Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #1281  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholles
Yeah!
It's going to be so nice to have him home. Can't wait for our trip up north either.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #1282  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968
So DH called tonight. He's off the ship and begins his journey home tonight. Due to arrive in MB Saturdaya t 10:40 pm
woohoo to that girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #1283  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetsyJo
it is 7:30 here and DS is ALREADY IN BED. And he's been snoozing on the couch since 6:00......after he fell asleep eating dinner! he has refused to take a nap the past two days, and apparently it really caught up with him tonight while he was eating his hot dog! cause he was out cold and I could NOT get him to wake up! so......I clipped his nails (cause it is impossible to do while he is awake!! hehe), took some photos (of course), then snatched him up and cuddled on the couch while I watched tv and he kept on snoozing! He doesn't ever cuddle like that anymore and sometimes i miss it!! So, after about an HOUR of that (he was getting heavy...), I tried waking him up again, didn't work, so I set him up to try to get him to wake up. He just laid right back down on the other end of the couch. Kept snoozing for another half hour.....and I finally gave up and carried him upstairs to go to bed! I brushed his teeth while he pretty much slept, then changed him to his jammies and laid him right down! Easiest night EVER!
WOW! Sounds like one tired little guy! I wish it was that easy fro me to get Duncan to bed when he doesn't nap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #1284  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG! You would not believe how loud it just thundered! Sounded like a huge explosion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #1285  
Hardware Hotshot

omg, the daycare was HORRIBLE today! I was about to collapse at the end of the day! The kids were all cranky/fussy/tired/off-schedule.....I can go on and on......it was just one of those days where EVERYONE was having a bad day! My two one year old girls were tired the moment they arrived! They were ready to nap at 8:00 AM! The one girl still takes an AM nap and it was all I could do to get her to stay awake till 9:00, when I lay her down for her nap. The other girl doesn't take an AM nap, so it was really hard keeping her up till lunch! All the kiddos were extra touchy/sensitive and it was just a wierd day! The baby and his 2 year old brother were here today, but they didn't come till 10:00, which makes it harder cause then they are all off-schedule (plus, they're still getting used to being here, so it was another adjustment day). They were both upset/cranky/tired/fussy too. Then Jack was just okay. He refused to take a nap, so it was kinda rough. I didn't get to eat lunch and I didn't sit down till AFTER all the kiddos left for the day! I wasn't frusterated or mad, I was just like "What do I do??????". I'm still trying to get into a routine and I don't think that will happen till school starts and I have a more consistent schedule with the kids. Plus, Jack is still trying to adjust I think. Plus, it was rainy and dark outside today, so that probably didn't help matters any!

Thanks for asking how my day was! hehe....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #1286  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

WOW! Sounds like one tired little guy! I wish it was that easy fro me to get Duncan to bed when he doesn't nap.

I was totally baffled! It is not usually like that! We'll see how he does in the AM! I'm hoping he doesn't get up super early!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #1287  
Hardware Hotshot

donna, how long has DH been gone? Is he going to be home for a long time?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #1288  
Stazon Splitcoast

cannonball

Stopping in again for a split second. What on earth is happening to me? I again have another headache. I took an advil about 2 hours ago and it's still throbing. My mom thinks it is sinuses which it could be since I feel a bit stuffed and have blown my nose a couple times today.

Anyway my parents came today. My dad mounted the gate to the wall so now they cant escape and then we went to home depot and got a grill. So we are all set for the party on the 26th. Well, not really all set as I still need to buy food/drinks.

Things have been extremely stressful here. First we get the property tax and yikes it went up 3,000! Then we get the phone call today from the electric company. They wanted $4,000. I almost passed out. Anyway I got her to cut it in half and she gave us a payment plan for the next 24 months. I was nearly in tears when she told us how much we owed on electric. You see our meter broke and they finally came out to repair it but they haven't billed us for 2 years. It's like every time we turn around somthing happens and more money is owed!

Well, I'm going to lay down since my head is still throbbing. At 9pm if it is still killing me Im going to take a nighttime sudafed and pray that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #1289  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

omg, the daycare was HORRIBLE today! I was about to collapse at the end of the day! The kids were all cranky/fussy/tired/off-schedule.....I can go on and on......it was just one of those days where EVERYONE was having a bad day! My two one year old girls were tired the moment they arrived! They were ready to nap at 8:00 AM! The one girl still takes an AM nap and it was all I could do to get her to stay awake till 9:00, when I lay her down for her nap. The other girl doesn't take an AM nap, so it was really hard keeping her up till lunch! All the kiddos were extra touchy/sensitive and it was just a wierd day! The baby and his 2 year old brother were here today, but they didn't come till 10:00, which makes it harder cause then they are all off-schedule (plus, they're still getting used to being here, so it was another adjustment day). They were both upset/cranky/tired/fussy too. Then Jack was just okay. He refused to take a nap, so it was kinda rough. I didn't get to eat lunch and I didn't sit down till AFTER all the kiddos left for the day! I wasn't frusterated or mad, I was just like "What do I do??????". I'm still trying to get into a routine and I don't think that will happen till school starts and I have a more consistent schedule with the kids. Plus, Jack is still trying to adjust I think. Plus, it was rainy and dark outside today, so that probably didn't help matters any!

Thanks for asking how my day was! hehe....
Ok, note to seelf.. don't ask how daycare was...hehehehe
I'm sure once you can get on a routien things will go smoother on days when everyone is a bit off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #1290  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

donna, how long has DH been gone? Is he going to be home for a long time?
He's been gone about 6 weeks and should be home for 6 weeks, give or take a few days
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #1291  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2triplets04
cannonball

Stopping in again for a split second. What on earth is happening to me? I again have another headache. I took an advil about 2 hours ago and it's still throbing. My mom thinks it is sinuses which it could be since I feel a bit stuffed and have blown my nose a couple times today.

Anyway my parents came today. My dad mounted the gate to the wall so now they cant escape and then we went to home depot and got a grill. So we are all set for the party on the 26th. Well, not really all set as I still need to buy food/drinks.

Things have been extremely stressful here. First we get the property tax and yikes it went up 3,000! Then we get the phone call today from the electric company. They wanted $4,000. I almost passed out. Anyway I got her to cut it in half and she gave us a payment plan for the next 24 months. I was nearly in tears when she told us how much we owed on electric. You see our meter broke and they finally came out to repair it but they haven't billed us for 2 years. It's like every time we turn around somthing happens and more money is owed!

Well, I'm going to lay down since my head is still throbbing. At 9pm if it is still killing me Im going to take a nighttime sudafed and pray that helps.
what in the world?!?!?!?!? CRAZY stuff! WHy did the electric company want $4,000???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #1292  
Stazon Splitcoast

betsy - they wanted to bill us for 2005 which would be 4,000 if they went by what we used in JULY and August. They were doing an estimate. Oh, my! July and August is the most we use our electric because of the air. Once it gets cooler out then we use gas (for heat) so I told her that and the fact that I ahve triplets and cant' turn off the air to save some money and then she said okay I will reduce it 50%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #1293  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

cannonball

No wonder you have a headache! That stinks about the electric, especially since it's not your fault. They sould have fixed that ages ago.
Hang in there and get some rest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #1294  
Stazon Splitcoast

they are waiving 2004. THANK GOD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #1295  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ok, note to seelf.. don't ask how daycare was...hehehehe
I'm sure once you can get on a routien things will go smoother on days when everyone is a bit off.
LOL.....I'm glad you asked! It was just one of those crazy days!!!!!!!

One of my daycare mom's is pregnant (she's 6 mo pg.....she "just found out".....it's a longer story than that.....but I find that kinda funny!) and I'm nervous she's gonna ask me to watch the baby too. I'm not sure my sanity can handle TWO infants! We'll just have to see. I REALLY like this mom (we actually went to high school together!) and we get along really well and she really likes the way I do my daycare. her daughter is doing MUCH better at my house than at her previous daycare......so i am waiting to see what her plan is for daycare for two kiddos! I'm just not exactly sure what to say yet....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #1296  
Stazon Splitcoast

donna - I called back in 2004 when I was getting negative bills and they said it was a credit that I over paid. So I never called them again. I was getting credits each month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #1297  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

betsy - they wanted to bill us for 2005 which would be 4,000 if they went by what we used in JULY and August. They were doing an estimate. Oh, my! July and August is the most we use our electric because of the air. Once it gets cooler out then we use gas (for heat) so I told her that and the fact that I ahve triplets and cant' turn off the air to save some money and then she said okay I will reduce it 50%.
that is CRAZY! I can't beleive they would figure that estimate based on those two hot months! how dumb of them! $4000 in ONE year is an insane amount for electric!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #1298  
Stazon Splitcoast

yeah it could be the stress of this causing my headache. It's a one sided migrane like last night. I was fine when I woke up. I actually slept from 9:30 last night till 8am. I was fine and then all that electric stuff. Then I had to get the grill. When I got the grill that's when my headache started again. (I had no nap).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #1299  
Stazon Splitcoast

betsy - She said it was bit high. July was $500 and August was about the same. She said we must be running something big. The only thing we do have is the air on and my husband has his computers running all the time. I stopped putting lights on during the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #1300  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LOL.....I'm glad you asked! It was just one of those crazy days!!!!!!!

One of my daycare mom's is pregnant (she's 6 mo pg.....she "just found out".....it's a longer story than that.....but I find that kinda funny!) and I'm nervous she's gonna ask me to watch the baby too. I'm not sure my sanity can handle TWO infants! We'll just have to see. I REALLY like this mom (we actually went to high school together!) and we get along really well and she really likes the way I do my daycare. her daughter is doing MUCH better at my house than at her previous daycare......so i am waiting to see what her plan is for daycare for two kiddos! I'm just not exactly sure what to say yet....
How old will the baby you have now be when you could get this potential new one? I remember in MA when Duncan was in daycare, she could only have 2 babies and 6 kids total because of the size of her space and the fact it was just her. Don't know if they have laws liek that where you are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #1301  
Stazon Splitcoast

I asked her if I should turn the air off and then turn it on during the night and she told me it would use more energy to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #1302  
Stazon Splitcoast

okay girls I am going now as I really need to lay down. Talk to you later or tomorrow.

bummer thing is I got my SU order today and wanted to mount all the sets I got but this head is killing me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #1303  
Stazon Splitcoast

night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #1304  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

How old will the baby you have now be when you could get this potential new one? I remember in MA when Duncan was in daycare, she could only have 2 babies and 6 kids total because of the size of her space and the fact it was just her. Don't know if they have laws liek that where you are.
That's pretty much how it is here.....I can have 6 kids total and 2 babies.....but do I really WANT two babies here in addition to the other little tykes???????????

My current infant is just 4 months.....so he'll be probably 9 months by the time the new mom would go back to work (I'll guessing...) and I would gain her 2 month old. Make sense? The plus to her schedule is that she works either 8:30 or 9:00 AM to 3:30 or 4:00 PM, so it is a nice amount of time for her DD to be here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #1305  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nigth Laura. How you feel better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #1306  
Hardware Hotshot

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO in the mood to scrap! My craft table is piled high right now and I need to clear that off first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #1307  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's pretty much how it is here.....I can have 6 kids total and 2 babies.....but do I really WANT two babies here in addition to the other little tykes???????????

My current infant is just 4 months.....so he'll be probably 9 months by the time the new mom would go back to work (I'll guessing...) and I would gain her 2 month old. Make sense? The plus to her schedule is that she works either 8:30 or 9:00 AM to 3:30 or 4:00 PM, so it is a nice amount of time for her DD to be here!
Well, I'd would off on saying anothing until school starts and you get into a routine. Then you'll have a better feel for if you want another infant. And who knows, another toddler could come and take the spot as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #1308  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO in the mood to scrap! My craft table is piled high right now and I need to clear that off first.
I need to get off the couch and pack my bags for the crop I'm going to tomorrow night. I'm going to try and finish up some projects I started a while back. Next Friday night I'm going to another crop and I've got a bunch of new projects planned
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #1309  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholles
I need to get off the couch and pack my bags for the crop I'm going to tomorrow night. I'm going to try and finish up some projects I started a while back. Next Friday night I'm going to another crop and I've got a bunch of new projects planned
Oh sounds like fun. I need to start planing my next pages. MAybe I'll do that tonight. All this scrap talk is getting me motivated
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #1310  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Well, I'd would off on saying anothing until school starts and you get into a routine. Then you'll have a better feel for if you want another infant. And who knows, another toddler could come and take the spot as well.
Yah, I definitely decided that I would wait till I get into the routine of school to see how it goes....and if I can handle another infant! I have seven kiddos total I'll be watching when school starts......but two are only here in the AM, one only comes in the PM, and one is just two days a week (and I'm not sure that one is gonna work out.....it is one of my friends and they are having a REAL hard time getting here on time to pick her up before I close!.....so we'll see!). So, I'll never have 7 kids at the same time.....we'll just have to see how it goes!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #1311  
Hardware Hotshot

well, i'm gonna finish browsing the gallery, then get started on my scrappin!!!!!
have a great night, ladies! See you all tomorrow! Or....who knows, I'll probably pop back on later tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #1312  
Stazon Splitcoast

Later Betsy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #1313  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Arrow YAAAHOOO

YIPEEE Hip Hip HOORAY! I'm early today! Oh YEAH doin the happy dance.

CHECK IT OUT CHICKADEE'S...

SBDC07

sorry about the bad link...I fixed it!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 08-10-2006 at 10:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #1314  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Hey Betsy Boo...Bye Betsy Boo!

Quote:

well, i'm gonna finish browsing the gallery, then get started on my scrappin!!!!!
have a great night, ladies! See you all tomorrow! Or....who knows, I'll probably pop back on later tonight!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #1315  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Hola Donna!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #1316  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
Hola Donna!
Hi ya Tracy! How's it going today? Saw you posted the diva.. woohoo, awesome pick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #1317  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
YIPEEE Hip Hip HOORAY! I'm early today! Oh YEAH doin the happy dance.

CHECK IT OUT CHICKADEE'S...

SBDC07
FYI, when i click the link, I get page not found. Just wanted to let you now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #1318  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so glad I decided to check in one more time before bed - I'm the second person to see the new DIVA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #1319  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I'm going to hit the hay early tonight. I'll get up early and pack my crop bags before I go to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #1320  
Stazon Splitcoast

Night Melanie. I'm sitting here working on a page, checking in every so often. I think I'm coming down with what Duncan, yuck.
Reply With Quote Likes