Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #201  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Laura.........glad it's ok now!!! Did you just unclick "stay signed in" or download Firefox?
When I decided to download the Firefox program, I was a complete nervous wreck!!! I don't know anything about computers and could just see me messing up the whole thing by trying that......but, I did it anyway! Thank goodness I didn't cause the computer to explode or something!

I can't believe we haven't had anyone ask to join our group! Should I change it to something like **OPEN TO NEW MEMBERS* or something..........any suggestions?

Lynn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #202  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Lynn, Yes I just did the unclick, and it worked fine. I was so happy you and marylin were so much help.

Maybe you should try changing it. I don't know any other good suggestions. I will post on my blog, Not that I get to many veiwers but it don't hurt to try.

By the way this is my last week for treatment. so excited!!! And I took an ultra sound and it came back good. So from here I will see my dr every three months for check ups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #203  
Die Cut Diva

Whopee!!! SO glad this is your last week of treatment Laura!!! Fantastic news! It's been a very long road for you I'm sure - but hopefully all will be on the up and up now!

I'll maybe try to change that tomorrow....we're getting some lightening and wind and need to get out of the computer. I've lost two computers to lightening and don't want to lose another one!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #204  
Die Cut Diva

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #205  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default Hello

Dropping in to say Hello! I finally got around to commenting on all of the blogs- sorry ladies- I have been bad lately!

My son came home from Colorado- he has a break between his internship and his Winter Ski Instructor job. He got the Black Hole award- hehehehe for being a bottomless pit and eating their food budget to heck! Yep- he AND my hubby both have big big appetites and neither ever gain a pound.....! So unfair LOL

Our trip to China got CX by hubbys work place....may end up going in April- boo hoo..... We are going to NY next week instead- I have never been there.....

Laura- Hooray! So awesome- such awesome news!!! God is good! I had computer training for electronic Medical Records today- have to work tomorrow, so better go get my card started...!

Hugs
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #206  
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, so sorry about the China trip - but maybe next year.
Hope y'all are having fun in New York though - great place to visit!

Have a question for all y'all that know how to do all that fancy stuff on a computer (as I sure don't!)..........I received a digital image and it has the image plus two sentiments on the same page. Is there any way to take (or move) the sentiments off and just have the image showing? Or vice versa - and take the image off and just use one of the sentiments? Did I explain that ok........um........we'll see............ Just wondering.

Hubby is having by-pass next Friday (14th) so I'll be in and out around that time. I've been trying to get some cards done to pre-post for next week, etc......but oh wow, my mojo is just shot!!! Everytime I do something I don't like it....Hopefully I'll pull out of this soon.

Hope everyone else is doing good.......................

Laura, still thinking about you!!! Did you get through with all the chemo now?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #207  
Hardware Hotshot

[QUOTE
Have a question for all y'all that know how to do all that fancy stuff on a computer (as I sure don't!)..........I received a digital image and it has the image plus two sentiments on the same page. Is there any way to take (or move) the sentiments off and just have the image showing? Or vice versa - and take the image off and just use one of the sentiments? Did I explain that ok........um........we'll see............ Just wondering.

Lynn[/QUOTE]

Lynn,
I hope someone here can help you with this, as I have the same issue! I'm not computer savvy at all.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #208  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I hate it when I get digi's like that..... I copy the file and put it in photo shop. If you want to send it to me, I will separate them and get it back to you....... I am leaving for NY on Wednesday though.......

You have to copy the file, then separate it, so if you screw it up you do not loose your image. If you are on DT and they send the images that way, ask them to separate them for you....LOL

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #209  
Die Cut Diva

It's not that big a deal with me Shelly (but thanks for the offer anyway)....I was just wondering how you do it.
I'm in that progressive challenge at Hambo and the last couple of free images they sent had the sentiments with it.
I don't have the photoshop (and probably glad I don't as I wouldn't know what to do with it! LOL!)

Have fun in NY - I thought you were going this weekend...........what all are you going to be doing while there?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #210  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default more

You can download Gimp too- Copy the image so you have an extra file and separate out the images. I also separate out areas for stacking or paper piecing too.....

We are leaving Wednesday for NY. We are staying in the noisy Midtown area- just read that in a book-lol- and will do regular tourist stuff. My nephew and his wife live in NJ- close by and my other nephew from Telluride will come in on Friday, so we will prob see them for dinner or something fun Sat. I really want to do the bike tour through Central Park. I am not overly keen on doing a ton of shopping- don't ask me why- in my prior life I loved to shop- I do not need too much anymore.....

Thanks for asking. What is everyone else up to for the weekend???

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #211  
Polyshrink Goddess

Shelly thats awesome that you get to go to NY. I have never been out of ca. Don't travel much. Have a Great time!!!

Lynn, I wish I could help but I have never ran into that problem yet. Shelly suggested Gimp. thats the program I use and I get around it pretty good. And Im not to good with some of the program. And yes I finally finish my treatments. My doctor will be testing me every three months.

Im so excited about our first hobby lobby in town. I cant wait to go check it out. YAAAAAY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #212  
Die Cut Diva

Gimp!! Ok, I've already got Microsoft Works Word, Picassa, and Paint Net! So now I'm needing Gimp too!!! Won't one of these other programs I have work? Just thought I'd ask.

Laura I'm SO glad you're through with all the chemo! And seeing the doctor every 3 months sounds fantastic!!! You're been through so much but sounds like things are finally looking up a little now!

Hobby Lobby..........Yikes! Just wait until you go Laura (and be sure and take a few coins with you when you do!!!) I just went to the "city" this morning and dropped $75.00 there - not all on card making stuff but still.........It doesn't take long for me to run up the register there. There's a Michaels right across the road but I usually end up a HL - mainly because I get a coupon each week and just very seldom buy unless it's on sale or have a coupon.

Today, I got some distressing ink, tool for distressing (I'm going to get better at that one way or the other), dimensionals, one of the labels nesties, one stamp, and then buttons/thread/material! The buttons, thread, and material are for some dolls I'm making for Christmas for the grandkiddoes. I've finished one Raggedy Ann and am starting on two Raggedy Andys. This is NOT by choice I might add - but that's what they want. (They're a pain in the butt to make!!! LOL)

Ok........so back to Gimp.........someone explain what this does any different than what I already have.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #213  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm glad to hear everyone is fine and Laura, that is good news!
Lynn, the only way I know to do it with Paint.net is to open it and then do the erase for what you don't want. I don't get into anything that is too complex but I do know that will work for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Gimp!! Ok, I've already got Microsoft Works Word, Picassa, and Paint Net! So now I'm needing Gimp too!!! Won't one of these other programs I have work? Just thought I'd ask.

Laura I'm SO glad you're through with all the chemo! And seeing the doctor every 3 months sounds fantastic!!! You're been through so much but sounds like things are finally looking up a little now!

Hobby Lobby..........Yikes! Just wait until you go Laura (and be sure and take a few coins with you when you do!!!) I just went to the "city" this morning and dropped $75.00 there - not all on card making stuff but still.........It doesn't take long for me to run up the register there. There's a Michaels right across the road but I usually end up a HL - mainly because I get a coupon each week and just very seldom buy unless it's on sale or have a coupon.

Today, I got some distressing ink, tool for distressing (I'm going to get better at that one way or the other), dimensionals, one of the labels nesties, one stamp, and then buttons/thread/material! The buttons, thread, and material are for some dolls I'm making for Christmas for the grandkiddoes. I've finished one Raggedy Ann and am starting on two Raggedy Andys. This is NOT by choice I might add - but that's what they want. (They're a pain in the butt to make!!! LOL)

Ok........so back to Gimp.........someone explain what this does any different than what I already have.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #214  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks, Marilyn.......I'll try it and see what happens in the Paint.Net.(even if I don't know what I'm doing there!!!!) At lease I know who to holler at now if I can't figure it out!!
LOL
Thanks

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #215  
Rubber Obsessor

For sure... I'm not an expert by any means but if I can help, I certainly will.

Quote:

Thanks, Marilyn.......I'll try it and see what happens in the Paint.Net.(even if I don't know what I'm doing there!!!!) At lease I know who to holler at now if I can't figure it out!!
LOL
Thanks

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #216  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lynn, I hope paint.net works for you. Just hurry up and get it right so we can see what you have learned and created with it.....LOL... Jk.

WOW!!! I wish I would have read your post before I went to Hobby Lobby I would have taken my check book or a credit card......I LOVE IT!!!! I only spent 29.00. i baught two stamps and stickers and lots of paper. there is so much to look at. can't wait to go again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #217  
Die Cut Diva

Laura, check out Hobby Lobby - Hobby Lobby and there's a place somewhere there where you can sign up and they'll e-mail you sales and a coupon (usually 40 per off) each week. We also get the sales add and coupon in our Sunday paper.

I'm working on the paint.net deal........I figured out how to use the eraser (somewhat) but haven't figured out what to do next..........I WILL holler at you Marilyn if I can't get this. Thanks for offering your help.............. Paige was also wanting to figure this out!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #218  
Die Cut Diva

My internet server went down last night right in the middle of me trying to figure out how to delete parts of the image sets! BUT, right before it did, I THINK I figured it out!! Will try again this morning to make sure and let y'all know!

I was so proud of myself last night and had no one to tell - except hubby! That was like talking to the wall. He had no idea what I was even talking about since he doesn't even know how to send an e-mail over the computer!!!! He could tell I was excited though and smiled a lot - I guess that's all that matters.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #219  
Hardware Hotshot

Can't wait to hear. I tried with GIMP, but failed again and again. I use GIMP to "edit" my photos, but only know how to do a watermark and use auto white and contrast. Sheesh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #220  
Die Cut Diva

I tried it again this morning and IT WORKED! Yeah, Lynn (LOL)
Paige, I'll PM you to tell you how I did it so it doesn't clog up the group here.

Marilyn, thanks and I already know I'll holler at you with a hundred other questions now!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #221  
Hardware Hotshot

Lynn,
Got your PM and will give this a try. Thanks much!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #222  
Die Cut Diva

Just letting y'all know I got a PM from Rorolee who wants to join our group!!! Yeah!!!

I told her to stop by here and introduce herself. Please give her a warm welcome!

Hubby had his surgery this morning and all is pretty good. He started getting fever this evening and so they're trying to find out where that's coming from right now. I came home tonight to try and get some sleep........Will TRY to stop by maybe tomorrow evening or Sunday - just depends on how things are going.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #223  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everybody, I wanna join this group too! I am a member of other groups also. Hopefully it's fine.

I like all the things about art! Designing, doodling, cardmaking, decorating, photography, ....., all! I wish I have time to learn and do all of it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #224  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Roro..........So glad you decided to join us! I just went over to your blog and love all your creations. You're one very talented lady and so creative. I was going to become a "follower" but couldn't find a spot to do that in.

I'm back - at least some of the time now. With Jim not being able to do anything for himself for a while I'll be pretty occupied. Right now he's sleeping, so I'm trying to catch up on all the blogs, etc.

Anyway, welcome again Roro!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #225  
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome Roro!
I just spent some time looking at your blog. Great ideas! So glad you are here to share with us!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #226  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi,
We made it back- I am so tired today (snickering) we walked and walked and walked! We were so on the go- and got to so many sites! I love Central Park and I was thrilled to go to the Empire State bldg- my Great Uncle worked on building it, and has his name on a plaque - he was one of the 16 master craftsmen that won an award- so we got a pc of the plaque...
Ground zero was sombering, and we stopped at a firehouse-Ladder 1- that was the first to respond at 911.........
We had a blast visiting with my nephews- and ATE and ATE!

Hi Roro- welcome to the group. Love your blog- I am very visual, so love seeing all different kinds of work from CAS to ..well layered. I added you to the groups list on my sidebar too. I try to visit all of the blogs in the group weekly.

Hope hubby does OK after surgery Lynn- is his temp down? Does he get pins and needles pain after the surgery? Laura- It is soooo cool that you are done and on quarterly visits now. Are you feeling back to yourself?

Glad you all figured out how do divide the images- I want to learn to take the PNG images and merge them to make a scene- that is my next challenge to myself.....

I am working tomorrow and I have to pick up and get some laundry done, so have to get off the computer!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #227  
Die Cut Diva

Glad you had such a good time Shelly! You probably hated to come home - to all that laundry/job/etc! LOL! You'll just have to plan another trip now!

Roro, I was able to become a follower on your blog today - don't know what was going on with that. But I'm there now.
So if anyone else was having problems becoming a follower - it's good to go now!

Jim's doing better - no fever and getting around with the aid of a walker (which he hates)! Hopefully this will heal quick.

I haven't had any desire to create lately! Terrible feeling and hopefully will pull out of it soon. I have cards that will be posted through Wednesday next week = and then we're at a big fat ZERO! Usually a sketch challenge will pull me out of it! Hopefully it does soon.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #228  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I added the group to my side bar, followed everyone and left some comments, but it shows nothing on Alissa's....?? Is her URL wrong? And my URL is wrong in the first post of this thread.

Lynn- Wish you Muse will come back soon...

Shelly- I am a visual person too! I like pictures more than words! LOL

Paige- I am very happy too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 AM   #229  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome Roro and 'hi' to everyone! Can't stay... have to get ready for work but wanted to pop in quick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #230  
Die Cut Diva

Ouch! Roro, you're right about the link to Alissa not working! I'll correct that today. You may want to hold off on following her, etc. until I can find out if she's still in our group. I've PM'd her but didn't get a response and notice she hasn't posted on her blog in about 2 months!
Has anyone heard from Alissa?

I'll get another PM off to her today and see what's happening!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #231  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Ouch! Roro, you're right about the link to Alissa not working! I'll correct that today. You may want to hold off on following her, etc. until I can find out if she's still in our group. I've PM'd her but didn't get a response and notice she hasn't posted on her blog in about 2 months!
Has anyone heard from Alissa?

I'll get another PM off to her today and see what's happening!

Lynn
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

My URL in this post of yours is wrong...
is http://rorobuildingdream.blogspot.com/
not www.rorobuildingdreams.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 03:49 AM   #232  
Die Cut Diva

Roro - Got it corrected - finally! Thanks.
Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #233  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Is anyone trying to make cards for the Hope for a Cure???

I am trying to make some- my nephew is just back from Disney via Make a Wish- It was soooooo awesome- they really took such good care of them!

My twins celebrated their 23rd birthday on the 23rd (today). My son was going to drive to Columbus to spend the day with her ( 7 hour drive ) and his car broke down on him......thank goodness for AAA!!! Too bad for him- he has a friend close to where he broke down, so he is staying with him until the car is fixed- tomorrow hopefully. Ka ching......!

The hospital I work at is going to electronic Med Records and I am working extra hours- I will try to stop by blogs later this week- did not make it today!

Hope everyone is well!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #234  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm trying to make some cards for Hope You Can Cling To here on SCS. Even though I got a late start I have most of the challenges made! Won't get them all done, but will do what I can.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #235  
Rubber Obsessor

I just find out Hope you can cling and will try to make some cards for it too. I also updated my blog and visited all our group members. Wish you all have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #236  
Die Cut Diva

I'll have to go check it out!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #237  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, also.....I've pm'd Alissa to make sure she's ok since we haven't heard from her in forever!

Also, Laura.....you still out there?!!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #238  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello ladies, so sorry I havent checked in. but I snuck off too lake tahoe for the weekend. with only me and my husband. this was our first get away alone time in about 17 years. Came home to my two boys and I was pretty impress that they didnt burn my house down. HEHE!!!

WELCOME Roro!!! Im so excited to have a new member in the group. and excited to go see all your creations.

Lynn, Im praying for a fast recovery for your husband.

shelly, what an experince that must been. It really sounds like you had a great time.

Ok Now on my way to see your blogs. I will be back soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #239  
Rubber Obsessor

Laura- Thanks for the welcome

Lynn- I saw your comment~ Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #240  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

So, I am still working extra- the electronic med records are a bit of a challenge- we have very little in writing- so, they show us HOW to put in-say an antibiotic order- then the next time we need to do it, we have to remember where to find it on the computer...... it is a bit challenging. The rest of the hospital goes live Nov 6th. In a while down the road, when we are used to it, we will like it better I think.......

I am driving up to Michigan to pick up Stephi for the weekend- it is the first time she has been home for the weekend. I saw there is a Copic Intermediate certification really close by, so I signed up for it- it is all day Friday. I look forward to it- I can use alot more practice especially on shading........

Stephi is coming home for the Cross Country State meet in Peoria. There are a couple freshmen that are really fast that made it, the rest were on last year's team with Stephi. One of the new girls- her dad ran at Mich State and was an Olympic runner! WOW.......!

I am off to play- get to stamp today once I get dressed!

Have a great weekend- and Halloween!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes