Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #4041  
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone...
I hope everyone had afair week end...I said 'fair' cause by reading some of your latest posts it seems that most had a lot of concerns.
*First of I loveeeeed seeing your gkids pictures Maxine...they are adorable!
Lil one in the swing looks delighted to be outdoor while the lil miss is enjoying some fun reading indoor in complete relax...how precious they are!♥♥
So so sooo sorry to hear about your mini stroke scare! I am glad U are getting a lot of blood work done and that teh dr is keeping an eye on you...but please don't let this scare you out completely....My son in law...(42yo last Dec) had a stroke too last fall....and now he's back working full time...he's putting ling hrs getting up at 5:30 am and returning home about 5:30 pm every single day...Luckily for you and him this is just a warning...it's good to slow down and if you must quit we would totally understand too but I truly hope it won't have to come to that...Ultimatley though, YOU are the only one that knows what's your best interest....sending you healing thoughts and prayers...
*Paige sounds U are getting lots of kiddies snuggles too...so nice....
*Maggie...sorry that your GF boy was a tad cranky...I would too if I had a dirty diaper
on also...lol...*JJ* ;o) I am glad your house is much safer now w/ all the re wiring work almost done. Yeah for safety first and foremost!
*I am getting quite an 'education' on leg cramps ladies...but..PICKLE JUICE?? oh my!!
doesn't that make your stomach doing the cha cha in the middle of the night?? yikes....lol
All I know (from a girlfriend) is that it really helps if you stretch your legs before bedtime and also she drinks a lot of V8 juice. Eating cantaloupe is another thing she swears by...
My hubby gets leg cramps from time to time...we blame circulation problem...when that happens he gets up from bed...and walks a bit, drinks some water and just goes back to sleep until morning....
*RRR...never heard of this ribbon club before now...but not really interested...I don't think I could use all the ribbon I presently own...lol (and still buy more when I find good sales....lol)
*Shelley...the Grandma shower sounds like do much fun! I hope it comes true!
btw we ended up having leftover on VD too...as well as similar evening...ehehe
sometimes there is no place like home...♥ btw love to see your hubby's buddy pict..he sure is a plump one! :o)
* Darlene, I would nEVER tire of your Bijou writing...he's adorable, just like his human.
*Jeanette,not sure if U're back now, but sending safe travel wishes regardless...
*Lynn...ditto on taxes!...we 'deal with them' same as U do!*wink*
Also, funny you wish to change your blog name!...I think it's really adorable!
I too really enjoyed finding out how your blog names came about...I could tell you all about mine, but it would be a total repeat of this link..so I am sending you directly there....lol :
That's Amore!: What's In a Name?

Good night everyoneee!♥

Sending you all wonderful wishes of a GREAT brand new week full of wonderful surprises.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #4042  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,851 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm home - for a day - I leave again bright and early tomorrow morning for two days. LOL!

I've read to catch up. Whew!

Maxine, I'm sorry to hear of your mini stroke....... so scary! Praying your health does not cause another scare! Please do what is best for you, but I hope that means staying in our "no-pressure" group!

Shelly, the buddy is adorable! Thief that he is. ;)

Tax refund??? What is this "thing" of which you speak??? LOL! My DH is self-employed - which means we NEVER get a refund, but instead have to pay more $$$! UGH!!! Oh, and he figures our taxes. The first 7 years we were married, we had a tax man do them. The last one we had was unknown to us DISHONEST. Did something BAD on our taxes........... and the IRS discovered his dishonesty and therefore AUDITED all of his clients. EEK! We ended up with LOTS of back taxes and penalties to pay. DH said he could do better than that.......... so he's done them ever since. DH's brother is an accounting professor... so DH did have a resource to advise him on some things in the early years.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #4043  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Had a nice time at DD's last night for dinner. My SIL grilled chicken and DD made potato salad and cole slaw to go with it. I ate it and guess what, I was actually down this morning when I weighed myself! Can't wait to see what happens on Thursday.

I had a voice mail from the electrician when I got home that he had left at 7:30! That was from 9 a.m. for what was supposed to have taken him 5 hours! Sure glad I wasn't paying by the hour. Now I need to do some research to see where I can sell these breakers that he changed out. He told me they were worth quite a chunk of change, so I really need to figure that out.

It's going to be a boring 2 weeks coming up. Not much on the calendar here. Guess I'll get back to filing. :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #4044  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
I'm home - for a day - I leave again bright and early tomorrow morning for two days. LOL!

I've read to catch up. Whew!

Tax refund??? What is this "thing" of which you speak??? LOL! My DH is self-employed - which means we NEVER get a refund, but instead have to pay more $$$! UGH!!! Oh, and he figures our taxes. The first 7 years we were married, we had a tax man do them. The last one we had was unknown to us DISHONEST. Did something BAD on our taxes........... and the IRS discovered his dishonesty and therefore AUDITED all of his clients. EEK! We ended up with LOTS of back taxes and penalties to pay. DH said he could do better than that.......... so he's done them ever since. DH's brother is an accounting professor... so DH did have a resource to advise him on some things in the early years.
Glad you got home safely. Hope the trip tomorrow goes well also.

Do you pay estimated taxes through the year?????? If you added more to that, then maybe you'd get a refund. ;)

Did that tax man go to jail for whatever he did wrong? Sorry that you ended up having to pay back taxes and penalties. Good to have a back up if you run into a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #4045  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamaView Post
Hello everyone...
I hope everyone had afair week end...I said 'fair' cause by reading some of your latest posts it seems that most had a lot of concerns.
*First of I loveeeeed seeing your gkids pictures Maxine...they are adorable!
Lil one in the swing looks delighted to be outdoor while the lil miss is enjoying some fun reading indoor in complete relax...how precious they are!♥♥
So so sooo sorry to hear about your mini stroke scare! I am glad U are getting a lot of blood work done and that teh dr is keeping an eye on you...but please don't let this scare you out completely....My son in law...(42yo last Dec) had a stroke too last fall....and now he's back working full time...he's putting ling hrs getting up at 5:30 am and returning home about 5:30 pm every single day...Luckily for you and him this is just a warning...it's good to slow down and if you must quit we would totally understand too but I truly hope it won't have to come to that...Ultimatley though, YOU are the only one that knows what's your best interest....sending you healing thoughts and prayers...
*Paige sounds U are getting lots of kiddies snuggles too...so nice....
*Maggie...sorry that your GF boy was a tad cranky...I would too if I had a dirty diaper
on also...lol...*JJ* ;o) I am glad your house is much safer now w/ all the re wiring work almost done. Yeah for safety first and foremost!
*I am getting quite an 'education' on leg cramps ladies...but..PICKLE JUICE?? oh my!!
doesn't that make your stomach doing the cha cha in the middle of the night?? yikes....lol
All I know (from a girlfriend) is that it really helps if you stretch your legs before bedtime and also she drinks a lot of V8 juice. Eating cantaloupe is another thing she swears by...
My hubby gets leg cramps from time to time...we blame circulation problem...when that happens he gets up from bed...and walks a bit, drinks some water and just goes back to sleep until morning....
*RRR...never heard of this ribbon club before now...but not really interested...I don't think I could use all the ribbon I presently own...lol (and still buy more when I find good sales....lol)
*Shelley...the Grandma shower sounds like do much fun! I hope it comes true!
btw we ended up having leftover on VD too...as well as similar evening...ehehe
sometimes there is no place like home...♥ btw love to see your hubby's buddy pict..he sure is a plump one! :o)
* Darlene, I would nEVER tire of your Bijou writing...he's adorable, just like his human.
*Jeanette,not sure if U're back now, but sending safe travel wishes regardless...
*Lynn...ditto on taxes!...we 'deal with them' same as U do!*wink*
Also, funny you wish to change your blog name!...I think it's really adorable!
I too really enjoyed finding out how your blog names came about...I could tell you all about mine, but it would be a total repeat of this link..so I am sending you directly there....lol :
That's Amore!: What's In a Name?

Good night everyoneee!♥

Sending you all wonderful wishes of a GREAT brand new week full of wonderful surprises.
What a GREAT recap of all the happenings here at Stamp Addicts.

Cute story on how you got your blog name. Loved reading your story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #4046  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Shockers- I am dropping by before it is dark out..... I am devoting the entire afternoon and maybe the PM to stamping- after I take my shower and get dressed......

We saw Life of Pi last night in 3D- the scenery was beautiful! I tried reading the book- it was very different, and I stopped at about p. 100.....maybe I will retry....

We had a light break off of the dining room chandelier.....so when we tried to take it out, we discovered the middle hanging wire was supporting the light and we have it all taken apart to get the inner bolt reattached. 3 of the bulbs ended up breaking off- we do not use the light too often- is there a certain amount of time you should change a bulb so that does not happen- they are many years old- still were all working OK- the cleaning lady actually discovered it- one of the crystal lamps was loose and the bulb broke off when she showed it to me.....
That was quite a job for hubby!

It is sunny and 27 here today- gorgeous day!

Ray does the taxes- i never do them at all- if anything happened to him, I would go to an accountant!

I woke up and looked out the window this morning, and there was a huge furball in my birdfeeder....... This is hubbys buddy!

Have a great day
Shelly
I've had that problem with regular light bulb here and since mine don't ever seem to last very long (even the new LED ones), I don't think age has to do with it. I number of times the glass part comes off and leaves the screw in part in the socket. I've heard that to get it out, you take a potato and I guess cut it down to fit into the socket and scrunch it onto the crew in part and pull it out. I usually will just take a pair of needlenose pliers and pull it out. Of course, whatever you do, turn to power off to the light first!!!!!!!!! ;)

Awww. . . so cute. I have a plastic dome that sits over my bird feeder that keeps the squirrels from getting into it, but I also do have a squirrel feeder that hangs on the fence. See, I'm not partial to any one critter, I feed them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #4047  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning Stamp Addicts!

Maggie: good luck on no power today. Ugh on using your tax return for an electrician, but safe is better than sorry. Hopefully there's a little left for some fun for you.

Maxine: good luck with your tests tomorrow. The prayers will continue! Drop by whenever you feel like it and give us an update. But no pressure, ok? Just know that we care!

Taxes: Don't even get me started. We NEVER get money back. We have to pay, even though extra $$ are withheld each pay period. We have very little debt, so I guess we get penalized by the government for living responsibly. Hubby does the taxes here too, but I'm going to learn this year (oh boy, can hardly wait - NOT). It's actually on today's docket so we'll see how grumpy I am if I check back here...
So, how did you do on getting those taxes done. Being a single person, I would have trouble getting money back, but I have a home improvement loan which helps with the interest as a deduction, and I also pay tithing to my church which is a big part of my deductions. I don't really pay property taxes anymore since I'm over 65, so that doesn't count anymore. It's not really hard if you use one of those programs online or Turbo Tax. They walk you through all the steps and at the end TaxACT went back and reviewed it to see if I forgot anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #4048  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, glad you didn't have to get the entire house re-wired! That would have taken a bundle of money I image. Good that you're getting the other done though - I'm sure it will be safer now. Without electricity that long - go to a movie!!!

Lynn
He told me it would be $6.50 a sq. ft. With 2000 sq. ft., you can do the math - yes a very large bundle of $$$. I am thinking of refinancing it though to bring my payment down. I need to call the bank that sent me the invitation and also to call my own bank and see what they will do for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #4049  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
Well Maggie the good news is that your house will be up to code and safer wiring. The bad news will be the bill. Safety first, right? Sorry you will be without power for so long. Maybe a good time to read or craft!
I did work on my DT cards for this week, but I had to drag all my stuff out to my dining room table and work there because there wasn't enough light in my stamp room to use it. I have 2 big windows in there, but I keep the blinds closed since the houses are so close together, I don't want to see the people next door in and out of their house and then have them be looking in my window. I have a nice big window in the dining room, so it was great to work out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #4050  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good Morning!

We have been having the most delicious cold weather - it was in the low 60's yesterday and 50* something last night - woot! I wanted to sleep with the windows open but dh said absolutely NOT!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was staying close to home and off the computer as my niece has been a bit tough lately. She's really struggling with a lot of issues, mostly missing her mom, I think .. and we just try to comfort/entertain her as best we can but wow, can we say High Maintenance! I am afraid to take my eyes off of her.

Got a wee bit crafty yesterday so this week ahead I'll be able to post a few DT requirements but wow, I'm spending more time looking through boxes and scrounging what's left, lol! I am half way done with packing up - still - I had to abandon that mission temporarily due to church, volunteering and kid commitments.

No kidding on the taxes. As big as a family as we have, we still don't get much back at all but with the way this country is lately, nothing surprises me much!

Have a spectacular day & Blessings!
xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #4051  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning!

We have been having the most delicious cold weather - it was in the low 60's yesterday and 50* something last night - woot! I wanted to sleep with the windows open but dh said absolutely NOT!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was staying close to home and off the computer as my niece has been a bit tough lately. She's really struggling with a lot of issues, mostly missing her mom, I think .. and we just try to comfort/entertain her as best we can but wow, can we say High Maintenance! I am afraid to take my eyes off of her.

Got a wee bit crafty yesterday so this week ahead I'll be able to post a few DT requirements but wow, I'm spending more time looking through boxes and scrounging what's left, lol! I am half way done with packing up - still - I had to abandon that mission temporarily due to church, volunteering and kid commitments.

No kidding on the taxes. As big as a family as we have, we still don't get much back at all but with the way this country is lately, nothing surprises me much!

Have a spectacular day & Blessings!
xoxo
Sorry about the kid issues. Hope things get better for her and then for you.

Packing up??????? Are you moving??????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #4052  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Sorry about the kid issues. Hope things get better for her and then for you.

Packing up??????? Are you moving??????
Oh gosh, no - lol! Traveled all over the world, moved many times, but for now, we're staying put (I hope) I'm dismantling my craft room - lovingly called the Cabana - and turning it into a rec room for the kiddos I'm half way done, but with boxes upon boxes and shelves and desks and counters and ..... well, it's a mess! And I had to put it all on hold half way through so it's kinda a hot mess right now :mrgreen:

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #4053  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh gosh, no - lol! Traveled all over the world, moved many times, but for now, we're staying put (I hope) I'm dismantling my craft room - lovingly called the Cabana - and turning it into a rec room for the kiddos I'm half way done, but with boxes upon boxes and shelves and desks and counters and ..... well, it's a mess! And I had to put it all on hold half way through so it's kinda a hot mess right now :mrgreen:
I sure hope you're not having to give up crafting if you're giving up your space. Do you have some other little space you can call your own?

That's nice that the kids will have a place to play in though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #4054  
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!!!

P, glad you popped in!
Jeanette, glad you made it home safe and sound - and now have another good trip.
Maggie - Sometimes a boring two weeks are good for the soul!
Kelly, my thoughts and prayers are with you on your niece. Hope things get better.

I really don't have a DOTW today - so if anyone wants to discuss something, feel free to start one - otherwise, we'll either not have one or I'll try to come up with something later today.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #4055  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Morning everyone!!!

P, glad you popped in!
Jeanette, glad you made it home safe and sound - and now have another good trip.
Maggie - Sometimes a boring two weeks are good for the soul!
Kelly, my thoughts and prayers are with you on your niece. Hope things get better.

I really don't have a DOTW today - so if anyone wants to discuss something, feel free to start one - otherwise, we'll either not have one or I'll try to come up with something later today.

Lynn
No, I have to keep my boss busy or he's nuts! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #4056  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, by all means KEEP THE BOSS HAPPY!!!!! LOL! I know exactly what you mean too!

This probably isn't really a discussion but do have a question - and have had it ever since I started blogging and making cards.....................

I see all these cards with flowers, etc. on them and they're so pretty - but HOW do you mail them!!! ???????
I don't usually use flowers on a card because I keep thinking they're just going to get messed up in the mail. Even the bows I put on cards get all flattened out.
So......how do y'all mail these?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #4057  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, by all means KEEP THE BOSS HAPPY!!!!! LOL! I know exactly what you mean too!

This probably isn't really a discussion but do have a question - and have had it ever since I started blogging and making cards.....................

I see all these cards with flowers, etc. on them and they're so pretty - but HOW do you mail them!!! ???????
I don't usually use flowers on a card because I keep thinking they're just going to get messed up in the mail. Even the bows I put on cards get all flattened out.

Lynn
If I have to mail a card with flowers or other embellishments on it that won't fit in a regular envelope, I use a square padded envelope. I usually put it in a regular square envelope first and then in the padded one. I also have a template for boxes for those cards, but I haven't tried it out yet, I just got it about 2 weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #4058  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Maggie. I've put some of my cards in padded envelopes before (if the have a ton on embellishments on them) but just kinda figured you'd have to mail them in a box with all the flowers so they wouldn't get so crushed. I thought they'd still get crushed even in a padded envelope - unless you put something over the flowers.
With the cost of postage these days, I find myself sending more CAS cards without the embellishments. I know a couple of Christmas' ago, I had these BIG bows, etc. on my cards and had to pay a small fortune to have all of them hand cancelled, etc. No more do I do that!!! They're only charging me around 20 cents more a card to have them hand cancelled but it's worth it. I know if they have big rhinestones/brads on them and you don't have them hand cancelled, the breaks down the postal machines.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #4059  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,851 Posts

Maggie, yes we DO pay the estimated quarterly tax payment - I think it's against the law not to, isn't it? But my DH's theory is, don't over-estimate... he thinks he can use the extra $$$ now as opposed to later (in the form of a tax refund). I, on the other hand, would love a tax refund, so if I were doing it, I'd pay more quarterly. LOL!

I don't know what happened to the tax guy... I know it was a HUGE mess for a LOT of people - mostly pastors - that he did taxes for. UGH!

Oh Lynn, don't even get me started on the PO! LOL! They often times charge for hand-canceling........... but then DON'T hand-cancel the envelope so it gets smushed/crushed, even torn up. IRRITATES me!!! If they are going to charge for it, they should DO it! KWIM?

I'll be out of town the for most of today and tomorrow... going to a Thailand Meeting! WOO HOO!!!

I'll see you again on Thursday!

Hugs for all!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #4060  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Lynn
See, I don't get this!! I get cards with big floofy flowers and in larger size envies with ONE STAMP. That's it. Just a stamp. I'm like taking them to get weighed, padded envies, extra stamps - cuz it's the size that requires extra postage yet it shows up with no postage due?!! I would be afraid that the person on the receiving end would be required to pay and that's not good at all.

And yes, pad the cards, lol. I've gotten a lot of cards with a brad or flower in a regular envie and they are pretty much destroyed by the time it hits my mailbox. It's been snagged and ripped :( I would never tell the person that sent it, of course, but it's sad that they probably didn't mean for that to happen.

Morning to all and safe travels, J!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #4061  
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!

I saw somewhere not long ago where when you're mailing a card with a flower to take a strip of cardboard and make a circle like thing to go around the flower and then put it in a padded envelope. It just seems so costly to do that though.

And yes, Kelly - I had a Christmas card returned a year or so ago that just had a bow on it. It was out of some of the heavier SU ribbon and where it was knotted, it poked all through the envelope. What a mess! AND, I'd done all of my cards like that for Christmas!!! No one ever said anything but I know they were a mess when they received them.

WINDY here this morning - and cold again..........I'm so ready for warmer temps I could scream!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #4062  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 330 Likes on 218 Posts

Hi Lynn - I will swap you some warmth for cool - we have had, and are forecast to have temps in the 85 - 90oF temps all week - we are sort of over it!! DH cannot handle the heat now ....
I have not heard of (any of my) envies ripping, but I do try to put a layer of bubble wrap over card fronts when they have pearls/brads on them. I generally do not make raised cards (3-D flowers and loads of fluffy layers and bows) unless I am hand delivering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #4063  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, that's a FABULOUS idea about using the bubble wrap! I've never thought of that and will be doing it now. And, it doesn't weight down the card!!! LOVE!!!!

It's so hard to think of it being hot where you live, when we're cold here - and vice versa. Hope y'all don't have a bad winter there.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #4064  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hello

Hi- off today, then one more day till I am off for a week- Yippee!!! My youngest is running in a track meet in Champaign this weekend- where the Univ of Illinois is....... It is on the way to Ky, so we decided to leave Sat AM, go to the meet then drive on to Ky from there. My daughter runs club Cross Country and Track (not for the University), It is great for her, and I look forward to seeing her!

I am going to stamp now- just thought I'd pop in to say hello. Doing some DT work...and i just got even more stamps from Sweet Stamps! Whola! More new releases : )

I am trying a pork roast/rootbeer in the crock pot- then add BBQ sauce at the end- cannot wait- I love Pulled Pork, and hope it is as good as people say it is....gotta love the crock pot! Nothing like a quick and easy- and delicious dinner .

It is 14 and chilly here- and the wind is really blowing- good thing it is not snowing! We got a ground covering of snow, so the ground is white but then it stopped. It was not easy to go out to warm water exercise today-but so glad I did- feel great!

I try not to make cards to lumpy and bumpy- some I send to Sweet Stamps for the display at the shows- so no worries, but I do not like to mail cards that are bulky. My P.O. is terrible- I have to pay extra for any little lump/bump!

Hope you are having a great day!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #4065  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Ooops! I guess it's afternoon now. :mrgreen:

It's been busy around here so far this week. Another busy day today. So nice now, my boss took off early. ;)

Shelly, nice that you're going to get a little vacation. What are you plans for going to Kentucky?

Your pork sounds really yummy. What's your recipe?

It was chilly here this morning, but has warmed up a bit to the upper 60's. We're supposed to get more rain Wednesday and Thursday. I just hope we have a nice weekend.

Have fun crafting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #4066  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Lynn - I will swap you some warmth for cool - we have had, and are forecast to have temps in the 85 - 90oF temps all week - we are sort of over it!! DH cannot handle the heat now ....
I have not heard of (any of my) envies ripping, but I do try to put a layer of bubble wrap over card fronts when they have pearls/brads on them. I generally do not make raised cards (3-D flowers and loads of fluffy layers and bows) unless I am hand delivering.
I've only had a couple of mine get shredded and I'm not sure it was even because it had an embellishment on it that was too big. Sometimes the PO is just careless. I've used bubblewrap before and also a little piece of c/s. I love making cards with lots of stuff on them, so I generally have to pay more to get them mailed.

Oh, great news. I sold another card today. This makes 3 so far in the last 2 weeks and I haven't even gotten anything in my Etsy shop yet. This one I made for PSC tomorrow and my GF here at the office wants to buy it to send to the wife of her DH's best growing up friend who passed away recently. I'm excited that I've actually sold some of my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #4067  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

See, I don't get this!! I get cards with big floofy flowers and in larger size envies with ONE STAMP. That's it. Just a stamp. I'm like taking them to get weighed, padded envies, extra stamps - cuz it's the size that requires extra postage yet it shows up with no postage due?!! I would be afraid that the person on the receiving end would be required to pay and that's not good at all.

And yes, pad the cards, lol. I've gotten a lot of cards with a brad or flower in a regular envie and they are pretty much destroyed by the time it hits my mailbox. It's been snagged and ripped :( I would never tell the person that sent it, of course, but it's sad that they probably didn't mean for that to happen.

Morning to all and safe travels, J!
I usually always pay the right postage on mine because I bring them to the office and mail them from here so the postage person puts the right amount on them. I would hate for someone to get one postage due.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #4068  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, yes we DO pay the estimated quarterly tax payment - I think it's against the law not to, isn't it? But my DH's theory is, don't over-estimate... he thinks he can use the extra $$$ now as opposed to later (in the form of a tax refund). I, on the other hand, would love a tax refund, so if I were doing it, I'd pay more quarterly. LOL!

I don't know what happened to the tax guy... I know it was a HUGE mess for a LOT of people - mostly pastors - that he did taxes for. UGH!

Oh Lynn, don't even get me started on the PO! LOL! They often times charge for hand-canceling........... but then DON'T hand-cancel the envelope so it gets smushed/crushed, even torn up. IRRITATES me!!! If they are going to charge for it, they should DO it! KWIM?

I'll be out of town the for most of today and tomorrow... going to a Thailand Meeting! WOO HOO!!!

I'll see you again on Thursday!

Hugs for all!!!
Yes, some people do like to just pay what they need to and not give it to the IRS to use for a year. They certainly aren't going to give you interest on it. ;)

Have fun at your meeting and travel safely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #4069  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's GREAT news about you selling another card today! WooHoo!!!! Keep at it and you may not have time to create for the Etsy shop!

Shelly, I want to know how that pulled pork comes out with the Root Beer. I've done the pulled pork in the Crock Pot from a recipe I found on Pinterest, but then saw the one with Root Beer and wanted to try it.
Know you'll enjoy that week off next week... Have a good and fun trip this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #4070  
Forum Fanatic

Received 450 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Whine Alert!!! LOL

Morning Stamp Addicts!
I love checking in here, but you'd never know that if you judged by my frequency lately LOL LOL
It's official: I now HATE my job. Yep. Wanna walk away, work somewhere else. Work LESS. Getting paid less would be a fair exchange. Oh, wait, we have bills. Guess I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it. :rolleyes:

Ok, enough of that. So glad to hear of the tax talk - no we did not start the taxes, but DH actually downloaded a new version of Turbo Tax, so maybe we'll start this weekend.

Years ago we had a pro do our taxes and DH found so many errors he said "forget this" and has done them ever since. We have the same philosophy about paying quarterly as Jeanette's hubby. Why let them use the money all year when we could. So, no refund for us. Plus we're trying to live safely and hardly have any interest to deduct. But you can usually expect me to be grumpy around April 15th every year, LOL

Maxine, how did the testing go on Monday? Still praying!

Glad to hear of the various approaches to mailing embellished cards. I do the same as most of you - if they are really thick, I try to hand deliver. If they are for my Mom or other family members (mailing coast to coast required) I either include it inside a box with other items or send them in a padded envie. It does get expensive though!

Maggie: Wooo hooo on selling another card!! That is so COOL! But you shouldn't be surprised - look at your work, I mean, HONESTLY - it's gorgeous!

Shelly, the upcoming trip for the track meet sounds like just the ticket to break up the winter blahs! How did the pulled pork turn out? I've also done pp in the crock pot - several different recipes - but have yet to try the ones with root beer or cola. I'll bet it was good!

Lynn: sorry you've been having so much cold weather down there. Wanna trade places? hahahaha Only in New England do you see this: in the middle of our coldest month we get a strange day where it reaches the upper 40's. I leave the PO and see a man wearing a winter parka, shorts and snow boots. :rolleyes: I figure he's gotta be single or his wife is out of town...

Hugs for everyone, I don't mean to overlook anyone...but have to get going to the office. No rest for the wicked.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 AM   #4071  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Darlene, so good to hear from you whenever you stop by. Loved your comment about the man wearing shorts and snow boots. LOL! Would you believe that we have an attorney who offices in our space (not really part of our firm) that wears Bermuda shorts to work every day!!!!!! It is much better than the running shorts he used to wear until he was finally told that he had to wear more decent clothing to the office. He is NOT single and his wife is NOT out of town all the time. He's just rich and can do what he wants. I must say though if he has to go to court or if it is REALLY cold outside he does wear long pants. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #4072  
Die Cut Diva

Darlene, glad you popped in here. So funny about your job!! Come on....on know you love it! LOL! I used to have the same kind of days. We had a guy that worked with us and ever so often he'd call in "sick". The next day when you asked how he was feeling, etc., he'd say he was fine - just SICK of work!!! LOL! I never did that but then again, I was one of the "good girls" that never skipped school either (I was always afraid I'd get caught and my dad would bust my behind bad!!!).........and no, I really wasn't a "good girl" either!! I'm just glad my children didn't know about some of the stuff I did in school! LOL!

So funny about the guy wearing shorts when it's so cold up there - and Maggie, I'm still laughing about the guy in y'all's building that liked to come to work in shorts!!!! Guess it pays off to have money and do what you want! LOL!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #4073  
Die Cut Diva

Another question here........I'm looking for a label maker to like mark containers, etc. in my craft room (yes, I'm organizing in there). Does anyone know a good one to get? I haven't even looked at those things in YEARS! The last ones I remember you had this little gun type thing and you had to squeeze the trigger to print out each letter, etc. I just know that they make something a little more technology advanced than that now! LOL! Any ideas?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #4074  
Hardware Hotshot

Lynn, I bought a label maker at Sam's club, but I know WalMart, Target, etc have label makers as well. And yes, they have come a long way from the squeeze type! (But some people use the squeeze type to make fun sentiment strips for their cards too)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #4075  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Another question here........I'm looking for a label maker to like mark containers, etc. in my craft room (yes, I'm organizing in there). Does anyone know a good one to get? I haven't even looked at those things in YEARS! The last ones I remember you had this little gun type thing and you had to squeeze the trigger to print out each letter, etc. I just know that they make something a little more technology advanced than that now! LOL! Any ideas?

Lynn
I should be doing this also and can label my clear stamp cases with the stamp name on the outside. Fabulous idea. So I did a Google search and it brought up a bunch of different kinds. Found one on Amazon that cost $39.99. Right next to it though was a little box that said there was a newer model and it's only $9.99! So I save $30.00 What a deal!

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Home-O...dp_ob_title_ce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #4076  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Paige. I'll look at Walmart but don't know if they have them here. We have a VERY small Wally World!
Thanks Maggie. I checked this out on your link. Looks pretty good. My problem with stuff like this is that I like to actually SEE it before I buy! LOL! I know - my kids get so mad at me about that! BUT, I'm going to do some checking and I may just come back and get this one. Did you order it?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #4077  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks Paige. I'll look at Walmart but don't know if they have them here. We have a VERY small Wally World!
Thanks Maggie. I checked this out on your link. Looks pretty good. My problem with stuff like this is that I like to actually SEE it before I buy! LOL! I know - my kids get so mad at me about that! BUT, I'm going to do some checking and I may just come back and get this one. Did you order it?

Lynn
I understand. I'm like you. I'm a hands on type also and want to see how it works first. I looked at some other ones on Amazon and didn't really see a whole lot of difference between them. I just want tape to be easy to find. I'll probably just go to my local Office Depot and check out what they have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #4078  
Die Cut Diva

That's a good idea. I have to go to the "city" tomorrow so maybe I can find an office supply store nearby. I just thought maybe someone already had one that they love.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #4079  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 330 Likes on 218 Posts

Love the way you call Walmart Wally World - we have a chain called the Wharehouse known by some as the Funny Whare ( whare [ Foor-ee] being the Maori word for house).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #4080  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine........LOL!!! I always call Walmart Wally World! Too funny about y'all calling the Wharehouse the name Funny Whare! Is Maori a language spoken in New Zealand? Between you and Shelly, we can all learn Chinese AND Maori now! Can you speak this language Maxine?

I actually did scoot to Wally World while ago (the small one in the nearby town) and they (of course) didn't have a label maker. Then I remembered that there was a small office type store in town. It's actually in the store that sells cell phones and Radio Shack stuff. Anyway, they had one - for $49.95! I didn't want to pay that much so told the lady, thanks but no thanks.......and she said - oh, we just happen to have another one over here that's much less expensive!!!!!!!!!!! Well, hello - why didn't she show me that one in the first place! Anyway, I bought it and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It's a Brother PT something and so nice. Plus they have the extra tape rolls there! That makes it even nicer. I swear the tape was almost as much as the label maker. I bought an extra roll but will probably try to find it a little cheaper somewhere else. I'm a label making fool right now.............I told Jim he'd better watch out or I'd stick a label on him too! No comment on what it would say though! LOL!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes