Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   Paper Bloggers Unite (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/paper-bloggers-unite-534319/)

ScrappinCEO 10-18-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 (Post 18834476)
This is a post for information. I recently found a YOUTUBE VIDEO tutorial on how to make a PAPER DOOR HANGER so that this gal could promote her Stampin Up! business. On the door hanger ( which she also decorated ) she also had a nice poem about her business. However, she did not share the poem during the video ! HAVE any of you seen this video, or do you have a poem that I could use. I think this door hanger would be an AWESOME IDEA to promote a Stampin Up! Business. It is a little more personal that just putting a flyer on a mailbox ( not in, but possibly taped to the outside of the mailbox ) .....
If anyone has any suggestions, I really would appreciate it ! I am very exciited about this idea !
I am trying to come up with something on my own, but not having a very easy time of creating a poem. I have only written one poem in my entire life !!!

Hey Red (first name please? hehe)

If you create a YouTube account, you can send that person a PM asking if they'll share the poem.

ScrappinCEO 10-18-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainaScraps (Post 18834439)
Hi I'm here! I've updated my blog please come and visit!

Raina {Inking In Pink Stamps}

inkinginpinkstamps.blogspot.com

HI Raina

I'll be getting caught up on everyone's blogs next week and making sure you're on my PBU list.

mschoener 10-18-2011 10:10 AM

Hi ladies! I finally got my blog updated with my October Challenge card for the color challenge Kelly posted. It was a fun one.

ScrappinCEO 10-19-2011 02:31 PM

Hey gals!

Just an incentive... I've asked Soni to post the November Challenge around Nov. 1st. She was the first to post a card for the October Challenge.

Unless someone has a better suggestion... or Michelle is able to come back and take the challenge reigns back over.... I thought we'd do this as a 'tag your it' kind of thing. First one to post their card for that month's challenge will have first option to create the challenge for the following month. So the sooner you post your card, the more time you have to think about your challenge.

I hope to get my Oct. card done next week when I get back home.

Soni B 10-19-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18839726)
Hey gals!

Just an incentive... I've asked Soni to post the November Challenge around Nov. 1st. She was the first to post a card for the October Challenge.

Unless someone has a better suggestion... or Michelle is able to come back and take the challenge reigns back over.... I thought we'd do this as a 'tag your it' kind of thing. First one to post their card for that month's challenge will have first option to create the challenge for the following month. So the sooner you post your card, the more time you have to think about your challenge.

Sounds like fun Kel I am already thinking ...

I did get a couple more cards made today... yippee
I hope to update my blog with them tomorrow ...

Soni B 10-20-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni B (Post 18840442)
Sounds like fun Kel I am already thinking ...

I did get a couple more cards made today... yippee
I hope to update my blog with them tomorrow ...

and I did ! so I hope you all can look ... have a super day ladies

ScrappinCEO 10-20-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni B (Post 18842852)
and I did ! so I hope you all can look ... have a super day ladies

Went and peeked. Cool cards :-)

ROROLEE 10-20-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18839726)
Hey gals!

I have no problem. Sounds interesting too~

I will try not to be late for the Oct. challenge.

mschoener 10-20-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18844173)
Went and peeked. Cool cards :-)

Ditto!

Soni B 10-21-2011 04:36 PM

thank you ladies, you are all so supportive...
It is more fun when people actually look at what you post...lol

ROROLEE 10-24-2011 03:35 PM

I updated an Autumn light ornament. Also hopped everywhere to see how you guys doing. How's weekend? I went to pick a pumpkin! :D

almightyhope 10-24-2011 03:38 PM

Hi everyone! I'm really behind, but I've updated my blog and I'll try to get to everyone's in the next couple days : ) Also, eventually I'll get to adding a blog list for this group! Catch everyone later!

mschoener 10-24-2011 05:55 PM

I just got my blog updated tonight. Last week was crazy busy with a baby shower that I hosted. Much more work than I thought it was going to be.

RoRo and Hope - love your project and card. Very pretty.

redcaboose1717 10-24-2011 06:10 PM

ROROLEE....I checked out your blog.....AWESOME ! Would you mind sharing where you puchased the Light for your door hanger ? I have battery operated "candle" lights ( quite small and they are round ) .....I wonder if these that I have might work ? Anyway, if you would share where you puchased the light....I would really appreciate it !

THANKS
Jacqueline / Sugar

hpyscrpr2 10-25-2011 04:59 PM

Good Evening Ladies! My blog is updated & I've also visited all of you....have a great night :-D

ROROLEE 10-26-2011 12:50 PM

Thanks Margaret & Jacqueline :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 (Post 18854845)
ROROLEE....I checked out your blog.....AWESOME ! Would you mind sharing where you puchased the Light for your door hanger ? I have battery operated "candle" lights ( quite small and they are round ) .....I wonder if these that I have might work ? Anyway, if you would share where you puchased the light....I would really appreciate it !

THANKS
Jacqueline / Sugar

I bought the LED candles from BJ'S. They use CR2032 batteries, which are already put in each of the candle. I took a picture for you and uploaded in my blog. So you can see the package and candle. :D I also put the light candle in my carving pumpkin. I will update the pumpkin in these few days, so you can see the effect.

ScrappinCEO 10-26-2011 03:55 PM

Hey gals!

I'm home and trying to get things back in order. I hope to have my blog updated by end of the week and to get around to you guys'.

ScrappinCEO 10-31-2011 03:04 PM

Guess what? I finally got to sit and go through blogs today! You guys have been busy. Although it wasn't first thing this morning, my Magazine Monday post did go up this afternoon. Wonder if I can get Teapot Tuesday done for tomorrow morning :-)

mschoener 10-31-2011 04:26 PM

Cute card Kelly and thanks for the comments from everyone on my blog also.

creatingisfun 11-01-2011 11:49 AM

hey everyone sorry my blog has no updates :(
I just moved to our new place and boxes still everywhere, I finally unpacked computer last night so hopefully by this weekend I have some of my craft room set up.

stamptician 11-01-2011 02:41 PM

Just updated and will have another new post scheduled for tomorrow. How is everyone doing?

ScrappinCEO 11-01-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfun (Post 18877331)
I just moved to our new place and boxes still everywhere, I finally unpacked computer last night so hopefully by this weekend I have some of my craft room set up.

It takes time to settle in, Martha. We'll be here when you are. Just check in to let us know how you're doing ;-)

ScrappinCEO 11-01-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 18878162)
Just updated and will have another new post scheduled for tomorrow. How is everyone doing?

Moving along here, Jennipher. I have my Teapot Tuesday card done but it's drying. I'll get it up later this evening - but still Tuesday hehe

My month is pretty much all about writing. Hoping to pound out the rough draft of a new book for National Novel Writing Month - pledge to write 50,000 words in 30 days. This is my 8th year.

ROROLEE 11-01-2011 04:11 PM

I updated some Halloween photos on my Facebook. Had a very busy weekend. :D Took lots of photos. It's so fun!

I will stop by you guys' blog when eating dinner.

Kelly- That's a lot! But you can do it!

ScrappinCEO 11-01-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROROLEE (Post 18878733)
I updated some Halloween photos on my Facebook. Had a very busy weekend. :D Took lots of photos. It's so fun!

I will stop by you guys' blog when eating dinner.

Kelly- That's a lot! But you can do it!

It's not as bad as it sounds. It avg. out to be 1,667 words per day. It's easier for me if I have an outline to follow but I didn't have the opportunity to work one up this year, so I'm wingin' it. We'll see hehe

mschoener 11-01-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfun (Post 18877331)

Hi Martha. Glad you got moved okay. Look forward to seeing new creations after you get unpacked.

mschoener 11-01-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 18878162)

Your card is gorgeous Jennipher. I haven't checked out those stamps yet. May have to give it a try.

mschoener 11-01-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18878483)
Moving along here, Jennipher. I have my Teapot Tuesday card done but it's drying. I'll get it up later this evening - but still Tuesday hehe

My month is pretty much all about writing. Hoping to pound out the rough draft of a new book for National Novel Writing Month - pledge to write 50,000 words in 30 days. This is my 8th year.

Looking forward to seeing your card Kelly -- and your story this month. What's the story line?

mschoener 11-01-2011 07:39 PM

I worked on a card tonight and will get a photo and upload it tomorrow. I wasn't sure it was going to work, but it did turn out pretty well. It's the first time I've used a digital stamp and that's not easy to do.

ROROLEE 11-01-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18879833)
It's not as bad as it sounds. It avg. out to be 1,667 words per day. It's easier for me if I have an outline to follow but I didn't have the opportunity to work one up this year, so I'm wingin' it. We'll see hehe

Agree. It's like creating a card. Once one gets the idea, the rest is just finding the materials and piecing them together carefully.

mschoener 11-03-2011 03:19 AM

Good morning bloggers. Updated my blog again last night.

creatingisfun 11-04-2011 10:23 AM

I finally updated my blog ;)

ScrappinCEO 11-05-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 18880319)
Looking forward to seeing your card Kelly -- and your story this month. What's the story line?

For the first time I'm working with a preconceived idea by the publisher. AT least one of the pivotal scenes has to take place in a honkytonk in TX - one they've created for this 15 book series. But at least if I can write to fit their parameters, I might get the sales ball rolling.

ScrappinCEO 11-06-2011 05:50 PM

I've been around to everyone's blog tonight. Great creativity going on! I've also posted my Magazine Monday post as I have to be out the door again tomorrow. ::: sigh :::

Soni B 11-06-2011 06:24 PM

and she reminded me I was supposed to post a challenge Nov 1 st...

here I thought I was stopping by to let you all know that I updated my blog...lol

ok so for the challenge I love earth tones, especially this time of year... So let's create a card or a page using only neutrals and one other color... and only 2 or 3 shades on a neutral

sorry I was late... hope this gets you all *thinking... So how will you add that one color??? by using bling, or ribbon or as ink or chalk or as a main focal point?? I cannot wait to see...

ScrappinCEO 11-07-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni B (Post 18896354)

here I thought I was stopping by to let you all know that I updated my blog...lol

ok so for the challenge I love earth tones, especially this time of year... So let's create a card or a page using only neutrals and one other color... and only 2 or 3 shades on a neutral

sorry I was late... hope this gets you all *thinking... So how will you add that one color??? by using bling, or ribbon or as ink or chalk or as a main focal point?? I cannot wait to see...

Great challenge, Soni!

I'll see what I can do. As you know I'm suppose to be writing as much as possible this month but I gotta have some play time, too! And I do have pumpkin pics of Adrian to scrap.

mschoener 11-07-2011 09:29 AM

I just updated my blog with a card for the Perfect Sentiments Challenge No. 5 for Thanksgiving card using brads or eyelets on it and also the SCS Monthly Challenge.

mschoener 11-07-2011 09:31 AM

Just so you don't think I'm ignoring you, my modem crashed Friday night so I've been without Internet all weekend (or TV), so I've had some time to do some things around the house. I was supposed to get the new modem today, but they just shipped it today so I won't get it until tomorrow so no TV or Internet tonight either. Glad I'm able to use my laptop at work to get on here.

mschoener 11-07-2011 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni B (Post 18896354)

Thanks for the challenge Soni. I'll see what I can do with it. This was my card for the October challenge. Not sure I ever posted it here although it is on my blog and in my gallery.

Soni B 11-07-2011 11:23 AM

I am hoping to see some new ideas, so when choosing your "extra" color I hope you reach out side of your normal thinking...unless you have a favorite that always works :D