Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Do you have a fav you DON'T own? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-you-have-fav-you-dont-own-248280/)

Erin K 05-11-2007 09:10 AM

Do you have a fav you DON'T own?

So tell me I'm not the only one...

There is this stamp set, I LOVE it. Every day I get up and look in it's gallery to see if there are new cards with it. I have almost ordered it tons of times. I just don't know that I'd USE it that much. My mom laughed at me and said I need to just buy it, who cares if I'll use it, you can't stalk a stamp set for a year and not get it.

Does anyone else have a special set they love but haven't bought?

Oh it's Ahoy, Matey in case you are curious as to what would make me so crazy. :)

And I AM going to get it, I decided when the new catty comes out I'll get it with my new stuff order. :)

Mom2Men 05-11-2007 09:14 AM

I keep looking at Crab and Co. and just can't decide.

emmiestamps 05-11-2007 09:15 AM

Hip Hop Hooray was the one that I had been looking at but now it is retiring, so I probably won't get it.

Speedystamper 05-11-2007 09:16 AM

Mine would be *Simply Said*. I love it, but don't know if I should get it because I didn't get the matching background stamp that came with it in the Mini last Spring. I loved all the cards that are made with it . . . especially the ones with the matching background. I think that background was called Dots & Daisies. It's my most regretted non-purchase.

Skittl1321 05-11-2007 09:17 AM

Voila!

But it's just too much money for a "niche" stamp.

cardmaker2 05-11-2007 09:22 AM

Not right now, because I have just gotten Natural Beauty...finally... but I have no doubt I will be in that predicament again soon!

Mahloumel 05-11-2007 09:23 AM

Do the Hula, On the Spot, and the spotty stamp set. I love all of these images and the good size they are, but since I started buying UM online, it's really hard to pay for wood blocks I don't need, sales tax (a lot of stores I buy from are out of state, so no tax), AND shipping on top of it all.

Carole4312 05-11-2007 09:29 AM

Oh oh oh .... I wanted Happy Harmony and Wonderful Words I & II, but thankfully I've just managed to get HH and WWII :)

Sooooooo my list ... bearing in mind that I have never seen a catty is:-

Wonderful Words I
Very Punny
The coffee one

They're the ones I desperately HAVE to HAVE ... I dream of em .... often !!!

cincystamper 05-11-2007 09:29 AM

Bubble Queen and Artfully Asian.

Both grabbed me when they first came out, but I don't think I'd ever use Bubble Queen, as much as I love it. But I WOULD use Artfully Asian...but for some reason, I keep talking myself out of it (and borrowing my friend's!).

BasketMom 05-11-2007 09:35 AM

I like Balmy Breezes, but I'm not buying it - there's too many other "necessary" ones I feel like I need to own...even though everything I see made with this set is gorgeous...

GarnetJ 05-11-2007 09:44 AM

Mine is not an SU stamp. It is the Fancy Heart from Old Island Stamp Company. I LOVE this stamp, but already have 3 pages of hearts in my notebooks.

kluvsj711 05-11-2007 09:45 AM

For me it's Petal Prints.

Erin K 05-11-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ
Mine is not an SU stamp. It is the Fancy Heart from Old Island Stamp Company. I LOVE this stamp, but already have 3 pages of hearts in my notebooks.

That is a very unique and cool heart, you may need it in spite of all your other hearts. :)

Erin K 05-11-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluvsj711
For me it's Petal Prints.

I recently got this set and LOVE it. :)

Erin K 05-11-2007 09:49 AM

And also there hasn't been a new Ahoy, Matey card in 3 days! Come on people, I need more Ahoy, Matey! :(

I'm gonna go check Matey's map and see what's going on there.

cdjkssss 05-11-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

That's funny. I have the same heart stamp on my wish list! And now looking at it again, I think it would go very nicely with all of the doodle stuff that's come out lately. May have to move it up the list!

RidiculouslyAddicted 05-11-2007 09:56 AM

I love everything I see done with Mixed Bouquet and also Roses in Winter and don't have EITHER of them! I might get one of them before they retire, tho...

karcher70 05-11-2007 11:00 AM

For me its the Gnome sets. I don't know why, but they just speak to me! :D I will definitely be getting at least one of them now!

olika 05-11-2007 11:07 AM

Yes, I have been following the Petal Prints set for ages and now that it is retiring I am finally ordering it! I'll just bet that that is what Stampin' Up banks on...people who have been following stamps sets will finally buy them when the stamps are threatened with extinction. LOL

Gerri

TXGrandmaX6 05-11-2007 11:09 AM

I have been stalking Doodle This and Doodle That. Maybe some day!

Erin K 05-11-2007 11:43 AM

for me the problem with doodle this and doodle that is that I'd need BOTH! heehee.

Ireland 05-11-2007 11:48 AM

Do the Hula...

LOVE the Palm Tree.
Want it BAD.

But I don't like a few of the other stamps at all and can't justify the price for 1 stamp!

Cynamom 05-11-2007 11:52 AM

I LOVE Artfully Asian, too! I will get that SOON. I also want Eat Cake.

deb_loves_stamping 05-11-2007 02:50 PM

Mine is also Petal Prints. And I just cant decide if I really need it or if I should wait until the new catty comes out, it might have something I want even more! Decisions!

JenniGirl 05-11-2007 03:02 PM

It's A New Little Someone for me.... there's just something about that bunny! :) I keep telling myself that I don't need it... I have quite a few of "baby" sets - and NO kids! Go figure.:rolleyes:

Dione 05-11-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland
Do the Hula...

LOVE the Palm Tree.
Want it BAD.

But I don't like a few of the other stamps at all and can't justify the price for 1 stamp!

I just like the hula girl and a couple of the others. Haha...perhaps we should buy and split it:)

StampinHay79 05-11-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin K
So tell me I'm not the only one...

There is this stamp set, I LOVE it. Every day I get up and look in it's gallery to see if there are new cards with it. I have almost ordered it tons of times. I just don't know that I'd USE it that much. My mom laughed at me and said I need to just buy it, who cares if I'll use it, you can't stalk a stamp set for a year and not get it.

Does anyone else have a special set they love but haven't bought?

Oh it's Ahoy, Matey in case you are curious as to what would make me so crazy. :)

And I AM going to get it, I decided when the new catty comes out I'll get it with my new stuff order. :)

That's so funny because I love that set too....I don't have an children and I don't even like pirates but it's so cute...I'm glad it's not retiring so I think about it more...lol...one of these days I'm just going to get it...there are so really cute cards in the gallery using this set! So you're not the only one..oh I'm also like that with "Eat Cake" and "Simply Said".

StampinHay79 05-11-2007 03:11 PM

I meant to say so I CAN think about it more....errr typos...sorry

shishi stamper 05-11-2007 03:24 PM

Mine would have to be Roses in Winter. It's so beautiful. I must say that I do own Ahoy Matey and totally recommend the purchase!! I will upload my son's invites and scrapbook pages soon. :-)

SophieLaFontaine 05-11-2007 03:42 PM

Mine is Fairyland, and I've been stalking it on ebay for more than a year. I also don't know if I would use it that often either, which is why I haven't bought it yet.

chrisations.ink 05-11-2007 04:03 PM

I'm a stalker for Doodle This and Doodle That. I have been waiting to see if doodling will be a short time trend or stay around a while. I'm hoping the new catty will have similar sets. Those enablers who own it, please keep posting your creations! Thanx!!!

reneejul1 05-11-2007 05:18 PM

Mine would be petal prints . I TOTALLY love all the cards that are made with it, but now that it is retiring I can bring myself to buy it. I f I had played with it first, I probably would have bought it :rolleyes:

Cassandranet 05-11-2007 05:25 PM

For some reason, I just love Super Squirrel! It's just some crazy thing. I finally got it because it's retiring and no one I know has it to borrow.

I don't think I 'stalk' any other sets, but I love RIW, too.

:)

stampngokaren 05-11-2007 05:30 PM

Best of cluck, love all the cards that have been made with it. I will most likely buy it before it retires.

Anemone 05-11-2007 05:33 PM

Loving Hearts is mine. Every time I place an order, it starts off on the list and ends up getting bumped off.

kjo13 05-11-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

WOW! I was going to say Petal Prints - but that is sure one gorgeous heart!!!!!!

Kathy W 05-11-2007 05:34 PM

Artfully Asian and Natural Beauty. So many beautiful cards made with these.

jm_donahoe 05-11-2007 05:49 PM

Yes, me too! I just can't commit to getting them!
Mine are:

Do The Hula - I don't live in Hawaii, although I am on a Tropical Island.

Office Acoutrements - Pricey, but looks so cool I think I would use it often!

mesuezee 05-11-2007 05:50 PM

I have fallen for Ahoy Matey. Such cute cards and my son is 3 so
I'm sure I'll use it, but haven't bought it yet.

cookiestamper 05-11-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin K
And also there hasn't been a new Ahoy, Matey card in 3 days! Come on people, I need more Ahoy, Matey! :(

I'm gonna go check Matey's map and see what's going on there.

I just recently got this set, and debated a lot on it since I don't have many boys to stamp for. BUT since I have it I am so glad I got it! I just finished making 27 ATC's for a swap and 2 cards (made with 2 of the ATC's). I will upload them in about a week. ;)