Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Open** Paper Princess Friends and Bloggers.... (New Thread)

The "guidelines"... (some borrowed from our original group... others changed).

1. We hope that you have a blog that you post to regularly.. I don't want to specify you must post once a week.. of course the more the merrier... but I don't want anyone to feel obligated to post when real life is getting in the way of the fun stuff. Really, I think this group should be about friendship and support... and by support I mean things in the real world and support here on Splitcoast and our blogs.

2. I will ask that you post here at least once a week. If you don't, we worry and we all need less worry in our lives!! One way I've thought of to keep us checking in is I'm going to ask a "Question of the Week" (QOTW) try and answer them - it will help us all get to know each other better - some questions will be crafty related - others will be life related.

3. Please make sure everyone's blogs are added to your blog in a list on your sidebar. Please check out everyone's blog and either comment here - or on their blog.. we all know we love the bloggy love.. but, again.. commenting on every blog takes time.. and we all know that we need our time for our family and our crafting.. so if you miss a few.. that's okay... but please.. do try to comment as often as possible. We all need that ego boost every once in a while. When you check in here - check a few blogs too.

4. We will be organizing challenges. of course it would be good for everyone to participate, but we if life happens and you can't.. it is all good... no pressure here! Remember we are just trying to support and encourage each other.. and for me personally.. a good challenge gets me being creative!

5. Do you also scrapbook??? Great!! Me too.. as a matter of fact - I rarely make cards. So.. please.. join.. share whatever you get creative with.

6. I think the final rule is to have fun. Please do not feel any pressure about being in this group. I just want everyone to participate in whatever way they can. Life is stressful enough.. let's just enjoy each being part of an amazingly supportive group. This being said.. please participate. It isn't fair for you to join, have us comment on your blog and you not reciprocate.

So... if you've read all through this, and still want to be a part of this group then PM me and we'll chat.

Here's our list of Princesses
1. Moira - SmartBug - Live. Teach. Love. Scrap. Laugh. Life.
2. Kelly - KellyLuvs2Stamp - Kelly's Inky Stamping Spot
3. AnnMarie - amsmiles - AnnMarie's Stamping Adventures!!
4. Nancy - nhagen - My Little Spot in the Universe
5. Marsha -Sands4ever Stamping Down South
6. Melina -mepylant Crafty Scrapper
7. Megan - megrod - Keen to Stamp and Scrap
8. Pam - PamL P.S. I Love You Scrapbooking News
9. Carolina - cajojus - Carolina Scrapolina
10. Molly - MollyDR Miss Molly Creations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Schedule.

Sunday - Question of the Week Posted
Sunday - Weekly Challenge Posted
First of the Month - Monthly Challenge Posted
Last Day of the Month - Monthly Challenge Due

Remember - you only have to do what you can. I'm just hoping this brings us back together and provides us with a kick off to getting creative!

Last edited by SmartBug; 11-13-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Question of the Week For the Week of January 8, 2012
What are your crafty goals for this year?

Weekly Challenge - Due Sunday December 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)

Make a card or scrapbook page using black, white and silver (or as close as you may have) to ring in the new year. **Must have a stamped image of some sort on it.
[/COLOR]

Monthly Challenge - Due January 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)

Post your goals in your signature...

Last edited by SmartBug; 01-07-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, fresh start!!!. I'm glad, but I'm missing something... Where are the challenges. I only see three threads here. Do I have to go somewhere else?. I'll check if I miss something under blogging groups. Ok, the answer to the question: I make all my Christmas cards, there is no excuse, it is forbidden in this house to buy Christmas's cards, how to justify the amount of money I spend in stamping products, right?. I made one card for each family in my church and one for each of our families. I mail them all, I just keep the pictures as memories of what I made.

Have a nice end of the weekend, tomorrow is a ProD day so there is no school which it means, probably I'll have time to scrap if they are busy or probably not since they are going to be bored at home... we'll see.

Looking forward for the challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Ok, I read the old thread and understood better. Moira congratulations to you and your son. Of course we are proud when things like this happen. Enjoy every single moment, they grow so fast!!!. I'll be updating the blog and want to post something tonight but I think I don't have enough light. If I hurry probably I will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Yeah! You found it Carolina!

I just posted the challenges under the Question of the Week... this way I can post them all in the same place.. and we won't have to looking to find them... you know.. "was it on page 20 or 25?!?" LOL

Wow - a PRO-D tomorrow - after a Friday holiday - your teachers were thinking! In our district we do our Pro-D before the year starts and then take the extra days at Spring Break - so we always have an extended spring break... usually two weeks - which is nice!

I just realized I didn't answer the question myself.

I buy Christmas cards - but a few years ago I participated in a couple of Christmas card swaps... and I still have a ton! So I am thinking that I probably won't have to make any this year - and will get to start fresh next year! I mail about 20 or so out.. and give out another dozen or so. My mom is a die-hard.. she makes and mails over 100 every year. We finally convinced her to start making them early this year - and I think she was finished by September - now she just has the task to address and stamp them! - That is a huge expense as well. I used to mail about 50 - but just can't afford to anymore - with both postage and the cost of making them. Now I just send them to those who I know appreciate handmade cards. I always write a letter as well - so everyone is up to date on our family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Moira, I don't know if it is Sunday and late but I didn't get the challenges. It says the due date but not the challenge itself. Is it free challenge. Don't get it sorry!!! :(.Probably I'm still missing something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm here, I'm here!

Congrats on Carsyn's achievments in football Moira!!

Thanks for starting a new thread etc, etc.

Carolina, it took me a few minutes to figure out what the challenges were. I was looking for "making" something not "doing" something. Which is probably what you did too LOL. Here they are again:

Weekly Challenge - Due Sunday November 20, 2011 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time):

--> Update your blog roll AND make sure you check everyone's creations out and comment on everyone's blog at least once.

Monthly Challenge - Due Wednesday November 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time):

Since it obviously isn't the first.. and we are almost 2 weeks in..

-->post something on your blog... doesn't have to be newly created... I know I have tons of pictures waiting to be edited and posted... but if you do get something new done - all the better!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oops, I forgot to answer the question of the week!

Last year was the first time I made Christmas cards. I usually buy and mail out about 30-35 cards. I need to set some time aside soon or I will be buying again this year!

Still organizing my space. I just realized that it is sort of dark down there. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for explaining it Nancy - clear as mud in my head - but need to explain better.

So this week - yes - just something to do.

Next week it will be a "make" challenge.

I was thinking about starting a blog to post challenges on.. I just like that idea because then I can schedule things a head of time and don't have to worry about being here every single Sunday. What are everyone's thoughts on starting a blog?? -just for info - not to maintain with other blog posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here!

I make all my Christmas cards. Some are hard to put in an envelope (cause I like them so much), but those are the ones I send to people I know will appreciate them AND keep them. I can't stand knowing I'm sending a handmade card to someone who will just read it and throw it away after a couple days. Those people on my list get a very, very CAS card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Hi
I am here...
I dont make Christmas cards...can't compete with my moms. I used to make a few for my husbands side of the family, but I never got even so much as a nice job. And since I have to mail all of them, I quit. I dont send out any either. Getting too cheap in my ole age. I keep in touch with the ones I want on facebook and keep them updated that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Melina... I like your idea of CAS cards to those who don't really care. I will definitely be searching your blog for ideas.. you are the queen of the CAS cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!!!!

OMG, I can't believe how fast time flies. It is almost Thanksgiving!!!! My parents, sister, and DD1 will be flying her next Sunday. I have a lot to get done this week!

Moira is right, Melina, you are the queen of the CAS cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Good morning!

It is a bright and sunshiney day out there today - but it sure is cold!!

I'm off this morning - but have to work at 11:15.. half days are good - but I so like the morning half better.. it always feels like I haven't worked when I'm done at 11:15.

And I just got a headache.. going to be a long day.

Have a great day ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartBugView Post
Melina... I like your idea of CAS cards to those who don't really care. I will definitely be searching your blog for ideas.. you are the queen of the CAS cards!
Awww! Moria you and Nancy are too kind! Love ya'll

I plan on having a "25 days of Christmas Cards" "event" on my blog starting the last day of of November. I'll be posting all my cards I've made for the season (some posts may have more than 1 card ) I really don't like posting everyday on my blog. I like doing every other day so people have a chance to get around to visiting. But, if I did that with my Christmas cards, I'd be showing them into February! giggle....
So, I hope to give you some CAS inspiration
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

YAY! I found everyone!

Since I do 2 Christmas Card swaps and I've done them for 4 years now, I always have tons of cards! I mail out about 20 to close friends and family. Then I try to send a few to people might need a little pick-me-up or someone who did something really nice for me during the year. I usually still have tons and donate them to a church or to deployed soldiers.

I'm headed to update my Blog Roll now!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Weeeeelll heeeey y'all!

Diggin' the new thread! *hangs a pretty fall wreath on the new door!*

Ok, blog roll updated, post posted and new guidelines all read...think I am all ready to go now! I hate to see the other ladies go, but understand completely how life can get in the way.

Moira, would you like me to take responsibility for one of the three challenge thingies so it doesn't all fall on you? Just let me know! I would be happy to help out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Default Question of the week!!

I try to make and mail, but usually wind up buying and mailing! I prepped and cut about 50 cards last year and then found out my Uncle passed away and so they just sat un-assembled all season. I am hoping to get my cards made and mailed this year though!

Melina, love your 25 days of Christmas idea! Very cool!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

So, my weekend of scrapping turned out to be a big bust! LOL I didn't get even one page done! :( I did wind up spending some fun, quality time with my daughter though so it all worked out ok!

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amsmilesView Post
I try to make and mail, but usually wind up buying and mailing! I prepped and cut about 50 cards last year and then found out my Uncle passed away and so they just sat un-assembled all season. I am hoping to get my cards made and mailed this year though!

Melina, love your 25 days of Christmas idea! Very cool!
Thanks sweetie!

Hey punch queen! (yes you AnnMarie) look at this card I found in the gallery!

Kissing Reindeer by Michelerey at Splitcoaststampers

ain't that the cutest?!
This lady has quite a few creative cards using the stocking punch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

OH Melina that reindeer card is sooo cute!!!. By the way, if someone can help me with my "Abv., and in english...." CAS????. is it for Christmas??? or is it a technique. I'm not that good with the LOL and BFF and all that virtual language. Sorry :(. Moira I hope your headache is gone by now. It is horrible to have one especially when you have to work. AnnMarie, I'm glad you spent some quality time with your daughter, with all this challenges and the Christmas coming I need some quality time with my boys too. This next weekend we'll get together with some family and it will be nice for the boys. I will not be able to be around this next weekend just in case someone will wonder...!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Quick check in!

(Taking a break between Math and Spelling!)

Melina, that card is adorable!

Carolina, thanks for letting us know about the weekend! I would have worried about you!

Guys, let's start a list for Carolina to help her out!!

LOL...laugh out loud
BFF...Best friends forever
CAS...Copy and share
CASE...Copy and share everything
DD...Darling/dear daughter
DS...Darling/dear son
DH...Darling/dear husband
BRB...Be right back
FTR...For the record
OMG...Oh my Goodness
IMO...In my opinion
IMHO...In my humble/honest opinion
BBIAB...Be back in a bit
ROFL...Rolling on the floor laughing

Any others...?!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I take CAS as meaning...Clean and Simple (your creation is simple, not a lot of fuss. Like most all of mine! LOL) There is a challenge here on SCS (Splitcoaststampers) all about CAS.

kwim? ~ know what I mean
PTL! ~ Praise the Lord!
BBL ~ Be back Later
IRL ~ In real life
DD7 ~ My daughter that is 7 years old
DS11 ~ My son that is 11 years old
ef ~ embossing folder
ep ~ embossing powder
A2 ~ standard 5.5" x 4.25" card
tfl! ~ thanks for looking!
tfs! ~ thanks for sharing!
YGB! ~ you goof ball!

anybody got more?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Oh I take CAS as meaning...Clean and Simple (your creation is simple, not a lot of fuss. Like most all of mine! LOL) There is a challenge here on SCS (Splitcoaststampers) all about CAS.

kwim? ~ know what I mean
PTL! ~ Praise the Lord!
BBL ~ Be back Later
IRL ~ In real life
DD7 ~ My daughter that is 7 years old
DS11 ~ My son that is 11 years old
ef ~ embossing folder
ep ~ embossing powder
A2 ~ standard 5.5" x 4.25" card
tfl! ~ thanks for looking!
tfs! ~ thanks for sharing!
YGB! ~ you goof ball!

anybody got more?
Ahhhhhhh! That makes much more sense!! LOLOLOLOL:lol:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

tee hee hee....I've never seen YGB before. I like that one!

IDK - I don't know
TTYL - Talk to you later

and if your counting the ones with bad words:

LMAO - laughing my a** off
ROFLMAO - rolling on floor lmao
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks ladies...LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Here's another one - BTW - By the Way

Nothing crafty today. I still need to get the house ready for company and finish organizing my craft space.

I would really like to make some Christmas cards and do some scrapping but just can't see to find the time or motication.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Morning!

Rainy Wednesday here! Quick check in for me! I have a really long to do list today and woke up already feeling behind schedule!:rolleyes: Going to be one of those days I am afraid! LOL

Nancy, I am excited for you getting to have such special company! How is your daughter adjusting to college life?

Ok, I better get to my day! Have a great one everybody! I will check in later!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

She is enjoying college. She gets along well with her room mate (they want to room together next year too). She has made some friends. She is keeping busy. She has a job walking a dog. The school has a lot of free activities for students. They went caving in WV, skeet shooting, river rafting. They found a church near campus they like. They have church servicdes on campus (Church of the Bretheren) but they found a church close by that they liked the service better. All in all she is having fun. She is excited to come home for Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

Nancy, does life prepares you for this????. Not ready for my kids to leave for school :(. Although I was watching the other night a documentary about italians between 18 and 40 that almost 70% still lives or go back with their parents and 3/4 of that percentage are guys. I belong to a society in South America that is a mix of italians and spanish most of all, and I thought I would be those kind of mothers, like the italian ones...well... after living in Canada for 10 years I have to say... NO WAY!!!, they have to grow and learn from themselves. So far I'm not ready for them to leave. Would I be????....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess it depends. It is nice that is she is not here. My house is cleaner, especially the bathroom and the kitchen LOL! She needs to learn how to do things on her own and be independent. I hope she doesn't have plans to move back in after college! She can visit us every week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #33  
Gallery Gazer

My oldest son did move out and then moved back in! Nancy is right about the mess...LOL!! I am ok with it though! I LOVE having all of my kids back home! I know that it won't be forever, but it sure is nice right now! I can foresee a time in the future when all of my kids are out on their own (they are 21, 18, 16 and 12 right now) and it does break my heart (sniffles!!!), but that is how it works, I suppose. I will just try to treasure every day (messes and all!) until then! They know we have an open door policy always and that they are welcome to live at home forever, but hubby and I have already decided if they all wind up staying at home (or coming back) that would be fine! We will just buy an RV and he and I will hit the road and leave them the house! LOLOLOLOLOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Can you guys believe it is only one week until Thanksgiving?! Yikes!! This year is vanishing into thin air! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awww, AnnMarie that is the same way DH and I feel about our kiddos too! We just found out that my sister is expecting her 2nd child with her hubby and our daughter said the other day, "I don't know if I want to be a mom or not" (she's 7!). My husband looked at her and smile from ear to ear and said "okay, that perfectly fine, whatever you want to do" and then started into the whole 'don't think about that now, you have many, many, many years to think about that....'
But I promise you I saw a note of relief in his eyes, like "Yeah! she'll live here the rest of her life!" hahahaha
...and that's so fine with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like your RV plan, too funny AM!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Morning!

How is everyone today? My kiddo's finished up their school work a day early this week so I have the day off!! WooHooooo! Hoping to get some crafty things done today!!

It is chilly here today. Took the dogs out for a walk this morning and about froze my tail off!!! Brrr! Shouldn't complain...my mom called me last night to say it was -40 below there! (Alaska) Crazy brrrr!

Off to perk some coffee! Anyone like a cup? I am pouring!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 AM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Oh! Forgot to mention...

I am going to be taking over the Sunday weekly challenges!! Yay!! I am excited! I am hoping to tickle everyone's creative funny bone!! (Good thing we are such good friends, huh!) LOL I will be posting the first Sunday challenge this Sunday and it will be due next Sunday. I will post them here and then Moira will add it to the first post for easy look up access!

Now about that coffee....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool! Can't wait for the Sunday challenge AM!! Maybe it will get my mojo going again.

-40!!!!! Did they intentionally move to Alaska? No thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Cool! Can't wait for the Sunday challenge AM!! Maybe it will get my mojo going again.

-40!!!!! Did they intentionally move to Alaska? No thanks!!!!!
I know! Crazy, right!! They did move there on purpose and LOVE it! Brrr! Now I am cold just thinking about it! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes