Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need prehistoric party?

I know you guys can help me out My son is 3 years old and I don't know anybody with kids. I like prehistoric party and I'm wondering if I'll be sorry later if i don't get it. I'm assuming that as soon as he starts school and makes friends I'll be making kids b-day cards left and right. Do you have it? Do you use it? I really just can't decide if i need it or not. Talk me into our out of it, just want opinions!

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't know. It is awfully cute. If my boys were younger I probably would have gotten it. They are so close to outgrowing it though, that I opted not to. The youngest is 6 and always trying to keep up with the older brothers. After 5 boys seems to me that most younger males are dinosaur crazy about preschool age through kindergarten. Probably not very helpful, but my thoughts on the subject.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

When my little guy was 2 1/2 to age 4 he was dino crazy. I bought one hero arts dino and the SU dino wheel (now retired). I am glad I didn't buy anymore than that. His 3rd b-day was dino themed I ended up using them for just that party and a few b-day cards for some other little guys. He is a motor head at heart! Age 2 was trains, age 4 & 5- hotwheels, age 6 -Spongebob, age 7-MONSTER TRUCKS and all the noise and wheelies that go with them. I am betting we will be monster trucking at age 8---he is still quite taken with them! Dinos became "extinct" at our home quickly.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

FUNNY you should ask this! I'm asking myself the same thing! My DS, who will be 5 on the 19th, absolutely LOVES dinos so I'm thinking I may just have to snag this one. PLUS - I've seen some super cutie cute cards with it! I've been trying to resist, but thinking I may have to cave!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I don't own it because my only child is 17, but if you are asking about it here, you have already made up your mind and are just looking for affirmation. GO FOR IT!!! I regretted not buying a stamp set out of the holiday mini, thinking I could live without it, until 2 of my friends got it and let me try it. I LOVED it, but of course, it was too late!!! Now I'm praying it makes it into the next catalog. (NO - I'm not actually PRAYING a stamp set makes it, but I sure am hoping!!!!) If you love it and think you will use it - buy it!!!

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have two boys 9 and 14 and I bought it. I hate to tell you this, but I have grown men to whom I have sent it and love it.

I love the set and am glad I bought it. I will try to post one of my cards using it if I still have one.

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think I've been talked out of it and gonna hope that we get another boy set in the new catalog. He's crazy about dinos now, but like others said, I'm afraid he'll outgrow it very quickly and I won't use it for anything else. (its really not a fav, he just likes it) I have bug builders and he likes those too. *shrug* I just don't want to waste the money if I won't use it long (I have so much more that I WILL use) but I don't want to be smacking myself later for not getting it. I could get it and sell/trade it here later if I'm not using it. See!?? I'm just over analizing this.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I picked that set to swap with for our demos and have to say I'm glad I have it. It's so great for kids bday cards, which is so rare, so I'm really glad I have it. You can do cards with the big guy or with just the little guy. There are some cute samples in the gallery too.

<----- SAHM to my buddy Jack!

AUTISM IS TREATABLE - VISIT www.tacanow.org for more info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I have it, but haven't used it yet. It's really cute and I think I will get a lot of use out of it. I will be making party favors for my son this week with it as well as a birthday card for another 5 year old boy's birthday this week. I don't think there are enough cute "boy" stamp sets. I showed my son the picture in the catalog and he couldn't wait for me to order it. I just have so many new stamp sets and not enough time! I say, "go for it" and just order it. You won't want to regret it later. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

I have Prehistoric party and I love it!! Anyway I think I am finished with it
every boy I know has a card and I have made invites. Let me know if you are interested.
Reply With Quote Likes