Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Present Craft Room from Family

This is my very first post - I love this website! I actually visited my brother-in-law and sister-in-law for Christmas - 8 hours away in Cody, Wyoming for Christmas (I lost my husband in June 2005). I live just an hour south of Canada in Montana. Anyway...they actually got me on my way to organizing my "new" craft room! To start with, they bought me an espresso machine for hours of never leaving the house while stamping!

Then, they bought me a crafting table, a tabletop Ott light, and a set of craft storage drawers on wheels! My brother-in-law works for a discount store chain and he used his discount to FURTHER equip me! He took me to the store, gave me $100 and his discount card! I bought two more wheeled storage drawer units and some stamping stuff (like brads and such).

I looked in my huge closet and anything that wasn't "Craft" related, I took downstairs and ALL my craft stuff came upstairs in my new craft room! (I knit and crochet and do lots of stuff.)

I am a fairly new stamper and I am really enjoying me new room! I have my computer opposite my craft table, the room is decorated in bright cheerful colors, and when anybody walks in THIS new craft room, it screams "This room is all about ME!"

You see, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to know that I miss my husband dearly, he was the love of my life, but to really start rebuilding my life and my motto is "I can do it!"

My second resolution was to not only remember birthdays, but to make cards for those dear to me. I started keeping digital photos on my computer with the dates and year so I have my own archive.

Happy stampin! Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #2  
Postapalooza Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeninmt2001
This is my very first post - I love this website! I actually visited my brother-in-law and sister-in-law for Christmas - 8 hours away in Cody, Wyoming for Christmas (I lost my husband in June 2005). I live just an hour south of Canada in Montana. Anyway...they actually got me on my way to organizing my "new" craft room! To start with, they bought me an espresso machine for hours of never leaving the house while stamping!

Then, they bought me a crafting table, a tabletop Ott light, and a set of craft storage drawers on wheels! My brother-in-law works for a discount store chain and he used his discount to FURTHER equip me! He took me to the store, gave me $100 and his discount card! I bought two more wheeled storage drawer units and some stamping stuff (like brads and such).

I looked in my huge closet and anything that wasn't "Craft" related, I took downstairs and ALL my craft stuff came upstairs in my new craft room! (I knit and crochet and do lots of stuff.)

I am a fairly new stamper and I am really enjoying me new room! I have my computer opposite my craft table, the room is decorated in bright cheerful colors, and when anybody walks in THIS new craft room, it screams "This room is all about ME!"

You see, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to know that I miss my husband dearly, he was the love of my life, but to really start rebuilding my life and my motto is "I can do it!"

My second resolution was to not only remember birthdays, but to make cards for those dear to me. I started keeping digital photos on my computer with the dates and year so I have my own archive.

Happy stampin! Jen

That is so great!!!! You will have to take pics of your new craft room when you get it set up so we can all drool! I know it is hard for you to rebuild your life after such a big loss. This is a great website to be at for support. These ladies are GREAT! So when you are having a bad day and really missing your husband you can come get some "cyber hugs" from us! You also will get TONS of new ideas for stamping!
Welcome and thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 06:49 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for all your kind words! I have had a very good January and I hope to continue my new year with high hopes of healing.

I love this website and these forums! Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 08:48 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

I am sorry about your loss too. I can't imagine. You should be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished so far. I can't wait to see pictures of your room. My husband and I are getting ready to add a huge shelf in my craft room. I will be the first to admit that I didn't think shelves would be that big of a deal. I have the drawers but all 5 are filled and I have a lot of stuff under my 2 craft tables. Well enjoy your new cherry craft room. Don't forget the pictures.

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I just have to say that I LOVE your positive attitude!! I can't imagine what you've been through these past months, but I know your husband is looking down on you with joy, seeing his sweet wife doing something she LOVES to do. And how wonderful of your family to be so supportive of you!! I'm soooooo glad you shared about your new craft room and how it brings you so much happiness! We'd love to see pictures of your craft room, and your cards, too.

We're here for you!!

Big hugs,
Stacy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

The best thing about my new craft room is that alot of my Christmas presents came from my in-laws. When I told my brother-in-law that he didn't have much reason to drive 8 hours north from Cody, Wyoming, to see me, he said "yes I do, I have a little sister in Cut Bank!" It sure made me feel good.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. I love this website and these forums, including quick answers to my "newby questions."

--------------------

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time." (Abraham Lincoln)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 11:30 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

woooo hoooo - I'm a glitter queen now! Unfortunately, glitter scares me! haha. Love to emboss.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #8  
Postapalooza Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeninmt2001
The best thing about my new craft room is that alot of my Christmas presents came from my in-laws. When I told my brother-in-law that he didn't have much reason to drive 8 hours north from Cody, Wyoming, to see me, he said "yes I do, I have a little sister in Cut Bank!" It sure made me feel good.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. I love this website and these forums, including quick answers to my "newby questions."

--------------------

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time." (Abraham Lincoln)
That is so sweet that your BIL said that!!!! I almost cried when I read that. Sounds like you have a good family there that wants to stay involved in your life. I am so glad you didn't lose your connection with them because you lost your husband!

I am waiting to see some of you new stamped creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #9  
The Digi-Freak

I'm so happy you've got such a positive attitude about the hand life has dealt you! You are quite the inspiration!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm lost for words right now. BUT you have to know that you are in my thoughts today. I am so glad to hear that you have enough love to give it to yourself. You have a great outlook! May your angels guide when you are in need....especailly during those nights when the espresso doesn't work and the glitter is calling your name....tee hee hee.;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

The espresso ALWAYS works, haha. Glitter? I'm so afraid of glitter & haven't even got any! My stamping buddy promises me soon we'll glitter together (now SHE's a glitter queen!). I blame her for getting me into stamping! I met her at Bunco and KNEW she'd be fun, she's just a kick. Anyway, I told her I refuse to buy glitter (I want pearl ex stuff I think is the name) until she demonstrates it for me! haha. So far, glitter is NOT calling my name, hehe.
Reply With Quote Likes