Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #2281  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 329 Likes on 218 Posts

Afternoon all - the Post Office has excelled itself - my goodies from Shelly arrived today - only 6 days from posting, and half way round the world!!

Thank you Shelly for all the extras too - what an awesome start to the day :-) My week is hectic so I probably won't get ink near them until Sunday at the earliest.

Lynn I hope this week of Doctors visits does not mean long term difficulties... they are very draining (she says speaking from experience).

I will get to see the cabinet one day soon - I am way behind on my commenting :-(.

Maggie - well done on the win - always a great feeling :-)

Hope you find some crafting time soon Kelly :-).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #2282  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,961 Likes on 3,850 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #2283  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Busy day again today. Work, lunch plans with GF, stop at grocery store on way home, workout, clean house, change linens, STAMP! I have a project due Sunday which means it needs to be done by Saturday. Grands coming over tomorrow night to spend the night, so not much time for crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #2284  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like everyone is super busy!

Maxine, glad you got the things from Shelly as quick as you did!!

Maggie, have fun with the kiddos this weekend!

I told Jim this morning I was NOT going anywhere today! Well, at 7:15 this morning our little doxie was outside messing with a frog - and it spit and hit him directly in the eye. So, got dressed and to take him to the vet. Came back with eye drops and a $97.00 vet bill. YIKES!!! Was back home by 8:30 and Jim went to town - and called about noon and said he needed my help with something......so back to town I went! Geeze......that was twice in one day (24 miles each time) and I distinctly said I was NOT leaving the house today! Oh well..........LOL

Maxine - nothing serious (at least I HOPE not) with all the medical appointments. The boob-o-gram is just a yearly deal as is the pap coming up. All the tests I had run are for a pre-0p. I haven't said anything, but am going to have a bit of an eye surgery the first part of Sept. Not fun, but needed I'm afraid. I'll be out for a few days around that time - and maybe for several weeks afterwards.....at least somewhat after the first few days. Hopefully all will go well.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #2285  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi folks - survived the stamp teachings, and must have done something right as a couple of them want me to run monthly classes!! ARGH!! So out of my comfort zone!

Do hope all goes well with your surgery Lynn - I would hate to have to have eye surgery!!

We have bi-annual boob-o-grams here, govt funded. I take panadol/paracetamol before I have mine as I am 'well endowed' and it takes the edge off the discomfort level. I don't have to have pap smears as I had to have an hysterectomy years ago.

Ouch to the vet bill - and to having to put eye drops in a pet. My cat was very busy the afternoon 'supervising' me and a couple of friends who came round to help me prune my roses.... they were all done in just over 2 hours - as against several weeks for me on my own as I have RSI and can't do a heck of a lot at once.

Trust the rest of you are all having a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #2286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

TGIF!!!

Lynn, I wish you the VERY best with your upcoming surgery!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #2287  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Jeanette - and everyone else!!!

Can y'all believe I'm actually here this morning and not at 10:00 at night!!! Jim had some stuff to do in town this morning so I decided to get all my computer stuff done early and worry about cleaning the house later! YEAH!!!!

Maxine, that's great about teaching future classes now! You must be very good at it. Excited for you.

Jeanette - thanks for the well wishes regarding my surgery. I'm sure all will be fine - just pretty much a pain in the behind though.

I'll check back in later!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #2288  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Sounds like everyone is super busy!

Maxine, glad you got the things from Shelly as quick as you did!!

Maggie, have fun with the kiddos this weekend!

I told Jim this morning I was NOT going anywhere today! Well, at 7:15 this morning our little doxie was outside messing with a frog - and it spit and hit him directly in the eye. So, got dressed and to take him to the vet. Came back with eye drops and a $97.00 vet bill. YIKES!!! Was back home by 8:30 and Jim went to town - and called about noon and said he needed my help with something......so back to town I went! Geeze......that was twice in one day (24 miles each time) and I distinctly said I was NOT leaving the house today! Oh well..........LOL

Maxine - nothing serious (at least I HOPE not) with all the medical appointments. The boob-o-gram is just a yearly deal as is the pap coming up. All the tests I had run are for a pre-0p. I haven't said anything, but am going to have a bit of an eye surgery the first part of Sept. Not fun, but needed I'm afraid. I'll be out for a few days around that time - and maybe for several weeks afterwards.....at least somewhat after the first few days. Hopefully all will go well.

Lynn
I'm planning to Lynn. I still need to look up show times to see when would be a good time to go and also so we can have lunch.

Ugh! Sorry about the vet bill and sorry that you DH did NOT listen to you about staying home all day! ;)

Sorry about the eye surgery. I'll be saying a prayer that it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. I was considering having cataract surgery this past Spring, but my GP talked me out of it. I really don't have vision problems with seeing. The cataracts are very early stage, but I wanted to have the surgery in lieu of Lasik surgery to correct my vision so I wouldn't have to wear glasses. He told me to wait until I actually needed to have the cataract surgery instead of pushing it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #2289  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi folks - survived the stamp teachings, and must have done something right as a couple of them want me to run monthly classes!! ARGH!! So out of my comfort zone!

Do hope all goes well with your surgery Lynn - I would hate to have to have eye surgery!!

We have bi-annual boob-o-grams here, govt funded. I take panadol/paracetamol before I have mine as I am 'well endowed' and it takes the edge off the discomfort level. I don't have to have pap smears as I had to have an hysterectomy years ago.

Ouch to the vet bill - and to having to put eye drops in a pet. My cat was very busy the afternoon 'supervising' me and a couple of friends who came round to help me prune my roses.... they were all done in just over 2 hours - as against several weeks for me on my own as I have RSI and can't do a heck of a lot at once.

Trust the rest of you are all having a great day.
Great news on the monthly classes Maxine. Are you going to do it????

My roses are still blooming. I need to give them some food, but it said to wait until they weren't blooming, but they haven't quit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #2290  
Quacker Stamper

Had a busy night last night. Did my workout when I got home and then worked on scrubbing the floors so they look nice. Then I changed the bed linens on my bed. That doesn't sound like much, but it sure took up the evening. I still need to pick up all the stuff off the floor in my stamp room so DGD will have some room to put her air mattress. I'm planning to leave the office early today so I'll have time to do that when I get home. I need to make a stop at the grocery store to get some things for the kids.

I did pick out 2 images from Gingerloft. I need to pick one of them to use for my card due this Sunday. I'm going to have to really work on that when I get home tomorrow after taking the kids home. I sort of have it planned out in my mind; now to just get it down n paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #2291  
Quacker Stamper

Boss is gone up to Austin today. He is the Chair of the State Bar ADR Section this year and there is some legislation being presented to the Legislature today regarding Collaborative Law which is used mostly in Family Law cases. He was asked by the Chair of the Collaborative Law Section to be part of the group going to present the new legislation. The presentation isn't until noon, but he needed to be there prior to that so he took the 8:35 a.m flight and his flight back isn't until 3:30, so he'll be gone for the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #2292  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, it's always nice when the boss is gone for the day! LOL! Hope you have fun this evening with the kids. Know what you mean about some things taking so long. I'll start to change the linens, and then see something else that needs to be done, and then on and on and on!......

Do NOT get cataract surgery until you HAVE to!!! Trust me on that one. The surgery itself is fine.....it's the after surgery that gets you. I had my right eye done about 5 years ago. After the surgery, they can't fit you for new glasses for at least several weeks and during that time your glasses are geared for what your eyes were like before the surgery....so you can't see but out of one eye basically! NOT FUN!

They'll be doing my left eye on Sept. 10th.....and I'm already dreading the after stuff. Going to be really tricky to comment, post, create I know. Plus all the other things like driving, etc....LOL! Anyway.....................

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #2293  
Quacker Stamper

Hey Lynn! Check it out -- Your "Gnats" card was picked as one of the Perfect 3 over on the Perfect Sentiment Challenge this week. Congratulations. Don't forget to get your badge if you don't have one already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #2294  
Die Cut Diva

Oh wow!! Thanks for letting me know Maggie! No, I don't already have a badge but will be sure and grab it1
Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #2295  
Hardware Hotshot

I received this warning some years ago, but it was already too late :-)

RUBBER STAMP WARNING!!!
A recent study indicated that rubber stamps and embossing powders give off certain pheromones that actually hypnotize women and cause them to purchase unreasonable amounts.
When stored in large quantities in enclosed spaces, the pheromones (Rubber) cause memory loss and induce the nesting syndrome (similar to the one squirrels have before the onset of winter i.e. storing food), therefore perpetuating their species.
Sound tests have also revealed that the rubber emits a very high pitched sound, heard only by a select few. A breed of women known as "Rubber Stampers". When played backwards on an LP, the sounds are heard as chants,"buy me, stamp me, emboss me."
Studies have also indicated that aliens have inhabited the earth, helping to spread the effects that these Stamps have on the human population. It's also been experienced that these same pheromones cause a pathological need to hide these
Stamp purchases when taken home (or at least blend them into the existing stash), and when asked by a significant other if the stamp is new , the reply is:
"I've had it for a while."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #2296  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

LOL! Maxine - too late for me. I'm already seriously addicted!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #2297  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hello

Hi all- I had to stop in and say Hello! We loved Door County (in Wisc) it is just beautiful! Now we are heading to the tip of North West to Michigan - my hubby has a destination he wants to visit......
I have some watercoloring with me- have not opened it up yet- need to make a card by Mon night......... I do not want to miss a challenge because I have not watercolored in a while and know I will enjoy it.
Glad all of the blog candies made it- it was fun to hit random.org and count down and see all of the winners are regular followers and blog friends! Kelly- that is sooo cool! The shop (closed now) Firecracker Designs by Pamela- she grew up in Germany- glad you will be able and look forward to using the stamps- cool!
Sounds like everyone is having a good week- will blog hop later- we are heading out- we did not have good internet in the bed and B-fast in Door County...... not sure what the UP will be like in Michigan either.....

Have a great weekend!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #2298  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Oh Shelly, you have NO Idea what your stamps did for me, lol! I wish I could have taped my reaction - sehr Wunderbar! Thank you, again - I'm blessed!

And guess what ..... I have a Senior this year, too!! And a Sophmore And a 8th grader and 2nd grader ...... rofl! Big jump in ages

Maxine, ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed! :mrgreen:

Lynn, feel better and best wishes on your eye ..... and your puppy :( I dont do sick animals very well and just wish I could fix them all. Our Mastiff went through a bout of doggie breast cancer and it just about tore us up emotionally. My heart goes out to you and I send furry hugs you way!

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still running like a crazy lady here, but hopefully once the babies are back into a school routine, I'll have more time to dedicate.

xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #2299  
Die Cut Diva

Glad you're having fun, Shelly!
Maxine.....that is the funniest!! I'm like Maggie though and already seriously addicted! LOL
Kelly, I didn't know your kiddos were that old! They do grow up fast though!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm going to TRY to get back in the laundry room a little this evening.

About 7:00 last night our AC DIED!!! This is NOT GOOD! At 9:00 it was 95 outside and 87 inside! As I said....NOT GOOD! We have ceiling fans but when you're talking weather like what we have here, they don't do any good when the AC goes. We went ahead and stayed here last night - WITH NO SLEEP - and was able to get it looked at this morning. HOPEFULLY it's fixed and we're good to go now. Geeze.....it was one hot mama in here last night. Even poor Rambo didn't get any sleep.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #2300  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yikes! Lynn, I sure hope your AC gets fixed today!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #2301  
Die Cut Diva

Morning!!

Yes, we got our AC fixed yesterday morning! THANK GOODNESS!!! Whew! I won't even go into the gory details of how much sleep we didn't get on Friday night! LOL! Even poor Rambo didn't get any! Nothing like trying to sleep with sweat running off you! I finally got up and put a wet wash rag over my face! It wasn't pretty!!! Last night though we slept like a charm!! Knock on wood this thing keeps chugging along now!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #2302  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #2303  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Morning!!

Yes, we got our AC fixed yesterday morning! THANK GOODNESS!!! Whew! I won't even go into the gory details of how much sleep we didn't get on Friday night! LOL! Even poor Rambo didn't get any! Nothing like trying to sleep with sweat running off you! I finally got up and put a wet wash rag over my face! It wasn't pretty!!! Last night though we slept like a charm!! Knock on wood this thing keeps chugging along now!

Lynn
Yeah! So glad that you've got A/C again. That is just the worst. Glad you were able to get a good night's sleep after getting it fixed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #2304  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Had a really busy weekend with the grands, church, and a couple meetings. I did get some time for stamping and hope to get my card on my blog later tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #2305  
Die Cut Diva

Glad you had a good weekend with those kiddos Maggie! Fun!

I haven't forgotten about the Discussion of the Week - will try to think of something and get it up tomorrow.

We're kind of lacking on everyone checking in right now........busy summer or what?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #2306  
Hardware Hotshot

Waving hello from MN! I've been busy doing who knows what, just not having computer time. DH loves to go to auctions, so he has been dragging me along all over the place several days a week. In fact, we are going to an auction tomorrow afternoon. I don't mind them too much, unless there is a ton of stuff to sit through like the two we went to over the weekend.

I did a silly thing and signed up for two swaps at SCS. They are run by the same person. Here is the link:

The 16 Days of Fall and Halloween! Closed and crafting!!!! by babygoofus at Splitcoaststampers

I wanted to make sure i got them done in plenty of time, so I've been busy making Halloween card candy (6 pieces each) for 16 people and then 16 friendship altered mini notebooks for the fall swap. She needs a couple more people if any of you are interested! The card candy came easy, as I knew right away what I wanted to do. The mini notebooks went fast too, once I figured out what I wanted to do. And I'm proud of myself for using items from my stash - no new purchases for this swap!

I almost forgot to make my card for my guest designer spot on Holly Jolly - geez, wouldn't that have been embarrassing!

I have not forgotten about the CASE a SA member, but thought I would start it up again in Sept. My summer has been busier than I thought it would be, but that's because of DH and his auctions!

Long-winded tonight! Sorry about that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #2307  
Die Cut Diva

Glad to see you around again Paige!
Auctions sound like so much fun - but I guess some would be boring - depending on what they have. I've only been to a couple of them but enjoyed it. It's fun to see what everyone wants to bid on. They had a huge estate sale and auction here last weekend, but as usual, I didn't know until after the fact! Would have loved to have gone to that one.

Ah, the CASEing - I STILL haven't done Darlene or Indah's!! Shame on me I guess. Maybe I'll work on that this week. I've been trying to get all my DT commitments completed through September right now.

Swaps...........AHA!!! Paige you just provided with a fantastic DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!! so...................

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK: What is a swap?
What do you have to do for one?
How many are involved:
Am I the ONLY one that doesn't know exactly what they are and has never done one?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #2308  
Hardware Hotshot

When I first discovered stamp forums on the internet back in the mid 90's, I joined a ton of swaps and met a lot of talented stampers. Sadly so many of them no longer stamp.

A swap is hosted by someone who chooses the theme and the number of players they want. When you join you make x number of identical items following the theme and any other rules the hostess sets up. Then you either mail all of the items to the hostess and she sorts them all out and mails a pkg back to you with one of everyone's items in it, or another way to swap is to mail your cards directly to the individual participants.

So as an example, the swaps I signed up for, I made 16 identical Halloween items and 16 identical fall items and will send them to the hostess, along with enough postage stamps for a return pkg. Once she receives everyone's items, (there is a due date) she will sort them so that we all get one item from everyone and she will send the pkg back to us. I will have items from each of the people in the swap.
They can be lots of fun. I got away from them for a long while, as I didn't have the time or desire to make 6, 10, 12 or whatever number of the same thing. I signed up for these two current swaps, as they sounded fun and I wanted to swap something other than cards.

Hope this makes sense, if not ask away and I'll try to be clearer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #2309  
Hardware Hotshot

I have done one SCS swap, and did not know you could make identical cards. I was a real green horn. I have since (recently) done a couple of informal ATC swaps, which was fun as it was just between individuals (but I did not know to put all the dets on the back - I just did my usual 'stamped by' stamp and signature.)
I do find group swaps difficult to participate in due to postage issues i.e. enclosing appropriate postage is not possible internationally, although a block of (NZ)chocolate did pay it in the one I did do :-)...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #2310  
Die Cut Diva

Holy Moly!!!

I'm not sure I could create 16 of something, etc....like that - whether it was the same thing or not. I'm thinking I'd just get burnt out too quick. Most of the time I'm doing really good to get a few cards a week on my blog! It takes me too long to come up with ideas I guess. I would image the hostess would have a huge job keeping all that straight.
I can see how it'd be fun and you would get to meet so many - and see what everyone else does too.
What do you do with all the cards/projects you receive?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #2311  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
Waving hello from MN! I've been busy doing who knows what, just not having computer time. DH loves to go to auctions, so he has been dragging me along all over the place several days a week. In fact, we are going to an auction tomorrow afternoon. I don't mind them too much, unless there is a ton of stuff to sit through like the two we went to over the weekend.

I did a silly thing and signed up for two swaps at SCS. They are run by the same person. Here is the link:

The 16 Days of Fall and Halloween! Closed and crafting!!!! by babygoofus at Splitcoaststampers

I wanted to make sure i got them done in plenty of time, so I've been busy making Halloween card candy (6 pieces each) for 16 people and then 16 friendship altered mini notebooks for the fall swap. She needs a couple more people if any of you are interested! The card candy came easy, as I knew right away what I wanted to do. The mini notebooks went fast too, once I figured out what I wanted to do. And I'm proud of myself for using items from my stash - no new purchases for this swap!

I almost forgot to make my card for my guest designer spot on Holly Jolly - geez, wouldn't that have been embarrassing!

I have not forgotten about the CASE a SA member, but thought I would start it up again in Sept. My summer has been busier than I thought it would be, but that's because of DH and his auctions!

Long-winded tonight! Sorry about that!
I used to love to go to auctions. I don't do it so much now because I really don't have anywhere to put anything else in my house! :rolleyes: What kind of things does you DH go to look for?

Swaps can be lots of fun. It's a great way to get your mojo going and to meet new stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #2312  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad to see you around again Paige!
Auctions sound like so much fun - but I guess some would be boring - depending on what they have. I've only been to a couple of them but enjoyed it. It's fun to see what everyone wants to bid on. They had a huge estate sale and auction here last weekend, but as usual, I didn't know until after the fact! Would have loved to have gone to that one.

Ah, the CASEing - I STILL haven't done Darlene or Indah's!! Shame on me I guess. Maybe I'll work on that this week. I've been trying to get all my DT commitments completed through September right now.

Swaps...........AHA!!! Paige you just provided with a fantastic DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!! so...................

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK: What is a swap?
What do you have to do for one?
How many are involved:
Am I the ONLY one that doesn't know exactly what they are and has never done one?

Lynn
I think estates sales would be fun to go to. You have the chance to find all sorts of cool stuff.

Swaps are fun. I actually started out on SCS doing swaps. I was new to stamping and then found out about SCS later on when I started going to a stamp camp with a demo I found on SU's website.

Swap - you make a certain number of cards according to the theme of the swap. Usually you make a +1 for the hostess of the swap. You send the hostess all the cards you made and she gathers all the swaps and then sends out a package of 1 of each of the swaps to all the members. The number of people involved and the number of how many cards you have to make vary. They have other themes of swaps also - layouts, altered items (as long as they're not big), tags, ATC's, etc. I haven't done a swap in a long time. Too busy with other things, but it would be fun to do one again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #2313  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I have done one SCS swap, and did not know you could make identical cards. I was a real green horn. I have since (recently) done a couple of informal ATC swaps, which was fun as it was just between individuals (but I did not know to put all the dets on the back - I just did my usual 'stamped by' stamp and signature.)
I do find group swaps difficult to participate in due to postage issues i.e. enclosing appropriate postage is not possible internationally, although a block of (NZ)chocolate did pay it in the one I did do :-)...........
I had issues like that when I first started doing swaps - just not sure exactly how they worked, but found out soon enough.

I can see how the postage would be an issue. LOL! I wouldn't mind getting paid in chocolate either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #2314  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Holy Moly!!!

I'm not sure I could create 16 of something, etc....like that - whether it was the same thing or not. I'm thinking I'd just get burnt out too quick. Most of the time I'm doing really good to get a few cards a week on my blog! It takes me too long to come up with ideas I guess. I would image the hostess would have a huge job keeping all that straight.
I can see how it'd be fun and you would get to meet so many - and see what everyone else does too.
What do you do with all the cards/projects you receive?

Lynn
I would not do a swap for 16 items. I'd only do for 5 or 6. It's good with a few where you can set up a progression table - do all the different parts and then put them all together.

I bought large binders - the kind that you would put polaroid photos in and then just kept them in the binders for inspiration. This past year though, I went through all the binders that I had and pulled out any cards that could be reused and have them all in a box that I intend to donate to some organization to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #2315  
Hardware Hotshot

Auctions: My DH collects Red Wing stoneware. I rarely bid on anything because I'm thinking just like you - where do I put this?!!! I advise DH not to buy another jug/crock unless he has a specific place for it - falls on deaf ears though. I'm just thankful he has ahobby, so he doesn't bug me about mine!

Swaps: It was a long phase I went through when I first started stamping. Because I didn't know anyone local who stamps as much as I do, (most stamp only when they need a card, and I stamp just to stamp) it was a way for me to be connected to others who enjoyed the hobby.

The 16 sets of six card candies didn't bother me so much, as they were small and I made extras for myself, but the 16 mini notebooks got to me! I kept the image and details simple and contemplated doing a few at a time in stages, but then I just wanted to get them all completed and check off that from my list. I still have a finishing touch and then to mail them off. I'll be posting both my swap entries on my blog in the near future.

There was a time when I had to make a card, I made 6-12 identical cards to have on hand, especially birthdays , but then I would forget who I sent which cards to, so I went back to stamping one of a card.

What do I do with all of my swaps? Well I have shoe boxes of cards made by friends I made through swapping (most no longer stamp) and I know this sounds silly, but I pull them out once in awhile and read the notes they put in their cards and enjoy remembering them fondly. I rarely do swaps at all now because of the question what to do with them. But I still occasionally swap one on one with someone for a card/3D item now and then.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #2316  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I do swaps; love swaps. I use some of the cards I receive... donate some (to Ronald McDonald House, Operation Write Home, etc) and hoard some for creative inspiration.

I also host one swap... we lovingly refer to it as "The Forest" and there are forest friends - those who swap with us. It's quite a community where friends meet to chat, encourage, etc. A wonderful place.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #2317  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Quote:

Glad you had a good weekend with those kiddos Maggie! Fun!

I haven't forgotten about the Discussion of the Week - will try to think of something and get it up tomorrow.

We're kind of lacking on everyone checking in right now........busy summer or what?

Lynn

Checkin in! :grin: I'm sorry I'm not as active as I used to be - back to school and all that jazz. Mom of 4 - REPRESENT

Maxine - thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today! I am a HUGE reader ~ a fanatic, if you will I was LOLing at your nothing else gets done - lol. Good thing I"m a neat freak or I'd be in trouble with all the time I spend reading! Truth is, one of my 'hidden talents' is that I'm a speed reader :grin: Something I picked up when I was a kid and never outgrew it, for which I am thankful!

Maggie, you are one of the most positive and beautifully speaking people I know. Seriously I was about to talk about how much swapping is getting me down and I saw your post and it just turned my typing all the way around! There is always something GOOD in EVERYTHING. Thank you for that gentle reminder, friend

Lynn, I used to be big into swapping but at reached that "at some point, something has to give" point in life, lol. I had BOXES of cards from swaps that I had hoarded from when I first started. I've donated all the cards now since I knew they were much needed elsewhere, like to our troops (mostly to the troops like through OWH but remember, they can't take any cards with glitter due to danger to the soldiers!) and kids in need like this organization: Sendasmile4kids. There are SO many, really, but these two are ones I'm regular with and the SAS4K has a homebase in the states, too

Have a fabulous day, everyone!
x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #2318  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I do swaps; love swaps. I use some of the cards I receive... donate some (to Ronald McDonald House, Operation Write Home, etc) and hoard some for creative inspiration.

I also host one swap... we lovingly refer to it as "The Forest" and there are forest friends - those who swap with us. It's quite a community where friends meet to chat, encourage, etc. A wonderful place.
You are really a hard core swapper! You've got a few that sound like a lot of fun. I'll have to give it a go one of these days when things aren't so crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #2319  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Checkin in! :grin: I'm sorry I'm not as active as I used to be - back to school and all that jazz. Mom of 4 - REPRESENT

Maxine - thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today! I am a HUGE reader ~ a fanatic, if you will I was LOLing at your nothing else gets done - lol. Good thing I"m a neat freak or I'd be in trouble with all the time I spend reading! Truth is, one of my 'hidden talents' is that I'm a speed reader :grin: Something I picked up when I was a kid and never outgrew it, for which I am thankful!

Maggie, you are one of the most positive and beautifully speaking people I know. Seriously I was about to talk about how much swapping is getting me down and I saw your post and it just turned my typing all the way around! There is always something GOOD in EVERYTHING. Thank you for that gentle reminder, friend

Lynn, I used to be big into swapping but at reached that "at some point, something has to give" point in life, lol. I had BOXES of cards from swaps that I had hoarded from when I first started. I've donated all the cards now since I knew they were much needed elsewhere, like to our troops (mostly to the troops like through OWH but remember, they can't take any cards with glitter due to danger to the soldiers!) and kids in need like this organization: Sendasmile4kids. There are SO many, really, but these two are ones I'm regular with and the SAS4K has a homebase in the states, too

Have a fabulous day, everyone!
x0x0
What sweet words Kelly. Not sure what I said to deserve that, but so sweet of you to say. Do you do many swaps? What kind do you like best?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #2320  
Hardware Hotshot

Kelly, thanks for the link to the organization that takes cards for kids. I'm going to go through my boxes of cards when I get ahead or at least caught up in DT commitments. I know I have cards I could send. My trouble is I love to use embellishments, so most of my cards are too bulky, but I'll dig deep to find some that can be put to good use!

Reply With Quote Likes