Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:55 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Anyone have problems with their brown EE pads being too dry?

I'm a new demo and my biggest customer so far bought all the EE full-sized pads recently. She is a brand-new stamper - here's what she said in her email:

Is there a recommended way to remoisten the ink pads? My brown ones are very hard and dry feeling, and even if I tap the stamp a lot of times, I can't get it really inked up good for a nice deep stamping. I haven't tried all of them yet, but the other ones I've used are fine. I'm figuring people don't buy lots of browns and maybe they sat in the warehouse too long. Nevertheless, the dye is still in the pad, it just needs some moisture. What do you think?
I told her to bring them over to my house (or I can go over there - we live close by) and we can compare them with my brown EE pads. Actually, I just finished getting all 48 Classic pads, and I got those brown ones in the same order she got hers from and mine are fine. I told her NOT to put any water in them, that I will check and find out what to do. If they are indeed dry, do I contact SU for replacements for her? Will they not give me a hassle about this? I don't want my first and biggest customer to be disappointed, because I think she's loving stamping and planning on buying more stuff and I want her to be happy with what she's getting from SU.

Thanks in advance,
Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 08:03 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same experience with my Close to Cocoa classic pad. It was brand new, and I had a hard time getting enough ink on my dauber to ink torn edges of cs.
I called Demo Services, and they sent me a new one out within 2 days. I would definitely call. They want you to be successful, and they want your customers to be happy with their purchases.
I have actually had to call DS for several items that came damaged, or didn't work right, and they have always been extremely nice and helpful.

Hope that helps,
Alicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2004, 03:28 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks, Alicia, for responding! She is going to check all her pads today and I'll call DS about any dry ones. And I *think* I've used all my brown ones since I got my most recent order, but I will check to make sure since I don't use Chocolate Chip very often. I know that my Close to Cocoa is in great shape.

Anyone else have any trouble with try ink pads?

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2004, 03:32 AM   #4  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never had problems with dry pads, but I have heard that DS is GREAT about sending replacements!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2004, 03:36 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

My new vanilla craft pad was very dry. I know that others complained about that too.

SU sent me a new one. I had to return the old one, but some folks were told they didn't have to.

NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2004, 04:01 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

DS is great about that kind of stuff. They don't want disappointed customers, so they will do whatever they can to make them happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2004, 06:29 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had an inkpad two years ago that seemed pretty dry. I was so far away from making the decision to become a demo (I was VERY new to stamping) ,and had NO idea how SU would deal with it that I just continued to work with it, and made sure to store it properly. After a bit I found that it was actually easier to work with. Almost like it had been stored upside down in a warehouse for quite awhile (it's obviously the newer style). It works great now. I wouldn't suggest however that that's the best way of doing it. It was more out of my ignorance of the company and stamping in general that I did that. Now I am going to be a demo, just waiting 'til October 1st to send in the paperwork. :P
Reply With Quote Likes