Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   Paper Bloggers Unite (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/paper-bloggers-unite-534319/)

mschoener 06-06-2013 03:23 AM

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

Don't know if you guys have heard of Simply Betty Stamps, but I love her work. I joined her FB Fan Club and as a member I can get one of her images for free each month. The thing is that you have to use it to make a card or some paper craft item and enter it in the monthly challenge. At the end of the month, it is set up so people (anyone) can vote on the card of their choice as the winner that month. I think this is the 3rd month that I've taken part. I always thought that it was only the Fan Club members that could vote on the card, but found out that anyone is allowed to vote, so I'm asking you to go vote on my Fairy Card! :grin: Here's a link to the challenge and you just have to click on No. 23 (that's me) and vote for me!!!! Voting is open until the 8th, but vote early so you don't forget. :wink: Thanks. http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.co...fairy-fun.html

hpyscrpr2 06-06-2013 06:50 AM

Morning....off to vote :-)

smadson 06-06-2013 07:12 AM

Voted. :)

mschoener 06-06-2013 07:13 AM

Thank you ladies! :)

ibalady12 06-07-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 20192898)
Morning....off to vote :-)

i just voted this am. hope you win

mschoener 06-07-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20194142)
i just voted this am. hope you win

Thank you!

mschoener 06-07-2013 06:08 AM

I was up early this morning at 5 a.m. and out of my house about 6:35 to take Maggie Mae to the vet. She started sneezing the other day and now her right eye is all watery. She had this when she was about 2 months old and it passed through all the other cats in the household. They say that another infection is caused by Feline Herpesvirus which stays dormant in the system. Paisley is sneezing just a little bit and her eyes are not bothered, so I'm hoping she's not going to come down with it too, although she has a bacteria infection that they are supposed to give her antibiotics for. Hopefully that will take care of both.

They had to put MM in isolation until a doctor got in to the office to see her and the girl told me to call around noon to see what was going on.

pinkdisneychick01 06-09-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20194256)
I was up early this morning at 5 a.m. and out of my house about 6:35 to take Maggie Mae to the vet. She started sneezing the other day and now her right eye is all watery. She had this when she was about 2 months old and it passed through all the other cats in the household. They say that another infection is caused by Feline Herpesvirus which stays dormant in the system. Paisley is sneezing just a little bit and her eyes are not bothered, so I'm hoping she's not going to come down with it too, although she has a bacteria infection that they are supposed to give her antibiotics for. Hopefully that will take care of both.

They had to put MM in isolation until a doctor got in to the office to see her and the girl told me to call around noon to see what was going on.

Maggie, I hope your cat is doing alright. Poor thing and poor you with the worry :(

Unfortunately I did not get to vote. This is the first I have been on our thread since Disneyland. Let me know if you enter again and I will vote.

Disneyland was magical as always. My daughter and her friend did wonderful together and my hubby proved he can still hold his own riding the coasters. LOL

Prepping for scrap camp today (at least I hope to). I only have one weekend left after today and alot to do for it. The prizes still need wrapped too. I am in charge of those.

I have been by all of your blogs. I notice the one is never updated. I think it is Inky Palms. I will check to see if my memory is correct. Maybe I am not at the right link.

Hope everyone is good and enjoying a nice Sunday! :D

mschoener 06-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 (Post 20197318)
Maggie, I hope your cat is doing alright. Poor thing and poor you with the worry :(

Unfortunately I did not get to vote. This is the first I have been on our thread since Disneyland. Let me know if you enter again and I will vote.

Disneyland was magical as always. My daughter and her friend did wonderful together and my hubby proved he can still hold his own riding the coasters. LOL

Prepping for scrap camp today (at least I hope to). I only have one weekend left after today and alot to do for it. The prizes still need wrapped too. I am in charge of those.

I have been by all of your blogs. I notice the one is never updated. I think it is Inky Palms. I will check to see if my memory is correct. Maybe I am not at the right link.

Hope everyone is good and enjoying a nice Sunday! :D

We're hanging in here. It's a struggle getting the pills down them, but tomorrow I'm going to try a new way - crush and put in a syringe with water and then squirt it in her mouth. Paisley has big pills and has to take 1 1/2. I was able to give Maggie Mae hers without too much trouble although she wasn't happy. I have to hold her after and give her lots of loving.

No worries, thanks anyway for thinking of voting. I'm sure there will be a next time. They have a new challenge every month. The lady (Betty) though was taken to the ER yesterday. Not sure what the problem was, but she'll be out of commission for a few days.

My DD and her family are in Disneyworld this week. They left here on Friday and come home next Sunday.

ibalady12 06-11-2013 02:21 AM

GM all

Maggie, sorry to hear about your cats. hopefully that syringe thing will work and they'll get better soon.

got my first copics on saturday. they are so dif from the bics ive been using . the tips are so soft and pliable. im used to a stiffer tip. and doing hair is easy with copics . even looks realistic. i did one yesterday and DH said "she even looks cute. havent been doing the blending thing. the paper I have doesnt blend well so im just coloring and enjoying how they turn out . i got the skin tones pack. want an indicator how badly they blend on the paper I have ? the skin looks like dot matrix magnified. lots of colored dots when using just one color muchless more than one . maybe i should use the word flow . it doesnt flow like a marker on this paper period. looking forward to trying paper that can actually use copics for their best effects

Was just over on Kel's blog and looking @ the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday WOYWW site she has been posting about . I was thinking i might fill in with mine only im not sure you can tell there's a desk under there . been missing ms kel's postings while shes playing with the grandbabies.
been wondering about vicki too. havent heard from her since she went back to work. not that getting a job isnt great on its own. but i can testify sometimes el jobo can interfere with play time muchless post time. Hope you job is going well vic. it hsd been awhile. according to blogger its been 4 weeks. hope everything is going well
i'll be around posting on everbodys blog this afternoon. hopefully today will be a much better day than yesterday.

p&b

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20198086)
We're hanging in here. It's a struggle getting the pills down them, but tomorrow I'm going to try a new way - crush and put in a syringe with water and then squirt it in her mouth. Paisley has big pills and has to take 1 1/2. I was able to give Maggie Mae hers without too much trouble although she wasn't happy. I have to hold her after and give her lots of loving.

No worries, thanks anyway for thinking of voting. I'm sure there will be a next time. They have a new challenge every month. The lady (Betty) though was taken to the ER yesterday. Not sure what the problem was, but she'll be out of commission for a few days.

My DD and her family are in Disneyworld this week. They left here on Friday and come home next Sunday.

mschoener 06-11-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20199710)
GM all

Maggie, sorry to hear about your cats. hopefully that syringe thing will work and they'll get better soon.

got my first copics on saturday. they are so dif from the bics ive been using . the tips are so soft and pliable. im used to a stiffer tip. and doing hair is easy with copics . even looks realistic. i did one yesterday and DH said "she even looks cute. havent been doing the blending thing. the paper I have doesnt blend well so im just coloring and enjoying how they turn out . i got the skin tones pack. want an indicator how badly they blend on the paper I have ? the skin looks like dot matrix magnified. lots of colored dots when using just one color muchless more than one . maybe i should use the word flow . it doesnt flow like a marker on this paper period. looking forward to trying paper that can actually use copics for their best effects

Was just over on Kel's blog and looking @ the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday WOYWW site she has been posting about . I was thinking i might fill in with mine only im not sure you can tell there's a desk under there . been missing ms kel's postings while shes playing with the grandbabies.
been wondering about vicki too. havent heard from her since she went back to work. not that getting a job isnt great on its own. but i can testify sometimes el jobo can interfere with play time muchless post time. Hope you job is going well vic. it hsd been awhile. according to blogger its been 4 weeks. hope everything is going well
i'll be around posting on everbodys blog this afternoon. hopefully today will be a much better day tht than yesterday
p&b

Good morning.

I tried the syringe method last night and it worked pretty good. No bleeding from either side. ;) So I guess I'll be able to get them the rest of their meds.

Yeah for Copics. Yes, you do need to get some good paper, but you don't have to buy the most expensive. There are a few brands out there that work just fine. Just keep practicing. If you're wanting to learn more, Copics International is starting a new website called Creative Ladder. It's not up and running just yet, but will be soon. It's going to be online classes taught by the fabulous instructors.

Kelly posted on FB yesterday that she's not only busy with her 2 grand daughters, but also has some writing that is due to her editor and has been working on that. Not sure about Vikki.

I do have some fabulous news! I won that Fairy Challenge that I asked you all to vote on for me! Well, I WON! And the best part is my prize. I will get the next Fairy release (3 images) for free, but the really best part is that I will get to help Simply Betty design the 3 Fairies - what they look like, the theme for them, and also one of them will be named after me, so there will be a Maggie Fairy! Isn't that FABULOUS. I'm so excited about this. I knew I wanted to win, but I had no idea what the prize was going to be.

hpyscrpr2 06-11-2013 08:24 AM

Morning everyone!

Awesome news Maggie. I can't wait to see your fairy :-)

ibalady12 06-11-2013 01:54 PM

got every body visited including kelly and the grand babies

ibalady12 06-11-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 20200161)
Morning everyone!

Awesome news Maggie. I can't wait to see your fairy :-)

congrats Maggie!!!!

ibalady12 06-12-2013 03:13 AM

mornin y'all
Maggie i bet you cant wait for your home to be back to normal plus the new windows. it will be over soon . you hang in there

mschoener 06-12-2013 05:01 AM

Good morning ladies!

You're right Brandy, I can't wait until all the hub bub at the house is over. Should be this weekend. The guys are coming tomorrow night to put the window coverings back up and yesterday I hired a Maid Service to come clean my house on Saturday! WOO HOO! I can't wait for that too. Have a nice clean house. I haven't done a whole lot since I started all the work around here and since I'm having company for dinner Sunday, it'll be great to have a clean house again. I'll be able to work on getting things put back where they belong, especially in my stamp room.

ibalady12 06-12-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20201821)
Good morning ladies!

You're right Brandy, I can't wait until all the hub bub at the house is over. Should be this weekend. The guys are coming tomorrow night to put the window coverings back up and yesterday I hired a Maid Service to come clean my house on Saturday! WOO HOO! I can't wait for that too. Have a nice clean house. I haven't done a whole lot since I started all the work around here and since I'm having company for dinner Sunday, it'll be great to have a clean house again. I'll be able to work on getting things put back where they belong, especially in my stamp room.

just having someone else clean is a treat in itself. woot woot

smadson 06-12-2013 01:18 PM

Congratulations Maggie! :)

mschoener 06-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20202472)
just having someone else clean is a treat in itself. woot woot

Yes. I'm having difficulty getting them to tell me what time they will come so I just called. She said they don't know yet what time. They will work on the Saturday schedule tomorrow. Doesn't make sense to me because they said they had an opening. If they know they have an opening, they should know what time. Oh well. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow.

My GF that I was going to go visit tonight cancelled on me which is just fine. I have so much to do around the house and want to get some card making done if possible. Can't wait til I go for my massage though. That's going to feel so good.

mschoener 06-12-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20202489)
Congratulations Maggie! :)

Thanks Sharon.

mschoener 06-13-2013 10:33 AM

Well, it was back to the vet this morning for Casper. He started sneezing and coughing the way Maggie Mae was and he also was having some very bad diarrhea - ugh! Nasty! I wasn't sure at first if it was him on one of the other 2 cats, but after a couple days I did know that it was him making such a mess. Turned out that he has a mild intestinal bug and the Feline Herpes Virus that MM has. He got all kinds of meds - a shot and pills and got some other pills at the vet's office for the FHV. I only have the antibiotics to give him once a day for 7 days and he will take them in a pill pocket so that won't be a problem for him. I should have them all well by the time I leave to go to CA next Thursday.

hpyscrpr2 06-14-2013 06:56 AM

Morning all...have a great Friday!

I sure hope your kitties do get better by the time you leave Maggie. So sorry for all the sickness though....

ibalady12 06-14-2013 07:32 AM

did y'all go vote for kel? check out her blog . i missed yesterday but you still have plenty of time for today and every day thru june 23rd . go vote ladies

mschoener 06-14-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20204712)
did y'all go vote for kel? check out her blog . i missed yesterday but you still have plenty of time for today and every day thru june 23rd . go vote ladies

Voted yesterday and today and shared on Facebook!

ibalady12 06-14-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20204981)
Voted yesterday and today and shared on Facebook!

YAY Maggie. havent done my fb yet. will shortly . been working on my xmas in july giveaway. hopefully i'll get them all done by the first . if not some time in july TBD

mschoener 06-14-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 20204655)
Morning all...have a great Friday!

I sure hope your kitties do get better by the time you leave Maggie. So sorry for all the sickness though....

They all seem to be doing better. It's time to go get Maggie Mae's and Paisley's medicine ready for them. I don't want to skip any doses.

Looks like I'll be doing my own house cleaning tomorrow. I never did hear back from the maid service yesterday like she told me I would. Instead I got a voice mail at home when I got home from work saying they would come tomorrow at 9 a.m. Well, I've already made some other plans so I told her I'd h-ave to wait to have them start here. I'll be out of town next Saturday, so I told her to put me on the schedule for June 29. She also said that I'm close to their office so they'll do my house in the morning. Perfect!

My Great Niece is coming over at 11:30 to go over her duties and such for when I'm gone. I'm planning to do my errands in the morning before she comes and then I'll clean after she leaves. One of my stops will be at Home Depot to look at Floor steamers. I was checking them out online today and I think I'm leaning toward getting a Haan. I had always thought I'd get a Shark, but they didn't have such great reviews that I read online so I think I'll pass on that product.

The Sister Missionaries are coming for dinner on Sunday and I found some really yummy recipes today. Main Course is Holy Yum Chicken! Don't you love that name! It does sound really yummy. I'm thinking I'll make rice and some veggies to go with it along with some fruit. For dessert I'm going to make No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. Also very yummy. Or I might make cherry. The topping is pie filling, so I could make any kind that I want using a pie filling.

ibalady12 06-14-2013 08:44 PM

for my xmas in july I will give a handmade birthday to everyone who stops joins my blog and on FB tell me which one they want and who for . i designed 15 different cards . so far i have created 58. every 10 th will get a bonus card.
i may let them choose from a limited number of cards for thier second card. doesnt mean that they definitely will be getting a 2nd card . i hope to have a couple hundred made by July 1. now whether that is 200 or 300 I dont know yet . I may make extras to sell . the idea is to get my name and my cards out there .
i'll show you guys the sketches shortly. now some of them i dropped because of some issues with some stamps .some of them the cling needs to be changed or replaced cause they kept falling off the acrylic blocks. now if i can get that done soon, I may add those back into the line up

hpyscrpr2 06-15-2013 07:14 AM

Morning all!

Have fun with your project Brandy...I hope you get lots of new peeps to your blog.

Dinner sounds very yummy Maggie! Have fun!!!

ibalady12 06-15-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 20205766)
Morning all!

Have fun with your project Brandy...I hope you get lots of new peeps to your blog.

thanks
thats not my main goal. its to start marketing my company Ibalady's Gallery and make some sales (actually tons of sales sounds good ). after all you dont have to be a crafter to be interested in a handmade card . I want a much broader audience than just craft bloggers

mschoener 06-16-2013 06:08 AM

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

Brandy, good luck with your project, getting your name and cards out there to the world. PSC is taking off the month of July - having a DT if anyone is interested in applying. I think I may use some of my spare time to finally set up my Etsy shop hoping also to get my name out there and my cards.

Had a really busy day yesterday, but one good thing is that I bought a Shark floor steamer. It's basically for hard floors, but you can use it on your carpet to refresh them. It's not a heavy duty carpet cleaner. It worked very well on my ceramic tile floors.

My great niece came by to see what her duties will be taking care of my kitties while I'm gone the end of this week.

ibalady12 06-16-2013 03:51 PM

Maggie , i looked in to an etsy and decided against it . while your building your name recognition you still have to pay even though you make no sales . once a sale has been made then i can see a % would be ok. but for now when i havent had any sales and im trying to use my funds economically. i cant justify sinking money into it and then just waiting . I want to be more active in growing my business. so for me right now its out of the question.
I have shipping costs for the near future

Brandy, good luck with your project, getting your name and cards out there to the world. PSC is taking off the month of July - having a DT if anyone is interested in applying. I think I may use some of my spare time to finally set up my Etsy shop hoping also to get my name out there and my cards.

Had a really busy day yesterday, but one good thing is that I bought a Shark floor steamer. It's basically for hard floors, but you can use it on your carpet to refresh them. It's not a heavy duty carpet cleaner. It worked very well on my ceramic tile floors.

My great niece came by to see what her duties will be taking care of my kitties while I'm gone the end of this week.

[/QUOTE]

pinkdisneychick01 06-17-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20199748)
Good morning.

I tried the syringe method last night and it worked pretty good. No bleeding from either side. ;) So I guess I'll be able to get them the rest of their meds.

Yeah for Copics. Yes, you do need to get some good paper, but you don't have to buy the most expensive. There are a few brands out there that work just fine. Just keep practicing. If you're wanting to learn more, Copics International is starting a new website called Creative Ladder. It's not up and running just yet, but will be soon. It's going to be online classes taught by the fabulous instructors.

Kelly posted on FB yesterday that she's not only busy with her 2 grand daughters, but also has some writing that is due to her editor and has been working on that. Not sure about Vikki.

I do have some fabulous news! I won that Fairy Challenge that I asked you all to vote on for me! Well, I WON! And the best part is my prize. I will get the next Fairy release (3 images) for free, but the really best part is that I will get to help Simply Betty design the 3 Fairies - what they look like, the theme for them, and also one of them will be named after me, so there will be a Maggie Fairy! Isn't that FABULOUS. I'm so excited about this. I knew I wanted to win, but I had no idea what the prize was going to be.

Maggie, A HUGE congratulations on your win! How exciting to have a stamp named after you and be part of the design process. Maybe you should suggest a Disney ear wearing fairy. LOL

I hope your fur babies are feeling better.

Have fun on your trip! I will be at Scrap Camp this weekend. I can't wait to post on my blog about it. I have been working on the prizes and the tags are super cute. Can't post a picture on the blog until the gals get them. Don't want to be a spoiler. LOl

Safe travels!

pinkdisneychick01 06-17-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20207144)
Maggie , i looked in to an etsy and decided against it . while your building your name recognition you still have to pay even though you make no sales . once a sale has been made then i can see a % would be ok. but for now when i havent had any sales and im trying to use my funds economically. i cant justify sinking money into it and then just waiting . I want to be more active in growing my business. so for me right now its out of the question.
I have shipping costs for the near future

[/QUOTE]

Hello Miss Brandy!

Excited for you to start selling your cards! Keep us posted on how things are going. Have a good day:-)

pinkdisneychick01 06-17-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 20205766)
Morning all!

Hello!

Hope you are having a good evening:-)

mschoener 06-18-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 (Post 20208634)
Maggie, A HUGE congratulations on your win! How exciting to have a stamp named rcafter you and be part of the design process. Maybe you should suggest a Disney ear wearing fairy. LOL

I hope your fur babies are feeling better.

Have fun on your trip! I will be at Scrap Camp this weekend. I can't wait to post on my blog about it. I have been working on the prizes and the tags are super cute. Can't post a picture on the blog until the gals get them. Don't want to be a spoiler. LOl

Safe travels!

Sounds like a fun weekend for you.

Fur babies are giving me grief! I've got 3 that I have to give meds to every night. What a circus. Last night I had 2 in one room with door closed and the other in my bedroom with the door closed. She was hiding under the bed. So it took a bit to force her out from under the bed. Then to get one out of the other room without letting the other one out. Finally got them all medicated. It's such a hassle. They each have meds until Thursday, but Casper is sneezing again. Called the vet yesterday, but no one called me back until 4 PM and then told me they would have the vet call me today. :confused: One more day with nothing done.

ashjoy 06-18-2013 03:29 AM

If you happen to loose any members would love to fill in. I blog 2-3 times a week.

mschoener 06-19-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20208893)
If you happen to loose any members would love to fill in. I blog 2-3 times a week.

Joyce, I'm sure we'd love to have you join us. I'm not sure we have anyone actually in charge of the blog. The girl that used to has moved on so feel free to hop in and let us know about yourself and share your blog address with us so we'll be able to visit.

hpyscrpr2 06-19-2013 09:06 AM

Hi Joyce! Welcome Hun....this is going to be FUN :-D

ashjoy 06-19-2013 10:09 AM

Hi Jackie:).

Is there a current link list of whose active?

mschoener 06-19-2013 10:17 AM

Joyce, if you go to the first page and the first post, there is a list of all the members and blogs. No. 1, 7, and 8 have not been active on the blog for some time.

Maybe it's time we thought about starting a new fresh blog thread with all the current active members on it.

What do you all think?