Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBTC38 STRESSED, October 6, 2006

SBTC38 - STRESSED!!
More scrapping focused on YOU - This week�s theme challenge is to scrap something that was stressful for you or your thoughts on a difficult decision or time in your life. Maybe it�s a habit you want to break or one you want to start. Or maybe it�s something you wished you would have done or done differently. I find it easier to have a clear perspective on things when a bit of time has passed so maybe this is something from long ago that you are ready to talk about or share or get down on paper. Maybe there are difficult things going on right now in your life and scrapping something about them will help you get a handle on them. Journaling that feels too intimate to share can be hidden on your page.

OR maybe not.

If you have a stress-free life or if you�re not ready or able to scrap your decision/stress then make a page that is DIS-Stressed. I love the look and there are many ways to achieve it - dtp, tearing, emery boards, thumbnails, sand paper, curling edges, burning (carefully!!), spritz with water or the new distressing tools from SU.

STRESSED - We�ve all been there at one time or another and although a wise lady once said that STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS, chocolate doesn�t always cure it. (But it never hurts to give it a shot!! I highly recommend a good dark chocolate and a glass of merlot any day of the week!) Often when we talk about our difficulties it helps ease our minds. And sharing a difficult decision and your thoughts about it can be very insightful to your family, friends and loved ones. If you haven�t started it yet, I encourage you to start a {Self} Centered album that is filled with pages about you - good times and hard times! Your family will certainly treasure it.

..Let�s see yours!

Here are some pages that might be inspiring to you.
Mamakimberley�s digital page http://splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=324654&si=sad
And another of hers http://splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=344311&si=hard%20time
SKICIO�s Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Mrslevite�s Son and DIL in Iraq http://splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=270356&si=tears
JenHenry http://splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=82188
(The quote on her page says �Just because the rose died on the vine, doesn�t mean it didn�t smell sweet while it was in full bloom.�)

After you upload your pages into your gallery, be sure to include a link in this thread. If you have any questions, please post to this thread as well. (Also if you have found a fabulous chocolate that you want to share, post that as well!)

I can�t wait to see your STRESSED pages!

Remember to observe No Upload Sunday and include {page size}, SBTC38 in your keywords.

Guest hostess this week, Mary R

Last edited by MaryR; 10-05-2006 at 09:30 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

wow, either you were up really late or are up really early! Interesting challenge Miss Mary - you always make us think! I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for being the guest hostess and putting together another great challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 05:47 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, great challenge Mary! I'll have to give this some though. There are several things I could do but not sure exactly how tos crap them... hmm... You have me thinking outside my box...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooh Mary! I think I have just the perfect 'Stressed' idea!!! I might just have to participate in this one!!! great idea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #5  
The Digi-Freak

Here's one I did for this!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Kimberly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kimberly, thank you! what a page and what honest and intimate journaling - love your page and your openness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

What a wonderful theme challenge..I am out of town for two weeks and just stopping by to check out my most favorite challenge..will definitely have to catch up when return back home. Thanks Mary for another wonderful challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamps for Smiles

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

You KNOW I've got to check out the themes too!! I love this Mary!!! What an awesome idea for more ideas on the self-centered album!!! You KNOW I'll have to do this one this week!!

Don't have time this weekend...but I'll get to it!! Now...let me see if I can think outside the box on this one too!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2006, 06:03 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamps for Smiles

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I also have to say something about the pages that I looked at after I posted my first comment. I LOVE the samples you've shown...all those pages are fabulous and I appreciate those people willing to share those...what great ideas! THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, got a challenge done! First one in a long time.. too long actually. Thanks for this challenge Mary, it was good therapy for me.
Here's the link:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Miss Mary - where's your page???

I'll show you mine - IF you show me yours!!!!

I worked on the journaling tonight, but need to let it sit and HOPE to finish it in the morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite Grandma
Hey Miss Mary - where's your page???

I'll show you mine - IF you show me yours!!!!
Hey YOU! you are a TEASE! Let's see yours! I will probably do a DIS-stressed page this week, but I am soooo impressed by some of the Stressed pages that have been shared on SCS. Very touching and very healing and self-therapeutic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #13  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryR
Hey YOU! you are a TEASE! Let's see yours! I will probably do a DIS-stressed page this week, but I am soooo impressed by some of the Stressed pages that have been shared on SCS. Very touching and very healing and self-therapeutic.
No kidding! WOW Mary, I am surprised you haven't scrapped this yet!! I haven't had much time for "pleasure scrampin" these days. This is a kick in the butt though. I'm up for it, but when!?!?
...I should be sleeping now! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 07:30 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryR
HeHeHe!
I also been impressed by the stressed pages - just not sure I'm up to pouring my heart out yet.
The journaling wasn't coming on the one I started working on, so I left it alone and took another direction. Want DH to look at the journaling yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 07:38 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite Grandma
HeHeHe!
I also been impressed by the stressed pages - just not sure I'm up to pouring my heart out yet.
The journaling wasn't coming on the one I started working on, so I left it alone and took another direction. Want DH to look at the journaling yet.
Completely understand your comments here regarding not being ready to pour your heart out! I am so the same way and that's just to share it with my family! However, I am challenging myself to work toward this. And I want to really really encourage everyone to consider doing a page with lots of journaling (hidden or not) that conveys your thoughts and feeling regarding a difficult time or difficult decision. It is such a treasure that your family will cherish in the years to come and can be insightful and truly show them a side of you that they may not know. I really really think that a {Self} album is a gift like no other.

This challenge is a toughie, and if it does nothing more than to put that thought into your head about doing some of these reflective pages, then it's good! I was looking for a particular layout completely unrelated to this and found a great article and some incredible pages called Tales of Triumph in the Scrapbooks Etc magazine Aug/Sep 2006. Take a look at that if you can get your hands on a copy. It's certainly a challenging turn in our typical scrapbooking the happy stuff!

BUT I KNOW that you girls can do a dis-stressed page and I want to see those pages done and uploaded, eh?! There's your easy out on this week's theme!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

And definately know that setting something aside for awhile and letting it simmer and work itself out, does wonders sometimes for a page that just isn't coming together! good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my page,

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my stressed/distressed page; when all else fails talk about the weather right???

Charlie Frances and Jeanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2006, 05:44 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

love your page and yes, stressed sounds pretty accurate for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all you Scrapper Girls out there ~ just wanted to share part of a PM I got this week because I know that what she is saying is relevant for most if not ALL of us. A lot of what she said is true for myself!

This challenge to scrap a stressful time for you is a tough challenge and it may or may not get done, but I just wanted all of us to stretch a little bit and to also think about letting our families 'in' on our personal struggles and intimate thoughts.

Whether or not you choose to share it in a public forum is certainly a personal decision and sometimes just the process of getting your feelings and emotions down on paper will help you settle your mind.

I just wanted to let you know that it's not that I'm NOT doing your theme, but this is one that I don't think I'd like to post. Some things I just assume leave just between my family and this would be one like that!! Not that I don't LOVE your idea...just not ready for the public!! ...I just have a problem with sharing what my stress is!! I'm still stressing over it a little and it's hard to share with the public right now...maybe later, but right now, I'm not ready. THANKS so much for the challenge...very unique idea and I honestly never would've thought to do this until now...Oh Mary....I certainly have them and we are going through things at this time and I certainly agree about getting it down on a page!! I guess I never thought about it until this challenge, but this really is a great idea!! I'm so glad that you undestand!! My hurts are still fresh to me and I'm a little shy!! THANKS!!

I know that she is SO not alone in her thoughts and struggles on this and I so much want all of us to see this as part of a healing process. Thanks, Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

This is to commend Andrea for sharing her feelings of stress while her son was in the NICU- it's a very hard road. I know...I'm a Neonatologist at the largest NICU in the country. I am hoping to get time to scrap the "stress" from the other side of the bed someday. It's something that energizes me, but at the same time wears me out. Making tough life and death decisions, and accepting when I can do no more is very humbling.

I promise I will do this page... someday

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time~ Charles M. Schulz

My Gallery/My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you so much! We were very lucky, my son was only in for four days and it was not nearly as serious as some of the other babies I saw in there. I can only imagine how rewarding and hard your job must be. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamperdoc
This is to commend Andrea for sharing her feelings of stress while her son was in the NICU- it's a very hard road. I know...I'm a Neonatologist at the largest NICU in the country. I am hoping to get time to scrap the "stress" from the other side of the bed someday. It's something that energizes me, but at the same time wears me out. Making tough life and death decisions, and accepting when I can do no more is very humbling.

I promise I will do this page... someday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Mary, thanks for the challenge, i am sure this IS theraputic.
here is my page...the pictues are of my DH and puppy. there is an ultrasound pic i found online, a picture says a thousand words and that one shows my feelings in words i can not express!

Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes