Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:28 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dot2dot...you are right everyone has a right to voice their opinion...but when it is compliant after complaint from the same person...it is just flat out annoying. If you have such bad luck with SU! then maybe it isn't the company for you. In the past month you have complained about:

Bad cardstock
spectrum pads
wheels
shipping costs
not knowing the specials the same day demos do
low ink in inkpads
and sagging ink pads

Now that is just the ones I remember in the past month.

I mean really....is there anything from SU! that you do like??

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 08:50 AM   #82  
Matboard Maniac

GOOD MORNING SPLIT COAST STAMPERS! I hope you are all having a super wonderful day.

DOT2dot thank you for sharing yet another of your pleasant and uplifting messages that we all come here for. I especially wish you a GLORIOUS AND BLESSED day as with all your negativity, you certainly need one. Come on everyone, join in here and wish her a lovely day so she won't feel so awful and pass it on to all of us!

I am bound and determined to use those little alphabits on a swap card today. My hands are doing much better after several soaks in a parrafin bath, so I'm gonna do it! I'll post the results in my gallery tonight.

Love and smiles, Marlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

i personally just love my alphabits.. with shapes and shadows. it is a great way to convey a message in those little flowers.. just love em!!

i too like the idea of printing on the computer.. for a differnt font.. but i especially like that with the stamps.. my ink will be the perfect shade of perfect plum.. or positively pink when i need it.

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Marlene, I find it interesting that on 6 pages of posts with many people having issues with product that you are singling me out.

I would have NO problem with you taking issue with those of us with complaints IF they were untruths. The problem is even you know that there are issues with these products. That customers are unhappy about this should not be thrown in the customer's face. To continue to imply that we customers are too stupid to know when we don't like something is not a good way to represent the company you are so devoted to, is it? To tell us we are supposed to like dark, knotted wood or there is something wrong with us is more than a bit strange.

I buy many hundreds of dollars of SU product, but if the rule is I cannot mention problems with defects or substandard product, I find that truly odd.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #85  
Forum Fanatic

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just hit submit on my Alphabits order. I really thought this thread was going to be about Alphabits.

This thread, BOTH sides of the fence, makes me very sad as a human being. It makes me sad that people would talk so mean to another human being. Julie, thank you for your post this morning. It speaks volumes!

For those of you who posted info about Alphabits, thank you! I'll have to figure it out when my order gets here. I was planning to use the Xyron and then punch until I read Julie's post. Mini glue dots... just when I thought I couldn't possibly need anything else!

C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:29 AM   #86  
Kookie Creator

Default Alphabits

I bought this set and both little punches the first day it was available. I was very excited. I am not overly patient, so I found the punching and gluing each little piece somewhat tedious. I have done a few projects with the punch outs, but I have to really need to say something I can't find a verse stamp!

However, I have been using this set as a background. It is very cute, I was inspired by the set (can't remember the title) in the catalog with the foot and and hand and the letters. Anyway, it makes a cute background.

This could be an alternative use for when your RA is acting up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Dot2dot, I wished you a glorious and blessed day. If that is singleing you out, I'm sorry. That certainly wasn't mean spirited. At least last time I checked. I thought it was darn nice, actually.

As a demo, I am very sorry that you are unhappy with SU quality. I have only been a Demo a short time (one year) but a customer for several years. I shudder to think between being a demo and a customer how many thousands of dollars I have spent with Stampin' UP.I have only had issues with poor quality ONCE. The pad one one of Petal point chalk pads kept falling off. I called SU told them of the problem, they replaced it - Got in in two days- OVER done- finished, end of story. I did not spend day after day on SCS complaining about poor quality. I called, they fixed the problem, DONE!

Do not tell me even I know that it is poor quality, because I will not agree with you there. I have thousands of stamps from all different companies. I choose to stay with Stampin' Up because of their excellent quality and service. If you have an issue with it take it to the home office.

Have you looked around you? Listened to the news? Talked with your neighbor? Worse things are happening and going on all around you. Be thankful that you don't have more serious issues to deal with on a daily basis. As some of us do. Try putting some of that negative energy toward doing something positive- like sending a RAK to someone who could use it.
Quite frankly we are getting tired of your constant complaining on here when all it's doing is getting people angry and upset. This isn't about opinions anymore. It's getting ugly. SCS is not the place for that. This website was started by a SCS demo. You can't expect to come on this site and constantly bash something WE love and not get people angry. It's not nice. If you feel the need that you HAVE to do that, then you need to find another site to visit, because we don't like it here!

Again, I wish you a glorious and blessed day.

Please do not bother to post a reply as I have no desire to converse with you. Your negativity drains me and with my health problems that's the last thing I need.

Ladies, please let this go. The more you answer, the longer it will go on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #88  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks to all of you that replied to the actual topic I have been considering getting the alphabits, but after reading your posts, all of which were mostly for them, I decided not to. There are other ways I feel I could get the same effect and I am on a very limited time and space budget. I agree that I bet this set is great and has many uses, but I probably would have bought them and not really used them due to the time constraint and then have wasted the money I could have spent on something else SU! I just wanted to thank you all for your help and support and having a way to banter about things and discuss topics most of my friends get very bored with very quickly! Who would have thought 6 pages of debate on whether to buy a stamp set?? and to think I read them all! Interesting what kinds of conversations creep up huh?
thanks again,
kristie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #89  
Glitter Queen

Default How are these mounted? on one block or individually

How are these mounted?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #90  
Matboard Maniac

There are four different "fonts" of alphabet . Each entire alphabet is mounted on one wood block. You stamp the whole alphabet and use the little SU punches to punch out the letters you need. Very cute effect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #91  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OKIE DOKIE LADIES HERE GOES:

Here is a link to the Terms of Service:
Terms Of Service

Learn it
Love it
Live it (haha-2 points if you know the movie that is from )

Okay-this thread started out as someone asking opinions on Alphabits-yes or no. Somehow it has snowballed into a tit for tat about personal issues.
GET OVER IT

Once again Julie has said it best. This place is NOT a place for continual negativity. If you don't like what someone says-IGNORE THEM and let it go.
From the TOS:

Quote:

Any guidelines we institute are in addition to rules of “common sense�? or “common courtesy�? and we are not outlining or providing for every situation. The simple rules we write here can in no way constitute the entire scope of how the board will be managed. We can only provide the guidelines, and do our best to maintain this site with its original purpose in mind -a place for people to get together and share their creativity and talent, and provide support for one another in a positive way.

SCS expects and welcomes contributions that stimulate and add to our creative atmosphere. While encouraging all discussions, we expect all participants to treat each other with respect and courtesy.
In other words-BE NICE.

One person should NOT try and speak for others. That goes for demos AND customers, and both sides deciding they will be the voice for a group. It is absurd and will continuously lead to dissenters popping up to say, "That hasn't happened to me," or "I don't agree." I also don't particularly enjoy when anyone says what SU or demos or customers "KNOW." Speak for yourself and YOURSELF ONLY.

If not a regular discussion becomes a no-win situation that is ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY ON THIS SITE.

If you read a question (which is what started this thread) and you have an answer-give it. Just because this is an open forum does NOT mean it is an open forum for continued negativity. I am not talking about customers or demos either, but everyone that enjoys the PRIVILEGE of being a member of this site.

Thank you for your time and THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSITIVE ENERGY AND COMMENTS.

**edited for poor spelling**

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:05 AM   #92  
Mad Swapper

Well said Britta! Thanks for the reminder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #93  
Mad Swapper

I can't wait to get my alphabits set. And I agree with Tasha they look terrific with the shapes and shadows images, for the most part those cards sold me on the set!!! I'm not sure if the center blossom/letter was your idea or not but awesome!!!

Mainly I read and don't actually post - but I have to mention I have always enjoyed the overall positiveness of this site and the SCS group at large.

I find "HRH" to be one of the most thoughtful, tactful, and respectful individuals I have ever encountered. I know I aspire to be more like her.

This on-going debate seems to be happening more and more - I sincerely hope with spring around the corner many of us will have a renewed sense of joyfulness, energy and hope.

As of right now I'm hoping a number of these gals with current posts is not my secret sister. Sorry but I too am looking for uplifting experiences in my life.

Warm regards to All, Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #94  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you Britta. It's sooooo frustrating to those of us that come here and look forward to the pleasant chat about what we love- STAMPING!

I just wish that everyone would just get in the habit of not feeding into the negative posts. The more you try to defend- the more heated it gets.

There are several people out there that I think make it a habit to come on SCS and stir the pot. And most of you know who I mean. It's time for everyone to say enough! Ignore them. Do not add more fuel to their fire as that's what they are hoping for. Just wish them a glorious, wonderful, blessed day, and hopefully they'll get the message and move on!

Now I'm off to finish my distressed cards for rubberpad's swap and I'm gonna use those ALPHABITS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine P
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just hit submit on my Alphabits order. I really thought this thread was going to be about Alphabits.

This thread, BOTH sides of the fence, makes me very sad as a human being. It makes me sad that people would talk so mean to another human being. Julie, thank you for your post this morning. It speaks volumes!

For those of you who posted info about Alphabits, thank you! I'll have to figure it out when my order gets here. I was planning to use the Xyron and then punch until I read Julie's post. Mini glue dots... just when I thought I couldn't possibly need anything else!

C
i just use my 2 way glue pen.. and tweezers.. goes pretty quickly. i hold them in my tweezers.. dab a bit of glue, turn it over, and lay where i want.. tehn set aside for a few minutes to dry.. they are soo cute!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jent
I can't wait to get my alphabits set. And I agree with Tasha they look terrific with the shapes and shadows images, for the most part those cards sold me on the set!!! I'm not sure if the center blossom/letter was your idea or not but awesome!!!

Mainly I read and don't actually post - but I have to mention I have always enjoyed the overall positiveness of this site and the SCS group at large.

I find "HRH" to be one of the most thoughtful, tactful, and respectful individuals I have ever encountered. I know I aspire to be more like her.

This on-going debate seems to be happening more and more - I sincerely hope with spring around the corner many of us will have a renewed sense of joyfulness, energy and hope.

As of right now I'm hoping a number of these gals with current posts is not my secret sister. Sorry but I too am looking for uplifting experiences in my life.

Warm regards to All, Janice
no, i didnt come up with that card.. i dont come up with much on my own.. i just thank whoever did come up with it.. cause i love it!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #97  
Matboard Maniac

When I've had bad/damaged product in the past, I just call SU demo support and they have just sent me a new one. I have never had to send the damaged product to them, but that's not saying that they wouldn't.

I haven't had too many blocks that are defective, but I have had several things missing in my orders lately that are listed on the packing slip. SU has been very helpful and has sent the missing items ASAP to me, but it's still an inconvenience. Has anyone else noticed this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #98  
Matboard Maniac

I just used my Alphabits for the first time and I love them. It was kind of frustrating at first with the little letter and trying to stick them on so I used mini dots at first, then I had a brain storm to run the whole thing through my Xyron first then punch the letters. It worked great. I'm sold on both the Alphabits and on Xyron.

Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:21 PM   #99  
Kookie Creator

Default try this

Back to the original question,

I cant comment on Alphabits because I decided not to get it but for those of you who thought that the set might be difficult to work with, you could try this:

I already own a Hero Arts alphabet stamp set- these stamps are individually mounted so you would not have to worry about cutting them out or manipulating the image. In my mind's eye, the indivdual letters on the hero arts set I have seem to be about the right size to work with the SU round and square punches- so I plan to use the Hero set with the SU punch and that way I get letters I can stamp individually ( without having to stamp 25 other letters) and I can use those cute little round and square punches too.

Hope it helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I haven't had too many blocks that are defective, but I have had several things missing in my orders lately that are listed on the packing slip. SU has been very helpful and has sent the missing items ASAP to me, but it's still an inconvenience. Has anyone else noticed this?
The only problem I've had with SU since the shipping issues the end of last year is that I had one or two stamp sets arrive 1 day after the main box....that's it. I think that's pretty darn good.

Well, after reading all these posts, I definitely need to get the alphabits and punches. I want to play with them NOW but sadly they will have to wait until mid-end of April. Oh well....

On a positive note (and slightly off topic - sorry) I want to say that I am so thankful for both SU and SCS. As I've commented (probably too many times) I've had a lot of problems this year but both my SU products and SU as a company, and this awesome website have been a bit of sunshine in the darkness. Thank you to all you wonderful ladies that are positive, funny, quirky, or just plain silly (maybe even lame??) I really appreciate you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #101  
Matboard Maniac

Okay girls. I finished my card that I used the alphabits on and I'm going to try to load it here.

WARNING! DO NOT LOOK AT THIS CARD IF YOU ARE IN RUBBERPADS DISTRESSED CARD SWAP! You'll spoil the suprise of the card you are getting from me!!! hee hee hee :twisted:

I just love these little letters!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabits- worth it?-friendship_s_journey_distressed__paper_swap.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM   #102  
Mad Swapper

Marlene - It's lovely. Wonderful job with the letters - they look so perfect
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #103  
Duchess of Dork

I'm so unpicky about the wood blocks that I never even noticed the colorings on them. I read the SU info about the wood blocks. Do the knots & streaks affect the quality of wood? I know in boards you don't want the knots & streaks (of course, I never buy that stuff---I wouldn't know which ones were bad!). This one is an honest to goodness question, not a difference of anyone's opinion!

Thank you!
Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 05:36 PM   #104  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm no wood expert, but I have to think that unless we are using them to stand on, bang down nails, throw at our husbands, etc etc that the color and the knots won't make any difference. I think for normal stamping purposes, it's safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #105  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alphabits- worth it?

Got these but not mounted yet. Like them more as a background stamp but will use to form greetings (stamp & punch out) - it would make me crazzzy to mount individually on teeny tiny blocks. As for the wood - I always look for the most interesting grain and use that side for the label so I can see the grain. Wouldn't consider the pic I saw as 'seconds' & it should be fine as long as the knots in the wood aren't actually loose & falling out. Just goes to show we all have our preference... as a friend is always saying... it's all relative!
I think SU products are very good quality in general - did get a few odd classic pads that were high at then outer edges & 1 or 2 with excess glue & a bit less juicy. Maybe a weak run at the factory or there was a change in mfg. All in all excellent quality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 06:43 PM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
i personally just love my alphabits.. with shapes and shadows. it is a great way to convey a message in those little flowers.. just love em!!

They are so so so cute in the middle of the shapes and shadow flowers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #107  
Matboard Maniac

What an awesome idea! I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amen Marlene
Enough already! I bought them the set and both punches as soon as I saw them. And I don't buy alot from the mini's. But thought I could do alot with them. Have still to use them. The point is we all will not like everything. If you don't Like it don't buy it!!!
Let's put this to bed.....
KK
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #109  
Glitter Guru

Marlene,
Beautiful card! I really love it -- thanks for sharing!

Also, for everyone who posted about Alphabits, thanks for your opinions and hints. I've been on the fence about getting it, but I've decided to take the plunge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 AM   #110  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Britta's comment

Britta-
That would be Fast Times at Ridgemont High! Do I get my 2 points?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 AM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for all your opinions on these stamps and punches, I am definately still ordering them. I really like them as backgrounds and I am sure I can handle punching them out, might be a little fiddly but something for me to do in a traffic jam, at the doctors or somewhere else I get stuck!

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 12:31 PM   #112  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I thought I'd heard everything, but stampin in traffic!!!! LOL

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 03:17 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

Another way to adhere the alphabits is to use a piece of sticky strip tape, but mini glue dot might be easier. Glue stick would be my third choice. I like aggressiveness in my adhesives...lol.

I am going to buy Alphabits because I am a scrapbooker and I think they are great for scrapbooking as well as for customizing a birthday card by punching someone's name and for doing a title you don't have...as seen a few pages back on that lovely St. Patty's Day card.

edited to add: I figured you could even just color the letter you want with the SU markers and stamp that so it's less paper wasted. I saw in a magazine a while back using a stamp like these they inked the whole stamp in one color and then used a marker to change the color for the letters N and O so they stood out and read "NO". They used it as an embellishment on a scrapbook page about their toddler son who was using that word more frequently of late. You could do the same thing with the letters H and I and they would spell out "HI" and use it on a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 05:11 AM   #114  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot2dot
Excuse me Mandy, but my computer has been down the better part of the last week. Not sure what you meant about daily complaint. I am only allowed to post in agreement but others here can have their say?
I know we are letting this die, but I can’t help but say that her history contradicts the quote. The only days this month she has not posted were March 1st and 2nd, March 9th and March 31st. I guess she is referring to the week March 21st - 25th. dot2dot had 9 posts on the 21st, 15 on the 22nd, 7 on the 23rd, 2 on the 24th, 3 on the 25th.

Sorry the inconsistencies in her story just brings out the cop in me.

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #115  
Polyshrink Goddess

As I said, my computer was down most of each day of that week. Additionally I was 500 miles from home on the 24th. Maybe the time zones are messed up here or whatever for that day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #116  
Polyshrink Goddess

Nope, the times are correct as I just checked. The above poster listed posts that do not exist. I hope she has the integrity to apologize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #117  
Polyshrink Goddess

LOL, hubby just reminded me that we did not even have a computer in our home March 28, 29, and 31 due to repairs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:24 PM   #118  
Matboard Maniac

I could care less when your computer was down. You want to talk about that- start another thread. This thread is about ALPHABITS. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #119  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I know we are letting this die...
Please let's just let this die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #120  
Matboard Maniac

Dot2dot I am sending a copy of the pm you sent me, asking me if integrity is a foreign concept to me, to the moderators. Do not pm me again.

This thread is about alphabits stamps. I have the box at the bottom checked as I want to read about this stamp set. If you want to discuss something other than that, start another thread.

Have a glorious and blessed evening.
Reply With Quote Likes