Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #81  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
I did this card in the last VSN. I liked it so much I made 5 more for my quota for this month.
That is such a cute card. I love the plaid paper you used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #82  
Forum Fanatic

I can go to bed now that I caught up with all the July cards. I hope I corrected all of my typos. I finished just in time, too. My battery is ready to bite the dust. Time to go recharge. Have a great week everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Debbie, I'm glad you got your cards done and glad we could help you by listening to your rant....good to get it out of your system. BTW, no one can have a dog put down because of the barking. Now, if he bit the man, he could have him put down, but if YOU bit the man, that would be a different story....te,he!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #84  
Forum Fanatic

I know he can't have the dogs put down because of the barking. I just laughed at him when he made that threat. The reason I don't leave my dogs outside when we're gone is so they don't bother the neighbors with their barking. I'm sure they bark for a little while after we put them in the garage but I doubt they bark all the time. I don't hear them barking when we pull into the driveway.

Here's my card: Outside: CCC11 July Christmas Card by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Inside: CCC11 July Christmas Card - inside by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
If I had looked for digi paper in the first place, it wouldn't have taken me an entire day to do this card. I was playing around with the trace feature of my Silhouette SD and cut out Emma. I was deteremined to use her on a card this month and I wasn't going to let anything change my mind. I know my August card isn't going to take me as long. I'm going to use the wrapping paper I saved from last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #85  
Kookie Creator

I'm in the process of working on my July cards. I did a lot of playing before lunch. Now it's time to get down to business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

Here's number one of six:

Four Snowflakes

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #87  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 515 Likes on 359 Posts

Oh my Ina that cracked me up!

Go for it Debbie.. bite the guy!

Yes, vent here! Get it off your mind so creativity can fill it up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #88  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,080 Likes on 860 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatrollView Post
I know he can't have the dogs put down because of the barking. I just laughed at him when he made that threat. The reason I don't leave my dogs outside when we're gone is so they don't bother the neighbors with their barking. I'm sure they bark for a little while after we put them in the garage but I doubt they bark all the time. I don't hear them barking when we pull into the driveway.

Here's my card: Outside: CCC11 July Christmas Card by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Inside: CCC11 July Christmas Card - inside by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
If I had looked for digi paper in the first place, it wouldn't have taken me an entire day to do this card. I was playing around with the trace feature of my Silhouette SD and cut out Emma. I was deteremined to use her on a card this month and I wasn't going to let anything change my mind. I know my August card isn't going to take me as long. I'm going to use the wrapping paper I saved from last year.
Very, very pretty. Glad you were able to find that paper you wanted. It really fit the image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #89  
Watercolor Wizard

Geez, Debbie -- sounds like you may have a bunch of your neighbors on your side, but it sure wouldn't hurt to get him on camera antagonizing the dogs. Maybe you could do a preemptive strike and call your local authorities about HIM... they may be more likely to believe you if he makes trouble for you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #90  
Forum Fanatic

Ladies, I am not going to bite the guy. I have no desire to get that close to him. I don't think my dogs would even know how to bite him. Their barks are meaner than their bites. I really would like to know if he teases other doges or is just mine because he has easier access to the bakc fence. I had half a mind to just let Lexi bark all day except I don't like a constantly barking dog and the other neighbors don't deserve it. He did say something about us being humans and not animals. I still can't figure out where that came from or what it was supposed to be about. But, technically, he's wrong; we are animals, too. With a little research, Vince did find out his name. I really doubt we'll hear from him any time soon.

I'm sitting here at work playing on my computer instead of making phone calls. They'll be here for me in the morning. I really do wish this one woman would take her kids home. They used to come in here a lot when the girls were about 3 & 4 and they would go around throwing stuff off the shelves while mom ignored them. A couple years later and they aren't much better. I can kick mom off the computer in half an hour.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my July card. I'm becoming a big fan of digital stamps, especially the precolored ones, and the digital papers. I only use the digis when I want to be lazy. Tracey Miller at Fred She Said is a very talented woman. I wish I could color like her. I should probably do something around here. My partner is shelving books so I'm "watching" the desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #91  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My set for July and it's not even the last day! LOL. This is a CASE of Sharon Field's really cute card from her blog, so I thank her for sharing her idea.
Kathy T
CCC11 July Set by klpt58 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #92  
Crimping Master

Ahhhh, I got really addicted to a new computer game my hubby and brother introduced me too, and no I'm really far behind for my Christmas cards. Here's three so far;
July Christmas #1 by Scottsbride2008 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
July Christmas #2 by Scottsbride
July Christmas #3 by Scottsbride2008 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hopefully I can get a few done before DTGD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #93  
Embossing Fanatic

Here is my July card. TFL!

CCC11JULYTM by Tishnlongmont - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #94  
Watercolor Wizard

Just popping in to remind everyone...

RODEO QUEEN MINI VSN is coming up on Friday night!!! Shopping list link in my signature...]

Come play with us!!!! (It's a great time to whip out a few Christmas cards, too!)

Last edited by Plain Jane; 07-27-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #95  
Forum Fanatic

Update on the dog drama. A policeman showed up at my door this morning. He just wanted to talk to us about Sunday's episode. That poor cop got an earful from us. We told him we wanted the neighbor to quit harassing the dogs when he walks by them. Got us to wondering about the two dogs we had to put down a couple years ago. it just seems strange to have two dogs with lupus at the same time. Now I'm wondering if they weren't slowly poisoned. I hate to think that was what happened to them, but this guy is an animal hater. If Timer and Lexi start showing the same symptoms, I'm going to have them tested right away. Don't know if it will help, but at least it is documented at the police department about this guy teasing the dogs. Hopefully, we won't have any more problems for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #96  
Gallery Gazer

Oh, I"m so glad that it's 'officially on the books' now. Loved your idea of taking pictures of him ... Good luck and thanks for the update!
Present Blog

(Old Blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #97  
Forum Fanatic

Picking on my dogs is up there with picking on my kids - DON'T DO IT.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #98  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,080 Likes on 860 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatrollView Post
Update on the dog drama. A policeman showed up at my door this morning. He just wanted to talk to us about Sunday's episode. That poor cop got an earful from us. We told him we wanted the neighbor to quit harassing the dogs when he walks by them. Got us to wondering about the two dogs we had to put down a couple years ago. it just seems strange to have two dogs with lupus at the same time. Now I'm wondering if they weren't slowly poisoned. I hate to think that was what happened to them, but this guy is an animal hater. If Timer and Lexi start showing the same symptoms, I'm going to have them tested right away. Don't know if it will help, but at least it is documented at the police department about this guy teasing the dogs. Hopefully, we won't have any more problems for a while.
What made the police show up? Did he actually call them about the dogs? Glad that you were able to tell your side of the story and hopefully that will put an end to the problems. Sorry about you 2 other dogs that were sick. I guess it's a possibility, but I really hate to think of anyone doing something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #99  
Watercolor Wizard

Good news, Debbie! Hope it all got "on the record." Yeah, it's sick, but there really are people like that...hope it's not true, though. Keep an eye on your fur-buddies....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #100  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
What made the police show up? Did he actually call them about the dogs? Glad that you were able to tell your side of the story and hopefully that will put an end to the problems. Sorry about you 2 other dogs that were sick. I guess it's a possibility, but I really hate to think of anyone doing something like that.
He did call the police. The officer we talked to said he was so agitated that he, the cop, almost asked the guy to leave. The officer also talked to Rex's owner and Bruce pretty much told him the same thing we did about the neighbor teasing the dogs. I guess time will tell if he leaves the dogs alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's numbers 2 and 3 of my 6 for July:

A Snowflake without Glitter

Snowflake with Shades of Blue

I might just finish all 6 by the end of the month as I have two more partially done!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #102  
Crimping Master

Don't know if I'm going to make it to 10 this month, never mind the 20 I WANTED to get done this month...but I'm sure going to try lol!

CCC10 July Christmas #4 by Scottsbride2008 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #103  
PAPER SCAPER

I have mine done for July and since a few companies celebrated Christmas in July I did ten differnt styles of cards and here they are:

Christmas Bell

Gliding Along

Skating Penguin

Holly

Cardinal

A Winter Hello

Bringing Home the Tree

Peace on Earth

Checkerboard Penguin

Winter Moose
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #104  
Crimping Master

#5 - I'm on a roll lol!!
CCC11 July Christmas #5 by Scottsbride2008 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nearly done. Here's number 4 of my 6 for July:

Sparkling Ribbon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #106  
Kookie Creator

I've had these done for more than a week. It seems uploading is just as challenging to get done! Then add commenting...I've left a few comments throughout the month but nearly as many as I would like.

I will say, this is such a great challenge. I am so excited to get these cards done. I made three of each, so I'm done for the month. I can't decide which one I like more...

Christmas Tree in Silver.

Christmas Tree in Gold.

PS-I hope it's OK I forgot to put CCC11 in my photo title, but I did put it in the keywords.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #107  
Hardware Hotshot

Our household goods got delivered on Tuesday, and I have been feverishly unpacking the house so I could get to unpacking some stamp stuff. I got the house done late Wednesday night.. Thursday was my daughter's birthday so I didn't work on stamping stuff until late that night and then some yesterday and I could finally stamp last night. I finished my 10 cards for the challenge this month.. I actually made 12 of these and one that is like it but I stamped the main panel.. I used a sketch layout from the OWH website.

blessings ~ Pam

CCC11 "Snowflakes fall from Heaven...." card by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

12 cards for CCC11 "Snowflakes fall from Heaven..." by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

on my blog in case those don't show up:

airbornewife's stamping spot: 12 "Snowflakes fall from Heaven...." Christmas cards

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #108  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
Our household goods got delivered on Tuesday, and I have been feverishly unpacking the house so I could get to unpacking some stamp stuff. I got the house done late Wednesday night.. Thursday was my daughter's birthday so I didn't work on stamping stuff until late that night and then some yesterday and I could finally stamp last night. I finished my 10 cards for the challenge this month.. I actually made 12 of these and one that is like it but I stamped the main panel.. I used a sketch layout from the OWH website.

blessings ~ Pam

CCC11 "Snowflakes fall from Heaven...." card by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

12 cards for CCC11 "Snowflakes fall from Heaven..." by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

on my blog in case those don't show up:

airbornewife's stamping spot: 12 "Snowflakes fall from Heaven...." Christmas cards
Hi, Pam. I'm happy for you getting your stuff finally. Yeah for you getting your July cards done with a coupld days to spare.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #109  
Crimping Master

Here's #6. Don't know if I'll get 10 done, now that DTGD has started, but will sure try to make as many Christmas cards during it as I can.

CCC11 DTGD July Christmas #6 by Scottsbride2008 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #110  
Watercolor Wizard

DTGD and VSN on the same weekend...wow! Stamping my brains out, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #111  
Crimping Master

One more day, 3 more cards to go. DTGD is really helping me along, I'm taking as many challenges from there and making Christmas cards!
DTGD CCC11 July Christmas #7 by Scottsbride2008 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #112  
Watercolor Wizard

Great idea!! Now if I can just convince DH he and the boys need to do something manly tomorrow....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 AM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cant belive it's almost Aug! So need to do my July cards today

Have a blessed Sunday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #114  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm with you, JoAnn...it's my to-do list for the day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #115  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Once again just under the wire! Will I ever be ahead?

CCC11-July and Dare to Get Dirty by stampersandee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #116  
Watercolor Wizard

Mine are in progress...waiting for stuff to dry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #117  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampersandeeView Post
If you had waited till tomorrow to upload, you would have been ahead for August! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #118  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coming in just under the wire

Dirty Christmas Wand
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #119  
Compulsive Stamper

here are mine. i made them 2 weeks ago but didnt get around to uploading them until today. i saw this card whilst looking for a simple xmas card to do as part of a stamp a stack. thanks to krista tracy for sharing it. my friends loved it!

simple ornament card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #120  
Watercolor Wizard

That's cute, Emma! It's a great stamp-a-stack card, but still elegant!
Reply With Quote Likes