Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile auction basket ideas

Hoping some of my fellow stampers have done this and can give some suggestions. A good friend has asked me to donate a stamp camp and a basket filled with SU! goodies for an auction for a local Children's Hospital. I am happy to oblige but need some suggestions on wording and possible items to include to make the basket enticing but keep costs around $50, I'm just a hobbyist stamper so I've only been supporting my great habit and not making any $. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Last year I sent SU! a letter and asked for a donation and I got a huge box of goodies to make 2 baskets full of stuff. Depending on the time frame you have, you could do that.

If not, I would include a black stamp pad and if you have extra hostess sets or SAB sets left over you could include one or two of them and then some variety colors of our paper. Maybe some cards you have already done or some note cards and envies or some other non card item decorated with stamps. Be sure to include a catalog and the mini.
Good Luck with the fundraiser!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I'd include a Gift Certificate to be redeemed through you and then just a few goodies from what Kim mentioned above. Homemade cards are always a big hit and then they can get an idea of what they can make at the stamp camp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

I second the gift certificate idea. That way, you get a new customer in the deal and hopefully new business while helping out a worthwhile cause.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Well if it was me I would like to see a nice basket with goodies in it. Here are some suggestions for a $50.00 basket. some of these are not costly items and items you should already have . just to fill it in.

Homemade DEMO cards and a few envelopes , a small technique book, like the ones that a demo give to everyone with thier orders. a few Inspirations sheets, a black journaling marker $3.25, a mixed packet of paper $7.95, a small Sell-e-bration set new of course or something similiar of that size $10.00. some small embellishments make up a mixed bag and use some su embellishments to it. a ink spot or two . perhaps a new catalog to order from with your bussiness card attached. A copy of any upcoming classes or workshops you might be having. Any other little things you can add to the basket to make it look like there getting something. Wheel $6.50, handle $3.95 and ink cartridge $5.25.adhesive $6.95

I would use any scrap paper run it through the paper shredder to fill the bottom of the basket with to make it look better on display. Wrap the outside with cellophane and tie it up with some su ribbon. Then they can also use that extra ribbon on any projects they might have later on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:52 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I would set up the basket so it looks like a beginners stamping basket with supplies to get you started . Along with some ideas to help them out. By suppling a catalog.the technique booklet and Inspirations sheets. But also give them some fun things to get them going. Plus by giving them your workshop and class schedule it will also give others who see this more inspiration to want to try stamping, and give you some potential for new customers.

You know what we all say. once we get the supplies you can never have enough supplies. adn they will want more. possibly book a party.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Default auction basket ideas

Thanks for all of the ideas ladies, I think I'll be able to put something cool together!
Reply With Quote Likes