet for every stamp set I own, and keep them in a binder that is organized by subject matter. If a set fits in two categories (like "floral" and "greeting") I just make two copies of the reference sheet & put it in both sections of the binder. It makes it very easy to find just the right stamp that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qbee
Joni, I think I do the same thing as you. I keep all my stamps together in the set they came from. I have reference sheets for the greeting that I use the most: Happy Birthday, Thank You etc. and I keep these sheets in a binder right next to my stamp table. When I'm looking for a greeting I just pull out my binder and have a look. I think this method is even handier than separating the greetings from their stamp set.

Take care, Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Mostly near Cincinnati but Gulf Shores, AL in the wintertime 😎
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qbee

Take care, Brenda

This is what I do too. NO WAY would I take all my stamps with greetings/words out of their sets! Having a reference sheet works just as well and not having to try to piece sets back together later for whatever reason. Just my humble opinion...
stampingnut

If it doesn't move, STAMP it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes