Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #81  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
I hunted up Purge to Splurge on Facebook and read that the group was taken down by Facebook over some issues late last year. The page is there, but I didn't see any postings or pics. Anyone know how to access this group? I am definitely joining some of these groups - I have stamps I would like to rotate out of my stash, but I've not really had much luck selling stuff.
Purge to splurge is no longer available but there are a bunch of other Facebook groups for selling your stash.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #82  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

I hunted up Purge to Splurge on Facebook and read that the group was taken down by Facebook over some issues late last year. The page is there, but I didn't see any postings or pics. Anyone know how to access this group? I am definitely joining some of these groups - I have stamps I would like to rotate out of my stash, but I've not really had much luck selling stuff.
EEK why?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #83  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve vacillated on this issue myself more than once. It is really hard to sell this stuff, which is strange because it’s so freakin expensive (to the point where I have stopped buying stamps like I used to). More than once I have thought about stopping this hobby because of the costs – and the fact that I create so many cards now that my friends and family are telling me not to send them anymore gift sets of cards.

I have never found a good price for stamps on E-Bay personally so never shop there. I would love to shop in the SCS Buy/Sell area, but there are no pictures of the sets so I have to really work at trying to get a visual of what is being sold. And the prices… come on folks. If it’s an old set and not a collector’s dream, then mark it down to $5 or less and get it sold. When I see prices a couple of $$ less than the retail price of it (and then pay $3 in shipping) then I’m not interested.

It is hard to price this stuff to move because it is so expensive - it hurts to let a stamp set costing $18 go for $5 or $8.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #84  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

It is hard to price this stuff to move because it is so expensive - it hurts to let a stamp set costing $18 go for $5 or $8.

It *was* for me until I decided I wanted to LOVE my crafty space instead of tolerate it. It was like a switch flipped. I had enjoyed the items and could bless someone else with them while getting $5. I think you just have to get to the point where the goal is something other than breaking even to enjoy the process of getting to where you just have what you truly love around you. For me, anyway. Now I regularly purge and enjoy it.

I get a lot more than $15 worth of joy out of a stamp set that I use even one time - if you think about how much a latte or a movie cost - even using a set once and then getting $5 when you sell it is a big win, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #85  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I�ve vacillated on this issue myself more than once. It is really hard to sell this stuff, which is strange because it�s so freakin expensive (to the point where I have stopped buying stamps like I used to). More than once I have thought about stopping this hobby because of the costs � and the fact that I create so many cards now that my friends and family are telling me not to send them anymore gift sets of cards.

I have never found a good price for stamps on E-Bay personally so never shop there. I would love to shop in the SCS Buy/Sell area, but there are no pictures of the sets so I have to really work at trying to get a visual of what is being sold. And the prices� come on folks. If it�s an old set and not a collector�s dream, then mark it down to $5 or less and get it sold. When I see prices a couple of $$ less than the retail price of it (and then pay $3 in shipping) then I�m not interested.

So many of my purchases in the last two years were on destash sites on Facebook. Paid about half retail and low shipping costs. I've sold my old su sets for about 5 or 6 dollars and clear sets I can get between 5 and 10 dollars each depending on the set. You just have to be patient. I was trying to sell a bunch of shoe stamps for months on Facebook. Then I took the sale post down for a couple of months. When I put them back up for sale in sold the whole lot to a stamper who loves shoe stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can I just add my thanks to the people who donate their stamps to Goodwill? That's how I started this hobby a few years ago, I bought a bunch of used stamps (a lot of them were stampin' up) a used, juicy ink pad, and came home and looked on You Tube for ideas. The rest is history!!

I started late, when I retired 4 years ago because I wondered what I'd do all day long and watching TV with my couch potato DH didn't excite me! LOL!

Now I make cards mostly for kids on the website I found here: Send Kids the World.com. It's so satisfying and fun, my family gets cards occasionally, too.

Anyway, thanks again for being generous and wondering if your donations are appreciated and loved. They are by me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #87  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I just did a yard sale last weekend and took 2 boxes of stamps to sell for $5.00 each.one set sold and at the end I donated the rest because like you I wanted to clear out my room.
I would just look through the iso form and see if you have what others are looking for and contact them. that way you don't have to list everything and pack it up, you are just helping fellow stampers get what they want.
just my opinion
good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #88  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by greengem32View Post
I just did a yard sale last weekend and took 2 boxes of stamps to sell for $5.00 each.one set sold and at the end I donated the rest because like you I wanted to clear out my room.
I would just look through the iso form and see if you have what others are looking for and contact them. that way you don't have to list everything and pack it up, you are just helping fellow stampers get what they want.
just my opinion
good luck
p.s. I just checked out e-bay and the prices most are asking are way to high for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #89  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Look what I found advertised in CL's arts&crafts for Milwaukee. Someone's thinking! What a great idea!
(organized roaming craft garage sale, inviting buyers and sellers alike to participate)
Kids, Toy, Scrapbooking Consignment Resale Sales in Madison, WI, Dane County and Beyond!
I have actually participated in two of these sales and did very well. I had craft supplies in addition to stamping supplies for sale, but the stamping stuff sold better. The amount of SU stamps at these sales is amazing considering all the companies we can get stamps from. Green Whimsey does an excellent job on all the kinds of sales they run (used household goods, baby/kid stuff, craft stuff) that if you go you know you will find stuff to buy. I'm surprised there aren't more businesses like them around the country.
Reply With Quote Likes