Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Becoming a Demo

I love to stamp and have been purchasing/using SU! products for about a year now. I am considering being a demo but I don't know whether I should or not. I have a 2 year old and a 3 week old and since I am a SAHM it would be nice to have some extra $$. I guess my question is... Can you actually make $$ by being a demo or do you end up spending most of what you earn on SU! stuff (which isn't so bad!), and how much time do you spend working/preparing etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 11:03 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I think my response would be you can get out of it what you want to put into it. Only you can set your limits of # of hours you spend on stampin up to make it a business or just a hobby. And of course, you have to exert lots of self control so you don't spend all your money...

Tiffany
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

I am a full time mom (arent we all!) , work full time outside of the home, am a Girl Scout Leader, mom to a 9 year old in football...

and an SU Demo!

I only do about 2 workshops a month. Am I getting rich, no. Am I paying for my stash and having fun do something just for me, absolutely!

I say Go fo It!

Deanna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I do about 2 workshops a month and it pays for my addiction, uh, I mean hobby!

I have 3 children..the youngest is 2. And I just find the time to stamp, because it's the one thing I have that is just for me.

Plus since you have been stamping for about 1 year...you probably have a pretty good stash of tools and stamp sets to give you a really good start.
Beside..the awesome starter kit you will get!

go for it!
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
"If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it"
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 12:39 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi,
I say "go for it". I just do enough to stay active, so I'm not making any money, but I keep my sanity by having an "outlet". I have a 2 year old and another on the way in November, and there are all of the other responsibilities of life like family, church, friends, etc. I always tell people that you just make time for things that you like. I love stamping, so I make time for it. I was an elementary teacher before I had my 2 year old, and I missed the interaction with adults. Stampin' Up! gives me that back. Once you are into it more, you can decide if you really want to make a go of it. If you decide that you don't want to make it rich well you can just have fun. You lose nothing, but you gain many stamps and accessories.
Reply With Quote Likes