Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:52 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody make their own stamping organizer?

I would like to make a small organizer with information about all my stamps and such. I want to have a page for each set with an image of each stamp on it. A page for my wheels and ink colors. Maybe a section for projects I'm working on or planning to do. I was just wondering how others have made theirs and what info you keep in yours. TIA.
April
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 06:23 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Well, I use a 5x7 3 ring binder and page protectors I find at Michaels (only place I've found them). Then I copy the sticker sheet before I cut my stampin up rubber or actually copy my stamps for my already mounted on the copy machine. Then I stick those pages in the sheet protectors.

Others use a full size binder, but I want to be able to through it in my purse so wanted the smaller size. Unfornutately, I'm just about to start bindre 2 and I'm only 1/2 through cataloguing.

There is a software program out there that I'm tempted to try. I have the scrapbook version and wasn't too impressed so that's why I haven't got their stamp version yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #3  
Mini Quack

Default organize

I am in the process of trying tp design one of these as well...I will try to post ideas as I go...if it does not work for me it may for you... Good Luck...just start, if you do not like it you can always change
I have been having too much fun with my grandkids and secret sisterstuff so this may become a more of a " winter " project...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is a link to one I have checked out - it's called Stamp-A-Log.

http://www.artfullyscribed.com/stamp_log.htm

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I do the binder style for my stamps. I have a lot of SU but I also have images from other companies. So I have one binder of just sets, that way I know which image belongs with which set. The other binder has every image I own sorted by categories like background, floral, food, garden, sports, words, wheels, etc... This way I have a quick reference of all my stamps so I can see what I have and so that I don't duplicate them.
I have a smaller binder that fits in my purse that has all the other stuff. I keep pages for dies for my Sizzix, punches, glitter, embossing, inks, pens and such so I don't duplicate those either. Found this very important after I bought the same color of flocking three times, LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I got the same idea that you have from one of the wonderful people on this site. I bought boxes at JoAnn's and put all my non-SU stamps in it. I label each box and label co-ordinating paper and stamp away. I will make separate folder for SU stamps. That's a good idea about copying when you first get your stamps. I'll have to remember that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 260 Likes on 152 Posts

I had never really thought about it before but this sounds like a great idea. I am always having to refer to the catalogs to put my stamps back into the correct sets. I will have to do this!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I just started this when the retired list came out (took me and my 4 year old a week to do! - felt like cheating I was stamping but not really creating!) First, I stamped all the images from a stamp set on one page in black. For some sets - I could do a couple of sets to a page (backgrounds, 2 per page), the "block sets" (around and about, etc.) three to a page. I wrote the name of the set, whether it was retired, and how many stamps it had.

I also took sayings stamps and stamped them on other pages as well as with their sets, and labelled what set they were with, retired, etc. (I had pages for birthday, christmas, baby, other holidays, general, etc.). I did this only with my SU sets (I'll figure out a way to do my other sets later) except for sayings and alphabets (I threw them all in!)

I put all the pages in page protectors in binders -- have sections pretty much arranged by catty sections (holiday, etc.). Within each section, similar styles are kept together. If there is an inspiration set to go with a set, I put it on the page next to my stamped set. I've also cut apart a few mini-catties to glue on the stamped page. Then I have a separate binder for sayings and alphabets. When I need a happy birthday saying - I go to that section and I'm using sayings stamps that I'd completely forgotten I had ( I tend to use all year cheer I, II, and III for everything - so easy to find!)

If I loan out a stamp set - I put a sticker on top of the page protector where I write who I loaned the set to. So far the stickers are peeling off.

The great thing about actually stamping was that all of my stamps have now seen ink! (You wouldn't believe what a rut I get in where I use the same stamps from the same set over and over again). Also - I found all those pesky edges that needed to be retrimmed. Its still a work in progress (and a bit unweildy in big binders) but I"m finding it easier to not forget what I have, and to find that "just right image" without having to pull out and look at all 225 boxes.

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes