Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I placed a bit order with PTI back in February/March and it came to about $70. While that's not huge to some it was BIG for me. I didn't regret buying any of the items, just buying them all at once. I guess I got caught up in the rush of the release.

I've been adding up my spending lately and really need to cut down on how much I've been spending on craft things. But there's always something new to buy! It's tough...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the only real mistakes I have made are when I buy more of something before I've really tried out the first ones. I tend to think I need a variety of each kind of item. And then when I do, I figure out it's not my thing after all - the latest case of this is Fiskars embossing plates - because now I have discovered they don't really work that well with the hand tool. I researched it here, and found that you can use these in a Cuttlebug for better results. But I'm really thinking I should just sell my $40 investment on eBay, instead of sinking another $40 (assuming a sales price) on the Cuttlebug when I already have a Sizzix.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGJESSEEView Post
whaaa! I decided to stock up on different kinds of ribbon so I went to a store that sells by the yard. I went crazy and got several kinds after the lady cut it all up and rang it up to $131 dollars! on just ribbon! ahhhh, I didn't feel bad at first but now I'm home and feel so bad. You know what you can buy with that money! what was I thinking? Where's the stamper's anonymous group located?
What have you bought that you've spent and regret it?

I regret buying cheaper items that add up like $1.00 stamps most I don't use and I could have used the money for one nice SU stamp set. Like others in the beginning I went and bought all kinds of stuff. I bought all the fiskar plates and rarely use them:{. I went through all my stuff and gave away what I didn't use. Gave them to friends who are beginner stampers, so they could save up for quality items. Made me feel better the items didn't go to waste.

My best purchases were my big shot and the Cricut expressions.

Now I try to really think is this something I really need? Will I really use it? Is it in my budget or should I save the money for something else? But don't be too hard on yourself. We have all spent too much money on this hobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaxychickView Post
This is similar to my story except it was rug hooking... I bought all the supplies and got about 1/2 a frame done until I realized I really don't care for this at all!! Now I have all the supplies if I decide to do it again... they are stored next to my forgotten sewing supplies, jewelry supplies, beads, crochet hooks, kinitting needles, bags of yarn, and pattern books. There must me some hobby I forgot in the that list! Oh yeah, spinning wheel and wool! I knew there was another craft I forgot, literally!
Haha! All the hobby supplies sitting around... this sounds like me! Mosaic, knitting, sewing, crocheting, jewelry... I have so many supplies for different hobbies I have tried sitting around in boxes unused now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think this happens to me every time I spend a large amount of stamping stuff...it usually hits when I walk into my stamping room that is already about to burst at the seams....Yikes...I have been getting better though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

I regret my past purchases but never any SU purchases, just kit clubs that I bought into and never used the stuff. I now digital scrap, so stamp stuff I don't regret, scrap stuff I do regret. I have pretty much weeded stuff down though and since I have photos that I have printed that I have to scrap, I will clear out the scrap stuff and be very diligent in what I am purchasing. So yes regrets in the past, but not anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

i started out like some buying all this non quality stuff. . .became an SU! demo and between that and "having" to use those coupons i pretty much own a small store my husb says. . .and honestly. . .it looks like i do!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaCView Post
PenguinCityLady: www.zappos.com
You can shop by shoes size/width. Free shipping AND FREE RETURNS!! It's awesome!

Sorry for the hijack! I'm sure I've regretted but I've conveninently forgotten my regret! ;)
That's how I feel about www.endless.com Wonderful service.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes