Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Do you have a fav you DON'T own? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-you-have-fav-you-dont-own-248280/)

Scrapping&Stamping 05-11-2007 06:01 PM

Mixed Bouquet...I have so many flower sets, do I NEED another one? Probably...I also like Big Blooms..

cookiestamper 05-11-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karcher70
For me its the Gnome sets. I don't know why, but they just speak to me! :D I will definitely be getting at least one of them now!

I did NOT like those gnomes when they came out. But the past week I have been wanting them.....ugh....LOL. I also have been eyeing Do The Hula for a looong time.

jm_donahoe 05-11-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapping&Stamping
Mixed Bouquet...I have so many flower sets, do I NEED another one? Probably...I also like Big Blooms..

Oh I forgot about Big Blooms! Jenn Balcer's Gallery really makes me want that one!

paperhead 05-11-2007 06:43 PM

Wild about You! I just love the googly eyes on the alligator cards! And my oldest daughter's school mascot is gators...but the youngest one will go to a different school, so I have a hard time justifying it.

BTW I love, love, love Petal Prints, it totally magnifies my puny little efforts into something great!

StampinAK 05-11-2007 07:31 PM

Wow, I'm right in with the majority on Petal Prints. I've not played with the set, but all the samples are great! I also have Best of Cluck on my list to buy. Definately out of my "normal" realm, but I have so enjoyed all the cards I've seen on this site. Now, I've gotta have it. :)

thecardpixie 05-11-2007 10:49 PM

Mine was Mixed Bouquet for a loooooong time (like before it even made the big catty), but I finally bought it a couple months ago, and I'm really glad I did! Now I think I'm stalking the Aida Cloth bg stamp. It's not retiring, so I'm safe for awhile.
Also, though it's not SU, I really want just the butterflies from this Autumn Leaves set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Autumn-Leaves-Rh...QQcmdZViewItem

I keep putting off getting it 'cause there's a couple of stamps I know I just wouldn't use....but I loooove those butterflies!

LateBlossom 05-12-2007 03:19 AM

Enabler Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperhead
Wild about You! I just love the googly eyes on the alligator cards! And my oldest daughter's school mascot is gators...but the youngest one will go to a different school, so I have a hard time justifying it.

BTW I love, love, love Petal Prints, it totally magnifies my puny little efforts into something great!

Wild about You is totally versatile--way beyond the alligator! I make all my "kid" birthday cards with it now, and the kids LOVE them, LOL! You can even use the animals for baby cards. They work with any color combo, simple cards or a million layers, name frames, nursery decor, all sorts of stuff. You really do need it, LOL!

bluesh4rk 05-12-2007 05:30 AM

I was like that with Petal Prints, literally forEVER! I finally purchased it though when I saw it was on the retirement list. I got it this week.

eszabo 05-12-2007 06:09 AM

I've haven't gotten around to getting some of the classic sets like Heartfelt Thanks and Lovely as a Tree. They are always the sets that just barely get cut from my shopping list. Maybe someday soon...

heather30 05-12-2007 06:47 AM

Mine was wild about you. I loved all the cards that I saw on here, and when I saw it in the catalog it didn't jump out at me. But after everything I saw here I had to have it! I love the set, and think I'll get a lot of use from it!

jent 05-12-2007 06:52 AM

Having DH in addition to (3) sons the set I've been wanting forever --

CLASSIC PICK UPS!!!!!

Choc0holic 05-12-2007 07:38 AM

Ahoy Matey (with the matching wheel) and Wild About You are at the top of my list. I'm waiting till the new catalog comes out though so I can see if there's something even more 'necessary'. Knowing me I'll probably get them anyway...I'm so weak when it comes to stamps!

jailbirdstamper 05-12-2007 08:11 AM

mine is the soccer set.... I don't know anyone that plays soccer. ... but what if a million years down the road, my children have children and one of them plays soccer and I won't have that set?????

I also like the ahoy matey but knew I would make just one card and then be done with the set....

jailbirdstamper 05-12-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jent
Having DH in addition to (3) sons the set I've been wanting forever --

CLASSIC PICK UPS!!!!!

I love this set too and have yet to buy it!

kingmontmom 05-12-2007 09:18 AM

I really like balmy breezes too, but mostly for the beautiful cards i've seen with the palm tree. I'm still debating petal prints.....

tamiw3p 05-12-2007 02:33 PM

I am leaning toward seaside sketches, I am hoping to get that before long. But I also want the Feathered Friends on too.

Happy Stamping
Tami

scrapshappen 05-12-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossom
Wild about You is totally versatile--way beyond the alligator! I make all my "kid" birthday cards with it now, and the kids LOVE them, LOL! You can even use the animals for baby cards. They work with any color combo, simple cards or a million layers, name frames, nursery decor, all sorts of stuff. You really do need it, LOL!

Wild About You was one of my first purchases and one of my most used sets. Highly recommend it.

But here's another vote for Artfully Asian. Glad they aren't retiring it so I can stalk it a bit longer.

jenguin 05-13-2007 07:21 AM

I deliberated over Ahoy Matey and Matey's Map for awhile, and then my son said the magic words, "Mom, I want a pirate party this year!" I just used it at my kids birthday SAS and everyone loved it - even the moms with only girls!

For me, it's Voila, the chef guy. If he was retiring I think I'd HAVE to have it, but since he's not, I'm waiting to see the new cattie. BTW, I am a demo, so I get in ridiculous amounts of trouble with all those stamps!

P.S. I am getting a TON of use out of Crab & Co. for those on the fence....

mikobean 05-13-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandranet
For some reason, I just love Super Squirrel! It's just some crazy thing. I finally got it because it's retiring and no one I know has it to borrow.

I don't think I 'stalk' any other sets, but I love RIW, too.

:)

You're not the only one! I LOVE that little squirrel and the other stamps too. When I was lamenting about his retiring at stamp club last week, the other girls looked at me like I had three heads. But he is just TOO cute. So I'm getting him before he's gone. Trust me, they'll be jealous..... 8)

Cassandranet 05-13-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikobean
You're not the only one! I LOVE that little squirrel and the other stamps too. When I was lamenting about his retiring at stamp club last week, the other girls looked at me like I had three heads. But he is just TOO cute. So I'm getting him before he's gone. Trust me, they'll be jealous..... 8)

Heh! Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this set! :)

Mine should be here in a week or so. yay!

Kittypaws 05-13-2007 11:03 AM

I don't have any favorites on the retiring list, so I will buy supplies the next couple months. I'm sure there will be a gazillion new favorites in the new catty.

Mousie 05-13-2007 11:18 AM

The set that I "stalk" is Lovely as a Tree. I love the cards made with it but can't seem to add it to the buy list yet. I'm not sure it's my style of stamp set. I love lots of flowers and cutesy things. Lovely as a Tree is so "elegant".

I checked out that heart and now have my eye on it. I bet sales of it increase since the original poster posted.

1stclassnana 05-13-2007 12:00 PM

Mine is Lovely as a Tree. I also have Wild Rose and haven't cut it yet because I'm scared I can't do it justice.

deb_loves_stamping 05-13-2007 12:15 PM

Today I saw my demo and ordered Petal Prints, Swell News and Bundle Up ... there goes the money I was saving for the new catty!

Erin K 05-13-2007 01:31 PM

Is that wild about you retiring? Now I think I may need that too.

What's "Lovely as a tree?" nevermind I'll go look.

I just ordered Ahoy, Matey and the map (my original post refered to these)

The squirel is way cute. I must resist! I can't have EVERYTHING!

jailbirdstamper 05-13-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin K

The squirel is way cute. I must resist! I can't have EVERYTHING!

That's how I feel about Stinkin' Cute - not many people liked it and I love it!
Now A Muse has a skunk stamp out and everyone is raving about it (that makes me laugh):)

SheilaSea 05-13-2007 02:59 PM

I've already ordered and received the stamps I stalked. I was afraid to wait too long and missing them althogether. So Wednesday I received Petal Prints, Best of Cluck and Snowflakes.

KayInFL 05-13-2007 03:37 PM

Add me to the list for Best of Cluck. I NEED it before it retires, but I'm hoping to work out a trade with someone for one of the other retiring sets since I am trying to be "sensible" about my stamp related purchases :rolleyes:

JennyAlia 05-13-2007 04:30 PM

Swell news and knobbly gnomes. I love both sets but wasn't sure I'd use each enough. I've never moved them to #1 on my list, but they are always still on the list just right out of the #1 spot.

susanstamper 05-13-2007 04:36 PM

I like Pretty Princess but I am not going to get that one before it retires! There are so many others I want more than that one!

CardFanatic 05-13-2007 04:43 PM

It took me forever to get Wild About You. Made wishes through Wish RAK and then finally bought it. I'm still waiting on Silly Sealife. I only have a few images left (from Wish RAK). I'll probably get that soon.... maybe.... new sets will probably be calling me. So, it could wait some more. LOL!

DoodlebugsMom 05-13-2007 04:59 PM

Definitely Voila. I'm so glad this set isn't being retired -- I had enough retired sets that I just HAD to have. I love the gallery for the chef, and there are some creative things on his platter!

pup net 06-03-2007 06:09 PM

Don't believe there is a thread devoted to this, but I tell you mine and maybe someone will see it and offer a way for me to get it. I just love a retired set called Fairyland. I would love to get a hold of it.
I simply have to have it.
Pup Net

palval77 06-03-2007 11:11 PM

Mine are Wild about You and Bodacious

jeanstamping2 06-04-2007 04:49 PM

I really Like "Song Birds"

marsha1268 06-04-2007 05:07 PM

I just ordered Petal Prints and French Script. When I saw that they were retiring I knew I would regret it if I didn't get them. I also hope to get Lovely As A Tree and Linen. They are on my Christmas list.

barbiejo 06-04-2007 05:29 PM

My must ahves are Clasic pickups and Bubble Queen,...MUST HAVE !!!!!

Ellibelle 06-04-2007 07:27 PM

For me it's treat yourself. I've been wanting that set since the first time I saw it in one of the older catties. Now that is retiring I have to have it.

pup net 06-04-2007 09:28 PM

I have been lucky enough to purchace the set (retired) Fairyland I was after, from some one here in Australia. Yippee !!!!!! :)

PUGMAMA 06-04-2007 09:35 PM

I would have to say that I wish when I had the chance many years ago that I would have bought this set by the name of Dreams & Dragons. At the time when I could have gotten it, I wasn't really that interested in it until I had a DD and now I wish I would of just got it to have it, but nope..gone with the wind!