Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baton Twirling Stamps

Okay, I have a DD that seems to enjoy activities that are harder than heck to find scrapbook items for. I finally started to find more gymnastics stuff popping up here and there, but now her LOVE is baton. It is impossible to find baton stamps anywhere around here. Does anyone have any idea where I could find some or have even seen any before? It is so frustrating. What's worse, is the couple of things I have found are in blue and yellow, and the colors of her team are purple and white. Any suggestions?

TIA
Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I am sooo excited to hear that someone else loves baton. Let me tell you that I have taught it for almost 10 years and it is just as hard to find stuff today as it was then. I hope you have some luck. ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

i was in baton for 15 years.. you'll find all those specialty things at the competitions.. usually the larger ones. i wish i didn't stop in high school, i would of had a full ride in college :/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Ari's 10. She took baton in 1st grade and hated it! lol She moved on to gymnastics, but decided to try baton again in the 3rd grade because a friend talked her into it. She realized that she was pretty darn good at it and it was a huge confidence booster. She is taking private lessons this summer so that she can skip an "act". 1st year is Act 1, 2nd year is Act 2 and so on. Because she quit her first year before it was finished, she had to start over again when she went back. Now she is older than the girls that she is in class with and wants to get back in with the girls in her grade. Her best friend is going to be in Act 5 this year. Ari won't quite get there, but Act 4 is her goal. She always has a baton in her hand and it helps that her friend learns moves and comes over and shows Ari and then they work on them together. As of right now, Ari only wants to focus on baton and sees herself doing it all the way through high school. I know that can change, but as for now, she has a goal! I just wish I could find scrapbook stuff for it. The "few" things that I have found are really hokey! If anyone comes across anything, PM me and I can pay you for it plus shipping to send it my way!

Thanks!
Heather:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by moookiView Post
i was in baton for 15 years.. you'll find all those specialty things at the competitions.. usually the larger ones. i wish i didn't stop in high school, i would of had a full ride in college :/
Wow! You know, until this last year, I had no idea that baton had so much to offer for girls. I also didn't know how far you could go in baton. This is a whole new world for me and I enjoy watching Ari so much. You know those moments when you are watching your child or loved one do something that you can tell they absolutely LOVE, and you are so proud of them that you tear up. I have had many moments like that this year. I watch her on the floor and I just smile from ear to ear and nothing can wipe it off. The girl that is teaching Ari this summer is going to Purdue and is trying out for a baton position. I don't know what they call it. She is really good and has been twirling for 10 years. Ari starts private lessons on Tuesday and she is so excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammsmom1View Post
I am sooo excited to hear that someone else loves baton. Let me tell you that I have taught it for almost 10 years and it is just as hard to find stuff today as it was then. I hope you have some luck. ;)

I will keep looking! I twirled when I was little, but all we ever did was march in parades. I didn't even know they had competitions for baton! lol I have watched footage of Stacy Singer when she was winning all the championships back in the 80's. Wow, she throws that baton up, spins a million times, and all of a sudden she is twirling again and you never even see the baton come down! lol It is so cool to watch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 05:04 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

If you find one let me know. I have a relative turning 80 this year. She was a baton twirler champion in the worlds fair and toured all over the country. I would love to find a stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 06:30 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by palval77View Post
If you find one let me know. I have a relative turning 80 this year. She was a baton twirler champion in the worlds fair and toured all over the country. I would love to find a stamp.

How cool! Isn't it funny the things that aren't represented when it comes to stamping and scrapbooking. It also suprises me when I find things represented that I would have never thought of. Oriental Trading has a whole kit for competitive diving and swimming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not being funny here (especially as I have done competitive twirling etc) have you thought of taking a picture of your daughter's baton and having a stamp made of it? Do they still wear white Keds? A stamp of those would be nice too.

What I wish I had now - is a piece of my costumes, my ranking sheets from competitions, and more pictures - I did team and individual. - in fact I'm thinking of popping the "place ranking plate" on my trophies and donating them back.

Also I think it is great for those that pursued it enough to get scholarships however, I personally know a person that was a current state champion and went to an instate school and didn't make the squad - sometimes if the college/university has a team they have to have someone that fits the team (tempo, timing etc) rather than the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Not being funny here (especially as I have done competitive twirling etc) have you thought of taking a picture of your daughter's baton and having a stamp made of it? Do they still wear white Keds? A stamp of those would be nice too.

What I wish I had now - is a piece of my costumes, my ranking sheets from competitions, and more pictures - I did team and individual. - in fact I'm thinking of popping the "place ranking plate" on my trophies and donating them back.

Also I think it is great for those that pursued it enough to get scholarships however, I personally know a person that was a current state champion and went to an instate school and didn't make the squad - sometimes if the college/university has a team they have to have someone that fits the team (tempo, timing etc) rather than the best.
Can a stamp be made of her posing with the baton. It wouldn't necessarily have to look like her, but just a twirler in a pose type thing. I had thought about having one made, but I am really not sure how to go about it. I figure if she is in it for the long haul, I am going to want more than just scrapbooking words like twirl, baton, leap, etc.... off of my Cricut! lol Someone needs to come out with a die cut cartridge of sports that nobody ever thinks of. Gymnastics (boys and girls), Baton, Swimming, Diving, LaCross. You know, sports that aren't always in the main stream. I would buy it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Double post

Last edited by RiverIsis; 06-08-2009 at 03:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think picture stamps can be made of anything you just need enough contrast - like the homemade system that was showcased on the inkling a couple of months ago. Think they also said about using clipart too.

found this clip art in the meantime - http://www.spiritcorner.com/batontwirling.html nice silhouette of the twirler.

here is some more

http://www.twirlercentral.com/Clipart
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

http://www.graphicice.com/index.php/...emID/321761184

http://www.craftersoutpost.net/cgi-b...ion&key=SH6512

http://www.scrappinstuff.com/store/baton-twirling-c-124

quite a bit at the above place

http://qtpiegifts.com/baton_twirler.htm

they may be a good place to find some things.

one of the state competitions was always at notre dam. you should see if they are still there.. it's about this time of year, you guys could go take a look see
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

RiverIsis and Moooki, Thank you so much! All of these sites are great! Moooki, the set you are showing is the one that I had found on ebay, but I didn't realize that you could get it in different colors. I am going to HAVE to get one of those. Also, there are some great silouettes from the sites you included that could be made into a stamp. I wonder if there would be copyright issues? I will have to check it out. Thank you again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Uh-ohh.
This former (we're talking a waaays back) baton-twirler might have to succumb. :shock:
;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampforariethanView Post
RiverIsis and Moooki, Thank you so much! All of these sites are great! Moooki, the set you are showing is the one that I had found on ebay, but I didn't realize that you could get it in different colors. I am going to HAVE to get one of those. Also, there are some great silouettes from the sites you included that could be made into a stamp. I wonder if there would be copyright issues? I will have to check it out. Thank you again!

I think you have nothing to lose if you ask them about making them into stamps especially the ones that are free clipart and as long as it is for your personal use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd love some baton stamps myself. I started taking baton when I was 7 and I still teach lessons (I'm 33). I love twirling and sure would love to find some stamps too. It would be super cute to make some cards for my girls!
Reply With Quote Likes