Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any one make cards to sell?

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. I need to get more experience & practice in making cards before I start doing it though. But I am just wondering IF anyone sells their cards and if so how did you get started and how do you do it? Craft fairs, EBay?

How do you know how to price the cards? Is it profitable?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

First off, you need to make sure that whatever stamp company images you are using allows you to sell your cards in the various ways you are considering. They all have Angel Policies and this is a great site for that info:

http://www.littlebit.com/angelList/a...stcomplete.htm

Once you know the rules, it is easy. Just head on out there and sell them. I sell my cards for about $3 retail. Really involved cards with lots of embellishments I will price up to 44. The cards include envelopes and a clear plastic bag that I display them in. I don't make a ton of money this way for the amount of work I put in for selling them etc. What I prefer to do is sell my cards wholesale to local shops. I get a smaller amount of the money (only $1.50 per card) but I don't have to do the selling. Which makes the time and effort I put into it less as well.

Hope this all helps. Good luck.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2005, 12:19 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Selling Cards

I've seen a number of threads on this topic. I think the general thought is, it depends on where you live as to what you can charge. I sell my cards at work, in Lansing Michigan and sell them for $2.50, however, I know someone in Adrian Michigan who was suprised that I was able to get that much for them. I started selling them for $1.50 and after a few months, raised my price to $2.50 with no complaints. I've had some people lay down as much as $5 for one of my cards and refusing change back. Some of my cards cost me more to make than others, but I figure in the long run it all washes. I am very careful about the number of embellishments that I put on a card (brads, eyelet, charms and conchos can all add up).

As for what I do. I package 1 card and 1 envelope in a large flat cello bag, and store them in a box at my desk with dividers for card categories. This way when people look at them they don't grubby them up. It would have been nice to have been given this suggestion before I put my cards out, but It's been suggested to me that I would include something that shows what words are stamped on the inside of the card. Great idea, I'll be doing for round 2 of cards that I put out. For what I spend on the cellos, I figure if someone buys a card, they can keep the cello. That way it gets home safe and sound. If they don't want the cello, by all means, I'll take it. I do custom orders to, to some degree, but have found sometimes this can be a pain....Don't bend over backwards for something that you are just not feeling....Usually, I'll ask people for color preferences or things that the receipient like and then I make a card or 2 with the info they give me. My policy is, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I may be able to tweek it for you or I may not be able to handle that order. I've had people look at my box of cards and asked for 10 of 1 card. I do those special orders too, but I get really bored with assembly line work, and would like not to do more than 10 of the same card. But that obviously is dependant on the stamper, some don't seem to mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Hello... I have been doing craft fairs for the past 4 years now....I started out selling my cards for a $1.00 a card back in the day...Now that I have hooked everybody my price has gone up. Plain cards are $1.75
1-embellishment $2.00
2-different embellishments or lots of coloring or work $2.25
3- major coloring and lots of embellishments $3.00- $4.50
Prices include envelope only...I have placed every card and envelope in a clear card jacket andprice the jacket according to amount of work. the jackets are .25 cents more if they want them...usually they don't. I have a very large show that I'm getting ready for right now that Isn't until Oct.22-23...and I have around 8000 cards made!!!!small show I usually hae around 2500 cards...but this is the biggest show in the state of Iowa...If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help....

Last edited by Julzz; 09-19-2005 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: forgot to add:
Reply With Quote Likes