Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   CANADIANS~What part of Canada do you live? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/canadians%7Ewhat-part-canada-do-you-live-97664/)

lindenfan1 11-07-2005 03:11 PM

Greetings from the home of Mr. PG (Prince George, BC) :p . But I have lived all over BC - Chetwynd, Bella Coola, Comox, just to name a few. It is good to see all of you Canadians out there!!

Carmen

scrappy12 11-07-2005 04:49 PM

Great to see where your from in Canada. Your 8 hrs or so from where I live.

scrappy12 11-07-2005 05:07 PM

:)

momof2stampers 11-07-2005 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindenfan1
Greetings from the home of Mr. PG (Prince George, BC) :p . But I have lived all over BC - Chetwynd, Bella Coola, Comox, just to name a few. It is good to see all of you Canadians out there!!

Carmen

Linden is awesome! I was in love with him as a teenager - I was 17, and he was just turning 18 (19?). I figured he was it!

scrappy12 11-08-2005 06:48 AM

lindenfan1 11-08-2005 07:37 AM

Yes - Linden is the best. I started liking him when I was in high school - now 10 years later I am still obsessed... my husband thinks that I am crazy!! :)

canadiandiva27 11-08-2005 07:53 AM

HELLO!!! I'm from Edmonton...! Just checkin' in!!

scrappy12 11-08-2005 08:01 AM

Hello from Prince Rupert

scrappy12 11-08-2005 12:06 PM

scrappy12 11-08-2005 03:52 PM

CowgirlCreations 11-08-2005 06:12 PM

Greetings!!

Hello to all you Canadians!

I vacation EVERY summer in Sioux Narrows on Lake of the Woods in Northwestern Ontario, one hour south of Kenora, 90 minutes north of International Falls Minnesota. Greetings! I've been going up there since I was 3 months old so I consider myself - oh- I don't know- an official blueberry picker I guess! Anyways I'm in Arizona now- but I definitely bring my craft supplies in my suitcase when we go! My DH teases me because I leave clothes at the cabin and just tote craft supplies and they get inspected every time at the airports!! It definitely sounds like we have more shopping choices but SU! is the best choice anyways!

MamieSuzanne 11-08-2005 06:33 PM

Hi from Edmonton

I'm happy to see all these Canadian stampin' addicts like myself. I'm originally from Quebec, now out West in Edmonton, Alberta. I guess I'm pretty lucky that we have many scrapbooking stores, but I'm really a Stampin'Up fan and hardly buy anything else anymore.

However, there is a nice selection of papers, reasonably priced, at a store called Notables (that is more a stationary store than a scrapbooking one).

Keep in touch, fellow Canucks!

shouldstampmore 11-08-2005 08:04 PM

Hi I am from Penticton BC. My friend Luv Too Stamp lives about a block away. Like her, I shop mostly at SU and Michaels. But when I go to away, try to get to other stores in the area where I am. I also have a lady I know who sells Hero Arts that I sometimes buy from.

scrappy12 11-08-2005 08:12 PM

I'm so envious of you all...........I wish you could order on line at Michael's. So nice to see all you Canadians post.

scrappy12 11-09-2005 06:48 AM

corvette85lady 11-09-2005 09:02 AM

Scrappy 12

I'm in Chetwynd BC. You're in Fort St JOhn???

corvette85lady 11-09-2005 09:11 AM

mom

I lived at Moberly Lake for 15 years!!!!

scrappy12 11-09-2005 09:25 AM

Canada

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette85lady
I'm in Chetwynd BC. You're in Fort St JOhn???

Hi!!! No, I live in Prince Rupert, North Coast of B.C.

GGstampin' 11-09-2005 11:45 AM

Sitting here in Napanee, Ontario!
Laurie-Ann

kellybee 11-09-2005 02:43 PM

Karen:

Just PM'd you. I might be interested in a workshop. I don't usually bother as I am a card maker, not a scrapper and embellishments are more appealing to me but at the risk of becoming addicted to SU products, keep me in mind if you do become a demonstrator.

Kelly Bee

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgladney
I am also from St. John's, Newfoundland.

Kellybee. Have you ever been to a stampin up workshop. I go once a month and just love it.

Thinking of becoming a demonstrator myself after Christmas.

Karen :rolleyes:

momof2stampers 11-09-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette85lady
I lived at Moberly Lake for 15 years!!!!

What's your name? I did a teaching pracitcum in Moberly Lake (and we both know it's not a big place - well it is geography-wise, but the population is small)

scrappy12 11-10-2005 10:45 AM

Anymore Canadian???

scrappy12 11-10-2005 10:46 AM

oops! forgot the 's

Clruss 11-10-2005 01:46 PM

Manotick ON

Hi to all. I am actually an American living in a small town south of Ottawa (My husband works at our Embassy in Ottawa). We have been here for over three years, and we are planning to stay two more! We just love it!! I actually have two Michael's about a half hour away, in two different directions. Lots of dollar stores. And -- we are one hour from the border where there is a JoAnn's. Wish I knew there were a few of you in St. John's, Newfoundland; we just spent two weeks there in September. The year before we travelled through B.C. We have been to Vancouver a few times. We took the train through the Rocky Mountains. My husband sometimes has business in Quebec city, and I would never let him go alone. Need I say more?? We love it here!!

scrappy12 11-10-2005 07:26 PM

Is there anyone else??

mom060503 11-10-2005 08:32 PM

Hey there!

I'm in Balgonie, Sk. Just 15mins east of Regina. I'm a SU! demo & SAHM. Born & raised in Regina, but DH & I love the small town life & wanted to raise a family out here. Love SU!, but have to go to Just Scrap It! whenever I can get to S'toon.

AmyR - You live in Rosetown? My husband has been there a few times for work. He is a Field Sales Rep for Access Communications. Cool!

Nice to see a few stampers in Saskatchewan.
Darcie:)

yvonne alicia 11-10-2005 09:01 PM

Hi: I live in Lyleton MB and also shop in Minot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lia
I live in Oxbow, SK - we're in the southeast corner. Besides SU I shop in Minot, ND (only 90 miles south) and in Winnipeg, MB when I visit my daughter.

Lia

Hi I'm Yvonne. I started stamping last winter. Really love it. Only make one of a kind cards and then keep them. I live in Lyleton Manitoba and I also shop mostly in Minot ND Maybe I'll run into you one day.

Lily_Louise 11-10-2005 09:21 PM

just saw this thread!

Hey scrappy12

Just saw this thread and there are not too many posting from Pacific Canada yet! Although you and I both know there are lots of us around. Loads in BC and Alberta. Although it says I live in Mission, I'm actually halfway between Maple Ridge and Mission.

I'm lucky with shopping, I've a Michaels 30 mins drive away in Abbotsford and another in Coquitlam. Walmart's in Abbotsford too but I don't get much from there, they never have what I'm looking for!! We've also got a couple of really good $ stores in Mission and they both have loads of craft stuff cheap!!! My main buys are from SU with cardstock etc and I order monthly with our Stampers 10 club but because I do so many swaps I'm always running out of adhesive so off to Michaels I go. The last trip I went to spend $20 or so on adhesive and ended up at $84+!!! I'm also only 35 mins drive from the USA border and I occasionally take a little trip to Lynden or Bellingham and get to see what else is available south of the border. So you see I don't need to bother with online shopping!

If you need anything specific, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Ruth :)

CelineeBeenie 11-10-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily_Louise
Hey scrappy12
I'm also only 35 mins drive from the USA border and I occasionally take a little trip to Lynden or Bellingham and get to see what else is available south of the border.

Hi Ruth,
When you go across the border, you should check out Stampadoodle and right next door is the Paper Zone. These stores are just off of Exit 254 from Hwy 5 in Bellingham. I just bought some Twinkling H2O's and love them.

I'm from Burnaby BC, about 20 minutes from Vancouver.

I order on-line from www.qvc.com This is an American shopping channel but they ship out of Ontario so you don't have to worry about paying duty or delays with customs. I recently bought Magic Mesh from it and even with the exchange rate it was cheaper than through SU.

Lily_Louise 11-11-2005 06:41 AM

Thanks

Hey Celina

Thanks, I've been looking for more places to find good stuff! I need to explore a little more!!

scrappy12 11-11-2005 07:07 AM

Thanks for info Ruth and Celina.

I'll have to take you up on your offer Ruth if Im ever stuck.
Thanks for the info on the online store Celina.

I love to order from SU. You can't go wrong......good quality material. I just hosted a party last Friday.......and Im so anxious to recieve my order.

Jennypoo 11-11-2005 08:11 AM

Hi ALL!!!!

I am from City of Kawartha Lakes, Lindsay . I shop in town at a store called the Scrapbook nook and the Crafty stamper, I go to Peterbrough to Michaels, and walmart.
I have only lived here for just over a year and I haven't met and stampers/scrappers yet besides the few I see at the scrapbook nook, but no one to scrap with at our homes.

creativedee 11-11-2005 08:37 AM

I am in Whitby, Ontario....which is no more then 1/2 hour to 1 hour away from you! I at one time had a Gramma's Attic Rep that came from Lindsay and my aunt use to live that too!

scrappy12 11-11-2005 10:42 AM

AlisonM 11-11-2005 10:07 PM

Greetings from Sunny Port Edward, BC. Northwest Coast of British Columbia.

Alison

scrappy12 11-12-2005 04:54 PM

I was wondering when I'd hear from you Alison.......

canadian_stamper 11-12-2005 05:16 PM

I live in Woodstock, Ontario which is 1 1/2 hours from Toronto, I take classes at our local store, Woodstock Crafts and Butterfly Moon in Lyndock Ontario. I do most of my shopping there. I also purchase at All about Scrapbooks in Woodstock and of course SU. I enjoy all the different styles of the classes that are offered at all the places. Michael's is in London or Cambridge which are both 50 km from home so I don't get there too often.

Barbara
canadian_stamper

tanyab 11-14-2005 01:00 PM

Hello everyone

I am in Edmonton, AB

stampkin 11-14-2005 02:14 PM

Hello from Prince Rupert, BC .. Scrappy you never told me who you are ?
hmmm

scrappy12 11-14-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampkin
Hello from Prince Rupert, BC .. Scrappy you never told me who you are ?
hmmm

I'm Clarice, who are you???